Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'm tired of being a doormat

I've been taking care of my parents for many years. When my father died years ago I became more away that I need to take care of myself to be able to take care of my mother because she had no one else.

Over the years I've learned to bite my tongue, walk away, ignore and deal with bullshit. Some days I wish I didn't have to.

Some days I'd like to smack the shit out of my neighbor for letting his dog shit on my lawn.

Some days I'd like to tell my boss to go fuck himself when he starts yelling at me.

Some days I'd like to pound on the parking entrance window and tell the guy in the parking garage to get shit shit together.

When someone gives me a hassle I'd like to hassle them right back.

But I just accept abuse and shit from others because I don't want to do anything that may cause me to not be able to take care of my mother.

I see other people standing up for themselves everyday and I wonder how they can do that without worrying about the repercussions.

by Anonymousreply 24December 11, 2020 4:33 PM

[quote]Some days I'd like to smack the shit out of my neighbor for letting his dog shit on my lawn.

Nasty neighbor troll. ALERT

by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2020 10:44 PM

OP =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2020 10:47 PM

R1 is watching his dog shit on his neighbor's lawn right now.

by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2020 10:47 PM

Sometimes there is more power in walking away and/or keeping quiet.

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2020 10:51 PM

[quote][R1] is watching his dog shit on his neighbor's lawn right now.

Actually, my neighbor's cat shits in my garden, in the flower beds. Strangely wherever he shits things seem to grow like crazy. But today I caught him and saw him off.

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2020 10:53 PM

R5 Saw him off?

by Anonymousreply 6December 9, 2020 10:55 PM

Accept the things you cannot change, OP. Find some outlets in life that give you creative control and allow you to be free, without being nasty or hurting others.

That being said you can call people out on their bullshit and not put up with everything. Start saying no and stop explaining why.

by Anonymousreply 7December 9, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote][R5] Saw him off?

I guess it's a British expression

by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote]Find some outlets in life that give you creative control and allow you to be free,

He's found it right here

and it usually involves violent interactions with his neighbors

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2020 10:57 PM

I've known people in a position similar to OP's, who resent having had to take care of their parents, who resent not getting accolades for being the martyr who makes a sacrifice of himself, who won't say a peep to his parent/s and feels bossed around and underappreciated... and who takes it all out on anyone who crosses his path.

by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2020 10:58 PM

R8 what does it mean?

by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2020 10:58 PM

[quote][R8] what does it mean?

To see off? To send them on their way.

by Anonymousreply 12December 9, 2020 10:59 PM

op sounds like a "troubled young man" from a 1950s live TV drama.

by Anonymousreply 13December 9, 2020 11:07 PM

Ok. I thought he made done something to the cat. It's not cat's fault. Also, how could a neighbor stop cat from shitting where cat wants to shit?

by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2020 11:07 PM

I'm tired, i'ma dinner jacket!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2020 11:14 PM

R10 is living a care free life while his sibling takes care of their parents. But he will be around for the will reading.

by Anonymousreply 16December 10, 2020 1:52 PM

No, R16, but if thinking that makes you feel better about yourself, enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 17December 10, 2020 8:18 PM

And you're free to continue making generalizations about these imaginary people you claim to know R17.

by Anonymousreply 18December 10, 2020 10:23 PM

Oh, don't be angry, R18, you have your anger and the comfort of your moral superiority.

by Anonymousreply 19December 10, 2020 10:32 PM

DL, have at it. I've been waiting to publicly out these two for long time now.

by Anonymousreply 20December 10, 2020 10:37 PM

[quote]you have your anger and the comfort of your moral superiority

And you have the comfort of your own uninformed opinions of others.

by Anonymousreply 21December 10, 2020 10:41 PM

R19 likes to yell at servers. It's one of the few ways he can feel better about himself.

by Anonymousreply 22December 10, 2020 10:44 PM

There are some eloquent ways to use your words and cut at someone, putting them in their place without having to raise your fists or your voice, and they will remember it for the rest of their miserable lives as you walk away.

by Anonymousreply 23December 10, 2020 10:56 PM

R23 you just described my brother. He was a master of the subtle put down. I never acquired that talent.

by Anonymousreply 24December 11, 2020 4:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!