Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How Often Do You Wear RL

How often do you choose Datalounge fave, Ralph Lauren, for your fashion? Queens who still think Diesel is cool will be confused by this question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2021 12:17 PM

I'm struggling to understand the difference between "queens who still think Diesel is cool" and "queens who still wear Ralph Lauren clothing"

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2020 2:30 PM

The only people that wear Ralph Lauren are Mexicans that steal peoples clothes out of the donation bin

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2020 2:33 PM

I love the sweaters with Polo Bears on them.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2020 2:39 PM

I wear RL a lot, but only items with the tiny polo player. I don’t like the ones with the huge, hand-sized polo player. I’d prefer items with no logo at all. I hated that about clothing in the 1980s, when people wore branded clothing all the time. My Dad had his own company, and I only wore clothing with our name on it, or no name, or I wore nothing at all.

One time I forgot to bring shorts when I vacationed in Ptown for the week. I just wore my boxer shorts around town. I was probably 25 at the time. Nobody complained.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2020 2:51 PM

I have a lot of RL stuff but nothing with the little polo player. I find the stuff to be of very good quality and have had some things for years. My favorite item is a pair of white boxer briefs that were given to me by a guy I was dating. We were out having dinner at Aquagrill in NYC and started to talk dirty at the table. He went to the restroom and took off the briefs and handed them to me when he came back to the table.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2020 3:00 PM

I only wear "Four Season Complete Landscaping" shirts.

Polo makes you look as if you shop at T. J. Maxx.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2020 3:00 PM

R5 Being handed a part of dirty underpants while I'm eating dinner would make me vomit.

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2020 3:01 PM

All the Mexicans standing in front of Home Depot wear them

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2020 3:03 PM

One thing I like about Polo is they make clothing for tall thin guys. And I have long arms. It was always hard for me to find clothing that fit. Most shirts, for example, expected me to have a much larger waist. We were discussing flying one time and my favorite insult was when a DLer said I was an oversized gorilla that had no business flying coach.

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2020 3:05 PM

Hi OP

It's 1992

I want my Diesel jeans and Ralph Lauren shirts back NOW!

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2020 3:06 PM

I have a few RL items in my closet. Would have answered "occasionally" but OP didn't include that as a survey option.

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2020 3:17 PM

This poll would have been more relevant 35 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2020 3:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2020 3:30 PM

My partner wears it some. Me never, I dont have any. Walmart and K mart dont carry it, and they dont do wifebeaters

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2020 3:37 PM

I don't pay to advertise a company on my body.

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2020 3:52 PM

I like The Big Shirt.

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2020 3:53 PM

Since I'm no longer a teenager in the late 90s, never!!!

by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2020 3:54 PM

Actually, they DO make wife-beaters.

by Anonymousreply 18December 3, 2020 4:24 PM

Anyone who pays for a garment emblazoned with a brand that way is an imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 19December 3, 2020 4:29 PM

It's been watered down for the masses - there's no difference between Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger. It's marked up crap.

Unless you're talking about the high-end line. He makes BEAUTIFUL clothes - with price tags to match. But I don't think you're referring to that.

But I wouldn't buy his high-end stuff either - if I were going to spend that much money, I'd go for Italian designers. Better fabrics and cuts.

by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2020 4:29 PM

I see to love to wear wife beaters when I was in my 20s and 30s and had the bod for it.

by Anonymousreply 21December 3, 2020 5:05 PM

Btw, you know they went bankrupt, right? I think it was last Spring. It was too early to be COVID related, I thought. They dumped their debt and reorganized. No word yet as to whether they will close, or be able to recover.

I’m familiar enough with their sizes that I do most of my ordering onlone, and just return things if they are unexpectedly hideous IRL.

by Anonymousreply 22December 3, 2020 5:09 PM

My art school dropout cum career criminal (but gorgeous ex-teen model) friend told me vintage Diesel is cool right now

by Anonymousreply 23December 3, 2020 5:17 PM

Polo was big in the 80s when I was in college. The only thing of his I had was a pair of chinos. I avoided like the plague those boldly colored shirts with gigantic fake "coats of arms" adorning them. This was among the worst examples of the early 80s understated preppy turn away from 70s exuberance being appropriated and vulgarized back into tacky excess.

by Anonymousreply 24December 3, 2020 5:20 PM

Queen @ OP is confused by his own question. Diesel just hired Glenn Martens to be their new creative director, he’s the current creative director of Y/Project which is arguably one of the coolest labels around. Your question really shows up your lack of knowledge of current developments in the fashion world LOL*.

*Oh I should explain ‘lol’ doesn’t mean “lots of love” OP.

by Anonymousreply 25December 3, 2020 5:24 PM

Diesel still makes quality clothing.

by Anonymousreply 26December 3, 2020 5:25 PM

For philistine OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 3, 2020 5:28 PM

Nothing worse than label queens.

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2020 5:28 PM

My weed smoking cardigan is RL. It’s cableknit wool that needs a shave and a woolite soak (ruins the wool eventually).

I wear that man’s wool clothing daily. Good job! Rugby looked great, but the quality sucked balls. Chaps made me feel like I could sell life insurance to pudgy straight people, pardon myself, and then go jerk off in a bathroom stall of an Applebee’s.

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2020 5:34 PM

Given we're all at home in sweats for the next six months, why is clothing even an issue?

by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2020 5:34 PM

R30 who makes your sweats?

by Anonymousreply 31December 3, 2020 5:36 PM

Ling-Mei Zhang and her team at the Adidas factory outside Guangzhou, R31

Who makes yours?

by Anonymousreply 32December 3, 2020 6:07 PM

Everyday.

But only Purple Label.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2021 12:57 PM

Frankly, people who wear clothing with any kind of designer or corporate logo on them look silly to me. Why are you letting your body become a billboard?

Why not just walk around with a big "PepsiCo" or "Twitter" logo in your shirt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2021 1:01 PM

I have a beautiful belt that I wear sometimes. It's such thick leather, heavy brassware, always looks brand new even though it must have been bought around 2003.

I gave goodwill my shirts with little polo horses on them, too preppy.

I'm still furious they cancelled RL Safari fragrance. I loved that stuff.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2021 1:37 PM

They sold some nice USA made chinos ca. 1990.

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2021 2:30 PM

I can’t believe people are still commenting. DL really does love RL!

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2021 2:33 PM

Passion.

Collection.

Addiction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2021 2:36 PM

I have one Polo shirt, but for the life of me, I didn't know until this thread that Polo was Ralph Lauren.

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2021 2:37 PM

Wearing clothes with the designer's name or logo is tacky. Why should you be a walking advert for them?

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2021 2:45 PM

R2 + R8

hater slime fucker

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2021 2:58 PM

People seem to love wearing clothes with names on them, if not the maker then some school or organization or cause.

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2021 2:59 PM

My old Ralph Lauren shirts are made very well….still have them …still wear them….quality product….and I bought them like 25 years ago……usually on sale because I’m such a cheap fucker…..but I like getting something quality…. cheap

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2021 3:36 PM

OP: Do you have a financial arrangement with Ralph or what?

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2021 3:43 PM

I googled and it seems Diesel jeans still exist and are even sold at Nordstrom

I had not thought of them since high school in the early 00s and even then they were on their way out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 20, 2021 3:43 PM

Maybe they are a revival, like JNCOs....

by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2021 3:45 PM

I wish I did! Certainly wouldn’t be sitting on my sofa looking at DL right now.

by Anonymousreply 47June 20, 2021 4:16 PM

R42

I cut my labels off……I don’t want strangers knowing what size I wear…..it’s personal

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2021 4:20 PM

I like the collared shirts with the small polo logo. They fit me and have held up well. They are comfortable and look much nicer than wearing a t-shirt or tank top.

by Anonymousreply 49June 20, 2021 4:41 PM

A lot. I am always looking out for vintage Ralph in the thrift shops and have collected so many beautiful items. Suede, cashmere, hand-knit wool…

The new stuff doesn’t interest me, as the quality is lacking. The early Ralph is beautifully-made and rarely looks dated.

by Anonymousreply 50June 20, 2021 5:10 PM

Even young guys are wearing Ralph Lauren.

Perfect chino pants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 24, 2021 9:02 AM

Luca Turin says that ROMANCE FOR MEN EdP smells insipid and like expensive nothing, and I believe him.

[quote] "The fragrance is so unmemorable that the only appropriate review is, 'It has a smell.'"

by Anonymousreply 52June 24, 2021 10:15 AM

[quote]Anyone who pays for a garment emblazoned with a brand that way is an imbecile.

And tacky and chavvy. And fat skank OP thought she had a better taste. hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 53June 24, 2021 11:09 AM

R51 he would look better without those pants, I'd gladly pull them down for him

by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2021 12:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!