Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

That '70s Show premiered 22 years ago

When the show debuted in 1998, it was 22 years after the date the first show was set in (1976).

1976 seemed way more different to 1998 than '98 does today, don't you think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2020 5:10 AM

Damn, I was a teen when this came on the air. I watched for the eye candy!

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2020 11:11 PM

Topher was a fantastic bottom.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2020 11:13 PM

^Topher let it all hang out on the streaking episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2020 11:15 PM

I had a recurring dream where Wilmer quit the show and I was cast as a replacement character. At my first read through, everyone was nice to me except for Debra Jo Rupp who was a complete bitch. She was the only actor I was excited to meet and I was so disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2020 11:21 PM

[quote] I had a recurring dream where Wilmer quit the show

At what point did it become known that Fez had huge meat?

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2020 11:25 PM

And I'm proud to say, I've never watched a full episode of this mediocre crap.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2020 11:30 PM

Is this that show with the rapist guy?

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2020 11:40 PM

OP I disagree. 1998 and 1976 seem much more similar than today. Somewhere around 2014 or 2015 it’s like we entered a wormhole to some sort of hell dimension.

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2020 11:40 PM

First TV show to feature a male-on-male kiss. This is the one time I really liked Joseph Gordon-Levitt in something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2020 11:46 PM

I actually preferred the supporting the supporting cast over the leads. Especially Kurtwood Smith, Debra Jo Rupp, Lisa Robin Kelly (RIP), Tanya Roberts and Tommy Chong.

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2020 11:48 PM

Kitty & Red are still the only reasons I watch it.

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2020 11:59 PM

Some decent Hollywood careers started off on this show.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2020 12:30 AM

It's only because YOU yourself likely changed much more dramatically from 1976 to 1998, OP.

Think about it-- in 1998, only a small number of people had a cellphone and that phone was a size of a brick. Internet access was a dial up modem, there was not Netflix, no Amazon, no social media, no Uber, no Airbnb, no Spotify. You listened to music on CDs--Napster wasn't founded until 1999. Rock and "grunge"/alternative were still what mostly got played on the radio. TVs were those 32 inch cubes... I could go on

About the only thing that hasn't changed all that much is clothing and hairstyles. If you watch later episodes of "Friends" the guys clothes are baggier than what people wear now, but they would not look nearly as out of place as if someone dressed in 1976 gear showed up in 1998.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2020 12:39 AM

Young Ashton Kutcher made it worthwhile.

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2020 12:44 AM

I'm roughly the same age as JGL, and had a huge crush on him from Third Rock from the Sun and 10 Things I Hate About You. That kiss episode made me feel giddy. With how much things have changed since then, one easily forgets how unexpected something like this was at the time.

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2020 1:09 AM

R15, yes, it was rather unexpected! Two boys kissing on primetime TV -- unheard of back then.

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2020 1:41 AM

Tommy Chong was awful, but that also was true when he was still working with Cheech marin--the same predictable stoner joeks. Red & Kitty really made the show.

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2020 1:58 AM

Wilmer admitted it during an interview with Howard Stern.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2020 5:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!