Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Famous Shoplifters

Winona Ryder

Discuss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 21, 2020 6:32 AM

HEDY LAMARR

REX REED

MY MOTHER

by Anonymousreply 1December 14, 2020 4:34 AM

Sticky Fingers Winona Strikes Again - 2008

Winona Ryder was arrested 6 years ago for stealing a bunch of shit from Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills. She was sentenced to 3 years probation and community service. Has she struck again? Winona was leaving a CVS Pharmacy in Hollywood when the security alarm went off. Winona kept walking. A security guard went after Winona and searched her bags. He found a bunch of make-up she didn’t pay for. She apparently told him, “I don’t know how that happened.”

A store employee confirmed that Winona took shit. They said, “We took unpaid items back and she left the store.”

by Anonymousreply 2December 14, 2020 4:36 AM

Farrah Fawcett

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 14, 2020 4:37 AM

Lady Isobel Barnett was a TV celebrity of the 60s. She was banned from some of the local shops because of her light fingered nature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 14, 2020 4:40 AM

Bess Meyerson

(my psyc professor said shoplifters often feel unseen in life. They don't even always really want the stuff. The stealing just gives them a lift from their depression about being neglected. There's some movie where Joan Allen plays a character like this. Forget which one.)

by Anonymousreply 5December 14, 2020 4:49 AM

Karma..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 14, 2020 4:56 AM

Lindsey Graham

by Anonymousreply 7December 14, 2020 6:43 AM

R5 The Ice Storm, thought of it immediately when I saw OP’s post. An exquisite movie, with phenomenal performances and it’s aged very well. I tend to watch it on Thanksgiving weekend, but I missed it this year. Maybe I’ll put it on my list for the month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 14, 2020 7:52 AM

"Shelley Morrison - Shelley Morrison, an actress famous for her role in the TV show Will & Grace, admitted to stealing $446 worth of costume jewelry from the Robinsons-May department store in 2003. Fortunately for her, since she had no prior record, and was only sentenced to one year of probation and fined $300."

by Anonymousreply 9December 14, 2020 8:11 AM

The Louvre is filled with the thing sticky fingers Napoleon pinched in his travels.

by Anonymousreply 10December 14, 2020 8:13 AM

Remember that time Donald J. Trump tried to shoplift an American election. Ha HA HAAA. Seriously, where did there did he think he is? Russia? JI-NAAA?

by Anonymousreply 11December 14, 2020 8:48 AM

R9 Rosario shoplifted?

Wow!

by Anonymousreply 12December 14, 2020 10:07 AM

The late Shelley Morrison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 14, 2020 10:09 AM

*waves Olympic gold medals at everyone*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 14, 2020 10:27 AM

Such a sad crime, clearly an anguished call for attention. I'd forgotten about Bess Myerson, who, ironically, was once head of Consumer Affairs in NYC.

Funny how it's usually a woman except for Rex Reed.

by Anonymousreply 15December 14, 2020 2:24 PM

India Hicks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 14, 2020 5:15 PM

And then Winona wears these beautiful things to her trial... She was totally high at the time, had a syringe with her.

by Anonymousreply 17December 14, 2020 5:20 PM

Lainie Kazan My late mother, may she shoplift in peace

by Anonymousreply 18December 14, 2020 5:21 PM

Sorry, needed a comma. Lainie isn’t dead yet. My mother is dead.

by Anonymousreply 19December 14, 2020 5:22 PM

My mother wasn't a shop lifter per se but she had no compunction about swiping the flatware and condiments off of a restaurant table (in their holders) or a few towels from a hotel. "We paid the bill, after all!" This might well be a Jewish mother characteristic.

by Anonymousreply 20December 14, 2020 7:09 PM

Betty Heslop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 14, 2020 7:12 PM

Their theme song....

My only weakness is a list of crimes....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 14, 2020 8:51 PM

Joe Biden, 'cause he pretty clearly stole this election.

by Anonymousreply 23December 14, 2020 9:05 PM

R23 LOLOLOLOLLLLLLL

by Anonymousreply 24December 14, 2020 9:06 PM

Laura Ingraham (Fox News)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 14, 2020 9:07 PM

Ingraham looks like a man in the early shot.

by Anonymousreply 26December 14, 2020 9:12 PM

Frances Quinn: Winner of the 2013 British Bake Off for stealing flour and eggs from Waitrose !!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 14, 2020 9:18 PM

Famous in Seattle, local news anchor Jean Enerson, who for decades was a klepto that 'shopped' at Nordstrom's. And they let her do it...

by Anonymousreply 28December 14, 2020 9:26 PM

I browse, at Macy's

but

I *SHOPLIFT* at Alexanders!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 14, 2020 9:29 PM

Lady Isobel Barnett had a (mostly radio) career on panel shows, where she became famous as a witty, informed, interesting personality. After 10 long, lonely years following the death of her husband, she was arrested for shoplifting some food, valued at £0.87 - about 35c in 1980. Four days later, she killed herself with an overdose of prescription medicine. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 30December 14, 2020 9:42 PM

Most people who commit this crime are actually wealthy enough to afford the stuff they steal. This is an interesting disorder, maybe a psychiatric condition. Are they doing it for the thrill? Because they think the store (or a store employee) deserves it?

I have a compulsive behavior disorder, and I was powerless to resist the urges. The resulting behavior caused me a lot of embarrassment and distress, but fortunately, it wasn't an illegal behavior. I can't imagine having irresistible urges to commit an act that's a crime.

In some states, if you steal a $2.00 object, you'll get a criminal record that follows you for the rest of your life.

by Anonymousreply 31December 14, 2020 10:01 PM

Rex Reed, CD’s of Peggy Lee

by Anonymousreply 32December 14, 2020 10:04 PM

R30 I grew up in the next village to hers. She was banned by all the local shops because they knew what she did.

What's more remarkable was that she sat as a Magistrate in the local court house, dispensing justice for people arrested for crimes like erm.... shoplifting!

'A coroner's inquest subsequently ruled that Barnett killed herself with an overdose of painkillers in her bath. During the inquest, police testified that she wore an extra spacious pocket, known as a poacher's pocket, inside her coat when she was caught stealing the groceries. Two days before her death, Barnett told an interviewer she was a compulsive thief and had been shoplifting for years. Finding that Barnett, a trained physician, killed herself deliberately with an overdose of arthritis painkiller, coroner Guy Tooze said, "She had recently suffered one of the most traumatic experiences any woman could suffer". Tooze went on to say, "I am satisfied she took a fatal overdose deliberately and knew what she was doing".'

by Anonymousreply 33December 15, 2020 1:39 AM

Lena Zavaroni, the Scottish child singing star, was in her thirties when she was accused of shoplifting a 50p packet of jelly. She said it was just a mistake; somehow the jelly got mixed up in with some things she purchased. By that time her career was over and she was living "on the dole." She was also dying of anorexia. She had an operation similar to a lobotomy to try and help her conquer her disease, but she ended up dying of chest infection at 35. Hers is one of the most tragic of Hollywood stories.

by Anonymousreply 34December 15, 2020 1:53 AM

Opportunity knocked but she didn't answer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 15, 2020 2:07 AM

It's almost like she's doing an impression of Miss Wayne Newton!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 20, 2020 3:14 PM

Jeez, totally forgot about the little Zavaroni. If only she'd eaten more pasta...that's it, ZAVARONI PASTA!

by Anonymousreply 37December 20, 2020 3:21 PM

GREMLINS’ star Zach Galligan was arrested in 2003 for stealing a Deep Purple CD from Tower Records. I remember hearing about this at the time and being surprised.

From the article: “After his arrest, Galligan did own up to his boneheaded move, reportedly telling deputies, "This is stupidest thing I've ever done."”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 20, 2020 3:31 PM

Do more women and gays shoplift? Aside from Zach Galligan stealing a very straight Deep Purple CD it doesn't seem like this is something straight men do?

Or, of course, those with morals.

by Anonymousreply 39December 20, 2020 3:46 PM

Lizzie Borden

by Anonymousreply 40December 20, 2020 4:01 PM

Rudy Giuliani’s daughter shoplifted from Sephora. Does she qualify as a famous person?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 20, 2020 4:08 PM

Lindsay Lohan, shoplifter and thief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 20, 2020 4:19 PM

Marcia Brady was a klepto in an episode of Nancy Drew.

A fictional character, but OP didn't specify that they had to be real people and Maureen is famous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 20, 2020 4:31 PM

Isn't Miss Lindsay a shoplifter? Why hasn't this become widespread news if it's true?

by Anonymousreply 44December 20, 2020 5:23 PM

God, shoplifting must be a compulsion because the idea of it gives me the cold sweats. I always hold my breath when walking through those exits with censors, even when I didn’t take anything.

by Anonymousreply 45December 20, 2020 5:58 PM

Kim Richards - at a Van Nuys Target

by Anonymousreply 46December 21, 2020 6:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!