Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I didn’t know Scott Pilgrim vs. the World was a box office bomb

Shocking considering how much I’ve heard it being talked about. I just looked up the film today and learned that it bombed. I thought it did well.

by Anonymousreply 25December 19, 2020 10:48 PM

It should have done well. It's a brilliant film, with some of the best editing and scene transitions ever...

It's literally my favorite movie. I've seen it fifty times at least. I have the soundtrack too.

It gets better with each viewings. Just love it.

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2020 12:12 AM

The movie is definitely under-appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2020 2:34 AM

NOBODY talked about at steaming pile of shit, it sucked donkey dick.

I loathe Michael Cera.

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2020 2:39 AM

(rolling eyes at R3)

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2020 3:13 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2020 3:18 AM

Never heard of it OP.

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2020 3:26 AM

I don’t understand why the cute blond gay guy actor never had a career. He played gay on Broadway in Spring Awakening too, great voice, lantern jawed, comic flair, there must be some story behind his failure when so many from that show launched careers.

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2020 3:41 AM

I saw it opening weekend and loved it. It must be one of the most well-cast movies ever considering how many people in it went on to have great careers (Chris Evans, Brie Larsen, Anna Kendrick, Keiran Culkin...)

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2020 3:44 AM

Mae Whitman was the best part.

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2020 3:56 AM

I've never heard of it. Did it get any Oscar nominations or win anything?

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2020 4:01 AM

I'm still bummed i missed seeing Scott Pilgrim at the theatres. Brandon Routh was great in this.

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2020 4:02 AM

R8, I think we can add The Social Network to that list.

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2020 4:07 AM

R12 Nothing beats Short Term 12.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2020 4:33 AM

R13, erm, The Social Network does. Andrew Garfield, Rooney Mara, Dakota Johnson plus Armie Hammer, Max Minghella. Not sure if Jesse Eisenberg was already a thing. The casting is really impressive.

by Anonymousreply 14December 10, 2020 3:45 AM

The bro crew tried hard to make Michael Cera happen. Same people who slipped that fat guy -bearish, can't think of his name -past the goalie. I hope we're moving back towards the Robert Redford mode of screen actor. I can see fugs any day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 15December 10, 2020 3:59 AM

Awful title.

by Anonymousreply 16December 10, 2020 4:12 AM

Very accurate depiction of Toronto indie types at the time.

by Anonymousreply 17December 10, 2020 4:42 AM

Saw it in the theater me loved it. Just watched it again this year and it’s as good as ever.

It would have been even better if it had starred anyone but Michael Cera. Of all the fantastical things that happened in that movie, the idea that three cute girls would fight over him was the least believable part. He was such a LOSER! And, well...he looked like Michael Cera.

by Anonymousreply 18December 10, 2020 5:18 AM

R18 well one of them was a high school girl who didn't know any better.

by Anonymousreply 19December 10, 2020 8:10 AM

It's a fantastic film with a comic wit that's harder to achieve than most people appreciate. Its release suffered from having no big names attached and a sensibility rooted in comic books and video games that was easy to dismiss. The fact that it's developed a following over time is a testament to its quality, though.

by Anonymousreply 20December 10, 2020 8:53 AM

One of the worst movies I ever saw

by Anonymousreply 21December 19, 2020 3:48 PM

R21 that’s impossible.

by Anonymousreply 22December 19, 2020 10:12 PM

It's a joy to watch. Too meta and smart for most audiences. Loved the cast, and I think it's one of Edgar Wright's best, with just the slightest edge over Sean Of The Dead.

by Anonymousreply 23December 19, 2020 10:31 PM

This movie was the peak of hipsterism

by Anonymousreply 24December 19, 2020 10:37 PM

It deserved to be a bomb -- overblown, crappy spectacle that took itself too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 25December 19, 2020 10:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!