Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Would you support Nancy for Speaker again?

Of the 15 Democrats who voted against Pelosi on the floor in 2019, 10 survived reelection. An eleventh, Rep. Jeff Van Drew, has since switched to the Republican Party.

And wtf is van drew??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127December 23, 2020 12:25 AM

She doesn't deserve it. She said she would not run again if voted as Speaker back in 2018. She wants remain in power because of Biden and Harris. She is a dinosaur and out of touch with her district and reality. She needs to leave!

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2020 5:15 PM

Who's the alternative?

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2020 5:24 PM

Yes, I support Nancy. We need her as Biden takes office, at least until the 2022 midterm elections. Start grooming someone else to take over in 2022 or 2024, but for now, we need Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House.

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2020 5:27 PM

No.

by Anonymousreply 4December 11, 2020 5:28 PM

I have nothing against her but it is probably time for some new blood.

by Anonymousreply 5December 11, 2020 5:33 PM

She was the one who knew how to fight against Trump and how to make him totally mad. She should continue.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2020 5:38 PM

Nancy is an Aries. Trump is a Gemini. Hilarious pairing, if you know astrology.

Biden is a Scorpio, less drama for Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2020 5:52 PM

Except for Lujan and Jeffries, the house democratic leadership is too old. The current leadership didn’t really seem to want to give up power and groom some replacements. Same with the Dem Senate leadership.

It will be interesting to see who becomes the next Representative from San Francisco. Same with Feinsteins replacement when that happens.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2020 5:53 PM

We need YoungBlood. She's too old and needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2020 5:55 PM

Tim Ryan. Reconnect with the working class.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2020 5:58 PM

Of course, Tim is a white male, which is anathema in the new Democratic Party. I guess it has to be a black woman.

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2020 6:00 PM

Gotta be someone super cunty but smart like her.

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2020 6:01 PM

R 12- Maybe stereotypical, how about one of these folks, but only one of the real gay ones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2020 6:47 PM

R13, Tulsi is on that list. How about her?

by Anonymousreply 14December 11, 2020 6:49 PM

[Quote] groom some replacements

Good and sensible, but. Is this anathema to politicians? Not in their DNA?

by Anonymousreply 15December 11, 2020 6:50 PM

No, she’s too old and out of touch. She’s also worth about $200 million by some estimates.

We need real Americans who can identify with real America.

by Anonymousreply 16December 11, 2020 6:54 PM

[quote] Good and sensible, but. Is this anathema to politicians? Not in their DNA?

Just the democratic politicians. The repugs have 1, 3, 5, 10 & 20 year plans

The Dems are, "we'll see how it goes"

They could be capitalizing on Abortion rights right this very second by bringing up the fact that trump, rudy, chris christie, ben carson and other assorted scum all took Regeneron Antibody Covid treatment that was created using fetal stem cells from an abortion. But the dems don't really give a shit about a woman's right to choose

by Anonymousreply 17December 11, 2020 6:57 PM

Fuck no I'm not supporting that cunt.

by Anonymousreply 18December 11, 2020 6:58 PM

Boy, what short memories many of you have. Pelosi has handled herself beautifully, and people who wanted her replaced in 2018 changed their tune based on her strength against Trump.

That and some here are just dumb trolls.

by Anonymousreply 19December 11, 2020 6:59 PM

She was the architect of the return of the Democrats to House control in 2018.

Unfortunately presidential politics sets the tone of politics, even in House elections, so many vulnerable Democrats were victims of Trump cult obsession in 2020. That was a tidal wave no one could have resisted. It was WAY beyond congressional politics.

Get rid of Nancy and you get rid of the most experienced and calculating politician in America today. For what? Because you want something fresh and new? “YoungBlood,” whatever that means? Be my guest — the Democratic Party has a real gift for self-harm.

by Anonymousreply 20December 11, 2020 7:00 PM

Between her salon visit and her refusing to pass a relief bill because she wanted Biden to get elected, no fucking way.

by Anonymousreply 21December 11, 2020 7:01 PM

No one, absolutely no one knows better how Politics and Congress intermingle to make things happen except maybe McConnell. She's a dinosaur but she's dealing with dinosaurs.

by Anonymousreply 22December 11, 2020 7:10 PM

Troll alert at R21. She and her colleagues passed a second relief bill back in May, which McConnell and the GOP sat on for almost 2 months, thinking that the reopening of America would make it unnecessary.

A bad bet and a big fail. Pelosi has been the one working with Mnuchin all these months, but Trump and the GOP keep coming up with these poison pill bills that Pelosi and Schumer aren't going to support. Pelosi has already agreed to some compromises, but McConnell wants everything his way.

by Anonymousreply 23December 11, 2020 7:10 PM

[quote] She and her colleagues passed a second relief bill back in May, which McConnell and the GOP sat on for almost 2 months, thinking that the reopening of America would make it unnecessary.

And Nancy get that fact across to most of the country

She never gets anything across to the public. That's a part of the reason so many poor people vote republican. They're just that stupid and the dems should be educating them. But they aren't

by Anonymousreply 24December 11, 2020 7:29 PM

[Quote] They're just that stupid and the dems should be educating them. But they aren't

They should be fighting for them. And they aren't.

by Anonymousreply 25December 11, 2020 7:35 PM

Nancy has troubles speaking. Like the bridges in her mouth are loose. With her money, she should have oral prosthesis in her mouth that fit. Enough of Nancy. She's a corporate Dem who is blind to the future, she's trying to hold on to the old. The country is a disaster. We need serious fighters in office, not those working for, and sucking money from their donors.

by Anonymousreply 26December 11, 2020 7:36 PM

Schumer is worthless as well.

by Anonymousreply 27December 11, 2020 7:37 PM

I know she'll have to step down at some point, but her replacement can't just be some telegenic goober who gave some speech or interview you liked that one time. It's tough to think of a replacement who is experienced enough to actually know some shit about how the House operates, dedicated to learning more and actually staying in the House and not jumping to the Senate at the first opportunity, acceptable to various factions, good at the backslapping stuff but also tough enough to impose discipline when needed. It's not an easy job to fill, but obviously it can't just be Nancy forever.

by Anonymousreply 28December 11, 2020 7:38 PM

Both are tired old horses.

by Anonymousreply 29December 11, 2020 7:39 PM

Strategically, maybe, but for 2 years at most.

On principle, no. I think part of being a good leader is knowing when to pass the baton. And doing it. And her time is well up. (Not to say she did nothing good in recent years, but that she stayed on too long already.)

In her years of service certainly she's seen some position in which she could start afresh, a new challenge for her and a way to shine a light on some important issue or cause. If that's not the case, she should trade her professional schedule for a social schedule.

I don't single her out for any reason other than that she has held her position for many years, performed well, but is now a bit stale in that position and should move along. Q

by Anonymousreply 30December 11, 2020 7:43 PM

Waaaaay past here expiration date. Time to pass the mantle. And take FiDi with you !

by Anonymousreply 31December 11, 2020 7:45 PM

Feinstein doesn't even know where she is most days.

by Anonymousreply 32December 11, 2020 7:46 PM

Pelosi can balance the Dem. factions like no other. If she loses this power/gift, she can quit.

But the desire of politicians kissed by the Truth of their positions and the Holy Need of their constituencies are not the people who can govern, or keep the party from collapsing in the face of a fascist GOP campaign of distortion, lies, cynicism and hate.

Policy must be possible, both for setting it into place and managing it. And it takes the experience of Pelosi to know this.

The radicals who would shit on the middle are as problematic and harmful no matter what their political views. Anyone lit by the fire of their truth doesn't meet the requirement for leadership unless it's a revolution (which it's not) or a civil war (which we need to avoid).

by Anonymousreply 33December 11, 2020 7:52 PM

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Looks like Miss Nancy is on the second part of this.

by Anonymousreply 34December 17, 2020 12:42 AM

The House still isn't paying attention to the Hispanic voter. That's where we lost so many in Florida and Texas. That's on Nancy. Overall I think she's been incredible but they really are blowing it with a huge voting minority.

by Anonymousreply 35December 17, 2020 1:00 AM

[quote]Get rid of Nancy and you get rid of the most experienced and calculating politician in America today. For what? Because you want something fresh and new? “YoungBlood,” whatever that means? Be my guest — the Democratic Party has a real gift for self-harm.

The woman is eighty years old. She needs to be passing the baton at this point. Hakeem Jeffries is rumored to be her successor, and if she's not mentoring him at this point, then she needs to get on it ASAP.

Some of you didn't learn a thing from the Ginsburg situation about what can happen when people hold onto power for too long.

by Anonymousreply 36December 17, 2020 1:09 AM

Yes, OP. But that's it. One more short term and, then, NEW BLOOD.

by Anonymousreply 37December 17, 2020 1:10 AM

I was under the impression that she had promised to leave in 2022.

She's done amazing work in a very tough job but she needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 38December 17, 2020 1:15 AM

No, she's worthless. We need a true Liberal, not someone who basically is a 1%'er and a cowardly one at that.

by Anonymousreply 39December 17, 2020 1:16 AM

No, and let her take Schumer with her. The majority of the country always votes for Dems and yet Dems act like sniveling cowards. They need to say LOUDLY to the McConnells that their states are worthless. What do you think "being nice" does? Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 40December 17, 2020 1:18 AM

[quote]Get rid of Nancy and you get rid of the most experienced and calculating politician in America today. For what? Because you want something fresh and new? “YoungBlood,” whatever that means? Be my guest — the Democratic Party has a real gift for self-harm.

For some, it's her age. For me, it is not. It's her antiquated mindset where she still acts like the opposition party isn't complete evil garbage. Bill Pascrell is older than she is and I'd prefer HE were the speaker. She just ignores every fucking thing the Republicans do. Guess what? It doesn't matter how silent she remains because whatever bill she puts through will fail anyway once it gets to McConnell, so WTF is she trying to grasp onto by remaining silent on the treachery from the right-wing? She has shown no toughness whatsoever. Has she ever even put forth any punishment or hearings on the countless times these assholes on the right have lied or clearly committed treason against this country?

by Anonymousreply 41December 17, 2020 1:25 AM

BTW, the impeachment thing is meaningless when Trump and his flying monkeys have done so much to hurt this country and she has said nothing. Her tepid rebukes are tiresome. the only thing worse is Schumer's pathetic responses.

by Anonymousreply 42December 17, 2020 1:27 AM

No, god bless her but these ancients need to let fresh blood in. That generation just isn't part of the woke world any longer. We need people in touch w technology ffs.

by Anonymousreply 43December 17, 2020 2:01 AM

We need to change a system where people become so entrenched that fresh ideas have no chance to break through. I mean why does someone like Pelosi even want this? She could comfortably retire and advise from the side. It's a power trip.

by Anonymousreply 44December 17, 2020 2:07 AM

100 times YES

by Anonymousreply 45December 17, 2020 3:23 AM

I also thought she said she would leave in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 46December 17, 2020 4:13 AM

No. She's a horrible person.

by Anonymousreply 47December 17, 2020 4:46 AM

Katie Porter! All due respect for Nancy, but her style of 'negotiating' is no longer effective today. She's always trying to keep a lid on important issues while the Pukes air it all over Fox. Why can she not point out effectively that McTurtle is trying to protect greedy employers in this must-needed stimulus? If she cannot appeal to the public that this is just plain wrong, then I guess we really won't know what's in any bill before it has been passed. She gives ample attack points that the Pukes love to exploit.

Katie Porter, on the other hand, will bring it! She's smart, she's outspoken, she's a pedigreed attorney, she's from a conservative Orange County, California. Seems she meets or exceeds all liberal qualifications.

by Anonymousreply 48December 17, 2020 9:08 AM

I think a lot of members of her own party were upset that she deliberately prevented Covid relief before the election. Everyone knew that the state and local government aid was a poison pill. Now the compromise bill will end up being even smaller than the bill the Republicans tried to pass this summer. While passing up on getting half a loaf, she now has to accept a quarter of a loaf.

by Anonymousreply 49December 17, 2020 9:29 AM

No. Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 50December 17, 2020 9:43 AM

Pelosi has basically outed herself as a hypocrite and has done nothing but intensified the bipartisanship. Her non-leadership during these troubling time is infuriating. She can easily become the most hated politician when Trump administration leave office.

by Anonymousreply 51December 17, 2020 10:19 AM

R49 yes, it is more than upsetting. To everyone still support her, this is a woman who care nothing about the American. To ensure her party win the election, she wanted you to suffer so people can hate trump more. Her big talk of "stimulus is not big enough" is just proven a lie now that she support a bill that is even smaller. People, don't fool yourself, she is just a despicable human being.

by Anonymousreply 52December 17, 2020 10:24 AM

Hakeem Jeffries' name is being thrown around to replace Nancy.

Not sure about Schumer, I wish they'd give Amy Klobuchar the Senate majority leader job, she would be amazing. Given that Warnock and Ossoff win their races.

by Anonymousreply 53December 17, 2020 10:37 AM

It's always pretty grotesque to see the flood of deliberate anti-Democratic Party misinformation on these Nancy Pelosi threads. I don't know if it's gullible old eldergays who just like to crab about women 24/7 or if it's trolls who organize off-site to swarm these threads, but it's stupid.

Pelosi didn't hold up COVID relief, that was McConnell. If you can't even get THAT basic fact right then your opinions on politics aren't worth shit.

by Anonymousreply 54December 17, 2020 10:40 AM

[quote] groom some replacements

[quote]Good and sensible, but. Is this anathema to politicians?

Yes, it is. Specifically to someone of her generation. The thinking is if I groom someone to replace me, then I could be replaced. The corporate world is loaded with this attitude.

by Anonymousreply 55December 17, 2020 12:00 PM

[quote] You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Pffft. This guy has NO idea what he’s talking about.

by Anonymousreply 56December 17, 2020 12:01 PM

[quote] Get rid of Nancy and you get rid of the most experienced and calculating politician in America today. For what? Because you want something fresh and new?

Exactly. Just because Biden will be president doesn't mean that the danger of Trump and his crazy followers has passed. She has the skills and the experience to handle not only Trump but also McConnell. She knows where the bodies are buried. No one else comes close. So yes start grooming the next generation of leaders. That should be the party's first priority. But this is not the time for her to step down.

by Anonymousreply 57December 17, 2020 12:07 PM

Fuck no. Is this entitled Cunt the best we have?

by Anonymousreply 58December 17, 2020 12:36 PM

R54 people like you are why Nancy Pelosi could earn 100 millions in Congress. Gosh, even CNN called her out on television. You just want to convince yourself that the Democrats are all nice and caring because it would upset you if you let yourself believe otherwise. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 59December 17, 2020 1:30 PM

[quote][R49] yes, it is more than upsetting. To everyone still support her, this is a woman who care nothing about the American. To ensure her party win the election, she wanted you to suffer so people can hate trump more. Her big talk of "stimulus is not big enough" is just proven a lie now that she support a bill that is even smaller. People, don't fool yourself, she is just a despicable human being.

I want her gone, but what a loathsome shit you must be to think Trump isn't easy to hate all on his own by anyone with even a modicum of decency. You must be such garbage to act as though it requires anyone for to be Trump hated all on his own for being a repugnant pos. And no mention of McConnell's role in why we aren't getting the stimulus? What a surprise, you shit. SHE isn't the problem, piglet, it's the Republicans who couldn't give less of a shit about working people and insist -as always-on money for people who already fucking have more than they can spend in a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 60December 17, 2020 3:04 PM

for Trump to be*

by Anonymousreply 61December 17, 2020 3:04 PM

Hakeem Jeffries and Amy Klobuchar are both great contenders as a replacement (maybe one could replace Schumer) but I wonder if it wouldn't be better to wait until 2022? Is it best to keep Nancy for the transition?

by Anonymousreply 62December 17, 2020 3:11 PM

After 2022, there may never again be a Dem SotH, because Republicans are redrawing the congressional map and those psychos know they can ever have control through actual voters and winning. They'll be drawing pretzel-like districts to hold power.

by Anonymousreply 63December 17, 2020 3:15 PM

She's getting too old and senile.

by Anonymousreply 64December 17, 2020 4:43 PM

[quote] She never gets anything across to the public. That's a part of the reason so many poor people vote republican. They're just that stupid and the dems should be educating them. But they aren't

If she could just get a point across, the citizens will do all the work and the republicans would never be in control of the senate again

So for all of you saying Nancy is so great. She handles things so that nothing changes. She keeps the status quo

In Georgia, I predict the republicans will win or if the dems are lucky, one (either Ossoff or Warnock) will win, but not both

So prepare for 4 more years of nothing

by Anonymousreply 65December 17, 2020 7:34 PM

Hakeem Jeffries would not put up with the far leftie saboteurs.

by Anonymousreply 66December 17, 2020 8:37 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question but can a senator (say, Amy K) be Speaker of the House? Or must it be a Congressman(woman)?

by Anonymousreply 67December 17, 2020 8:50 PM

No.

by Anonymousreply 68December 17, 2020 8:58 PM

She already announced this is it for her.

by Anonymousreply 69December 17, 2020 9:02 PM

Keep in mind that Nancy passed the most progressive legislation in history and always got the House Dems to vote together. Republicans have never been able to do that. They’re a mess. The next Dem will show you just what a tough job Nancy had. Nancy brought the money and twisted wrists to get shit down. Dems will be represented by one of the far Left looms. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 70December 17, 2020 9:05 PM

Keep in mind that Nancy passed the most progressive legislation in history and always got the House Dems to vote together. Republicans have never been able to do that. They’re a mess. The next Dem will show you just what a tough job Nancy had. Nancy brought the money and twisted arms to get shit down. Dems will be represented by one of the far Left looms. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 71December 17, 2020 9:05 PM

Keep in mind that Nancy passed the most progressive legislation in history and always got the House Dems to vote together. Republicans have never been able to do that. They’re a mess. The next Dem will show you just what a tough job Nancy had. Nancy brought the money and twisted arms to get shit done. Dems will be represented by one of the far Left looms. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 72December 17, 2020 9:06 PM

Keep in mind that Nancy passed the most progressive legislation in history and always got the House Dems to vote together. Republicans have never been able to do that. They’re a mess. The next Dem will show you just what a tough job Nancy had. Nancy brought the money and twisted arms to get shit done. Dems will be represented by one of the far Left loons. Mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 73December 17, 2020 9:06 PM

[Quote]can a senator (say, Amy K) be Speaker of the House? Or must it be a Congressman(woman)?

R67 Are you not from the US that you ask this question?

If you are from the US, this country's got a lot of work to do in civics class.

by Anonymousreply 74December 17, 2020 9:12 PM

I've heard she passed the most progressive legislation in history and always got the House Dems to vote together.

Can anyone confirm?

by Anonymousreply 75December 17, 2020 9:15 PM

No, OP. We need new blood.

by Anonymousreply 76December 17, 2020 9:27 PM

Are civics even taught anymore, r74?

by Anonymousreply 77December 17, 2020 9:28 PM

Now, now, r75, that was just an echo. Since Muriel did the DL renovations, the acoustics have been a bit problematic.

by Anonymousreply 78December 17, 2020 9:31 PM

I would obviously support her over a Republican any day, but I think it’s time to get a younger Democrat in that position.

Between this and having a 78 year old president-elect, Democrats need to fucking wake up and start training/mentoring some young blood Democrats for these higher up positions because these elderly people aren’t going to be around forever.

by Anonymousreply 79December 17, 2020 9:34 PM

If you feel Nancy needs to replaced (I don't), please say with who. Who do you think will do a better job?

by Anonymousreply 80December 17, 2020 9:51 PM

Of course she’s an Aries. She needs to stay.

by Anonymousreply 81December 17, 2020 9:59 PM

[quote]Of course she’s an Aries

She’s an old Dodge car?

by Anonymousreply 82December 17, 2020 10:21 PM

[quote] Since Muriel did the DL renovations, the acoustics have been a bit problematic.

Maybe she shouldn’t have bought the soundproofing from the same place the Station Nightclub did.

by Anonymousreply 83December 17, 2020 10:22 PM

Nancy looks like she should be out delivering poisoned apples to cottages in the woods.

by Anonymousreply 84December 17, 2020 10:32 PM

[quote]If you feel Nancy needs to replaced (I don't), please say with who. Who do you think will do a better job?

So you think it’s a good idea not to have a replacement ready considering she’s 80 years old? I don’t know who, but she isn’t going to be able to do the job forever and Democrats need to plan for the future.

by Anonymousreply 85December 17, 2020 10:40 PM

The only issue is finding a replacement. She’s the best we’ve seen since Tip O’Neill. Whether you like her or not, she gets shit done. You will see how hard that is with whomever they choose to replace her. Congress is now made up of Trumpers, QAnon, and Democratic Socialists. It’s going to be a mess.

by Anonymousreply 86December 17, 2020 10:46 PM

Another vote for Katie Porter. Don't care if she hasn't been there long. She's brilliant and awesome.

by Anonymousreply 87December 17, 2020 11:20 PM

No. She's too entrenched in the outdated, traditional way of running things, even though the GOP engages in rampant criminality and the flaunting or bypassing of rules on a daily basis. Her time is not only over, it was over a long time ago. All of the Dem leadership needs to get punitive with the GOP, or at the very least do more than offer performantive sternness and schoolmarm chastisement.

by Anonymousreply 88December 17, 2020 11:25 PM

I adore Nancy & she did a brilliant job of holding together different groups while constantly under attack by Dump & the repigs, but it's time to bring in new blood and give some youngster (60 year old?) a chance. Whoever takes her place needs to try to assuage the progressives like AOC with the people in more conservative districts, but I think it's time to pass the torch. Joe should give Nancy the Medal of Freedom and thank her for her service to her country in a time of need.

Nancy stepping aside doesn't make it look like they are picking on DiFi, who CLEARLY needs to go and not just because she cuddles up to Lady G

by Anonymousreply 89December 17, 2020 11:26 PM

I really don’t want to take this thread off topic, but yes some of us registered Democrats are saying Madame Pelosi needs to GO.

She did seriously miscalculate during the relief negotiations. I get it. She wanted to continue to let it look like Republicans were ignoring the pandemic and not helping, WHICH IS TRUE, but evidently it didn’t work as she lost some seats. The MODERATES were telling her take the $1.8T deal. McConnell had said that if she and Mnuchin agreed, they would bring it to a vote. Trump would’ve pressured Mitch. She could’ve came out and said “We worked with the White House, we agree with the President, why won’t Senate Republicans act??” But Madame Speaker knows best and any dissent can’t be had lest you exhaust her short patience.

I bet Latinos voted against Democrats because Schumer CLEARLY didn’t care during the “number of beds” negotiations.

These fossils get offended someone dare dissent within the party. Why does Dianne Feinstein HAVE to be told that this is NOT the assisted living facility?? Again, you don’t need to give AOC a cabinet seat, but she clearly resonates with her constituency and many others. Give her a voice and a future path.

Jeffries is okay. Are they grooming Swallwell and Schiff?? Val Demmings? David Cippilone (sp?) the Rep from Rhode Island for the DataLounge vote?? How about Sean Patrick Maloney who I am about to primary my damn self....

by Anonymousreply 90December 18, 2020 12:14 AM

Dems loved to compromise with Republicans so damn much they ought to fucking campaign on it—oh wait....

by Anonymousreply 91December 18, 2020 12:15 AM

[quote] So you think it’s a good idea not to have a replacement ready considering she’s 80 years old? I don’t know who, but she isn’t going to be able to do the job forever and Democrats need to plan for the future

This same non-strategy worked out so well for the dems regarding the Supreme Court. They want a repeat, but in the Congress

by Anonymousreply 92December 18, 2020 1:05 AM

r90, all of your choices for Nancy's successor are brilliant. You give me hope. I'd personally vote for Maloney, Schiff, Jeffries, Demmings and Swalwell in that order.

by Anonymousreply 93December 18, 2020 3:24 AM

They better keep AlwaysOnCamera quiet and away from any committees. She's proven again and again that she's nothing but trouble for democrats.

by Anonymousreply 94December 18, 2020 3:46 AM

R21 Counting her salon visit as a key point to not have her again is a bit much.

by Anonymousreply 95December 18, 2020 4:14 AM

I thought well finally NDP played it tough by sticking to her guns regarding the 2nd stimulus. So, why is she caving in now? Yes, we need to extend unemployment payments and, yes, we need a moratorium on evictions, but giving a pittance of $600 to people is just plain insulting. Does Nancy think we can all enjoy the Holidays with that? Somehow this woman managed to piss everybody off. Now that's a rare talent!

by Anonymousreply 96December 18, 2020 1:59 PM

Horse. Midstream.

by Anonymousreply 97December 18, 2020 2:18 PM

[quote] She could’ve came out and said

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 98December 18, 2020 3:52 PM

[quote] They better keep AlwaysOnCamera quiet and away from any committees.

They did.

by Anonymousreply 99December 18, 2020 3:52 PM

And the vote, R99, was something like 3-plus times as many votes against AOC than the 13 votes for her

by Anonymousreply 100December 18, 2020 4:07 PM

R14 Tulsi's term ends when the new Congress convenes. You can't lead a group you don't belong to.

Also, I presume she'd get about five votes if she were going back to Congress in January and ran for Speaker.

Pelosi for two more years.

by Anonymousreply 101December 18, 2020 4:10 PM

No. She and her consultants who decided the past election Democrats should just keep screaming healthcare! while ignoring Trump and everything else damn near cost us the House. It *will* end up costing us the House very soon because of our massive state losses. Republicans get to re-draw the maps. Again. She blew it and she should have stepped down four years ago. She did nothing to keep Trump in check and had to be forced into impeaching the most corrupt person in history. I'm sick to fucking death of her.

by Anonymousreply 102December 18, 2020 4:23 PM

Big fat no! She should have relegated the squad to the worst committees and ostracized them from the start. Now their brand of nuttiness is infecting the party.

by Anonymousreply 103December 18, 2020 4:26 PM

Pelosi voted to give money for Trump's Border wall.

Off with her head!

by Anonymousreply 104December 19, 2020 11:40 PM

[quote]Now their brand of nuttiness is infecting the party.

What specific policy is nutty? Name ONE policy which is the equivalent of any psychotic or evil policy from the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 105December 19, 2020 11:43 PM

There are some deranged individuals in this forum who support for the Democratic party can only be comparable to Qnon support for Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 106December 20, 2020 2:09 AM

I would not. I officially denounced the DNC this year, I've moved far left of the Democrats. They're a bunch of ineffective dinosaurs. Seeing millions of Americans suffering & in need of financial help this year solidified my disdain for the establishment, and that includes her. The wealthy don't give a shit about us.

by Anonymousreply 107December 20, 2020 3:02 AM

Obviously AlwaysOnCamera isn't doing anything to help ordinary Americans. She has been the least effective House member, couldn't get any bills passed.

by Anonymousreply 108December 20, 2020 3:05 AM

She blew the impeachment opportunity. Let her retire and Gavin can pick Katy.

by Anonymousreply 109December 20, 2020 3:09 AM

This is why I love Democrats, they do my work for me.

By all means get rid of her, and put some weak naive newcomer in. This will make me even more powerful than you can imagine. Go ahead, do it, I encourage you to do so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 20, 2020 3:10 AM

She's the only one who could stand up and tell Donald Trump to shove it up his ass, for that she earns a life term. All the other pussies, including young Democrats didnt have the balls. Just saying. That's why they hate her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 20, 2020 3:16 AM

Please tell me what other Demarcate has the balls to do this? 4 years of Trump and not a single Dem did anything so bold. Oh sure Tweeting from home is so hard, but face to face takes guts. His speech was all lies and full of crap, the American people needed to see that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 20, 2020 3:21 AM

[quote]She blew the impeachment opportunity. Let her retire and Gavin can pick Katy.

That's bull shit, stop spreading lies. TRUMP WAS IMPEACHED BY THE HOUSE just like she said she would do. It was the senate run by Mitch McTurtle who let him run free.

by Anonymousreply 113December 20, 2020 3:27 AM

And, R113, she can count the Senate as well as the House so while she was reluctant to waste time on political theater, she finally allowed the impeachment to proceed, knowing it was DOA in the Senate and that they would never, ever, get the necessary votes to convict Trump there.

Blaming the Speaker of the House for the craven actions and votes of corrupt Republican Senators is idiocy, ignorance or both, but WTF, there’s plenty of that here.

by Anonymousreply 114December 20, 2020 1:25 PM

R112, meaningless symbolism as it turns out. Get back to me when she actually holds 126 anti-American scumbag traitors accountable for their attempt to overthrow a democratic election in which they were the winning candidate but only want the upticket overturned, not their own.

by Anonymousreply 115December 20, 2020 2:28 PM

^^This.

by Anonymousreply 116December 20, 2020 4:02 PM

R112 Another deranged fellow. What she did was shredding hardcopy in front of the orange man on national television. It doesn't take "gut", you just have to be shameless to do that.

Demanding M4All and running a campaign that was about taxing the billionaires, now that takes gut.

by Anonymousreply 117December 21, 2020 11:27 AM

I absolutely support Nancy. I'm sure this will be her final term, but she deserves our support. Be very careful of the proverbial "wolf in sheep's clothing..." because there are people who will challenge her with malicious intent. Untried, untested, a lot of mouth. If you never really heard of them, it's a good bet they are up to no good. You want someone like Hakeem Jefferies, or proven Good Guys not some loud mouth arrogant POS wanting to make a name for himself. Not some misogynistic creep who feels like she has to go because "it's time for new leadership." Nancy knows it's time. She is working on her own transition.

by Anonymousreply 118December 21, 2020 12:44 PM

[quote] She is working on her own transition.

At her age?! That’s gonna make it tricky for the doctors.

by Anonymousreply 119December 21, 2020 2:16 PM

[quote]Get back to me when she actually holds 126 anti-American scumbag traitors accountable for their attempt to overthrow a democratic election in which they were the winning candidate but only want the upticket overturned, not their own.

Get back to us when you are done with your jerk off ideological purity test. There's only so much power Speaker of the house has, she used it better than anyone has in decades from either party. If you want all those 126 scumbags held accountable, maybe you should have tried harder to get Aunt Deplorable and neighbor Trumpeter to vote for down ticket Democrats instead of throwing up your hands and blaming Nancy Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 120December 22, 2020 9:19 AM

Funny, R120. She doesn't have the power to do anything what with being in power for decades, yet newly-elected, GOP politicians who haven't even held office yet, can? When the GOP had the majority, they held countless hearings on how evil Obama was and found ways to fuck with him, but she CAN'T do anything? Is that right? All she can do is tear some paper up and create a meme where she mockingly claps for Trump. That about the extent of what she can do to fuck with Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 121December 22, 2020 3:21 PM

We need fresh blood.

by Anonymousreply 122December 22, 2020 3:39 PM

She's a groundbreaker, she's tough, and Nancy knows how to work the system. Nancy is brilliant, but politicians sometimes have to do what's best for the country or their party and they have to start thinking about the future. Nancy can remain a powerful force, but she has to start thinking about who she'd want to take her place. It's better if she identifies someone to follow in her foot steps rather than waiting too long and allow circumstance OR emergency to dictate who will take over her role.

A lot of these politicians do the nation and their parties a disservice by staying in leadership roles into their 80s and 90s. Their offices, their positions keep them alive and active but remaining in office endlessly weakens our nation.

Senators Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi aren't going to live forever. For the sake of everyone, they should consider finding someone who can continue their legacy, while they still have a strong voice. They'll be respected and admired after they leave office and can maintain a role of mentor.

by Anonymousreply 123December 22, 2020 3:56 PM

Look, Nancy is very pragmatic. In her position she doesn't have the luxury of indulging her emotions. She has to really keep an eye on a million things at once. Mitch McConnell is a very wily, cunning adversary. He will sabotage and try a lot of underhanded shit. Nancy is someone who really understands how to maneuver, who has the ability to see around the corner, and who is really interested in making government work.

And do not for one minute think she will let things slide and overlook the bad shit. That's why she has committee chairmen. The problem you have is guys like Nadler who are too damned slow. He was a mess during the impeachment. Compare Nadler to Schiff. Also consider that guys like Schiff and others, have the luxury of going hard. Nancy is tough. Don't ever underestimate her. And she is smart as hell. I guess a lot of people resent women being effective politicians.

by Anonymousreply 124December 22, 2020 3:56 PM

R124, I don't resent her gender or her age. I resent her not outright coming for the 126 - and she absolutely could punish them for what they did. Who in the hell would hold it against her except the idiots who don't matter and only think the GOP is allowed to pull shit? You know damned well that if it were 126 Dems, a GOP SotH would fuck with them. She doesn't get enough done to justify not punishing these assholes.

by Anonymousreply 125December 22, 2020 4:03 PM

When I think of the past two GOP Speakers, Ryan and Boehner, they would verbally chastise the 126 but they would deal with personal sanctions discreetly. I think we need to really appreciate what the role and the function of the Speaker...or the Senate Majority Leader is. They are essentially wranglers. They have to put together the votes. They also have to work with, or oppose leadership...or even provide leadership in the absence of it. They absolutely have perks and rewards to pass out...and they can be distinctly uncooperative and hard assed about doing favors or helping members who need help. I worked for a member of Congress. The day to day operation of Congressional offices, hiring staff, administrative stuff, everything was up for grabs. Your life could be made miserable by leadership. And their staff. Nancy knows the system like no one else. And she knows how to work it. She doesn't shout and scream and grandstand. But she has press briefings. She speaks her mind. And believe me those 126 are already paying a price. She is probably making Mc Carthy's life very difficult right now.

by Anonymousreply 126December 22, 2020 7:43 PM

Youze wanna replace Nancy? Really? Like, wit who? Who do you got, that has the skills, the history, the experience, and the institutional knowledge and the ability to work the system like her? Who? I'll tell you. Nobody. Nada.

by Anonymousreply 127December 23, 2020 12:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!