Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The View — Part 24 A , Fall/Winter 2020, SEASON 24 $-walled!

And we continue on a parallel thread

by Anonymousreply 340April 10, 2021 1:15 PM

I like Joy, but I must agree. It's really, really weird to me. I would swear that when the lockdown began last spring, The View carried into remote production pretty well. When they returned this fall, it became hard to watch because of Joy talking over everyone. I don't dislike her the way I can't stand Meghan McCain because of her opinions and her hostility, but this setup has made Joy almost as frustrating as McCain because she never stops talking over people.

She's now 78 and her husband has had trouble with the camera and the mic. (She has noted that he is her cameraman at home.) I guess age is catching up to her now that she has to be her own producer.

But's it's not only Joy and it seems to be getting worse by the week. The delay is tripping up everyone on the show. Yesterday was one of those days that had constant pregnant pauses followed by three people talking at the same time and then abruptly stopping, waiting and then doing it again.

Why did it work better before than it is working now? I don't get that. And I haven't seen this much awkwardness on other TV shows.

by Anonymousreply 1December 11, 2020 10:37 AM

Very little of what Joy has to say is worth hearing anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2December 11, 2020 1:25 PM

They are so predictably boring in everything they say and they seem bored but don't know what to do with their lives.

by Anonymousreply 3December 11, 2020 4:57 PM

Sunny has been all, ok, whatever, never mind the past few days.

by Anonymousreply 4December 12, 2020 6:55 AM

Agree 100% about Joy. She can’t stop talking and her mumbling / sighing doesn’t help either.

by Anonymousreply 5December 12, 2020 7:04 AM

Scheduled guests for week of DEC. 14 - 18 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Dec. 14 – Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Dec. 15 – Day of Hot Topics

Wednesday, Dec. 16 – Greg Kinnear (“The Stand”)

Thursday, Dec. 17 – The Political View with Georgia Democratic Senate candidate Rev. Raphael Warnock

Friday, Dec. 18 – Viola Davis (“Ma Rainey's Black Bottom”); Grammy® Award-Winner Darlene Love and the sixth annual performance of “Christmas, Baby Please Come Home”

by Anonymousreply 6December 12, 2020 5:26 PM

I hope they do a segment with a sausage and a cake on Meghan's shoulders.

Brat on the twat,

Bundt on the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2020 1:38 AM

Tuned in for the first time in months... Has Joy stopped getting work done during quarantine? Sara Haines however still looks half her age.

by Anonymousreply 8December 14, 2020 3:07 PM

This popped up on YouTube from two years ago...kind of funny now. Andy says that Ana Navarro was rumored then to be a top contender to replace Sara Haines and asked McCain what she thinks about that, and she said "I got re-signed, and that's all I really care about."

Now Ana AND Sara are on the show, Meghan is not, and it's so much less awful to watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2020 7:41 AM

Whoopi chastised the mask less Christmas carolers protesting at a mall in California but didn't mention Kirk Cameron was the ring leader or his name. Guess that was out of some kind of loyalty to Candace.

by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2020 7:38 PM

The thought of Lib's mother returning gives me shudders...

by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2020 8:48 PM

Has anyone mentioned if/when Meghan will be returning? I enjoy the show a lot more without all of Meghan's teen-agey sneering and arguing.

Besides...even if she hates Biden's policies, does Meghan really want to attack a Biden-led administration daily? Her mom campaigned for Biden. Jill Biden convinced John McCain to ask Cindy out.

by Anonymousreply 12December 16, 2020 9:05 PM

Was today the last show of the year?

by Anonymousreply 13December 18, 2020 8:50 PM

You can bet Meghan voted for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 14December 18, 2020 8:59 PM

[quote]Jill Biden convinced John McCain to ask Cindy out

Wait, what? She convinced him to ask her out while he was still married to his first wife? All I've heard over these years is that McCain left his first wife while she was battling cancer for Cindy. And Jill Biden encouraged this?

Meghan might have a mother who campaigned for Biden, but she's married to a guy from The Federalist, a guy who she has proudly said over and over is her "ride or die".

by Anonymousreply 15December 18, 2020 9:37 PM

I can't believe this show is doing so well in the ratings. Watched it after a several month absence, and it's just so dreary.

Also this habit of not covering certain stories is getting ridiculous as well. They had nothing to say about the allegations concerning Andrew Cuomo? Or Biden's contentious meeting with civil rights leaders? Both were top news stories last weekend Sunny, who talks about race every day at the drop of a hat, suddenly doesn't have an opinion?

It used to be that they discussed everything, because they each had different opinions and takes on it. Hence why it was called THE VIEW. Now it seems if anything is remotely unflattering to a major democrat, they will ignore it. They've done it big time with Biden. Never did it to Obama or Hillary though.

And I'm a democrat too, but come on. You can't cherry pick the news. It's going to be real interesting to witness how they cover Biden's first few months. I'm already prepared Sunny to label any and all criticism of Kamala on "implicit bias".

by Anonymousreply 16December 18, 2020 10:15 PM

From a show that broadcasts from NYC, it's odd they never mention DiBlasio, the effect that defunding the police has had as crime particularly random senseless crime has risen dramatically, the homeless problem, Cuomo... They are all so predictable and boring in their programmed responses and for a show titled The View it has a very limited purview. And why do I suspect Sunny lives in a predominately white neighborhood like Whoopi who lives in a guard gated community in NJ.

by Anonymousreply 17December 18, 2020 11:13 PM

It is becoming predictable. They need to step it up and talk about different topics instead of just getting rid of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 18December 18, 2020 11:20 PM

It's stale becase of the remote format. They do NOT need to bring back McCain to scream like a banshee and make watching a miserable experience. They do need to find some way to shake up the format so it's not just Whoopi saying something followed by, "And Sunny? What do you think? And Joy? Do you agree? And Ana, do you have any thoughts on this? Sara, what about you? Well, this is what I think. We'll be right back."

by Anonymousreply 19December 18, 2020 11:28 PM

Do all the employees at ABC get two months Bereavement Leave and four months Maternity Leave or is John and Cindy's spoiled brat just extra special?

by Anonymousreply 20December 18, 2020 11:36 PM

R20 Hopefully that's part of her special severance package.

by Anonymousreply 21December 18, 2020 11:42 PM

[quote]It's stale becase of the remote format. They do NOT need to bring back McCain to scream like a banshee and make watching a miserable experience.

They need something to shake it up. Because even without Megan there, it sucks. McCain was a big problem, but she is obviously not the only problem.

And I agree that every single topic lately seems to be either about race or getting rid of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 22December 19, 2020 12:04 AM

Nearly every televison show that addressed news in any way has led with Trump since 2016. That's not specific to The View. He has absolutely commanded and driven all news and commentary shows. It's time for it to end.

I am glad for the ongoing discussions about racism. They're useful. Almost no discussion of Trump is useful any longer. It's just giving him attention he needs to survive.

by Anonymousreply 23December 19, 2020 12:11 AM

And we've had enough racism discussion poured down our throats. How about the hosts do what they do best - review new products and talk to Mario Cantone?

by Anonymousreply 24December 19, 2020 2:25 AM

I don't understand why this show is doing well in the ratings, either.

It is so BORING and I'm really sick of hearing them talk about Trump and his bullshit all of the time.

WTF are they gonna do when his fat ass finally leaves office?

by Anonymousreply 25December 19, 2020 2:31 AM

r24, isn't that The Talk, or The Yack, or The Chat, or the Chew, or the whatever OTHER shows?

The View is the most entertaining branch of ABC News.

by Anonymousreply 26December 19, 2020 3:10 AM

She's tweeting again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 19, 2020 12:44 PM

And Meghan is back on Monday the 4th LIVE.

Gag me.

by Anonymousreply 28December 30, 2020 6:15 PM

Nooooo R28

by Anonymousreply 29December 30, 2020 7:01 PM

Scheduled guests for the week of JAN. 4-8 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Jan. 4 - Co-host Meghan McCain returns from maternity leave after welcoming her first child, daughter Liberty Sage McCain Domenech, on Sept. 28; Day of Hot Topics

Tuesday, Jan. 5 - Dr. Sanjay Gupta (author, "Keep Sharp")

Wednesday, Jan. 6 - Ken Jeong (judge, "The Masked Singer")

Thursday, Jan. 7 - Lil Nas X (author, "C is for Country"); Ralph Macchio and William Zabka ("Cobra Kai")

Friday, Jan. 8 - Day of Hot Topics

by Anonymousreply 30January 4, 2021 1:32 AM

Won't be watching with the return of Meg. That's one 2021 resolution: break this lame addiction to this show. That woman is so hostile and vitriolic that she raises my blood pressure. Who needs that in their lives? She has an undergrad degree in art history and somehow this qualifies her to be an ABC News political soothsayer? Please.

by Anonymousreply 31January 4, 2021 9:05 AM

Lol, I've been purposely avoiding this show since September, but I tuned in for literally 10 seconds to see what was going on, with Meghan's big return.

In those 10 seconds, I heard Meghan say "we need to respect trump voters...".

I quickly changed the channel. No more for me, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 32January 4, 2021 3:35 PM

John McCain's daughter is now going to crusade for all women to have the same amount of maternity leave she had.

by Anonymousreply 33January 4, 2021 3:38 PM

Yes, R33, but not the same access to health care. So fucking weird.

by Anonymousreply 34January 4, 2021 3:42 PM

I agree, R32. That comment was just about enough to make any sane person gag.

by Anonymousreply 35January 4, 2021 3:47 PM

She's starting the ..."you have to respect the Trump voter" shit again. No we don't and I'm tired of all the 70 million voted for Trump. NO 70 million voted Republican. Not everyone one of them supported Trump himself. There are Republicans that will vote for a dead man before ever voting for a Democrat, some will never vote for a person of color or a woman. Trump was their only choice.

by Anonymousreply 36January 4, 2021 3:50 PM

Only took about three sentences to get to Dad.

by Anonymousreply 37January 4, 2021 3:51 PM

R36, I was so glad when Whoopi pushed back at her on that, saying that the 81 million who voted for Biden need to be respected also. She also said that people (in this context Trump supporters and those who make excuses for them like Meghan) want respect but never want to give it in return.

by Anonymousreply 38January 4, 2021 4:03 PM

I turned it on and got in a giggle about the stupid bright yellow fake ponytail that is a good three shades off from the (graying? dull?) bleached hair growing out of her scalp.

Then I turned it off. I can't bear her. I can't take a little time to enjoy The View when my ears are bleeding.

by Anonymousreply 39January 4, 2021 4:21 PM

Does her pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 40January 4, 2021 4:28 PM

R40 It smells like John McCain.

She keeps a tuft of his ear hair tucked in the folds.

by Anonymousreply 41January 4, 2021 4:31 PM

God I did NOT miss Mooghan when she was gone. Why did she have to come back?

by Anonymousreply 42January 4, 2021 5:32 PM

Whoopi: [asks question] Who wants to answer? Anyone?

Joy: [answers]

Meghan: [interrupts]

Joy: EXCUSE ME. I am talking.

Meghan: [prattles on]

Joy: I AM TALKING!!

Meghan: That's why you love having me back. You missed our fights.

Joy: I did NOT. I did NOT miss you.

Meghan: *gasps in Arizonan* Oh my God! That is so rude!

Joy: I WAS TALKING. I didn't miss you.

Meghan: That is so rude! Gasp!

by Anonymousreply 43January 5, 2021 3:37 PM

Such a bitch. Why did she have to come back???? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 44January 5, 2021 4:02 PM

R43, Meghan called Joy’s remark “nasty.” A dog whistle to the Deplorable. It’s a good thing Joy is sheltering.

by Anonymousreply 45January 5, 2021 4:09 PM

Meghan is a nasty cunt and I wish she had stayed on leave with her special looking baby.

by Anonymousreply 46January 5, 2021 4:11 PM

Then, a short while later, there was that awkward moment when Sara asked Meghan a question, but Meghan refused to answer. Meghan told Whoopi to go back to Sunny whom Meghan said was trying to say something.

Whoopi was PISSED; she doesn't like criticism of her moderation skills.

by Anonymousreply 47January 5, 2021 4:16 PM

She mentioned yesterday that she is living in DC now, or was zooming in from here, anyway. It made me feel sick. I have been so looking forward to the Trump trash being taken out this year.

This woman really is at the top of my list of most detested people.

by Anonymousreply 48January 5, 2021 4:17 PM

Such a cunt. Go Joy! We didn’t miss her, either.

by Anonymousreply 49January 5, 2021 4:27 PM

Meghan is congenitally incapable of not interrupting people. It's extremely annoying and, frankly, they should just cut her mic when others are speaking. But Joy also sucks at doing this remotely, seems to have no idea what's going on 90% of the time, and handled the whole thing really poorly. Joy's statement that Republicans have more infighting than Democrats right now was also rather dumb and Meghan easily could have refuted it if she'd just been mature enough to wait 10 fucking seconds.

by Anonymousreply 50January 5, 2021 5:34 PM

Joy needs to start shouting Reclaiming My Time, whenever Meghan cuts he off and talks over her.

by Anonymousreply 51January 5, 2021 5:54 PM

Joy has been disoriented during the virtual episodes, that's true. And more annoying to me than she has been in a long time (in a sad way because it seems age related).

But she's right about infighting among Democrats being "de rigeur." That is true. Meghan's whole time on The View, she has criticized the "circular firing squad" that is the Democratic party, as opposed to the blindly loyal Republicans who faithfully read hateful talking points without opposition.

So with that in mind, Joy should have been able to make her point. Yes, Democrats gun for one another, but 1) Republicans very rarely do; 2) they are doing it now; and 3) they are doing it over betrayal of the Constitution, law and civil order. Joy did get to say that there's now a party of sedition and a Republican party. Regardless of Meghan's predictable whataboutism, it's exceptional.

Also, let's not forget that before the 2016 election, pundits were saying that the Democrats would win in a "blue wave" and the Republican party was about to dissolve.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 5, 2021 5:59 PM

R51 Joy knew she was making a social media moment with "let me speak! Let me speak!" She is old but she is savvy and she knows the Internet hates Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 53January 5, 2021 6:00 PM

I love how Meghan was gushing about how motherhood changes you - but apparently not enough to stop from being a rude, Grade A cunt.

It has become her brand - but it's also conservative media training. The vast majority of Republicans on TV are like this - which means it was taught. No way are they all naturally this much of an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 54January 5, 2021 6:00 PM

Oh, they're all taught how to double talk and speak enough gibberish to tie any nonsense into knots and confound interviewers. I was really surprised that Laura Trump can emulate Kellyanne Conway flawlessly in interviews. It seems like a rare talent to do that but there's definitely a technique that media training can teach effectively. Act like a bulldog from the start, accuse the interviewer of unfair bias, when they challenge lies, accuse them of not letting you speak, yada yada. When you're a villain you have to start on the offense and keep the interviewer defensive until time runs out, packing in all the divisive keywords and making the journalist feel like they have to be "fair" by not appearing to dislike the Republican.

It's right out of Orwell. Before you tell lies, announce that everything you say is the truth, any opposition is lies, and when you get in a bind, announce that all truths are subjective, there is no truth, and bad people are doing bad things to the people who are listening and everything you say is secret knowledge that "they" don't want you to have.

by Anonymousreply 55January 5, 2021 6:16 PM

I watched the 1-6 episode on You Tube.

Meghan feels it is her job to nail down Elected Democrats on divisive issues.

So Warnock, how do you feel about packing the Supreme Court, admitting DC and PR as states, how bout, how bout??

Whattacunt.

by Anonymousreply 56January 6, 2021 6:21 PM

I won't watch it, but I am pretty sure Meghan McCain will say tomorrow, "I told you so. This is why you need to respect Trump voters. This is your fault for disrespecting them!"

by Anonymousreply 57January 6, 2021 9:40 PM

Yeah, she could say that, R57, but Disney would fire her immediately. She’d be terminated for downplaying the work of terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 58January 6, 2021 9:50 PM

LOL R58 she chastised one of the Parkland kids for using the F word when talking about his experience, and the day after the shooting, she promoted the NRA and her friend Dana Loesch. She is as free to say anything she wants to say as Donald Trump is. She is beyond reproach at ABC News for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 59January 6, 2021 9:54 PM

Mooghan’s return has not gone well. She’s so unprofessional. I’ve never seen any other co-host act like this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 60January 6, 2021 10:12 PM

And yet, everyone on here is watching The View and commenting on her. Isn't that the whole purpose of having ratings?

by Anonymousreply 61January 7, 2021 11:12 AM

Surprising announcement from Sunny that both her mother in law and father in law died of COVID over the holidays, MIL 12/28 and FIL 1/1 and they were both physicians.

by Anonymousreply 62January 8, 2021 5:24 PM

Scheduled guests for week of JAN. 11 - 15 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Jan. 11 – Ken Jennings (ABC’s “The Chase”; “Jeopardy!”)

Tuesday, Jan. 12 – Lil Nas X (author, “C is for Country”); Ralph Macchio and William Zabka (“Cobra Kai”)

Wednesday, Jan. 13 – James Comey (Author, “Saving Justice”)

Thursday, Jan. 14 – Rob Lowe (“9-1-1: Lone Star”); Dondré Whitfield (Author, “Male Vs. Man”)

Friday, Jan. 15 – George Lopez (“No Man’s Land”)

by Anonymousreply 63January 8, 2021 9:31 PM

I feel sorry for Lib Domenech.

by Anonymousreply 64January 8, 2021 10:22 PM

Me too, R64.

She's gonna be so fat.

by Anonymousreply 65January 8, 2021 10:29 PM

Is today the first Friday that has Domenech, Ana and Sara on at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 66January 22, 2021 7:19 PM

Scheduled guests for week of JAN. 25 - 29 are as follows (subject to change):

Monday, Jan. 25 – Day of Hot Topics

Tuesday, Jan. 26 – Wendy Williams (“Wendy Williams: What a Mess!”)

Wednesday, Jan. 27 — Kyra Sedgwick (ABC’s “Call Your Mother”)

Thursday, Jan. 28 — Bevy Smith (Author, “Bevelations”)

Friday, Jan. 29 — Keegan-Michael Key (Podcast, “The History of Sketch Comedy”)

by Anonymousreply 67January 23, 2021 5:52 PM

They should ask Wendy Williams why her family is such a mess and why she lied about her mother’s passing.

by Anonymousreply 68January 23, 2021 6:25 PM

Who is the resident View staffer/publicist who dutifully posts the show's schedule every single week?

Dutiful staffer, you need to explain to us why the producers decided to murder the show with trashpig mccain.

by Anonymousreply 69January 23, 2021 6:59 PM

r69. go ask ABC

by Anonymousreply 70January 23, 2021 7:07 PM

I actually have, R70, and no one has ever responded.

I also asked the AP reporter who wrote this PR fluff piece on McCain if the AP is for hire as a publicity agency given the nature of that story and he said no and insisted it represents objective journalism and not a promotion. So there you have it. Read it and let me know if you agree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 23, 2021 7:13 PM

Actually, r69, I post the schedule every week believing I am being helpful to fellow DLers.

My posting history should confirm I am NOT PR or a View staffer, LOL.

If my fellow DLers prefer I not post the schedule, just say so.

by Anonymousreply 72January 23, 2021 7:15 PM

R72 I don't mind or care if you post the schedule (or anything as long as it's not hateful), but it very much seems like something a staffer would do every week, like the nightly posting of the POTUS schedule.

by Anonymousreply 73January 23, 2021 7:18 PM

The posting of the weekly scheduled guests is hereby "CANCELLED".

You contacted ABC because I post the schedule? WTF! How hard is it to look at someone's posting history and determine who they are. No one responded from ABC because you are insane.

by Anonymousreply 74January 23, 2021 8:04 PM

R74 lol no, silly; I have contacted ABC several times, as well as producers Brian Teta and former producer Candi Carter, to tell them to get rid of McCain. Instead, they got rid of me. I stopped watching this year when she came back.

by Anonymousreply 75January 23, 2021 8:07 PM

R72, I like that you post it on ALL The View threads.

It is greatly appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 76January 23, 2021 8:30 PM

Of course, that sour bitch Me-Again had to mention the Bidens not wearing masks at some event, essentially calling them hypocrites. WTF masks had to do with whatever the panel had been discussing, who the fuck knows.

How about she calls out that fat orange bastard ignoring the severity of Covid? Talk about being a hypocrite. Send that slob back to Faux News!

That fat bitch will take any opportunity to trash The Bidens.

When is that mound of useless flesh going to be fired?

by Anonymousreply 77January 23, 2021 10:21 PM

[quote]Megs to Covid Anal swabs: Nope

Megs, not what Ben calls "an anal swab", but a real anal swabbing.

@WhoopiGoldberg @sunny @JoyVBehar @sarahaines @ananavarro

I didn't want Meggers to block me on Twitter.

Please feel free to post for me.

by Anonymousreply 78January 27, 2021 4:16 PM

Love how Meghan did a patented pivot when discussing the refusal of Nikki Haley and the treasonous majority of Republicans in Congress to hold Trump accountable--expressing disappointment but focusing on the political mistake she thinks they're making. Meg, if you love the Constitution as much as you say you do, there is nothing to say but SHAME ON THEM for fanning the flames of an attempted coup in the weeks and months (and years) leading up to January 6th, 2021.

by Anonymousreply 79January 28, 2021 12:08 AM

But Katie Couric~

by Anonymousreply 80January 28, 2021 2:08 PM

Meghan won’t shut up about donating her masks when they first said they weren’t effective last year. She shrieks that’s she was ‘lied to’ and doesn’t understand how new evidence can change what we think we now about this virus.

by Anonymousreply 81January 28, 2021 2:19 PM

I'm actually with Meghan on this one. Even at the time I thought it was obvious we were being lied to. Common sense will tell you that covering your nose and mouth will slow the spread of an airborne virus (that's why doctors and nurses have worn them for years) and the reasons we were being given to not wear them ("you'll touch your face!") were absurd. Then there was the guidance about N95s. "You have to be specially fitted!" "You have to be trained to wear them!" Seriously? You put the mask over your face and the bands behind your head. It's not fucking rocket science. Literally everyone I know in California has an N95 in their earthquake/wildfire survival kit and none of them have been "fitted" or "trained" for these masks. Lying to avoid a shortage of masks seriously undermined the CDC's credibility for future guidance. Over the summer I talked to a friend who was certain he was immune because he'd tested positive for antibodies. When I said scientists weren't sure what antibodies meant yet his immediate response was "these are the same people who told us not to wear masks."

by Anonymousreply 82January 29, 2021 12:03 AM

Meghan is such a twat complaining about Kerry using a private jet.

Firstly, The Hunchbacked Cunt does not remember that Kerry is married to a billionaire and reports all his transportation as required by law. Unlike Trump who used Air Force 1 like a golf caddy.

Secondly, is Kerry supposed to use one of T****'s coal-fired planes?

Again, the Hunchbacked Cunt strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 83January 29, 2021 12:38 AM

The show is so tired and stale

by Anonymousreply 84January 29, 2021 12:40 AM

It is freash and fierce. It will be better when they return to the studio, though.

Their ratings have soared.

by Anonymousreply 85January 29, 2021 12:41 AM

Moo-Gain is so damn GRATING. Her voice literally hurts my years. She's so unpleasant.

Hope her contract is not renewed.

by Anonymousreply 86January 29, 2021 12:53 AM

McCain has been on since 2017. ABC is not going to fire her for what she says. She has said too many offensive things and has had too much backlash with no consequences for anything to change now.

Twitter and YouTube comments show that a hell of a lot of people think she benefits from nepotism and network favoritism. It's also not lost on me that over 25 years, every single one of the cohosts has been made to apologize on air for potentially offensive comments they've made with one single exception.

McCain's whole role seems to be to offend, and the network loves her.

At this point, in my mind, she's ABC News's answer to Chuck Todd. Todd is NBC's political director and he has his own shows on NBC and MSNBC. He studied music at George Washington University before dropping out. He has no college degree, and he is in charge of political coverage for two networks. At least one day a week, he says outlandish and ignorant things that end up trending on Twitter with people asking why he is in his position--and yet he seems to be prized by execs NBC.

Meghan McCain is the daughter of a renowned senator and heiress to an alcohol distribution fortune. She has an undergraduate degree in art history and was made a political analyst by ABC News on the grounds that her father was a politician. At least once a month, she is trending on Twitter for saying something offensive and ignorant. Her job appears to be to read GOP-issued talking points off index cards and rather than debating, becoming emotionally volatile and screaming at her cohosts, talking over them, or else talking about her dead father and crying on air.

My only question is why doesn't CBS have a dance school dropout in charge of its political coverage? I'm sure Madonna would do it if they'd just ask.

by Anonymousreply 87January 29, 2021 8:57 AM

^What's interesting about that, R87, is that you'd think in most cases the person would be in on it and help the controversy along. You see it happen with those people who say shocking things and seem to get pushed to be more and more outrageous until they overstep the line and the company suddenly pretends they had nothing to do with it, leaving the person out to dry.

Meghan seems to just seriously be the type of person who says the things she says, and the company are just rubbing their hands with glee over how much coverage she gets them.

by Anonymousreply 88January 29, 2021 9:07 AM

Yes, R88, see the AP story I posted above at R71. It is unabashed publicity for Meghan McCain on behalf of ABC News via the AP. It really turned me off that the AP would do something like that and so I have remembered it. It's not subtle at all. The writer heaps flattery on McCain and makes her sound like a bold and noble defender of right-wing virtues against an angry mob of liberal cohosts, every quote in the article gushes about her. And it came at the end of her first season, which had viewers calling for her to be fired the entire season. And as bad as people say she is now, she was behaviorally much worse then than she is now. She threw tantrums, screamed and cried regularly and that was something we had never seen from a supposedly professional TV host. ABC boasted that year about a slight ratings boost and the show prodicer Brian Teta credited McCain.

The tell-all book Ladies Who Punch states that every cohost plays a role for the show, and the producers expect most of them to fill their designated slots. Elisabeth Hasselbeck was coached on what to say and sometimes given language verbatim to say on air, which eventually resulted in some head butting as she wanted to speak more for herself and not to be a mouthpiece for a producer. Her own views, according to the book, weren't more conservative than what she was being told to say, just different. Then Jedediah Bila was punished for having libertarian ideas that diverted from the Republican party because she was hired to represent Republican views, and on this show that doesn't mean that she is a Republican and says what she feels, but that she literally was expected to speak words issued by the GOP.

We can see that Joy was assigned the Democratic version of this after she left and came back. Her earlier role on the show was "the comedian," and all her comments were attempted one-liners. Since before Trump, she has been the DNC spokesperson, and it's not ambiguous. We can see how the women are all filling roles on the show when Joy substitutes for Whoopi as moderator on Fridays, and her normally interruptive personality gives way to a more tempered and moderate facilitator.

Lots of people here have complained that Sunny has changed from her old self to pushing diversity-related concerns, and I would bet that the producers sort of rewrote her role in recent years with the mainstream advent of BLM and racial issues to be the show's representative of black and Latino people, and so she has dutifully taken on that role and it has subsumed her former role on the show as a moderate Catholic Latina.

We only see these women on TV for an hour a day, and most people don't realize that this is their full-time job. They don't just sit around and gab about their feelings for an hour and cash checksd for it. They attend meetings every day to plan out what they will say and in what order. Producers tell them what opinions should be covered on air to represent what they believe will resonate with viewers' opinions and/or arouse viewers to get talking about the show. They all have distinct assigned roles that may not be 100 percent compatible with their personal interests, opinions and values. Jedediah Bila, Nicolle Wallace, Jenny McCarthy, Rosie O'Donnell and others all were reprimanded for being too much themselves on the show and lost their jobs because of it. (Bila, ironically, was too liberal for her role on The View, was fired, and now is a fully Stepford Fox News drone with an entirely different personality and entirely alt-right on-air persona, despite all her prior claims that she is libertarian and not a Republican spokesperson or even a member of the Republican party.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 29, 2021 9:39 AM

[quote] I post the schedule every week believing I am being helpful to fellow DLers.

You are. It's nice to see if someone I like is going to be on, so I can be sure to watch it

by Anonymousreply 90January 29, 2021 9:39 AM

It's a shame what happened to Jed (ie Fox News Stepford Wife)... I kinda liked her on The View, even though we have different views. There was something kind of endearing about how she would dance out every morning as though it was her own show. And she didn't feel she had to disagree with everyone else all the time on every topic, à la McCain. She looked genuinely happy to be there, and I remember her talking about getting fired not long afterwards and she seemed really sad about it.

by Anonymousreply 91January 29, 2021 9:44 AM

Hillary got Jed fired from The view.

by Anonymousreply 92January 29, 2021 3:18 PM

Why can't we replace Meghan with Ana? Listebingnto her bullshit anti abortion rhetoric made me want to punch my tv.

by Anonymousreply 93January 29, 2021 3:59 PM

So…what's the lineup for next week?

by Anonymousreply 94January 30, 2021 2:53 PM

The View Guests for the Week of February 1-5:

Monday, February 1 Anthony Anderson ( “Black-ish”)

Tuesday, February 2 Dr. Ibram X. Kendi (“Four Hundred Souls”)

Wednesday, February 3 Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, February 4 Brandy (“B7”)

Friday, February 5 Van Jones (“The Reunited States”)

by Laughing Place DISNEY Newsdesk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 30, 2021 4:05 PM

Moo pitched a hissy fit and huffed off on Friday with the sound of Joy’s sneering laughter ringing in her fat ears.

She’s so damn ugly, too. She looks like John McCain with perixided clip in hair extensions.

by Anonymousreply 96January 30, 2021 5:18 PM

I think fat moo is doing her own hair. She looks hideous, but she lost the baby weight

by Anonymousreply 97January 30, 2021 9:58 PM

For the first few seconds of the show, Meghan has her ACTIVE bitch face on.

by Anonymousreply 98February 8, 2021 5:04 PM

R96 Is that when Meghan said she could hear Joy laughing? I was in fits of laughter as Joy said she wasn't laughing at Meghan... while she laughed at Meghan. It was perfect.

by Anonymousreply 99February 8, 2021 5:08 PM

So good to see that Whoopi has stopped smoking weed BEFORE the show.

by Anonymousreply 100February 8, 2021 5:08 PM

One of Meghan's favorite things to do is act insulted at Joy's laughing; Joy has said Meghan, you have no sense of humor

off a remark Joy made that MM took SUCH offense at, Joy simply said: Meghan, it's called hyperbole...

So sick of Meghan saying she's the only republican people see. No. You don't know that.

I'm stealing this from an old post, but someone said they wish Joy would say to her after she really steps in it some time: "Meghan, I think your father would be so disappointed in you."

She'd explode.

by Anonymousreply 101February 8, 2021 5:11 PM

I love that Meghan seems to get worked up just by Joys existence. She says she loves Joy but I think she hates her, a working class woman who worked her way up goes against everything she was raised to believe, and then that person dare to be a democrat. The fact that Joy smiles and waves as Meghan blows a fuse is pure joy (no pun intended) for me.

by Anonymousreply 102February 8, 2021 5:16 PM

Oh, no, Meghan is going TRIBAL again.

Meghan is so sad that there is no place for her in the QOP.

SADZ

by Anonymousreply 103February 8, 2021 5:18 PM

Funny how everyone avoided the TRANNY problem Gervais has.

by Anonymousreply 104February 8, 2021 5:51 PM

I told Meghan on Twitter that her GOP loyalty over morality and ethics is a disappointment to her father's memory and she blocked me.

by Anonymousreply 105February 8, 2021 7:14 PM

I think her Husbear Ben has blocked me on a half dozen accounts.

Cunt and Cuntette.

by Anonymousreply 106February 8, 2021 8:00 PM

Boy, this Britney conversation is a lot of talking about of both sides of their mouths. "Britney was a victim of the media…but let's all sit here and talk about her despite having zero first hand knowledge of her situation." "Britney is capable of making her own decisions….but she was made into a sex object against her will." "We were so wrong to see that shaved head photo and wonder what was wrong with Britney…but she was clearly in the middle of postpartum depression at the time."

by Anonymousreply 107February 9, 2021 3:25 PM

I'm not watching it right now but let me guess that Whoopi said a whole lot of nothing but with a tone as if she had just imparted some great wisdom?

by Anonymousreply 108February 9, 2021 3:27 PM

Whoopi didn't even watch the documentary, so she didn't have much to add. Her one contribution was to blame Britney's parents who "could have pulled the plug at any time before she turned 18"...even though Britney didn't become famous until she was 17. Later, she ended the interview with Priyanka Chopra Jonas by calling her Priyanka Chopra Jones. Then she was caught off camera saying "tell her to go to someone else" before awkwardly appearing on camera to ask Frank Lebowitz a question. She then ended that segment by saying everyone should watch Pretend It's a City because she *hears* it's fantastic. So apparently preparation isn't really Whoopi's strong suit.

by Anonymousreply 109February 9, 2021 4:13 PM

Meghan, the Frau Nuveau, picked Briteny as a Hot Topic. What a waste of time.

Funny how Whoopi could not care less. Like most of us.

by Anonymousreply 110February 9, 2021 4:17 PM

I actually found Sunny's take on Britney the most troubling. She said the documentary gave her a "whole new perspective" on Britney's situation. Nevermind that Britney's case has gone before a judge multiple times and that after talking to witnessing and reviewing evidence, the judge has repeatedly ruled to keep the conservatorship in place. I find it ridiculous that, as a lawyer, Sunny is now questioning that determination based on speculation by fans who don't actually know Britney and who are literally seeing hidden messages in her instagram posts as cries for help.

by Anonymousreply 111February 9, 2021 4:17 PM

You can tell nobody liked the subject and simply gave bla-bla-bla answers.

On the impeachment, Meghan always goes for the Democratic dig and says impeachment tends to blow-back on the initiating party. She is going back to the Clinton blow job. Overthrowing the government is a bit different. She is wearing her dumb-blonde hair today, very well.

by Anonymousreply 112February 9, 2021 4:22 PM

Did you guys watch the New York Times documentary? It is disturbing and it does raise questions (posited by journalists and attorneys) about the California courts' decisions to take all of Britney's self-sovereign rights from her.

The documentary raises questions of whether conservatorship, which was created specifically to give power over a person's being or finances to another party ONLY when the person in question is physically or mentally incapacitated, can be abused.

Conservatorship almost always is assigned when a person is elderly and can't care for themself or has brain damage or otherwise cannot function.

Britney works hard on tours, at a Vegas residency, ib studios, recording commerciala, etc., showing she is neither physically nor mentally disabled. She can work and she does so reliably. And she has not even asked to stop being under conservatorship, only to take that power from her formerly esteaged father and to give it to a bank instead. Her father was an addict who was not close to her until he was given custody of her. He has worked her business deals so that he personally profits from her work in addition to managing her finances, and he presented a business proposal stating that the conservatorship should be thought of as a profitable hybrid business model. So there are lots of serious questions on the table.

Do watch the documentary before deciding the court has done whar is best.

She is desperately looking for a way out of her father's control. Her mother finally got involved and sided with Britney and a court awarded the conservatorship to Britney's sister recently, but her father refuses to abide by the ruling and continues to manage her life. It seems seriously fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 113February 9, 2021 4:36 PM

Meghan always says she's "looking at the politics" of things. Sometimes that makes sense, like right before an election. But it doesn't really make sense here and just seems like way to shoehorn in a criticism of Democrats. If she was actually interested in the politics of this, it would be more interesting to discuss the repercussions for Republicans who will be going on the record with their approval of an incitement to insurrection. She's already said she doesn't think the "big tent" approach will work for the party, so how does she see this helping them? Especially when she's acknowledged how many people dropped their party affiliation after January 6. Also, I cracked up when Fran Lebowitz referred to the "Trump cult." Meghan spent several days ranting about Katie Couric daring to refer to Republicans as a cult for exactly the same blind loyalty to Trump, but just sat there with a forced grin when Fran said it.

by Anonymousreply 114February 9, 2021 4:36 PM

Cue Meghan in 10,9,8, that Prianky's dad died of cancah!

by Anonymousreply 115February 9, 2021 4:40 PM

Meghan on cancer: My father died from brain cancer and so everyone should be fighting cancer!

Meghan on maternity leave: I just had a baby and ABC gave me eight weeks off and so every woman should have eight weeks off and should tell their employers that they want what Meghan McCain got. (She actually said this on the air, almost verbatim.)

Meghan on literally any other topic: [Reads GOP-issued talking points from blue index cards.]

by Anonymousreply 116February 9, 2021 4:49 PM

I did watch the documentary. But the documentary doesn't actually interview Britney, so it's just a bunch of strangers speculating about her circumstances. That's not enough to convince me that the conservatorship t isn't warranted. Much was also made of Britney's "secret cries for help" via Instagram. But, as we've seen with pizzagate and QAnon, people will see messages where they want to even if there's nothing there. Frankly, the fact that Britney has access to Instagram but has not used it to to make any kind of public statement about the situation is more telling than anything else. As for the fact that she still performs and works hard, that's great--but it doesn't speak to her mental or emotional state or her ability to be in charge of her finances. Child performers (including Britney when she was younger) are capable of performing and working hard, but it doesn't mean they have the capacity to be responsible for handling millions of dollars. I'm sure Britney doesn't get along with her dad, but who would get along with someone who was in charge of their finances? The fact that, after hearing Britney's side, the judge has not removed her dad as conservator indicates to me that her dad hasn't done anything wrong.

by Anonymousreply 117February 9, 2021 4:50 PM

Fuck this show. The amount of commercials is just way too over the top. Whoopi asks a question, gets a 30 second answer from one of the panelists and says "we'll be right back." I've never seen anything so obnoxious. I had to turn it off today.

by Anonymousreply 118February 9, 2021 4:56 PM

[quote] Whoopi asks a question, gets a 30 second answer from one of the panelists and says "we'll be right back." I've never seen anything so obnoxious. I had to turn it off today.

You've never seen their 'View the Deal' segments, have you? (Hint: It's a very long commercial disguised as part of the show that takes up five to 10 minutes of at least half the episodes.)

Also, maybe it's less obnoxious seeming, but The View sells off as many segments as it can to sponsors for product promotions. Every book that is discussed is a product placement. When they have guest hosts who just authored a book? You're watching an episode-long commercial that is purchased. The View by and large is a series of sales pitches, some obvious and some less so. Those Netflix shows Whoopi or someone else raves about? That's paid advertising.

by Anonymousreply 119February 9, 2021 5:06 PM

R119 When Whoopi started going on about Cobra Kai I was dying, there is not a chance Whoopi has seen an episode of that show.

by Anonymousreply 120February 9, 2021 5:09 PM

Oh and I think Cobra Kai is exactly the kind of lowbrow entertainment Whoopi probably enjoys.

by Anonymousreply 121February 9, 2021 6:23 PM

[quote] Meghan spent several days ranting about Katie Couric daring to refer to Republicans as a cult for exactly the same blind loyalty to Trump, but just sat there with a forced grin when Fran said it.

This surprises me not at all. Meghan is a typical bully - when faced with someone like Fran who could obliterate her in three words she wouldn't dare go after her. The worst type of person to be engaged in conversations with people like McCain is the person who wants to be agreeable. Thankfully Fran is one of those people who has no fucks to give. Her making Spike Lee flounder in Pretend it's a City without breaking a sweat and smiling the whole time was fascinating to see. Would've loved to see her do that with Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 122February 9, 2021 6:39 PM

When Whoopi's not taking bong hits, she's pooping or eating. She has no time for Netflix. She's probably like my mom and doesn't know how to watch Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 123February 9, 2021 7:04 PM

Joy was on fire on Twitter for the Trial.

by Anonymousreply 124February 9, 2021 10:25 PM

Whoopi farts alot. The blonde one is glad to be away from her.

by Anonymousreply 125February 10, 2021 4:16 AM

WTF is with Meghan's Cauca-Puffs?

by Anonymousreply 126February 10, 2021 3:47 PM

Meghan is not a good bobble head.

by Anonymousreply 127February 10, 2021 8:08 PM

The bad thing was that her hair was more entertaining than her insipid opinions, today.

by Anonymousreply 128February 11, 2021 3:43 AM

Here's how I would rank the current cast:

1. Ana -- Funny, quick-witted, talented with her sassy, rhythmic takedowns of bad people, and seemingly decent and not a party loyalist.

2. Sunny -- Reliably reasonable, and I may be one of few here who appreciates her advocacy for civil rights. Mainly, I like that she is a smart, articulate woman who generally acts like a professional journalist and not a sideshow act.

3. Joy -- I like Joy most on Fridays when she moderates in place of Whoopi and seems a little more reasonable than she does in her usual daily role. I agree with everything she says but I dislike that she has become a Meghan McCain of the left, as a Democratic party huckster and also picking up the bad habit of talking over people and out of turn. She used to be a more professional TV presence.

4. Sara -- Sorry, Sara, but I do hold it against you that you're married to a Trumpster with a trash soul, evidenced by his tweets. He seems like a patently bad guy, and I can't reconcile the difference between your words and your chosen life partner. Good dick doesn't justify being married to an American Nazi supporter. Still, points for being reasonable on air.

5. Whoopi -- I actually like Whoopi. I have always admired her acting and I think she's very reasonable. I like that she understands human minds and behaviors are more complex than left or right alignment and that she's almost always willing to debate anyone respectfully. She's at the bottom for reasons other than her opinions and her personality. She's embarrassingly sloppy as a moderator. I know she has poor vision and I feel bad about that, but why is she in the position of being the one to read a TelePrompTer she can't see well? She rambles and sometimes makes little sense. She is laissez faire, appearing sometimes not to take her job seriously. And she has been way too supportive of the nightmare that is Meghan McCain.

6. Meghan McCain -- A human trash bag with blonde extensions and false eyelashes. She's nothing but a shill for the Republican party and she delivers every talking point with the attitude of a spoiled child. Over the few years she has been on the show, she has single-handedly made me question and ultimately completely distrust ABC News. I don't even consider any reporting that comes from the network that employs Meghan McCain, not out of spite but because they chose this unqualified, unprofessional person to be a political analyst for their network because of her inheritance. There's no excuse for her being on television. She has undone the legacy of the show and of ABC News.

by Anonymousreply 129February 11, 2021 8:04 AM

Where has everyone heard all this stuff about Sara's husband? I'm looking at his Twitter and while he seems to dislike the woke brigade, he also seems anti-Trump and pro-impeachment. Also, he's Jewish, so I kinda doubt he's a nazi.

by Anonymousreply 130February 11, 2021 1:21 PM

R130 Keep scrolling to older tweets. He has defended Trump and Trump-supporting Republicans a hell of a lot, mocked a lot of liberal people in a typical alt-right trolling manner, and he has liked a lot of extreme right-wing posts. He has been against impeachment and consistently has criticized Democrats for criticizing Trump over the past four years. Unless he deleted those old posts, they should be self-evident on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 131February 11, 2021 1:56 PM

The things Sara has mentioned on The View about how her husband speaks to her have also made me raise an eyebrow too. She says it in all innocence, but he sounds rather patronising and controlling of her thoughts too.

by Anonymousreply 132February 11, 2021 6:26 PM

And again Meggy brings up the false equivalency of protests that were taken over by Trump thugs last summer.

Meggy, even the thugs did not advocate for the revocation of an election and installation of a permanent dictator.

All violence isn't the same.

But at least she got rid of the hideous hair.

by Anonymousreply 133February 11, 2021 7:43 PM

Meghan went after Neera Tanden, after she restated her "cred" as a political analyst (vomit emoji), and was so critical of trolls online...

THIS IS WHY GAY MEN USE THE WORD CUNT ALL THE TIME.

Whaddacunt

by Anonymousreply 134February 11, 2021 7:50 PM

R129 We get it. You're a Sunny fangurl and you hate Meghan. For the millionth time, we get it.

by Anonymousreply 135February 11, 2021 8:17 PM

Meghan is pretty. Her style is more appropriate for going to a night club, than on daytime tv. Her makeup is too heavy and today she had sparkly eyeshadow with the heavy lashes. It looked like her eyelids were weighed down and uncomfortable. She kept blinking a lot, trying to keep her eyes open. When she tones down the makeup and has simpler hair, she looks much better. Not a fan of her, though...but she does have a pretty face without all the goop. I agree that someone must have told her to tone down her aggressive behavior.

by Anonymousreply 136February 11, 2021 8:58 PM

Anyone notice how on Wednesday's show Meghan effectively stated that Republican politicians have no ethics? Love it. Then of course she twisted herself into a pretzel to dredge up some "both sides" bullshit and pity herself for being the lone conservative on the show.

Sorry Meghan, YOUR PARTY put Donald Trump in power and kept him there by tacitly or openly supporting his lying, treasonous behavior for four long years. Period.

by Anonymousreply 137February 11, 2021 10:37 PM

Here's the thing. It's about time we stand up and say HEY, you need to list to us, because we have a voice. But We won't know until we know, and it is what it is. And that's all I have to say.

We'll be right back.

by Anonymousreply 138February 11, 2021 10:50 PM

Looking forward to a Whoopi Free Friday.

by Anonymousreply 139February 12, 2021 6:25 AM

Is ABC having Meghan audition for Titania, in A Midsummer Night's Dream? WTF.

The ladies needed better material than Dana Owens today.

by Anonymousreply 140February 12, 2021 6:56 PM

Meghan’s hair and makeup is always spot on. LOLOLOLOLOL Isn’t she in her mid 30’s? Why the teen makeup?

by Anonymousreply 141February 12, 2021 7:20 PM

As someone said above (and I hate to say this because I can't stand the cow, but) she's actually really nice looking when she doesn't do herself up like she is on television. I've seen some casual photos of her (jeans and leather jacket type shots, minimal makeup) where she looks really nice, not just pretty but friendly even. The View is really not a good fit for her.

by Anonymousreply 142February 12, 2021 7:23 PM

I think the makeup looks fine on Meghan. But it makes no sense for when she's on air as an employee of ABC News and attempting to convey that she's a serious political commentator. She should save it for when she's out with her friends.

by Anonymousreply 143February 12, 2021 7:46 PM

Does anyone notice how much Meghan says "paradigm"?

by Anonymousreply 144February 12, 2021 8:01 PM

Now that she's been booted off This Week with George, she can look as silly as she wants.

by Anonymousreply 145February 12, 2021 8:44 PM

She looked like Shady Godiva today...

by Anonymousreply 146February 13, 2021 12:05 AM

It's the female repub look. The heavy handed makeup, especially the eyes with all the black and the over processed blonde hair that looks fried, long of course..parted down the middle. It's a hard and agressive look for women. They look mean like that party has become. It sort of looks militarized.

by Anonymousreply 147February 13, 2021 7:14 AM

Moogan has weaponized makeup?

by Anonymousreply 148February 13, 2021 2:25 PM

And will someone tell da bitch that she is a pundit not an analyst?

by Anonymousreply 149February 13, 2021 10:25 PM

I’d maybe appreciate Meaghan and her politics a bit more if she could actually coherently defend her talking points. But all she does is deflect and play whataboutism. And I’ve said it before, if you play whataboutism, then it means you excuse and accept the shitty behaviour by mentioning how the other side did it too. So, Meaghan, does that mean it’s alright?

by Anonymousreply 150February 13, 2021 10:33 PM

She is a sock puppet for her husbear.

by Anonymousreply 151February 13, 2021 10:33 PM

Joy has been the only View Host to post up a storm during the trial.

Be like Joy.

by Anonymousreply 152February 14, 2021 2:24 AM

Meghan does the whataboutism thing, but nearly as much as Abby "both sides" Huntsman did. i definitely do not miss her and her false equivalencies. Meghan sometimes makes good points, but she also undermines those points with her immaturity and by taking every negative comment about conservatives to an absurdly personal level.

by Anonymousreply 153February 14, 2021 4:58 AM

Abby was so dumb, sometimes the camera would just pause on her face and it was so hilarious, she had no idea what anyone was talking about.

by Anonymousreply 154February 14, 2021 5:12 AM

Given the second impeachment verdict, it's time for The View producers to do their standard thing and fire Ana and Sunny and replace them with one of Mitch McConnell's kids and Tomi Lehren.

by Anonymousreply 155February 14, 2021 5:42 AM

Abby's father needs to be subpoenaed as to his being Trump's Ambassador to Putin.

by Anonymousreply 156February 14, 2021 7:00 AM

What is Abby doing since daddy lost the race for UT Governor?

Is she a stay at home Utah trust fund Mormon mommie?

Did she use her dad's race to get the hell away from The View table?

by Anonymousreply 157February 15, 2021 4:36 AM

Abby must’ve run a great campaign for daddy. Oh wait. He lost.

by Anonymousreply 158February 15, 2021 7:14 AM

The View Guests for the Week of February 15-19:

MONDAY, February 15

.....The View honors Presidents’ Day

.....Ashley Vanderbilt (Former QAnon Believer)

.....Josh Groban (Harmony Deluxe)

.....Sherri Shepherd (Call Your Mother; Two Funny Mamas)

TUESDAY, February 16

.....Rep. Stacey Plaskett (House Impeachment Manager)

.....Dr. Henry Louis Gates Jr. (The Black Church)

WEDNESDAY, February 17

.....Dondré Whitfield (Male Vs. Man)

THURSDAY, February 18

.....Laverne Cox (The Laverne Cox Show)

FRIDAY, February 19

.....Day of Hot Topics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159February 15, 2021 7:22 AM

Sherri Shepherd, sweet baby Jesus...NO!!!

by Anonymousreply 160February 15, 2021 1:52 PM

Sherri " the earth is flat" Shepherd?

by Anonymousreply 161February 15, 2021 2:01 PM

Y'all think I'm dumb. Laugh it up. I ain't fallen off the edge yet.

by Anonymousreply 162February 15, 2021 2:34 PM

Sherri lost weight.

by Anonymousreply 163February 15, 2021 3:46 PM

That ass licking they gave Biden as the beginning was completely over the top.

He was put into office because he wasn't Trump. Acting like he's Mohammad Ghandi.

by Anonymousreply 164February 15, 2021 3:49 PM

Sherri- go the fuck away!!!!

by Anonymousreply 165February 15, 2021 3:51 PM

Smoozy "love" fest...gag..

by Anonymousreply 166February 15, 2021 3:54 PM

*schmoozy...^^

by Anonymousreply 167February 15, 2021 3:55 PM

Yeah Sherri, the world’s still flat. Stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 168February 15, 2021 4:06 PM

If this is what the show is going to be like now, then watch ratings plummet.

That was about as entertaining as a rectal exam.

I'll stick with The Talk which does this type of entertainment much, much better.

by Anonymousreply 169February 15, 2021 4:12 PM

I LOVED the Valentine that The View sent to President Biden today.

He is truly the People's President.

Thank you, ABC (and killing Meghan's mike was delicious).

Also, today was pre-recorded from last Thursday. It had to be noncontroversial to make the weekend.

r169, please stick with The Talk and start a thread where you can post without rectal intrusion.

by Anonymousreply 170February 16, 2021 12:53 AM

I didn't see Sherri on this most recent episode, but I remember the last time she was on she spent the whole time rolling her eyes at Meghan and saying: "Girl, you don't have to take this all so seriously", and because of this later on Meghan attacked Sherri on Twitter over something. I never thought I'd say this, but: I like that Sherri.

by Anonymousreply 171February 16, 2021 9:07 AM

Sherri’s a nutjob. Dumb as dirt.

by Anonymousreply 172February 16, 2021 10:23 AM

So another story about Andy Cuomo that they're not to going to cover. Quelle suprise!

R170 It's funny to watch Sunny kiss Biden's ass in recent days, when she had accused him in the past of having "racial blind spots" and not respecting women's boundaries. What a difference making Kamala Harris as VP makes!

by Anonymousreply 173February 16, 2021 3:13 PM

So funny to see Meghan support a decayed and shrinking party.

She needs to STFU over abortion as a rich white woman of privilege. Her arguments are laughable.

by Anonymousreply 174February 16, 2021 8:22 PM

Meghan is supporting the people who attacked her mother.

Mrs. Domenech shames the memory of her father.

by Anonymousreply 175February 16, 2021 8:34 PM

Stacey Plaskett was an excellent interview.

Dr. Henry Louis Gates Jr. was also an excellent interview.

Meghan did not look like a whore.

Sunny was particularly on point for everything she said.

Sara looked hot for VYD in the short black dress. She has GREAT legs.

Joy was Joy!

by Anonymousreply 176February 17, 2021 3:57 AM

Why is Meghan so obsessed with the idea that any criticism of Republicans is a criticism of all conservatives? Wasn't there a period a couple of years ago where she considered herself a conservative but no longer identified as a Republican? Now she seems to be obsessed with the idea that the two are totally synonymous. Why would she even want to be part of a party that just censured her mother?

by Anonymousreply 177February 17, 2021 3:41 PM

Then she married Nazi racist, no?

by Anonymousreply 178February 17, 2021 4:31 PM

Republicans like Moogan need to just finally acknowledge their party includes, and has always included, Q loons and others they’d never give the time of day to. She and other Republicans like her think they’re above the deplorables anchoring their party, but they’re not. Deep down they harbor the same racist, misogynistic, homophobic, Xenophobic, etc., beliefs, but know how to not be as overt, or tell themselves their racism, etc., is “progressive”.

by Anonymousreply 179February 17, 2021 4:33 PM

Meghan also said she didn't like that Republicans were all being branded as crazy Qanon loons in the same way that Democrats don't all like being branded as socialist social justice warriors. The difference, though, is that the socialist SJWs haven't taken over the Democratic party. But the Republican party is now lead by Trump and party leadership is completely going along with it.

by Anonymousreply 180February 17, 2021 4:47 PM

I wish I were the cohost for a day. I'd fire back, "Meghan, not all Republicans are QAnon cult adherents. That's a new brand of madness. All Republicans are fanatically pro-gun and hypocritically insist that they are pro-life while being warmongers like you and your father are, supporting the barbaric death penalty and defending cops' rights to murder minority men on sight. None of that is new. But the Nazism is new, and when people choose to remain members and cheerleaders for a party that today stands for Nazism, they are Nazi enablers, Meghan, and that is who you are today."

by Anonymousreply 181February 17, 2021 4:52 PM

^I wish someone WOULD! God that'd be satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 182February 17, 2021 7:17 PM

Meghan is desperately trying to remain relevant while spitting out her husband's talking points.

by Anonymousreply 183February 17, 2021 8:31 PM

The Nazism is new to the Republicans, R181?

by Anonymousreply 184February 17, 2021 8:34 PM

So wanted to hear Joy's take on the Cuomo scandal, but Meghan ten minute rebuttal blocked that from happening.

Very surprised that Whoopi and Sunny slammed him. Sunny even called him shady.

Guess Chris won't be gracing their door any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 185February 17, 2021 8:38 PM

R185, it seems like the ladies forget how hard NY was slammed early in the pandemic AND the unfunded mandate Trump pushed to the states. At the time, they were all BLUE states.

Fuck Trump.

by Anonymousreply 186February 17, 2021 8:40 PM

Oh please. Cuomo had enough time to write a book about his great leadership and go on every TV show for an interview.

Sunny's reasoning was actually on point. He failed, not as big as Dump, but he failed.

by Anonymousreply 187February 17, 2021 9:03 PM

R184 Yes. I don't recall Republicans proudly wearing and carrying swastikas to rallies and elsewhere before Trump, do you?

by Anonymousreply 188February 17, 2021 9:27 PM

what is the deal with megan? She makes the show so horrible. Nothing is ever discuss in detail because of her tantrums and illogical nature. Why not fire her?

It is a weird show. If you want public policy discussions, you need to have experts, and also FACTS.

by Anonymousreply 189February 17, 2021 10:49 PM

Unless Meghan is shitting on Democrats, she has nothing to say.

Some days, she only chimes in on the crappy TV shows she watches.

I feel sorry for her child ALREADY.

Lib, daughter of Reptards.

by Anonymousreply 190February 18, 2021 11:11 AM

Joy making excuses for Ann Coulter and Jeanne Pirro (WTF?)

She's too clueless to realize she is part of the problem.

And don't come after Sara like that. Sara wasn't playing kissy face with Scaramucci like you were.

by Anonymousreply 191February 18, 2021 3:27 PM

Joy did not make excuses for Rush, Ann, Jeanne and Trump. She said they were all about the money and changed their opinions to make more of it. Calling them sellouts is not making excuses.

Who did Meggie's eyebrows? Drag queen eyelashes? Is she transitioning?

And she didn't go after Sara. All she did was question the finality of Judgement day.

by Anonymousreply 192February 18, 2021 3:46 PM

When the topic is off politics, and the panel lightens up and jokes around, Meghan will usually just sit there and not say anything...barely showing a smile. She clearly is not comfortable with that.

by Anonymousreply 193February 18, 2021 4:34 PM

Meghan is back to screaming about inequity in scandal reporting.

Why do Republicans get freaked out with haircuts?

Nancy's hair cut is an ancient distraction and a false equivalency to Cruz spending a week at the Cancun Ritz.

Nobody died when Nancy got a haircut.

by Anonymousreply 194February 19, 2021 7:11 PM

Meghan is really out to get Cuomo. It's more than a little over the top. Also, I'm tired of her false equivalencies. Pelosi getting her hair done in an empty salon one day before salons reopened is in no way the same as Cruz abandoning his state as people are dying.

by Anonymousreply 195February 19, 2021 8:53 PM

The Cuomo thing is alarming and it's the very reason I hate it when people lionize leaders and go into hero-worship mode. Everyone is fallible. To have put Cuomo up on such a high pedestal because he was not Trump and then to have this happen is a bad look for democrats.

by Anonymousreply 196February 19, 2021 9:11 PM

Did Moogan actually compare Cruz to Pelosi!? More whataboutism. Is she completely incapable of defending an argument without saying, “well they did it too!!” She is such an infant, particularly if she can’t see the difference.

by Anonymousreply 197February 19, 2021 10:59 PM

[quote]then to have this happen is a bad look for democrats

You think that dealing with a HUGE unfunded mandate from the Federal government while managing the worst part of the epidemic and managing a Blue State hating president is a bad look?

Yes, a bad look for Republicans as Florida is getting away with 10 times the reporting problems AND targeting rich white people for vaccination.

Cuomo is not perfect, but he did a hell of a job at a time when he was set UP TO FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 198February 20, 2021 12:11 AM

Whoopi free Fridays are my favorite day.

by Anonymousreply 199February 20, 2021 1:48 PM

The View Guests for the Week of February 22-26:

Monday, February 22

Lead House Impeachment Manager Rep. Jamie Raskin (Maryland)

View Your Deal

Tuesday, February 23

Performance from Andra Day (The United States vs. Billie Holiday)

Wednesday, February 24

Linsey Davis (Stay This Way Forever)

Thursday, February 25

Day of Hot Topics

Friday, February 26

Day of Hot Topics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200February 20, 2021 8:45 PM

I wonder if the Garland confirmation hearing will preempt The View today?

by Anonymousreply 201February 22, 2021 8:12 AM

Thank god for View your deal!!!!

by Anonymousreply 202February 22, 2021 9:49 AM

View Your Deal is a reason to show off Sara's long, lovely legs.

by Anonymousreply 203February 22, 2021 10:38 AM

R203 Wouldn’t know. I Never ever ever ever watch that segment.

by Anonymousreply 204February 22, 2021 2:29 PM

Whoopi seems high as hell today. Higher than normal.

by Anonymousreply 205February 22, 2021 3:19 PM

Yeah...Whoopi just shows up, doesn't say too much..and let the others do most of the talking/fighting...lol.

by Anonymousreply 206February 22, 2021 3:22 PM

She does cut to commercial break before the fights get too carried away, R206. There’s that.

by Anonymousreply 207February 22, 2021 3:28 PM

So Meghan wants Fauci replaced with someone who will just tell her what she wants to hear. Honey, if that's the way the world worked, you wouldn't have a job.

by Anonymousreply 208February 22, 2021 3:44 PM

They're still learning about this virus. Nothing is in set in stone, about how it will continue and evolve. Meghan is like putting her fingers in her ears and going...la la la la la...

by Anonymousreply 209February 22, 2021 3:52 PM

*nothing is set in stone...sheesh

by Anonymousreply 210February 22, 2021 3:53 PM

Meghan today is proving why everyone hates Meghan without even throwing a tantrum.

Up until today, her complaint re public health guidance has been that the advice at first was not to wear masks because, they said, masks do little to protect people. Later, the guidance changed to 'wear a mask.' Meghan has bitched a lot that that messaging was confusing and not totally honest (which I think is fair: certainly, agencies knew that masks prevent communicable disease spread, but they wanted to conserve/reserve masks for healthcare providers at that time). But even with what I think is a valid complaint about flawed communication, Meghan has to fuck up her point by saying she has a grudge because she gave her masks away to hospitals and would have worn her masks herself had she known better.

Anyway, she blames the CDC et al. for being inconsistent with their message, which confused people.

Yesterday, Fauci refused to give a formal, unilateral recommendation because he wanted to be conservative with his opinion, for it to be fully informed, and he wants his opinion to be the consensus scientists' opinion, not something partially informed, because he might have to change his opinion later, and that could cause confusion and distrust of the kind Meghan attributes to changing guidance on the masks.

And this time, unlike with the masks, she's holding against Fauci that he is being too careful so as not to breed distrust. Why? Probably because she wants to breed greater distrust or at least to have an excuse to argue that the scientists are inconsistent.

She's horrible.

by Anonymousreply 211February 22, 2021 4:47 PM

Well said, R211. She's mad that last time they rushed to judgment and told us to not be as careful as we should have been. Now she's annoyed they're not rushing to judgment and asking us to still be careful. She can't have it both ways.

Also, let's face it, we can't tell people here that they can stop wearing masks because half the people already refuse to wear them even without a vaccine. If we start saying vaccine = no mask then every Trump-Hard will refuse to wear the mask by falsely claiming they've been vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 212February 22, 2021 5:21 PM

I don’t understand the mask debate. Wearing a mask is literally the least you could do, and it won’t kill you. At best, no one has to see your janky teeth or smell your rancid breath. And likely help curb the spread of disease.

by Anonymousreply 213February 22, 2021 5:22 PM

R213 It's just one of those conservative "freedom" hangups--"no one tells me what I can and cannot do!"

[Unless I am gay and want to get married or want a cake.]

The QAnon insanity is a factor, too. Someone I know in Ottawa, Canada actually believes all this insane shit. All spring, she was posting on Facebooks about face masks causing brain damage from oxygen deprivation and being used for mass mind control. I asked her how brilliant surgeons work long careers wearing surgical masks and she told me I am ignorant and that operating rooms are pumped full of oxygen to offset the O2 deprivation from masks, and that surgeons only wear them for short periods, anyway, not all day. I finally hid her posts. I couldn't believe someone who is otherwise pretty bright suddenly became so dumb (and not from wearing a mask).

by Anonymousreply 214February 22, 2021 5:37 PM

[quote]she has a grudge because she gave her masks away to hospitals and would have worn her masks herself had she known better.

This is so bizarre - like she, and many people just had a whole cache of masks lying around their house, but gave them away out of the goodness of their hearts and now are without? Who was keeping masks in a country like the US prior to all this happening?

[quote]It's just one of those conservative "freedom" hangups--"no one tells me what I can and cannot do!"

Yep, it's like the whole eating healthier thing. "No one can tell me what to do, I WILL drink a soda the size of a small car because freedom!" Completely damaging themselves to get at other people. Like the ones who turn on all their lights on Earth Day. Well, uh, YOU'RE the one who has to pay the electricity bill. I guess you really showed those others!

People are so dumb, it's horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 215February 22, 2021 7:03 PM

Here's a weird old View clash YouTube just threw at me.

Enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216February 22, 2021 9:39 PM

I love how they go out of their way to make Megan look ridiculous. Monday they had a promo for The View, and they used a short vid of Meghan in her Cauca-Puffs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217February 23, 2021 10:19 AM

Her hair and makeup really are clownish. She's ABC's first and only POLITICAL ANALYST/drunk clubkid with a BA in art history whose polital analyses always begin and end with MY FATHER.

by Anonymousreply 218February 23, 2021 10:48 AM

Sunny needs to stop with the "disgraced, twice impeached, former, one term president" descriptor every time she talks about Trump. It's only been a couple of weeks and it's already old.

by Anonymousreply 219February 23, 2021 3:08 PM

Meghan with that glitter part in her hair. Geez... Does she think that really looks good? Her style and makeup is clownish most days. No one is advising her?

by Anonymousreply 220February 23, 2021 3:25 PM

R219, it NEVER gets old. She should record it as a ringtone...

by Anonymousreply 221February 23, 2021 8:37 PM

The ladies truly showed that Ron Johnson really knows how to fill an empty suit.

I was waiting for Meghan to start singing Happy Birthday Mr. President, but she forgot the mole. A tribute to Micky Hargitay?

And Megan forgets that Biden is going after grassroots 60-70-80% Republicans.

So she can bleat all about being a never Trumper and never Democrat but Republican VOTERS like Joe's policies. Fuck da cunt.

Can't wait to see how Hot Psaki does with Meggy tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 222February 24, 2021 8:22 PM

RonAnon, hahahahahahhaha

by Anonymousreply 223February 25, 2021 3:37 AM

Do the producers of The View pretend that Missy's childish daily make-up horror-show doesn't exist? Or is it intention to get her even more ridiculed online?

by Anonymousreply 224February 25, 2021 3:51 AM

R224 - her hair and makeup sit well with the Fux News crowd. They’re horrified by the thought of having old slags like Joy and Blacks deliver their news, so I’m sure the sight of Moogan soothes and eases them.

by Anonymousreply 225February 25, 2021 12:14 PM

Meghan will never vote Democrat so there is no reason to try to appeal to her or people like her. Republicans never try to appeal to Dem voters or try to ‘understand’ them, yet Dems are supposed to court Republicans? Fuck Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 226February 25, 2021 12:32 PM

Meg has been spectacularly successful in staying on the show for three years despite consistently lying, consistently offending, dressing like an obese circus performer and eliciting public demands at least once a week that she be fired.

She is ABC's fault. They chose to hire her because of her name and despite any qualifications. They chose to keep her despite behaving as if she has zero idea of what a professional demeanor or public decorum are. They continue to promote her as an asset to the show despite audiences reviling her. She is there for ratings and for some kind of political gameplay.

ABC News has a track record of pandering to the worst conservatives. According to Bob Woodward, ABC News sent David Muir to do damage control for Trump's 2016 campaign immediately after the Access Hollywood tape came out, at the behest of Kellyanne Conway. ABC the one non-Fox network given exclusive, hourlong interviews with Donald, Ivanka and Melania during Trump's presidency.

Meghan McCain is a big distraction that can't be ignored, and she takes the heat from liberals that should be applied to the network itself.

In aquariums with aggressive fishes, some people keep flashy "target fishes" or "dither fishes" that are too big or too fast to be eaten by very aggressive, killer fishes, so that the aggression will be diffused among all the tankmates. I think Meghan is a dither fish whose purpose is to distract and draw the ire of viewers so that they don't notice everything else that's going on at the ABC Network. That would make sense of why she is dressed up like a clown to give the old razzle-dazzle.

"Razzle-dazzle 'em and they'll never catch wise!"

by Anonymousreply 227February 25, 2021 12:44 PM

Meghan is so easy to trigger I wish someone would just pile it all on in succession - Daddy, fat, cheating husband, abortion, pill-popping mom, conservative sluts, back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich, nepotism, stupid conservatives, deporables, daddy again - to see if they could get her to explode.

by Anonymousreply 228February 25, 2021 12:49 PM

Nepotism Manatee™️ has a poop shaped pile of polyester hair plopped on her head this morning. Do they make spray hair that comes out like Cheez Wiz?

by Anonymousreply 229February 25, 2021 3:07 PM

Me-Again™ is so damn obese...yet, she speaks as if she's on speed!

I cannot stand her caterwauling motormouth. Her voice literally hurts my ears.

by Anonymousreply 230February 25, 2021 3:10 PM

Love how Jen rolls the Minimum Wage economic recovery into the Covid relief bill.

Biden sees it as one bill to rest the new the economy on.

Individually, the MW has a 56% approval from all voters, and the rest of the bill has a SEVENTY SIX % approval from all Americans.

Mrs. Domenech is oblivious to the fact that moving separated children to larger, safer facilities is not the same as the Trump policies.

by Anonymousreply 231February 25, 2021 7:46 PM

[quote] Mrs. Domenech is oblivious to the fact that moving separated children to larger, safer facilities is not the same as the Trump policies.

Possibly, since she seems limited and brainwashed, but I still think she is aware. She is just totally unprincipled and dedicated to pushing GOP talking points. She has pretty much admitted to that on the show, too.

by Anonymousreply 232February 25, 2021 8:21 PM

Meghan's clip-on golden ponytail hair fountain today is an entirely different color than her platinum hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233February 25, 2021 8:33 PM

Meghan raided Miss Lindsey’s drag trunk again. She looked like an obese Jeannie that no one is dreaming of.

by Anonymousreply 234February 26, 2021 4:37 AM

r234, close, but I think she is trying to channel Lady Gaga. [Not her uncle Lady G].

She is like a fat Gaga on Drag Race who lip syncs Ben's talking points.

by Anonymousreply 235February 26, 2021 6:57 AM

Odd, how boring Meghan is when she isn't bagging on Democrats.

The little turd braids ain't working for her.

by Anonymousreply 236February 27, 2021 10:03 AM

Can't wait for 🤡 to sell her child for a bottle of jack and a suite in Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 237March 1, 2021 4:37 AM

Is there going to be big political news tomorrow?

I wish FCI read this thread as well.

by Anonymousreply 238March 1, 2021 6:13 AM

I visited my dad this weekend. He's in his 70s and a widower and he watches a lot of TV.

He said, "I have a question about Meghan McCain. And it's not about her politics."

I said, "why does she look like a circus clown?"

"YES! She has--one day she has these silly knots on her head and then a big fake wig stuck to the back and the next she looks bald as an onion. And the glitter on her eyes and she had DIAMONDS down the middle of her head the other day! She looks crazy!"

by Anonymousreply 239March 1, 2021 6:05 PM

Mooghan took today off. Thank god! The show is better without her.

by Anonymousreply 240March 1, 2021 6:26 PM

Barnum and Bailey needed her today.

by Anonymousreply 241March 1, 2021 7:13 PM

🤡 had no Republican talking points after ClownPAC. They hated her father. He husband LOVES them.

So she stayed home to brush up on gutting Cuomo tomorrow.

Girl is obvious.

by Anonymousreply 242March 1, 2021 9:44 PM

I think Joy needs to ask Meghan if Meg's husband Ben was at CPAC?

by Anonymousreply 243March 2, 2021 7:04 AM

I never really paid attention to the opening of the show...when they show all the regulars. I noticed Ana Navarro in the opening in the line up. I know she subs for moogan, and is on Fridays. She's a regular now? I like her.

by Anonymousreply 244March 2, 2021 3:07 PM

Anna subs when she is given time for regulars M-Th. She is a regular on Whoopi-Free Fridays when Joy moderates.

I take it 🤡 is out for a second day?

Still want to know if her husband went to CPAC.

by Anonymousreply 245March 2, 2021 3:15 PM

Ana has said in the past that she doesn't want to be full time on The View because she lives in Florida and won't live FT in NYC. But since it's all remote now, she can be a reliable cast member.

She's definitely a million times better than Meghan, but she's also an actual "Republican in name only" these days, since she drew her line at supporting Nazis and governmental overthrows.

Sara is married to someone with Trumpster leanings and Sunny used to bill herself as very socially conservative and pro-life, but they're both polarized on the left since the right is now patently evil.

Only Meghan has a internal rot needed to persistently call herself a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 246March 2, 2021 4:32 PM

[quote]Only Meghan has a internal rot needed to persistently call herself a Republican.

It's a way to act like she is being victimised. She is the "only" Republican on the panel (another way of saying 'the media with it's liberal bias!') despite the fact that there are other Republicans on the panel and general conservative feeling. Meghan is typical of people who've had everything handed to them all their life - has to try and claim they are the biggest victim in the room at all times. It's the only way she stops herself from the cold hard truth that she is completely undeserving of everything she has been given in life. And she can dismiss the niggling feelings in her mind that there are people out there who are REALLY suffering, often due to the policies and beliefs of people like her. Oh, but it's ok, because Meghan McCain suffers more than everyone else!

Watching her on this panel is like seeing a Christmas dinner where someone's child sits with the adults and tries to take part in the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 247March 2, 2021 7:07 PM

YouTube just foisted this video into my feed. This lady alleges that Meghan McCain has been off because she has been finally disciplined by ABC for saying that Dr. Fauci doesn't understand science. The woman goes on to compare her to Cosby and Weinstein 🤣 ...and then says that there ia a God, y'awl, and there are consequences for our actions, and now she's got to run to Wal-Mart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248March 3, 2021 11:23 AM

Whoopi looks good today. She's been looking better lately. I dunno...

by Anonymousreply 249March 3, 2021 3:03 PM

Did Meghan's talking to involve a discussion about her hair and makeup? She looks much more professional today.

by Anonymousreply 250March 3, 2021 3:09 PM

I was going to say that. She looks pretty today. Then...she opens her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 251March 3, 2021 3:11 PM

Why discipline her for spewing her unverified right-wing talking points? Isn’t that why this trashy show pays her? I don’t know if she’s locked into a contract or what, but she constantly looks like her mother made her share her toys.

by Anonymousreply 252March 3, 2021 3:22 PM

Has anyone read Sunny's book? She alleges in it that ABC News tried to force her to lie about her experiences with ABC.

"In the foreword of the memoir – which will be released Tuesday via HarperCollins – “The View” co-host revealed how ABC News tried and failed to have her remove passages from the book.

“Deleting those passages didn’t feel right to me — they were all true, and they were some of the battle scars of my experience,” Hostin writes in the 288-page hardcover. “My television agent and my book agent emailed me to express confusion that a news organization would try to censor a Puerto Rican, African-American woman’s story while they were covering global demonstrations demanding racial equity.”

New York Daily News Sub Section Logo

ADVERTISEMENT SNYDE ‘The View’ co-host Sunny Hostin hired a lawyer after ABC wanted her to change facts in ‘I Am These Truths’ memoir

By KARU F. DANIELS NEW YORK DAILY NEWS SEP 21, 2020 AT 7:19 PM

Host/executive producer Sunny Hostin speaks in Investigation Discovery's "Truth About Murder with Sunny Hostin" panel at the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour on Thursday, July 25, 2019, in Beverly Hills, Calif. Host/executive producer Sunny Hostin speaks in Investigation Discovery's "Truth About Murder with Sunny Hostin" panel at the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour on Thursday, July 25, 2019, in Beverly Hills, Calif. (Willy Sanjuan/Willy Sanjuan/Invision/AP) Will the truth set her free? Sunny Hostin had to lawyer up when network executives tried to force her into changing the facts in her new book, ironically titled “I Am These Truths.”

ADVERTISEMENT In the foreword of the memoir – which will be released Tuesday via HarperCollins – “The View” co-host revealed how ABC News tried and failed to have her remove passages from the book. “Deleting those passages didn’t feel right to me — they were all true, and they were some of the battle scars of my experience,” Hostin writes in the 288-page hardcover. “My television agent and my book agent emailed me to express confusion that a news organization would try to censor a Puerto Rican, African-American woman’s story while they were covering global demonstrations demanding racial equity.”

Written with USA Today national correspondent Charisse Jones, Hostin chronicles her personal journey as a multiracial woman with her reflections on the high-stakes cases and stories she has worked on as a prosecutor and a journalist in the book, which is officially titled “I Am These Truths: A Memoir of Identity, Justice, and Living Between Worlds.” Black Books Matter: Literary industry experiences sales boom of Black authors and non-fiction titles on race » Recently, the Bronx native, who served as a federal prosecutor and a Department of Justice trial attorney, was the subject of a bombshell HuffPost article about racism allegations within the Disney-owned media giant’s top ranks. The veteran legal journalist didn’t mince words about how she took the ABC brass to task for trying to silence her.

“I was surprised that what was asked of me was to change the truth, like to change my story,” she revealed to Andy Cohen Live on Monday. “I think it’s one thing if I got something wrong and to be clear, they caught things that were wrong, you know, like timing things, and direct quotes that should have been checked more closely. And I appreciate it, those things.”

“But then they wanted me to change, things like things that I experienced discriminatory things, you know, and I just felt that that wasn’t fair because the title of the book is ‘I Am These Truths,’” she continued. “And I think that we’re living in a society at this point where the president has lied over 30,000 times. You know, the media is considered fake news and people want the truth. Like we have to start telling the truth.”

“So I had to fight that, because I just… didn’t think it was right,” Hostin confided. “I usually don’t shy away from a fight.... And they acquiesced after I hired a lawyer.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253March 3, 2021 5:35 PM

Sunny is following McCain closely on the exhausting scale. Is she able to utter two sentences without mentioning race?

by Anonymousreply 254March 3, 2021 5:58 PM

You know, you know, you know, r253.

by Anonymousreply 255March 3, 2021 6:14 PM

And has Meghan successfully dodged her husband's involvement in CPAC?

by Anonymousreply 256March 3, 2021 11:24 PM

Who cares why Mooghan wasn't there. The show was SO much better without her. Stay gone, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 257March 4, 2021 4:55 AM

I wonder if Ben brought back a little gold Trump for Meghan to give Joy?

by Anonymousreply 258March 4, 2021 4:58 AM

Joy's dumbass defending Cuomo yesterday, saying the Democrats should just forget about his allegations.

She's become such a corporate democrat boot licker it's ridiculous. She was even kissing Manchin's ass and agreeing with Meghan a couple of weeks back.

by Anonymousreply 259March 4, 2021 9:39 PM

R254 Sunny thinks she's Oprah to Kamala's Obama. She's become completely insufferable and one note.

by Anonymousreply 260March 4, 2021 9:41 PM

R259 He words were clumsy yesterday but that isn't what she said. She was trying to make a joke and it didn't work, but her point was that Democrats have mistakenly automatically ostracized anyone who has been accused, such as Al Franken, in the past, and she thinks that Democrats "need to be more like Republicans" in that they should not automatically hold people guilty based on accusations but demand to see evidence before convicting. She didn't say to ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 261March 4, 2021 9:42 PM

Bahaha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262March 4, 2021 9:49 PM

Twitter and DL are sympatico on Meghan's style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263March 4, 2021 9:50 PM

[quote]He words were clumsy yesterday but that isn't what she said.

She wanted to give Cuomo a pass. It was only after she realized how blunt she tried to smooth it out with the investigation line.

There was a time when she was liberal and stood for principles over anything else. Now she just kisses the ass of the establishment.

Agreeing with McCain and defending Manchin was just revolting and shows what she's become.

by Anonymousreply 264March 4, 2021 9:54 PM

[quote]Democrats have mistakenly automatically ostracized anyone who has been accused

Nah.

by Anonymousreply 265March 4, 2021 9:54 PM

R264 They were all defending that hack Neera too.

by Anonymousreply 266March 4, 2021 9:55 PM

Neera Tanden is not a hack.

Joe Manchin protecting his Mylan CEO daughter IS a hack.

Manchin runs WV like his personal plantation.

by Anonymousreply 267March 4, 2021 10:38 PM

A lot of the topics they deal with directly or indirectly include racism. How can that be redundant if almost half of the US elected a racist party? One can say that about Sunny if they're under 15%. She seems to be the best informed of the group and is able to explain everything without losing the plot. But admittedly I dislike Sunny's laugh - it appears to be constrained sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 268March 5, 2021 5:22 AM

My dad is 73 and he has been watching The View. He tells me the same things most DLers post, although he doesn't hate Meghan McCain, and he thinks that she and Joy both act ridiculously but doesn't hold it against them.

He did ask me why Meghan has been dressing like a circus performer lately a few weeks ago.

And then last week, he told me that he has always liked Sunny and she is his favorite, but he has noticed that she has become "obsessed with black issues" this year, whereas she used to present herself as a moderate liberal with some conservative values. He said--and I hadn't noticed this--that she used to represent herself mostly as Latina and now she seems to represent herself exclusively as African American instead. He wasn't condemning of it or anything (He's very non-judgmental.), but he thought it was a really strange and quick transformation.

I told him that the tell-all book Ladies Who Punch details how the women sometimes are assigned their talking points/platforms/opinions by producers, and he was really appalled to hear that. I asked if he had noticed how since they've been virtual, the conversation is inorganic and Whoopi directs each person to give her opinion in sequence, building on one another, and he said that he had noticed that, but it never occurred to him that they're not all speaking their own minds, or that they may be assigned pet issues to discuss on air.

It is a TV show and, worse, it's entertainment. The View was created under ABC Daytime (entertainment), not ABC News, and that was when Barbara Walters (an actual journalist with some journalistic standards, no matter how fluffy her stories were) anchored it. When it started to fail, it was given over to ABC News but its focus shifted to be even less news-driven without Walters.

After Rush Limbaugh died, Meghan actually said that he created the news-as-entertainment genre and that The View is part of that genre. She protested that the show is as much entertainment as it is current events--not journalism. So it seems that although it is an ABC News property, it's not held to the network's standard of journalism.

And what is the network's standard of journalism? As I wrote above, Sunny stated that ABC News pressured her to change facts to lies in her book to make the network look better, and she said that she believes network executives read her emails while she was working on it. Bob Woodward wrote that Kellyanne Conway thought immediately to go to ABC News and David Muir specifically to do damage control for Trump after the Access Hollywood scandal broke. And ABC News got all the exclusive broadcast network interviews with the Trump administration during his presidency, including two with Trump, one with Melania and one with Ivanka. I have been saying it for years here, but I don't trust ABC News at all.

by Anonymousreply 269March 5, 2021 2:17 PM

Moogan can’t move past being called a Neanderthal. Then maybe disavow the Neanderthals who are making your party an alt-right joke, like Cruz and Hawley. You’re guilty by association.

by Anonymousreply 270March 5, 2021 4:12 PM

I love how Meghan keeps bringing up how Biden promised unity. Did she think that would mean publicly giving blow jobs to all the Republican who trash him on a daily basis? He didn't even call Republicans neanderthals—he said the two governors who were reopening their states were engaging in neanderthal thinking. If that's so "triggering" to Republicans then they should also reclaim the word "snowflake" for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 271March 5, 2021 4:23 PM

I really hate to write off anyone as just despicable through and through but Meghan Myfather McCain really demonstrates as much as anyone ever has how disgusting politics is.

Here, we see Joe Biden hold her hand and comfort her about the death of her father while she blubbers, and they bond over John McCain and Beau Biden both having died from glioblastoma.

Flash forward a couple of years, and McCain is chastising him for not being a Republican who calls himself a Democrat. She will push any Republican line at all and use their false talking points against anyone at all who is not her dead father. Joe Biden's comforting empathy is appreciated in the moment, forgotten as soon as McCain is told to push a misleading story. Today it's that Biden doesn't compromise enough with Republicans, which is code for saying Biden is more liberal than they want him to be.

Who the fuck IS Meghan McCain? She's scary to me. Five years ago or so, she told Larry King that Hillary Clinton is "actually pretty cool" and "I like Hillary Clinton." Three years ago, she went into an unhinged tirade on The View and screamed "EVERYBODY KNOWS I HAAATE HILLARY CLINTON!!!" and she apologized many months later at the beginning of the following season, and I believe she blamed grief over her father for having made her say something unprofessional. She's just one hundred percent integrity free.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272March 5, 2021 4:50 PM

[quote]I have been saying it for years here, but I don't trust ABC News at all.

No wonder ABC had a problem with Rosie. I specifically remember her imploring The View audience to look for news to find out what's going on in the US from [italic]outside[/italic] the US: "Because the US is owned by four corporations. [italic]One of them is this one[/italic]."

She wasn't wrong, incidentally. The news I see coming from the US is scary in how it presents what is going on to the public.

by Anonymousreply 273March 5, 2021 7:29 PM

The fact that George Stephanopoulos booted her nasty ass off This Week, validates ABC news.

by Anonymousreply 274March 6, 2021 6:29 AM

[quote] It's a way to act like she is being victimised. She is the "only" Republican on the panel

This week she almost had a melt down and started ranting and raving, something to the effect, I don't have to come here every day and take this, "especially after all I've done for politics"

She rode her father's coattails and spreads disinformation. But she considers herself some type of savior for the citizens

by Anonymousreply 275March 6, 2021 1:10 PM

What *exactly* has she "done for politics"?

by Anonymousreply 276March 6, 2021 1:49 PM

Reiterate the party talking points, R276. And be the daughter of McCain.

by Anonymousreply 277March 6, 2021 1:53 PM

She has the opinion that a person with an Art History BA is just as politically knowledgeable as a person with a BA in Public Policy from Stanford, with a Rhodes Scholar PhD from Oxford.

Narcissist?

by Anonymousreply 278March 6, 2021 10:01 PM

I don't know who this woman is, but she does these little gossipy podcast episodes about The View, and in this one she says that Meghan McCain went to Barbara Fedida (who was later fired for making racist comments about ABC talent, including Sunny Hostin) and got Sherri Shepherd fired because Sherri told Meghan to lighten up and stop being so sensitive. She says that Meghan is a backstabber behind the scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279March 7, 2021 4:28 PM

Not in defense of Meghan, but I’d ban Sherri too. She’s a fucking idiot. I’d ban Meghan too.

by Anonymousreply 280March 7, 2021 7:04 PM

r279, she is one of those youtubers who I play back at 1.25 speed.

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 281March 7, 2021 8:05 PM

The View Guests for the Week of March 8-12:

Monday, March 8

Arsenio Hall (Coming 2 America)

Tuesday, March 9

Kenan Thompson (Kenan)

Andrew Kaczynski

Rachel Louise Ensign

Wednesday, March 10

Eddie Murphy (Coming 2 America)

Thursday, March 11

Wesley Snipes (Coming 2 America)

Friday, March 12

Soleil Moon Frye (Kid 90; Punky Brewster reboot)

I get the feeling that Coming 2 America is a...Disney film?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282March 7, 2021 9:09 PM

A fucking half an hour dedicated to that stupid Meghan Markle interview today? They'll do ANYTHING to keep from talking about Cuomo.

Oh and this ass kissing over Harry, who used to attend racist parties in a Nazi uniform, once again exposes what hypocrites Joy and Sunny are. And this isn't a reflection on the UK being "racist". The royal family does not represent Britain. They have an actual government that is separate from anything Royal . So for Sunny to retweet a comment suggesting that the UK is more racist then the US how clueless she is.

Whoopi must roll her eyes that she's saddled with three dumbasses and Sara. She must wait for Friday's like a child waits for ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 283March 8, 2021 9:32 PM

Mizz Whoopie is one of dem negroes

by Anonymousreply 284March 8, 2021 10:11 PM

r283, the Cuomo coverage is ridiculous. He HUGGED me. He kissed me ON THE CHEEK!

The women are looking silly if he created a hostile work environment and DID NOTHING LEGALLY to have him change.

In a world where we had a pussy grabbing president, they come off as insipid idiots.

And it must have been Baroness Maria von Bandersnatch who is the family racist.

by Anonymousreply 285March 8, 2021 11:25 PM

Meghan knows that the UK is a free country, right? What a nut job.

by Anonymousreply 286March 9, 2021 4:02 PM

Meg's mom...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287March 9, 2021 5:21 PM

Whoopi "Get me out of here" look she had today is currently trending on Twitter.

I can't say I blame her. Aside from Sara, the other three are completely insufferable and one note.

I'd say cancel the whole fucking thing and make it a Whoopi talk show.

by Anonymousreply 288March 9, 2021 10:57 PM

Meghan got all uber cunty today when Joy brought up that the Covid relief bill was supported by 56% of Republican voters.

Meghan went into motormouth overdrive and went apoplectic that on 12% of the "covid" bill went for covid relief.

It's Biden's American Rescue Plan, and it includes relief to states that had the unfunded covid response mandate pushed on them by Trump.

by Anonymousreply 289March 9, 2021 11:02 PM

She was high when she was talking about George Washington and England

I think she's gotten hooked on pain pills after having her baby

by Anonymousreply 290March 10, 2021 4:15 AM

Will "The View" have Hunter Biden on to promote his book which will be published on April 6th?

by Anonymousreply 291March 10, 2021 4:25 AM

"So over this today."

"So over this today."

"SO OVER THIS TODAY!!"

"SO OVER THIS TODAY!!"

"SO OVER THIS TODAY!!"

"SO OVER THIS TODAY!!"

This is ABC News, ladies and gentlemen.

by Anonymousreply 292March 10, 2021 11:03 AM

The View is boring now. Like many here have said, it's very one note...you can pretty much predict what Joy and Sunny will say....and Moogs will have her meltdowns. This show has been on for way too long.

by Anonymousreply 293March 10, 2021 3:39 PM

r291, the same day Ivankie does a View Your Deal for her purses, voting machines and coffins...

by Anonymousreply 294March 10, 2021 5:53 PM

What was wrong with Wesley Snipes? That was painful to watch

by Anonymousreply 295March 11, 2021 3:49 PM

Wesley was hilariously answering questions in the character of the movie he was in.

You didn't recognize Noxzema?

It was all very funny until his feed dropped.

He is a true professional.

by Anonymousreply 296March 13, 2021 3:10 AM

Talk about an elephant in the room (that he went to jail). No one mentioned it, but they skated around the fact that he hadn't worked in years, and that's because he was in jail

THEN, they mentioned Sarah is doing some project with him. Then it all made sense, that's why they were acting like every crazy thing was completely normal, when it certainly was not

I live in Georgia and before Wesley went to jail, he was involved in some weird muslim religion, that was a cult. The people who ran it, went to jail. The leader was molesting children. Wesley was running some security/paramilitary training center at the church compound. It was crazy as hell. I thought the government was going to have to go in there (like Waco)

I don't even want to know how Sarah came to be working on some project with him.

by Anonymousreply 297March 13, 2021 8:23 AM

I agree about Wesley Snipes. He was riveting as an interviewee.

by Anonymousreply 298March 13, 2021 9:56 AM

WTF was that Wesley segment?

And, yeah, this show is clearly struggling for relevance with Trump gone. I don’t remember them going this hard for Obama or Hillary like they do Biden.

by Anonymousreply 299March 13, 2021 2:07 PM

I don't watch anymore lately. The Waltons reruns are much better...lol.

by Anonymousreply 300March 13, 2021 5:29 PM

r300, and yet you post...

by Anonymousreply 301March 13, 2021 6:50 PM

I knew you wanted to hear from me R301...

by Anonymousreply 302March 13, 2021 6:51 PM

r300, and yet you post...

by Anonymousreply 303March 13, 2021 6:53 PM

and you keep responding R301.. we can do this all day. Enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 304March 13, 2021 6:55 PM

[quote]I don't watch anymore lately. The Waltons reruns are much better...lol.

Well, this is apples and oranges as the Waltons is not a part of ABC news.

We can do this all day. Enjoy r300.

by Anonymousreply 305March 13, 2021 8:44 PM

The View Guests for the Week of March 15-19:

Monday, March 15

Don Lemon (This Is The Fire)

Tuesday, March 16

Rebecca Jarvis (GameStopped)

Wednesday, March 17

Jonathan Karl (Front Row at the Trump Show)

Megan Mullally & Nick Offerman (The Great North)

Thursday, March 18

Ice-T (The Mediator)

Friday, March 19

Meredith Vieira joined by Paul Lima (After the Murder of Albert Lima)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306March 15, 2021 11:14 PM

I like how Moogan went on and on about how real antifascist Antifa was and so dangerous and Joy stepped in and quoted the FBI director calling Antifa a philosophy and not an organization.

Moogan is useless.

Nice that Lemon gave credit to his husband for picking out Libtard's baby gift.

by Anonymousreply 307March 16, 2021 12:04 AM

Yes, Antifa is a philosophy and not an organization. But so is Qanon and that hasn't made it any less dangerous. That being said, Q has done actual damage while Antifa is a conservative scapegoat.

by Anonymousreply 308March 16, 2021 4:15 AM

QAnon is a person who has followers who are directed. Looks like an organization if only an evil fan club.

by Anonymousreply 309March 16, 2021 8:25 AM

R308 - were you in a coma on January 6th? Q-anon is only a philosophy? So I guess the insurrectionists making and sporting Q symbols and espousing Q dogma while charging the Capitol weren’t somehow united... in an organized group? I’ve yet to see an organized Antifa group...

by Anonymousreply 310March 16, 2021 1:51 PM

I'm glad Sunny used her time interviewing Newsom to bring up the extremely important issue of black women in Congress being replaced with other black women. That's definitely the biggest issue facing the state right now.

by Anonymousreply 311March 16, 2021 4:06 PM

r311, agreed.

by Anonymousreply 312March 17, 2021 12:18 AM

I lose my shit every time Meghan brings up Brett Kavanaugh in the Andrew Cuomo discussions, like she did again yesterday. I'm not even sure what bullshit false equivalency she's attempting to conjure up, other than insinuate that liberals pushed for a full-on investigation of Kavanaugh but want to sweep the Cuomo allegations under the rug. For starters, it isn't true, and more importantly, voters can choose to toss Cuomo out of office next time around if he doesn't resign first, but Kavanaugh now sits on the Supreme Court for LIFE after sailing through the farce that was his confirmation hearing.

by Anonymousreply 313March 17, 2021 12:28 AM

Again, Moogan's arguments are tantamount to, “I know you are, but what am I”. She responds with whataboutisms every single time. She has zero depth.

by Anonymousreply 314March 17, 2021 12:37 AM

R313, Kavauagh was put through hell. Cuomo is a rapist piece of shit and he needs to bow out.

If he was gay he would have already been forced to resign.

by Anonymousreply 315March 17, 2021 12:42 AM

Kavanaugh was a sham shit show that is going to be revisited. Senator Whitehouse is seeing to that.

by Anonymousreply 316March 17, 2021 4:45 AM

I detest Meghan McCain and I am loath to agree with her even in part, but Joy and Sunny both do display some hypocrisy with this. When Weinstein, Kavanaugh and others have been accused, they were quick to condemn and did not let up. For a non-politician like Weinstein, all the women agreed he is an evil pig who should be skewered. But when it's a politician, most of these women have showed that they have a sliding scale of condemnation depending who the person is.

Al Franken took a picture pretending to grab the boobs of a sleeping woman--a far cry from a physical sexual assault--and he was condemned by Republicans like McCain and both condemned and praised by some Dems for the act and for "doing the right thing" and resigning, which many people later came to see as a mistake.

When it was Kavanaugh, McCain felt he was persecuted cruelly. Now that it's Cuomo, she calls him a "ghoul."

When it was Kavanaugh, Joy and Sunny condemened him along with the rest of us, but now instead of condemning Cuomo, Joy instead chose to highlight the good things he has done for New York, which is a passive show of support for him, and Sunny chose to ask why only Cuomo is taking heat from the media for his COVID failures--a VERY good question, but off topic when the topic is his alleged sexual predation on his staff. They wouldn't have tolerated McCain changing topic from Kavanaugh's alleged assaults and so their words are hypocritical, and it is pretty glaring but not surprising. I resent it though because it gives McCain a rare opportunity to point the finger fairly and my disdain for her isn't strong enough to make me say she is wrong because that would make me a hypocrite.

I do share Sunny's opinion, though. They should not dedicate so much time to this topic and to Meghan and Harry. Cuomo did some fucked up shit during the height of the pandemic in New York--and De Santis and other Republican governors did, too. Those policy decisions resulted in mass deaths and deserve headline coverage. Politicians taking actions that cause deaths or to cover up deaths for the sake of their reputations deserve priority discussion, but this show trades in idle gossip and cat fights.

by Anonymousreply 317March 17, 2021 12:15 PM

It appears that Kavanaugh is going to get a second look if Senator Whitehouse has anything to do with it.

Meghan can play him the fool this time.

by Anonymousreply 318March 17, 2021 12:56 PM

They are all hypocrites. Meghan just happens to be a bigger hypocrite than the rest of them. Notice how fast she flipped on kids in cages? Now it's a national emergency, but she couldn't be bothered when Trump was in office.

by Anonymousreply 319March 17, 2021 1:13 PM

Joy's comments on Cuomo were extremely hypocritical. She wants him to stay because, even if he's a creep, she agrees with his policy goals and is afraid he'd get replaced with someone from the other party. That is literally the exact reason that Republicans in Congress supported Trump for four years.

Meghan's constant whining about Kavanaugh is ridiculous, though. First, (with one exception) Cuomo has been accused of harassment, not assault. Second, she said Kavanaugh was going to lose his job, which is flat out not true. Cuomo might lose his job; Kavanaugh would have lost his chance at a promotion. Totally different. It's also different to launch an investigation before someone has gotten the job than it is to do so after they've already been there for several years in an attempt to remove them.

by Anonymousreply 320March 17, 2021 1:26 PM

Do not confuse being hypocritical with being pragmatic.

Republicans have weaponized the Me2 movement without suffering any of the consequences.

Team Behar.

by Anonymousreply 321March 17, 2021 1:48 PM

Also, the EIGHTY THREE complaints filed against Kavanaugh were dismissed when he was confirmed to the SCOTUS because he moved to a different JURISDICTION.

83 complaints shit canned because he was promoted and the prior court had no jurisdiction over a SCJ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322March 17, 2021 1:52 PM

Joy's pragmatism shows a lack of integrity. That's just reality. I'm not condemning her character overall, but choosing political expediency in cases like this is a betrayal when it contradicts their values.

It's politics. People who participate in politics always choose hypocrisy and compromise their characters. Democrats more often choose their integrity and pay a major political price, allowing room for Republicans to criticize them and to move into the territory they've left open because Republicans *only* invoke their principles when it is politically convenient for them. Joy appears to have learned how to play politics by Republicans' game rules, at least in this case.

Still, I was genuinely surprised to hear her speak so plainly about her fears that sacrificing Cuomo, no matter how gross he has been, is a political liability for her team.

by Anonymousreply 323March 17, 2021 2:15 PM

Opening up the possibility of a Republican NY Governor pardoning Trump at the state level is too horrific to imagine.

Cuomo could drink the blood of newborns killed with alien Jewish lasers and I would till want the legal process to play out.

by Anonymousreply 324March 17, 2021 2:20 PM

Cuomo would not be replaced with a Rethug. This talking point from his defenders is deliberately misleading.

Joy has always been a moron. She would’ve had to go back to teaching if not for the View. Her comedy career was a flop.

by Anonymousreply 325March 17, 2021 3:09 PM

If Cuomo was gay and his accuser was a man, he would have no defenders. Certainly not on The DL or The view.

by Anonymousreply 326March 17, 2021 3:12 PM

If Cuomo were gay, and he ran his hand over the chest of a subordinate, the subordinate would be laughed out of the room for complaining.

Nowhere is anyone saying he stuck his dick into Anthony Rapp.

by Anonymousreply 327March 17, 2021 3:18 PM

R327, Are you kidding? The guy from the Lincoln project faced universal condemnation because he slid into someone’s dms who wasn’t into him.

Nobody stuck their sick in Anthony Rapp. He was picked up.

Gay men are not judged by what they did but by what the public thinks they could have done. Cuomo would have no defenders if he were a gay man because homosexuality is an icky Thing to start with to most people.

by Anonymousreply 328March 17, 2021 3:21 PM

I would be inclined to agree sociologically speaking, but I can't think of many gay men who have been taken down over harassment or assault.

I recall that some male models accused photographers of having harassed and assaulted them, but I really only saw it as a blip on The View and on a couple of news sites, and those photographers weren't raked over the coals endlessly like Weinstein, Moonves and others were.

And I remain amazed that Bryan Singer has been totally let off the hook, and that no one has accused Andy Cohen, who seems like a total creep. (Cohen did admit on Ellen that he has fucked some of the early-20s bartenders he casts on Watch What Happens Live. That doesn't amount to assault if it was consensual, but a 50-something straight man probably would not so openly giggle about banging 20-something models who he casts on his TV show these days.)

It's not enough people to call it a rule, but gay men don't seem to have been hunted down to the extent straight male moguls (who deserve it) have been in recent years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329March 17, 2021 3:34 PM

new thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330March 17, 2021 7:37 PM

Can't believe Muriel took this off of subscribers only.

But it does give me a chance to post here one last time>>>GO TO THE NEW THREAD IN R330.

Won't be fooled again.

by Anonymousreply 331March 17, 2021 11:19 PM

R329, Bryan singer has been let off the hook?? He will never work again and his name is synonymous. That is despite his first accusers admitting to lying in court. That never changed how the Media reported on him. He gets no chance to defend himself and he has no one in media willing to do that for him.

Gay men have no defenders. Even if they are innocent. Cuomo would have nobody defending himself especially you and Joy begat who would throw him In the garbage.

by Anonymousreply 332March 18, 2021 1:30 AM

R329, Also you think Andy Cohen should lose his career because he admits he sleeps with young adult men who have been on his show? That alone show how you see gay men vs how you are sexual Harassing piece of shit Cuomo who raped women in his office.

You are proving my very point kmfao.

by Anonymousreply 333March 18, 2021 1:33 AM

“ Nowhere is anyone saying he stuck his dick into Anthony Rapp”

Nothing sexual happened to Anthony Rapp according to his own admission. The fact that you think he was raped but you think Cuomo “just” touched a woman’s breast shows the difference how gays are treated vs straights.

by Anonymousreply 334March 18, 2021 2:10 AM

[quote] Kavauagh was put through hell. Cuomo is a rapist piece of shit and he needs to bow out.

Who said he raped them?

by Anonymousreply 335March 18, 2021 2:37 AM

I don't know why one of these women doesn't reply back to megan, "lots of republicans have had sex scandals, the republicans don't care, the democrats at least care, but want an investigation"

I remember that one guy from Louisiana or alabama/mississippi that had an affairs and he wore diapers as a sex fetish. He REFUSED to leave office

I wonder what piggy mccain thinks about the Kavanaugh FBI background check, being fake?

by Anonymousreply 336March 18, 2021 2:40 AM

Just remember, when Muriel puts this thread on subscriber again, you can move to the other thread

Or you can move there now...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337March 18, 2021 4:11 AM

Muriel,

The View threads 1-25 are so innocuous. Can't you remove them from your consideration for making subcriber only?

Pretty please?

by Anonymousreply 338March 18, 2021 4:16 AM

Just pay the friggin' two bucks, r338. We tax paying citizens of DL are getting tired of you DL welfare cheats.

by Anonymousreply 339March 18, 2021 3:39 PM

Whoppi offers to buy Sunny a vibrator.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340April 10, 2021 1:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!