Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What do you think of the new Ritz cracker commercial??

I’m torn. I kind of hate it. I kind of love it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 13, 2020 4:59 PM

I wonder if the money ever gets to the "queer youth" or if it gets sucked-up by corporate overhead?

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2020 12:24 AM

Gays are Crackers Too!! 🏳️‍🌈

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2020 12:38 AM

In the gay world, the demand for crackers outweighs the supply.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2020 1:21 AM

But will I buy a box of Ritz next time I go shopping?

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2020 1:27 AM

I prefer Club Crackers. But if I am home alone I have put some cheese or peanut butter on a Ritz. But do people really serve them at parties? Seems a bit gauche. But then again Della serves butter on saltines. ;)

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2020 1:30 AM

They have the gay guy putting on lipstick?? WTF? Is that what they think the gays do? We’re not all trans.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2020 7:15 AM

Someone in the editing room should've said, "Be careful, you can trip over too many heartstrings".

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2020 7:47 AM

Why are all the gays wearing full makeup (eye shadow, lipstick and earrings) but dressed in men's clothes and a bag of Xmas decorations and glitter has exploded in there?

Why?

Is this who we are to the straights. Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2020 7:58 AM

I don't hang around with TikTok aged gays so I don't know if they usually wear makeup when they go out, but I suspect a lot of them do. I found a couple of studies saying one third to one half of under-30s would consider wearing makeup, so I'm guessing that's who this ad is for.

Those of us of a certain age remember the brief time in the 90s when "metrosexuals" wore makeup routinely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2020 8:08 AM

[quote]Those of us of a certain age remember the brief time in the 90s when "metrosexuals" wore makeup routinely.

That never happened.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2020 8:18 AM

No. No they didn't R9.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2020 8:20 AM

There are a zillion articles about makeup for the metrosexual, just go look for yourselves, damn. You know guyliner isn't a recent thing, right? It's been around for decades.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2020 8:25 AM

It's more notable how the ad is targeted at lower-socio economic groups, via careful mise-en-scène, casting, and styling. Ritz knows their market.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2020 8:26 AM

Yes but nobody wore it R12.

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2020 8:27 AM

Is Ritz a lower-class thing? I would have placed it as solidly middle class but I'm not up on the socioeconomics of crackers.

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2020 8:30 AM

[quote]You know guyliner isn't a recent thing,

Yeah, and it, and tinted foundation for men never took off -- except amongst that fractional subset of the populous mocked as Clarins Queens --- this despite all those sad articles "Make Up For Men? Why, Yes!" pushed by magazines in payback for cosmetic company advertising.

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2020 8:31 AM

Yes low-class R15.

Middle class use water crackers so you can taste the cheese rather than a Ritz cracker that is full of sugar and salt.

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2020 8:33 AM

Which one is [italic] The Cracker ?

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2020 8:34 AM

Don't worry, R12. Even though you may wear "ever so subtle" he-male foundation to the office, we're sure no one suspects, and you look TREMENDOUS!

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2020 8:36 AM

Why is there not a trans woman of color making Mock Apple pie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2020 8:44 AM

[quote]Is Ritz a lower-class thing?

We don't say "lower-class".

We say "affordable".

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2020 8:47 AM

Basically, Ritz looked at Billy Porter, thought that is who we all are and then put several of him in the commercial.

I appreciate the use of diverse characters but they aren't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. They are marketing a product thinking this will increase sales.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2020 8:51 AM

R21 - Ritz crackers are basically just a small step above Cheetos.

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2020 8:53 AM

Water crackers are gross.

Where do Toasteds fit on this class-based cracker spectrum?

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2020 9:07 AM

I predict sales of this produce will collapse 50 percent. Nobody wants to eat tranny crackers.

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2020 9:28 AM

[quote]Where do Toasteds fit on this class-based cracker spectrum?

Slightly better on the cracker spectrum R24. Especially this variety pack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2020 9:30 AM

It does smack of desperation. One has to imagine their market is being eaten away (no pun intended) by the advent of toasty things of all varieties. Hence the sad attempt to broaden their target base.

by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2020 9:31 AM

I can't imagine anyone serving Ritz crackers and expecting to be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2020 9:33 AM

I'm looking forward to all the other forthcoming ads from products with declining traditional market bases, who decide The Gays are their last hope.

by Anonymousreply 29December 4, 2020 9:35 AM

Melania and Donald Trump would R28.

by Anonymousreply 30December 4, 2020 9:36 AM

Standby for the heart-warming Two Little Male Homemakers ad featuring...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 4, 2020 9:38 AM

Ritz - The Official Cracker of Homeless Shelters and Trans Gatherings.

by Anonymousreply 32December 4, 2020 9:39 AM

Bremner Wafers, at one time made with real lard, used to be my cheese cracker of choice, but they have become hard-to-find. These days, if I eat cheese with carbs, I usually eschew crackers, choosing a soft cheese like St. André and good bread, usually an Italian loaf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 4, 2020 9:49 AM

[quote]R28 I can't imagine anyone serving Ritz crackers and expecting to be taken seriously.

Somehow, this is the most offensive thing I’ve yet read on DataLounge.

Leave Ritz crackers, and those who might enjoy them, alone.

by Anonymousreply 34December 4, 2020 9:51 AM

Agreed R34. The Datalounge Class Anxiety Syndrome has reached new heights of madness. R17 Can't be serious! Who knew crackers had their own social-classrs!

R17 and others, please help us rank the other common crackers on offer:

Sociables

Dare

Matzo

Bremmner Wafers

Savoritz

Pepperidge Farms

Triscuit

Town House

Wheat Thins

by Anonymousreply 35December 4, 2020 10:28 AM

I should have included Cheez-Its

by Anonymousreply 36December 4, 2020 10:32 AM

And the Trader Joe’s assorted crackers, this is DL after all.

by Anonymousreply 37December 4, 2020 10:44 AM

And the upmarket, imported Carr’s Table Water Crackers.

by Anonymousreply 38December 4, 2020 10:46 AM

We can’t all be Sandy Duncan, with her fancy schmantzy Wheat Thins.

by Anonymousreply 39December 4, 2020 10:50 AM

I love it. It’s cheesy, but nice.

by Anonymousreply 40December 4, 2020 10:56 AM

I won't rest until someone tells me if it's socially acceptable to eat Club Crackers, either in individual packs or right out of the box.

by Anonymousreply 41December 4, 2020 11:26 AM

R38 He had already mentioned those as the real middle-class cracker, so I left them off. Besides, they're simple British branded round Matzos anyhow!

by Anonymousreply 42December 4, 2020 11:57 AM

R41 It's perfectly acceptable! Indulge, and enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 43December 4, 2020 11:59 AM

It’s a really good commercial. The haters are bigots, point blank.

by Anonymousreply 44December 4, 2020 12:03 PM

All stereotypes gay men have fought against for decades.

by Anonymousreply 45December 4, 2020 12:03 PM

The ad is cute. Not all of the gays are wearing makeup. And representation matters. I don't need to see myself reflected in everything "LGBTQIA" and I don't need to see myself reflected in cracker commercials.

Ritz crackers are pretty gross but if they're included in a wide assortment of crackers, cheeses, and dips by a host, I don't mind their presence.

by Anonymousreply 46December 4, 2020 12:12 PM

[quote] I can't imagine anyone serving Ritz crackers and expecting to be taken seriously.

Au contraire, Ritz crackers class up any party!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 4, 2020 12:25 PM

Let's be frank: half of DL's fat whores have beds littered with crumbs, so we're working from a low base here.

by Anonymousreply 48December 4, 2020 12:31 PM

Wow - that was one confusing mess of a commercial! I spent the time trying to figure out how the pieces fit together rather than the product they were advertising.

by Anonymousreply 49December 4, 2020 12:41 PM

Gays eating carbs... I don’t buy it!

by Anonymousreply 50December 4, 2020 12:43 PM

Ritz crackers won't ignore text messages like your homophobic mother does.

House of Ritz. The crackers I choose for my chosen family.

Make Christmas at the shelter a little bit brighter with Ritz crackers.

by Anonymousreply 51December 4, 2020 4:22 PM

Everything tastes great when it sits on a Ritz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 4, 2020 5:34 PM

Water crackers taste like cardboard.

by Anonymousreply 53December 4, 2020 6:27 PM

[quote] I predict sales of this produce will collapse 50 percent. Nobody wants to eat tranny crackers.

They’re not tranny crackers. There are no trannies in the commercial. They’re all gay, or what straight people think the gays are. They’re gay crackers.

by Anonymousreply 54December 4, 2020 6:31 PM

[quote] Ritz - The Official Cracker of Homeless Shelters and Trans Gatherings.

It’s a gay gathering, not a trans gathering. All gays wear lipstick, mascara, false lashes, a full face of makeup, earrings, glitter scarves, cocktail dresses, heels. It’s what gays do. 💄💋👠👗

by Anonymousreply 55December 4, 2020 6:35 PM

It might be a “stereotype” but it’s true. Many gay men (especially those who are out) are effeminate. Many do love makeup. And this has been the case for years and years now, and it has been symbolic to the gay movement, and historic. Effeminate gay men (including those who wear makeup) and drag queens have been crucial to our community and our movement.

by Anonymousreply 56December 4, 2020 7:23 PM

I like the commercial, content-wise, but wonder why they're running it now, in the middle of the Pandemic, and no-one is depicted wearing a mask. Totally irresponsible in light of what's about to unleash itself on the world, after the Thanksgiving and Christmas traveling is done.

by Anonymousreply 57December 4, 2020 7:39 PM

The lipstick (or lip gloss...) was weird and unnecessary. Lost me from the start.

by Anonymousreply 58December 4, 2020 7:51 PM

Old money (New England) Cracker Barrel cheese on a plain Triscuit

Old money (NY) Brie on a Carr’s water cracker

Upper Middle Class (Midwest) Sartori BellaVitano on a cracked pepper Triscuit

Middle Class. Boursin on Wheat Thin

Lower Class. Aerosol cheese on a Ritz

by Anonymousreply 59December 4, 2020 8:22 PM

What if you eat them all?

by Anonymousreply 60December 5, 2020 5:43 AM

Are they putting nut-loaf on a Ritz at that elderlez shindig?

by Anonymousreply 61December 5, 2020 5:58 AM

You'll need to reinforce the wheels on your trailer R60.

by Anonymousreply 62December 5, 2020 6:07 AM

Good for them, I guess. But regarding actual snacks, I'd rather have a pretzel thin, a bagel chip, a Triscuit (they NEED to bring back the Cranberry Sage flavor. It was on the shelves for one holiday season, and it never returned), or my all-time favorite: Melba Toast.

by Anonymousreply 63December 5, 2020 6:22 AM

Crackers are inclusive? Lol, okay.

Nice ad - very canny messaging. These people don't give a fuck about you, they give a fuck about selling crackers. The virtue signalling makes me NOT want to buy them.

by Anonymousreply 64December 5, 2020 6:25 AM

R63 - I’m lazy so sometimes dinner is a tub of cottage cheese and a few packs of melba toast. I pretend I’m at a 60s fat farm.

(But no cling peaches, I don’t want to go overboard)

by Anonymousreply 65December 5, 2020 6:27 AM

[quote]They have the gay guy putting on lipstick?? WTF? Is that what they think the gays do? We’re not all trans.

Yes, there are no gay people anymore only "queer" and "trans"! Gays are yucky and even being gay is transphobic!

by Anonymousreply 66December 5, 2020 6:44 AM

OP, only one of those guys is a cracker.

by Anonymousreply 67December 5, 2020 7:01 AM

OP, that advertisement is nauseatingly sentimental.

90% of advertisements are nauseating. 100% are manipulative.

by Anonymousreply 68December 5, 2020 7:07 AM

Why does the carbohydrate industry want our business that desperately after years of pretending we don't exist?

by Anonymousreply 69December 5, 2020 7:10 AM

Because, R69, they're liars and frauds who'd sell their grandmother for a thousand dollars.

by Anonymousreply 70December 5, 2020 7:13 AM

This corporation is using the cheesy slogan "Where There's Love, There's Family".

What does that mean?

Can I use the slogan "Where There's Family, There's Love"?

What a meaningless dopey, incorrect thing to say!

by Anonymousreply 71December 5, 2020 7:16 AM

R65 I ALSO love cottage cheese. I'll eat anything or nothing on Melba Toast. My favorites are cream cheese & pepper jelly, and goood old chèvre. Sometimes, I have a pack with a nice Chef Salad.

by Anonymousreply 72December 5, 2020 7:18 AM

I haven't read all the posts so I apologize. I saw this commercial multiple times in one evening and had no idea of the point: Was the guy trans (because of the lipstick thing)? Was that him being kissed at the table? This commercial was done by someone who didn't know what they were doing but trying to lock into the alphabet soup of sexually identifiable people,,,Trans? Bi? Gay?

by Anonymousreply 73December 5, 2020 7:36 AM

Aldi's has an outstanding boxed cracker assortment, six different selections, including two types of water crackers, for the fabulous price of $2.89.

It should satisfy the DL Gourmands, but I'm certain a few of you lovelies will take precious time to bitch & moan about something being not quite right.

by Anonymousreply 74December 5, 2020 8:21 AM

Has anyone ever made or tasted the Ritz Mock Apple Pie?

by Anonymousreply 75December 5, 2020 8:44 AM

R74 Aldi has many fine crackers. That's why included their Savoritz brand in my lineup. It honestly never occurred to me that any particular cracker belongs to a social class... they're simply crackers.

Aldi's version of the Triscuit tastes better than the name brand to my palate. They have some really nice pita crackers as well.

by Anonymousreply 76December 5, 2020 8:45 AM

R75 I think that recipe is best left in the past, it came out of the depression. Apples aren't scarce or out of reach for most people. I'll try to find you a vid of someone I like making one.

by Anonymousreply 77December 5, 2020 8:48 AM

Let's see what Emmy thinks...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 5, 2020 8:50 AM

Gays don’t eat carbs. Stick to targeting fat straight women, their crotch fruit, and straight men who eat whatever “Karen” buys......

by Anonymousreply 79December 5, 2020 8:50 AM

One millions moms are having none of this!

by Anonymousreply 80December 5, 2020 8:50 AM

Aldi's version or "Ritz" crackers also come in a wheat and a roasted vegetable variety. Really like the roasted vegetable.

Aldi's also has a few knock offs of Girl Scout Cookies for around $1.00 a bag that are as good, or better than the Girl Scout brand.

by Anonymousreply 81December 5, 2020 8:52 AM

R80 Good, I hope they choke on whatever crackers THEY buy.

by Anonymousreply 82December 5, 2020 8:53 AM

[quote]#SmartAldiShopper

Bless. What the poor for, if not to provide us with examples of virtue.

by Anonymousreply 83December 5, 2020 8:54 AM

I'd like to try that Mock Apple Pie.

Real apples aren't always easy to come by in my neck of the woods, especially with this Pandemic thingy going on.

by Anonymousreply 84December 5, 2020 8:56 AM

[quote]Real apples aren't always easy to come by in my neck of the woods

Stop bitchin. If you scrunch up a batch of flies into a ball, and then douse 'em in the green arsenic run off from the plating factory, you've got a Granny Smith worth it's weight in UN rice.

by Anonymousreply 85December 5, 2020 9:02 AM

The plating factory closed down years ago because of the infamous orphan labor scandal.

It's now an Aldi's Super Store.

by Anonymousreply 86December 5, 2020 9:22 AM

What is a water cracker? What is it made of?

by Anonymousreply 87December 5, 2020 10:38 AM

R87 Flour and Water. And just 5% of the salt that you'd find in a Ritz cracker.

by Anonymousreply 88December 5, 2020 10:40 AM

Just flour and water? Why would I need to pay for that?

by Anonymousreply 89December 5, 2020 10:43 AM

Dear R89, don't you know that "Where There's Family, There's Love". It's all in the OP's video.

by Anonymousreply 90December 5, 2020 10:48 AM

If it’s just flour and water, I’m making my own crackers. No way am I wasting money on the fancy stuff.

by Anonymousreply 91December 5, 2020 10:51 AM

Water crackers are the same as Matzo.

by Anonymousreply 92December 5, 2020 10:53 AM

I make my own crispbread with flour, butter, milk and pinch of salt.

The only hassle is cooking it on a vertical griller. It take 90 minutes to make 12 of them.

by Anonymousreply 93December 5, 2020 10:56 AM

What’s a vertical grilled?

by Anonymousreply 94December 5, 2020 11:10 AM

R94 It cooks quicker and distributes the heat more evenly than my fan forced-oven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 5, 2020 11:13 AM

P.S. They're known as 'vertical grillers' because the early models were vertical to allow meat fat to dribble out. My model has a lever so I can adjust the verticality or slant of the two hotplates.

by Anonymousreply 96December 5, 2020 11:17 AM

That’s not vertical. That’s horizontal. I thought you meant like a naan oven where it’s cooked vertically.

by Anonymousreply 97December 5, 2020 11:20 AM

I’m confused by the narrative but the sentiment is sweet

by Anonymousreply 98December 5, 2020 11:33 AM

[quote]Gays don’t eat carbs.

Because of the pandemic cutting back on so much everyday activity, I cut way back on carbs a few months ago. Somehow, I gained seven pounds—an uncomfortable amount of weight for me—and my A1C went up almost a whole point. I don't get it. I think I'm going to go back to pizza, pasta, ice cream, etc., hardly any of which I've eaten in the past few months.

by Anonymousreply 99December 5, 2020 11:41 AM

I made the Ritz Mock Apple Pie once back in the '70s just out of curiosity. It has absolutely no apple or apple flavoring in it, but your palate is tricked into thinking it tastes like apple pie because the texture and the spices are reminiscent of the original.

by Anonymousreply 100December 5, 2020 11:42 AM

Are we losing the point of this thread? I thought it had to do with the sexual orientation presented in the Ritz commercial not the cracker itself!

by Anonymousreply 101December 5, 2020 2:55 PM

Flour and water are used to make paper mache paste.

Or, if you prefer, [italic] papier máché.

by Anonymousreply 102December 5, 2020 3:00 PM

R74. I used those crackers all the time when catering parties on a largish yacht. As well as the prosciutto cheeses and smoked salmon.

by Anonymousreply 103December 5, 2020 3:13 PM

Losing the point is MY specialty.

by Anonymousreply 104December 5, 2020 3:13 PM

Because ...... [italic] Everything tastes better on a Ritz !

by Anonymousreply 105December 5, 2020 3:16 PM

[quote]r78 Let's see what Emmy thinks...

That little gal is an absolute DOLL. I like to think she’s lez.

If only the world were made up of sweet little sugar people like her... plus just a handful of ripe and ready studs : (

There’d be no war, no kitchen cleanup...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 5, 2020 3:22 PM

If it’s true appetite growed Then you should smooth top-pings bestowed As taste befits Put it on a Ritz

Cheeses ripe from cow or a goat Bits of tripe (that’s gut of a shoat) Or some grits Put it on a Ritz

Yes it’s not true meal on which to dine-y But it still tastes good with glass of wine-y Crackers tiny!

Come, let's fix some topped with jelly Or some pick-les from the deli Use what fits Put it on a Ritz

Caviar, anchovies too Any meat but kangaroo Gouda, dip or jam on there Chili rows, that’s if you dare

Use Ritz - and spare tortillas Want switch? Spread criadillas! Peanut butter’s fine For a crumble-y time

So break out your best Bordeaux Open a pack where fine viands go For flavour hits Put it on a Ritz

Hors d’ouvre sliced: add some escargot Miniscule and sloppily joes Perfect fits Put it on a Ritz

Fresh ones crumbled finely in your soup or Tiny shards to stick on your chalupa Or with grouper!

But must watch for salmonella (That’s not fish, though, I must tella) That’s the pits If it’s on a Ritz

Toppings when consumed you thought were super Biding time ‘cus now you’re on the pooper Thrown for loop-a!

In the loo you had to go Let it go thru: what’s laid you low In bathroom sits Botulism hits Got it on a Ritz Got it on a Ritz Got it on a Ritz

‘Nother chance ‘Nother - chance…

Cheese fondue or pimentos Vegemite too, and pilchards so In rationed bits Put it on a Ritz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 5, 2020 3:30 PM

"papier máché"

Oh, cherie!

by Anonymousreply 108December 5, 2020 4:36 PM

I thought that the shaved-head BF looked a bit serial killerish.

by Anonymousreply 109December 5, 2020 4:37 PM

R101, this is what happens when straight women come to this site. They'll turn this place into a recipe blog.

by Anonymousreply 110December 5, 2020 4:59 PM

Yes - gay men never trade recipes here.

by Anonymousreply 111December 5, 2020 7:57 PM

[quote] I wonder if the money ever gets to the "queer youth" or if it gets sucked-up by corporate overhead?

R1, Nabisco is subsidiary of Mondelez, a publicly traded corporation (nasdaq MDLZ).

Did you bother to read the section their annual report that discusses social responsibility areas of focus and philanthropy?

No? Didn't think so. Maybe you could do that instead sounding like a "snarky asshole."

by Anonymousreply 112December 5, 2020 8:30 PM

R106 Glad you enjoy her as well! I find her adorable. She makes some rather unusual recipes. I just watched one vid where she turned saltines into chocolate covered toffee.

by Anonymousreply 113December 6, 2020 7:23 PM

R78 R106 R113 I love watching her videos! And I don't watch any videos for more than 2 minutes due to my short attention span but I watch it all the way through.

I know that she is married as a kid lives in Connecticut and raises bees for their honey. She is also Chinese American. The reason she got the name is that she had an e-commerce site selling products made in Japan, so she called it Emmy made in Japan.

I love the videos where she deep-fries a sunflower and the one where she makes Japanese fruit sandwiches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 6, 2020 8:30 PM

[quote]r78 Glad you enjoy her as well! I find her adorable.

[quote]R114 I love watching her videos!

I do, too!

I first found Emmy when I was obsessing in horror for a while over Sandra Lee’s notorious Kwanza Cake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 6, 2020 9:53 PM

What does her husband look like? Is he Asian or white?

by Anonymousreply 116December 7, 2020 3:35 AM

I’d love a family size box of Chicken in a Biskit crackers right now!

by Anonymousreply 117December 7, 2020 3:59 AM

I love being reduced to a box that must be checked in every commercial, series, film, etc.

by Anonymousreply 118December 7, 2020 4:03 AM

I hate being reduced to a box that must be checked in every commercial, series, film, etc.

by Anonymousreply 119December 7, 2020 4:14 AM

And never forget for ONE SECOND that this is all about selling crackers... tennis shoes... whatever. It'll be about something else trendy and enlightened in a new months. Puke.

P.S. I howled at the strategically placed Ritz crackers next to the phone with its major "Can we talk" plot point. They're not even trying to hide the true intent.

by Anonymousreply 120December 7, 2020 4:21 AM

[quote] a box that must be checked in every commercial

I'm in Australia and ⅔ of all 'hip, cool' commercials now contain a 'hip, cool' character who looks and sounds like an African-American.

by Anonymousreply 121December 7, 2020 4:41 AM

Wouldn’t that be African-Australian?

by Anonymousreply 122December 7, 2020 8:02 AM

^ No. I can tell.

by Anonymousreply 123December 7, 2020 8:35 AM

I just saw this commercial and if this were 1995, GLAAD would have jumped all over Ritz for portraying gay men as “women”, wearing lipstick, etc.. All these archaic stereotypes that gay men have fought for decades. We don’t wear women’s clothes, we don’t wear makeup, we don’t shave our legs. It’s a real shame how far we’ve regressed. Homophobia is back (not that it ever left), but we have to accept it because it’s “progressive”. It’s not.

by Anonymousreply 124December 13, 2020 4:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!