Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

80's New Wave artists aging gracefully

Or some not so gracefully. Inspired by the New Wave threads of late.

This is from 2013 so some of them aren't here anymore. RIP. Ranking Roger of General Public, Chrissy Amphlett of the DiVinyls and David Bowie.

Pet Shop Boys...yikes! It sucks getting old

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2020 4:48 PM

God, Ranking Roger was so handsome. Even when he was ill, he looked good.

I remember Dave Wakeling saying in an interview that he had a sexual relationship with a man and that his wife was going to be pissed at him for saying that in a magazine.

I always imagined it was Roger.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2020 9:22 AM

Robert Smith really needs to find a new look. The smudged lipstick and tousled hair reached its sell-by date sometime during the 90s.

The PSB, Erasure and Jimi Somerville still look fine.

Morten Harket is still hot. My 12-year-old self wasn't wrong.

Sadly, many, many filler and wig tragedies among the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2020 4:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!