Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ellen Page Is Now Elliot Page!

Announced FTM Transition On Twitter 14 Minutes Ago!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601December 2, 2020 10:16 AM

I saw this coming. I figured it was only a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2020 4:27 PM

So what does that mean for Umbrella Academy Season 3?

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2020 4:27 PM

R2 I'm guessing it means they're gonna have Vanya become trans off-screen between the seasons.

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2020 4:28 PM

All butch lesbians and femme gays are a haircut away from becoming trans.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2020 4:30 PM

Whaaat

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2020 4:31 PM

For those DLers that are out of touch or confused, Ellen Page is a famous lesbian actor best known for starring in the film 'Juno' as the title character and more recently as Vanya in Netflix's 'The Umbrella Academy'.

She was a lesbian icon of sorts, one of the few in Hollywood. Now I guess she's, sorry, HE'S a trans icon... or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2020 4:33 PM

The sequel to "Juno" is gonna be off the chain, y'all!

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2020 4:33 PM

Well, gay isn’t as high on the victim totem pole these days.

Ellen “I was straight until no one cared anymore” Page always has to work an angle.

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2020 4:34 PM

Congratulations!

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2020 4:34 PM

If this was 2007 someone would care!

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2020 4:35 PM

Publicly stunt

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2020 4:35 PM

She is 50% forehead.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2020 4:35 PM

[Quote]All butch lesbians and femme gays are a haircut away from becoming trans.

I would say it's mostly butch lesbians of all ages and adolescent gay boys who are most susceptible.

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2020 4:35 PM

I feel so sorry for her. She sounds really fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2020 4:35 PM

BREAKING: Irrelevant has-been actress is now irrelevant has-been actor!

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2020 4:35 PM

She was with Alexander Skarsgard. Does that make him gay now? Or bisexual?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2020 4:36 PM

Stupid bitch. She will learn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2020 4:36 PM

Sam Smith’s new baby daddy?

by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2020 4:37 PM

R17 She's 33, puberty blockers are probably moot at this point.

by Anonymousreply 19December 1, 2020 4:37 PM

Lol r4

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2020 4:38 PM

She has issues.

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2020 4:40 PM

R19 Indeed, but the wheels on the bus are falling off.

by Anonymousreply 22December 1, 2020 4:40 PM

Who wants to bet he'll come out as gay (again)? Twinks on Grindr will start sending front hole pics.

by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2020 4:41 PM

[quote] The sequel to "Juno" is gonna be off the chain, y'all!

It will be called "Jupiter."

by Anonymousreply 24December 1, 2020 4:41 PM

I want to hear about her issues.

by Anonymousreply 25December 1, 2020 4:41 PM

R21, don’t you mean he/they has issues? Don’t misgender him/them.

by Anonymousreply 26December 1, 2020 4:41 PM

R25 don’t you mean his/their issues?

by Anonymousreply 27December 1, 2020 4:41 PM

Get back to us when you buy an elbow skin penis, Ellie.

by Anonymousreply 28December 1, 2020 4:43 PM

Oh. Okay.

by Anonymousreply 29December 1, 2020 4:43 PM

R25 Rumor has it she was raped by an X-Men costar.

by Anonymousreply 30December 1, 2020 4:43 PM

Hmm, yes r14, she sounds fucked up, not like R17 who sounds completely sane.

by Anonymousreply 31December 1, 2020 4:44 PM

R16 The gorgeous Alexander Skarsgard and Jack McBrayer are a couple.

by Anonymousreply 32December 1, 2020 4:45 PM

Fuck this cunt. She bearded and wouldn’t even say she was gay until she stopped being hired. Now she’s adopting a new identity for herself to follow trends.

I’m not going to applaud an confirmed opportunist on their bravery.

by Anonymousreply 33December 1, 2020 4:46 PM

Attention whore. Stop the madness. #droptheT

by Anonymousreply 34December 1, 2020 4:46 PM

With this hairline its probably for the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 1, 2020 4:47 PM

Wonder how his wife feels about this.

by Anonymousreply 36December 1, 2020 4:47 PM

The trans nonsense is a farce. How can someone just decide they’re another gender? She’s given no indications until now. She’s a BUTCH DYKE. Why isn’t that ok anymore? I’m sick of this shit

by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2020 4:47 PM

I've said a version of this on other threads, but ...

"they/them" pronouns have become so passé. They've (ha) lost their edge. They're everywhere.

Here is what fascinates me the most: I have watched several women adopt "they/them" in the past couple of years in and outside of my academic dept (humanities, naturally). What almost all share is an eschewing of stereotypically "feminine" traits/qualities, long before they adopted "they/them". Ten years ago -- or even five years ago -- most would have identified as butch lesbians and called it a day.

I think that's why the ethos of the current trans moment irritates me. (I think the individuals themselves are just swept up in the trend.) It basically says ... there is one way to be a woman, and if I don't fit neatly into that box, I am some other indeterminate "they/them" gender. Instead of saying, "There are many ways to be a woman."

Part of the movement really is sexist, but saying that is verboten, as JK Rowling will tell you ...

by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2020 4:48 PM

I don't know anything about her other than s/he's a lesbian actress, so this catches me ny surprise. She struck me as being on the more feminine side. Maybe because she's so diminutive.

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2020 4:48 PM

[quote] Fuck this cunt. She bearded and wouldn’t even say she was gay until she stopped being hired. Now she’s adopting a new identity for herself to follow trends.

Yep. That's dykes for ya.

by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2020 4:48 PM

I would imagine Emma would have left before the announcement if it was an issue for her, r36.

by Anonymousreply 41December 1, 2020 4:49 PM

Maybe she and Emma are separating but they're not airing that business yet.

by Anonymousreply 42December 1, 2020 4:50 PM

Shit...I hope her wife has a good divorce lawyer. A lesbians's most feared words are "Honey, I am really a man trapped inside a woman's body."

by Anonymousreply 43December 1, 2020 4:51 PM

What convenient timing, to upstage World AIDS Day and the hundreds of thousands of GAY men who died from it.

by Anonymousreply 44December 1, 2020 4:51 PM

lol why are trannies always so miserable? Her coming out tweet is so angry ....accusing gays and lesbians of "blood on our hands.

by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2020 4:52 PM

So Elliot's wife is now in a heterosexual marriage?

by Anonymousreply 46December 1, 2020 4:52 PM

Will he be a straight man and still date women?

by Anonymousreply 47December 1, 2020 4:52 PM

Her Twitter statement says that she's happy to be trans and queer. If this biological female is now a male, what does "queer" mean in that context?

by Anonymousreply 48December 1, 2020 4:52 PM

[quote]What convenient timing, to upstage World AIDS Day and the hundreds of thousands of GAY men who died from it.

Like I said, that's dykes for ya.

by Anonymousreply 49December 1, 2020 4:52 PM

[quote]A lesbians's most feared words are "Honey, I am really a man trapped inside a woman's body."

A lesbian's most feared words are, 'There's cilantro in that nutloaf.'

by Anonymousreply 50December 1, 2020 4:53 PM

If she’s a man why did she accept an Oscar nomination in best ACTRESS categories all these years.

by Anonymousreply 51December 1, 2020 4:54 PM

Oh she not only said she was trans and queer, she said she was trans and non-binary. How the FUCK does THAT work? You're changing your gender but you have no gender?

by Anonymousreply 52December 1, 2020 4:55 PM

She saw where the power was pivoting to and wanted in.

by Anonymousreply 53December 1, 2020 4:55 PM

Stop lying, R45. She says the political leaders who are hostile to trans and work to prevent trans from getting the healthcare they need have blood on their hands.

Fucking hell, R45, you're just a real piece of shit, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 54December 1, 2020 4:55 PM

You hit the nail on the head, R38. There’s no group as rigidly devoted to gender stereotypes as the whole crowd.

“You’re a boy and want to play with a Barbie? Well, we’d better snip off that dick ASAP because you’re clearly no man.”

by Anonymousreply 55December 1, 2020 4:55 PM

Remember she believed Jussie was innocent so we’re not dealing with a rocket scientist here.

Another fucked up child star. News at 11.

by Anonymousreply 56December 1, 2020 4:56 PM

R43, don’t you know that individual sexual orientation is dictated by the mental illnesses of others?

by Anonymousreply 57December 1, 2020 4:56 PM

Does he got a dick yet?

by Anonymousreply 58December 1, 2020 4:58 PM

I predict Frankie Grande will be coming out as trans MTF any day now too. Butch dykes and femme gays are all one haircut/wig away from being trans.

by Anonymousreply 59December 1, 2020 4:59 PM

Hmm, its interesting how *they* (?) immediately launch into the language of victimization (trans violence, etc) rather than saying something more simply like "it's taken me a long time to get in touch with who I really am and I feel like I've finally arrived" (or something like that).

by Anonymousreply 60December 1, 2020 4:59 PM

I hope Elliot finds happiness, but I it's a tough journey ahead.

by Anonymousreply 61December 1, 2020 5:00 PM

Is she off her meds?

I found her playing Vanya to be interesting considering both are mentally ill weirdos who need medication to be normal.

by Anonymousreply 62December 1, 2020 5:01 PM

I told you so. Gay men are women, lesbians are men, and “homosexuality” is a symptom of gender dysphoria.

Welcome to the winning team, Brother Elliott! On behalf of your fellow FTMs, I hope you’ll start wearing Yankee ballcaps and scratching your behind after every beer before Christmas as you enjoy your newfound white heterosexual male privilege.

by Anonymousreply 63December 1, 2020 5:03 PM

I always love when trannys and their enablers spout off about the horrific yearly numbers in trans murders and then it's some tiny number like 40. Bitch, have several seats. Gays, blacks and women hit those numbers on a daily-weekly basis.

by Anonymousreply 64December 1, 2020 5:03 PM

What a mess. I can't read the long post but does that mean hormones, operations, etc. or just calling oneself a male.

by Anonymousreply 65December 1, 2020 5:03 PM

Sam Smith is having a nervous breakdown. What's they gonna to do one up Elliott?

by Anonymousreply 66December 1, 2020 5:03 PM

AAAANNNNDDDD.....her career is now dead after the initial "shock factor" plays out

by Anonymousreply 67December 1, 2020 5:05 PM

How did I sense this?

by Anonymousreply 68December 1, 2020 5:05 PM

R66 I'm telling you, Elliot is gonna ditch the lesbian wife and start dating Sam.

by Anonymousreply 69December 1, 2020 5:05 PM

Women are jumping ship from lesbian right and left. Will there be any left? If Ellen and Rosie transition then it’s game over.

by Anonymousreply 70December 1, 2020 5:05 PM

Got another one!

by Anonymousreply 71December 1, 2020 5:07 PM

This is ridiculous. It’s not like she’s been some tortured soul all these years, living a lie, living as a woman when she really felt like a man. BUNK. She is a woman. She wore glamorous dresses on the red carpet. She was fine with being considered a woman when it came to awards. She’s a tomboy. A dyke. But in our society that isn’t enough anymore. You can’t be a tomboy. You have to be a man now.

There’s a real sickness in our culture. Social media has destroyed the minds of millions of people. The future looks grim.

by Anonymousreply 72December 1, 2020 5:07 PM

Trust and believe, once the initial pity roles run out, she won’t get hired again until she magically detransitions.

Because regardless of gender and sexuality, she’s an opportunist above all else.

by Anonymousreply 73December 1, 2020 5:07 PM

Will she still call herself a lesbian? I wouldn't be suprised.

by Anonymousreply 74December 1, 2020 5:07 PM

How preciously convenient.

by Anonymousreply 75December 1, 2020 5:07 PM

What r36 said. I feel sorry for the partners in this situation. Her wife signed up to be married to a lesbian woman, not a man. But now they are expected to go with it or they are seen as an asshole.

And yes Umbrella Academy basically has no choice but to write this into the show.

by Anonymousreply 76December 1, 2020 5:08 PM

It reminds me of South Park when Mr. Garrison got a sex change and got dumped by Mr. Slave.

by Anonymousreply 77December 1, 2020 5:10 PM

[quote] Oh she not only said she was trans and queer, she said she was trans and non-binary. How the FUCK does THAT work? You're changing your gender but you have no gender?

This. As a society, we suffer from excessive self-absorption.

by Anonymousreply 78December 1, 2020 5:10 PM

How will they write this into the show, though? Isn't the next season supposed to pick up literally RIGHT where the last one left off, given it's a cliffhanger?

by Anonymousreply 79December 1, 2020 5:10 PM

"Page said he loves being trans but is also "scared of the invasiveness, the hate, the 'jokes,' and of violence.""

Well, then, perhaps don't announce it to the media with multiple press releases, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 1, 2020 5:11 PM

Why is it always Americans doing this?

by Anonymousreply 81December 1, 2020 5:11 PM

“Criminalizing trans healthcare” = not forcing physicians to give Pap smears to individuals with dicks and balls.

by Anonymousreply 82December 1, 2020 5:12 PM

Of course Umbrella Academy has to write it in. Making a trans man play a cis woman would be LITERAL VIOLENCE.

I'm guessing the producers of Champions were happy they got canceled before Josie Totah came out as trans for exactly this reason.

by Anonymousreply 83December 1, 2020 5:13 PM

R81, she’s Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 84December 1, 2020 5:13 PM

Page was never much of an actor, so this doesn't have much of an impact for me.

She (ie, Ellen) had a kind of raw charm in JUNO, but that (overrated) little film included a strong ensemble overall and one of Diablo Cody's best scripts. She was dreadful in the last project I saw, the completely unnecessary reboot of TALES OF THE CITY. That was a disappointment in every way, but she was one of the weakest links in it. I haven't seen many of her/his/their other projects.

So I wish him/them the best of luck. But I won't miss Ellen onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 85December 1, 2020 5:14 PM

One of my 15-year-old’s friends just had top surgery to remove her (now him, I guess) breasts. We live in a very liberal suburb and it seems like half the kids are transitioning. It’s hard not to think it’s a fad, which would be fine except for the hormones/surgery.

As a parent there’s no way in hell I’d allow hormones or surgery until my kid was an adult and could make a more informed choice. They can dress however they want and change their pronouns. But I think it’s seriously nuts to let kids take physical steps to trans until they’re adults.

I think a lot of people who transitioned before adulthood. will live to regret it.

by Anonymousreply 86December 1, 2020 5:14 PM

[quote] The trans nonsense is a farce. How can someone just decide they’re another gender?

You can say the same about gays who feel that they were born to have sex with the same gender when there’s no evidence of that. If you think trans people should simply get therapy to be happy in their own skin, the same goes for gays. They should learn to be heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 87December 1, 2020 5:15 PM

I really fucking hate breeders now.

by Anonymousreply 88December 1, 2020 5:15 PM

I somehow overlooked Page at first, and thought we were talking about Ms. Degeneres. The truth is indeed anticlimactic.

by Anonymousreply 89December 1, 2020 5:15 PM

How long until she announces she’s a gay man?

by Anonymousreply 90December 1, 2020 5:17 PM

This will not end well.

by Anonymousreply 91December 1, 2020 5:17 PM

R87 You lost? Your analogy is a stupid as you.

by Anonymousreply 92December 1, 2020 5:17 PM

[quote] I always love when trannys and their enablers spout off about the horrific yearly numbers in trans murders and then it's some tiny number like 40. Bitch, have several seats. Gays, blacks and women hit those numbers on a daily-weekly basis.

Gays have not. Stop making up shit.

by Anonymousreply 93December 1, 2020 5:17 PM

[quote] You lost? Your analogy is a stupid as you.

No it’s not. It’s exactly the same and the rhetoric against trans people is the same rhetoric used against gays for decades. Gay white men are just bitter it’s no longer all about them.

by Anonymousreply 94December 1, 2020 5:18 PM

QT rhetoric is destroying LGB community. SO many gay fem men and butch women thinking they are trans now. So sad, how did it become this way?

by Anonymousreply 95December 1, 2020 5:19 PM

[quote] Rumor has it she was raped by an X-Men costar.

Well obviously that wasn’t me, after all I’m g.....er married!

by Anonymousreply 96December 1, 2020 5:19 PM

R94 So you admit that trans people are taking the limelight of the community and directing the spotlight away from gay men and towards themselves, then?

by Anonymousreply 97December 1, 2020 5:20 PM

[quote] Oh she not only said she was trans and queer, she said she was trans and non-binary. How the FUCK does THAT work? You're changing your gender but you have no gender?

It means he’s keeping his tits and not going to take steroids. He’ll just call himself a boy.

by Anonymousreply 98December 1, 2020 5:21 PM

[quote]Rumor has it she was raped by an X-Men costar.

I would think she would have come out with that the same time she came out with how Brett Ratner outed her and sexually harassed her.

by Anonymousreply 99December 1, 2020 5:21 PM

R94, you’re wrong because it is about gay men. Because every time some “queer” (straight) white girl with a history of self-injury and a serious personality disorder spouts some absolutely unreasonable and insane rhetoric on behalf of the “LGBT community” WE have to deal with the backlash after they get married to men, have crotchfruit, and start voting Republican.

by Anonymousreply 100December 1, 2020 5:22 PM

They have already changed all the pronouns on her Wiki page. It now reads like total nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 101December 1, 2020 5:23 PM

If she's a man then I'm Miss Black America.

by Anonymousreply 102December 1, 2020 5:23 PM

[quote] Rumor has it she was raped by an X-Men costar.

In fairness I once mistook her for a 13 year old boy too.

by Anonymousreply 103December 1, 2020 5:23 PM

R95 It became this way through the resurgence of conservative gender rhetoric. Girls like pink, boys like blue, girls like barbies, boys like trucks, girls wear dresses, boys wear pants, girls like boys, boys like girls. Around the time of gay marriage being legalized conservative gender theory became popular opinion again, which is why there's been a spike in butch lesbians and femme gays thinking they're trans. They look at the blue = boy, pink = girl model and think they must have been born the wrong gender. It's awful.

by Anonymousreply 104December 1, 2020 5:23 PM

If Ellen Page was raped, BELIEVE ME we would’ve heard about that. She’s a professional victim at this point.

by Anonymousreply 105December 1, 2020 5:24 PM

Maybe the "sexual harassment" she's always talking about was really a rape and she's just sugar coating it or changing the terminology so that it fits headlines better.

by Anonymousreply 106December 1, 2020 5:25 PM

[quote] You can say the same about gays who feel that they were born to have sex with the same gender when there’s no evidence of that. If you think trans people should simply get therapy to be happy in their own skin, the same goes for gays. They should learn to be heterosexual.

Being gay does not require hormones, name changes, or surgery you daft cunt.

by Anonymousreply 107December 1, 2020 5:25 PM

R104, it’s conservative gender theory perpetuated by the far left, which is even more insane. I guess the horseshoe theory is true.

by Anonymousreply 108December 1, 2020 5:27 PM

[quote] I'm guessing the producers of Champions were happy they got canceled before Josie Totah came out as trans for exactly this reason.

I'm guessing if Champions was still on the air, Totah would have felt no need to trans.

by Anonymousreply 109December 1, 2020 5:27 PM

If To Kill A Mockingbird was written today Scout would probably be trans, considering she was a tomboy.

by Anonymousreply 110December 1, 2020 5:28 PM

R48 Queer is like a word for LGBT+ So a straight trans person is still queer

by Anonymousreply 111December 1, 2020 5:29 PM

Why would the show have to change the character, though? Can’t she be a man acting a female role? Wigs and makeup are still a thing. She’s an ACTRESS.

by Anonymousreply 112December 1, 2020 5:29 PM

R108 We've always known Horseshoe Theory to be true, we just never thought it would end up like this.

by Anonymousreply 113December 1, 2020 5:29 PM

Totah is from a part of Israel illegally occupied by gentiles and their homophobia, R109. He was already on hormones when the show was in production.

[quote][R48] Queer is like a word for LGBT+ So a straight trans person is still queer

And it's still hate speech so it should still be banned and so should all this tr-ns shit.

by Anonymousreply 114December 1, 2020 5:30 PM

Rape doesn’t change your gender or sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 115December 1, 2020 5:31 PM

I remember when Chaz was transitioning. With the hormones Chaz was changing and not just physically. It put a lot of strain on the relationship. They tried to work it out, but eventually the girlfriend left. I would think there would be a lot of therapy for both people.

by Anonymousreply 116December 1, 2020 5:31 PM

I'm sure The Umbrella Academy doesn't mind her being trans. The show was losing its steam and now they have a new angle. They don't have to write Vanya a new storyline now, the trans thing can be for this season what the lesbian romance was for last season.

by Anonymousreply 117December 1, 2020 5:31 PM

BAD idea! She's a teensy little thing even compared to other women, she will never as long as she lives resemble an adult male.

Don't the one who shows the world what it's like to be a transperson who can't pass, honey, not in the full glare of the media.

by Anonymousreply 118December 1, 2020 5:31 PM

R86 Not your choice. Multiple court cases have been fought and lost over this issue. Parents trying to keep their teenagers off hormones lose every time.

Planned Parenthood gives out cross-sex hormones to teenagers as young as 15 without parental knowledge or consent. If you have a 15 year old who decides that they’re transgender they can easily get hormones without you even knowing about it.

by Anonymousreply 119December 1, 2020 5:31 PM

R115 Of course not, but it does give you a lot of mental baggage and severely damage your view of your body, your identity, and yes even your gender. It's not implausible that gender dysphoria could be a by-product of rape.

by Anonymousreply 120December 1, 2020 5:32 PM

I have known many FTM over the years, before it was trendy. I have always supported them. MTF on the other hand, have zero interest in them.

by Anonymousreply 121December 1, 2020 5:32 PM

[quote] So you admit that trans people are taking the limelight of the community and directing the spotlight away from gay men and towards themselves, then?

Wow, you are pretty needy, aren't you? The Gay Community isn't as needy as you make it out to be. I most certainly am not.

by Anonymousreply 122December 1, 2020 5:32 PM

She's married to a woman and apparently doesn't want to think of herself as a gay woman but rather as a misconfigured male.

by Anonymousreply 123December 1, 2020 5:33 PM

[quote][R108] We've always known Horseshoe Theory to be true, we just never thought it would end up like this.

And that horseshoe is on the hoof of a bull who thinks he's a horse.

by Anonymousreply 124December 1, 2020 5:33 PM

This is great news for all of us. It’s a shame it brought out all the trolls like sharks sensing blood, but that’s just DL now I guess. Troll Central.

by Anonymousreply 125December 1, 2020 5:34 PM

Poor gal hasn’t been properly laid.

by Anonymousreply 126December 1, 2020 5:35 PM

R122 Clearly not as needy as the trans community, or else there wouldn't be a reason for gays to not be "the center of attention anymore" as you so eloquently put it.

by Anonymousreply 127December 1, 2020 5:35 PM

How does one know if they're either a Masculine Lesbian or a Trans Man? How does one know if they're either a Feminine Gay Man or a Trans Woman?

Are Femme Gays & Butch Lesbians being erased from civilization?

by Anonymousreply 128December 1, 2020 5:35 PM

R125 is a troll for calling gay men trolls for condemning the Woke Homophobia of the tr-ns cult.

by Anonymousreply 129December 1, 2020 5:36 PM

R122 What do you mean by "I most certainly am not", because if you're trying to convince us that you're a gay man and not a trans person pretending to be a gay man you're failing miserably.

by Anonymousreply 130December 1, 2020 5:36 PM

R128 In short answer yes, butch lesbians and femme gays are being erased and are a thing of the past.

by Anonymousreply 131December 1, 2020 5:37 PM

R131: And when they're done eliminating those, they'll come for the rest of us. They will grasp at any straw to do so, even argue that being penetrated equals being female in order to justify castrating boys.

by Anonymousreply 132December 1, 2020 5:38 PM

People love to complain about "masc-for-masc" culture in the gay community and demonize masculine gay men as a byproduct of "toxic masculinity" but then turn around and try to convince femme gays that they're women trapped in men's bodies. I don't get it. They bitch about the lack of femme gays or the rejection of femme gays in the gay community but then try to turn every femme gay into a trans woman.

by Anonymousreply 133December 1, 2020 5:39 PM

I saw this pop up in my phone news feed and work and immediately thought I CAN'T WAIT FOR A BREAK TO GO ON DATALOUNGE to read the cunty comments. Thanks for not letting me down!!!

You know Rose McGowan is PISSED she didn't think to BE a tranny rather than just date one.

She misses Alexander's dick. Honey they all go back to dick. Her. Sia. Anne Heche. Ani DiFranco. The only thing she's transitioning to is back to dick.

by Anonymousreply 134December 1, 2020 5:40 PM

[quote]If To Kill A Mockingbird was written today Scout would probably be trans, considering she was a tomboy.

When she was younger Paige you have made a good Scout.

by Anonymousreply 135December 1, 2020 5:40 PM

If Jason Bateman supports this he is dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 136December 1, 2020 5:42 PM

I could not care less than posting that I could not care less.

by Anonymousreply 137December 1, 2020 5:42 PM

Sure as fuck seems that way R131. My takeaway from all of this Trans nonsense is that supposedly I'm not a real man because I'm Gay. And that my only hope of being "normal" is to turn myself into some grotesque version of a woman with surgery & manufactured hormones.

by Anonymousreply 138December 1, 2020 5:42 PM

Apparently being gay isn't enough.

They'll be better off killing off Page's character.

by Anonymousreply 139December 1, 2020 5:43 PM

Wow, it's almost as if the trans trend is just a plot to turn gay men and women into heteros (at least on paper). Notice how it's never people in straight relationships becoming trans, only ever gay men and lesbians. Hm...

by Anonymousreply 140December 1, 2020 5:43 PM

R139 They definitely won't kill of Page's character, they'd be crucified on social media and in the news for it.

by Anonymousreply 141December 1, 2020 5:43 PM

Where does the concept of “dead naming” come from?

by Anonymousreply 142December 1, 2020 5:44 PM

[quote] So you admit that trans people are taking the limelight of the community and directing the spotlight away from gay men and towards themselves, then?

[quote] Wow, you are pretty needy, aren't you? The Gay Community isn't as needy as you make it out to be. I most certainly am not.

[quote] Clearly not as needy as the trans community,

That's hilarious. You act like a little kid who got his toy taken away. "Mom! I want my spotlight back!". Your argument is as valid as Trump suing states for voter fraud.

by Anonymousreply 143December 1, 2020 5:45 PM

r140 Straight men do become trans and go after women as lesbians. In fact I think there's more trans women going after lesbians than lesbians. That's how bad it's gotten.

by Anonymousreply 144December 1, 2020 5:45 PM

Either a) there are "male" and "female" brains that get accidentally placed in the wrong gendered body or b) enough already with gay erasure, trying to get every queer person to transition. I think Ellen Page is probably a bit nuts.

by Anonymousreply 145December 1, 2020 5:46 PM

R141 Ok, maybe just find another way to write out the character.

by Anonymousreply 146December 1, 2020 5:46 PM

[quote]Notice how it's never people in straight relationships becoming trans

Au contraire, mon frere.

by Anonymousreply 147December 1, 2020 5:47 PM

R146 They won't do that either, not unless it's Page's decision to leave the show. One wrong move and the show and everyone responsible for it gets labeled as transphobic. It's walking on eggshells, they have to leave her in.

by Anonymousreply 148December 1, 2020 5:48 PM

[quote] They definitely won't kill of Page's character,

Elliot could play one of the new students who appeared in the final moments of season 2's cliffhanger or come up with some creative way to tie both groups (new vs. old students) through Vanya and ... Vladislav.

by Anonymousreply 149December 1, 2020 5:49 PM

R148: The TP word is an anti-gay anti-woman slur and it's time to treat it as one.

by Anonymousreply 150December 1, 2020 5:50 PM

Sorry, tie both groups together

by Anonymousreply 151December 1, 2020 5:50 PM

I'll never understand why conservatives hate trans people and don't see them as allies. They're erasing the gay community with far more efficiency than AIDS ever could. You'd think that conservatives would welcome them with open arms for the work they're doing with making gays and lesbians a thing of the past.

by Anonymousreply 152December 1, 2020 5:50 PM

R148, she better save those paychecks. She was barely working as a girl. She’ll work less as a man.

by Anonymousreply 153December 1, 2020 5:51 PM

And the final kick in the balls (Yes I still have mine) is that once these Trans "Men & Women" transition, they claim Hetero and hold that over the heads of us lowly Gays. After using our fucking platform to advance their nonsense!

by Anonymousreply 154December 1, 2020 5:51 PM

[quote]I remember when Chaz was transitioning. With the hormones Chaz was changing and not just physically. It put a lot of strain on the relationship. They tried to work it out, but eventually the girlfriend left. I would think there would be a lot of therapy for both people.

Someone I used to work talked with me about a couple they had met while waiting in line at the DMV, two women and one was beginning therapy to transition to male. Every so often I'd meet up with my friend and I'd ask how that couple was doing and eventually the trans partner started taking T and made their full transition. What was interesting was how much the trans partner changed from when they were female. Not just physically but he turned into a "typical" asshole guy, as if he'd never been a woman and never experienced anything a woman has to go through.

I do think some people so reject not their body but the place they hold by virtue of the privilege or lack of privilege their birth sex gives them they demand to live as the opposite sex.

by Anonymousreply 155December 1, 2020 5:52 PM

Very happy for him! Awesome that he felt comfortable enough to do this

by Anonymousreply 156December 1, 2020 5:53 PM

[quote] Rape doesn’t change your gender or sexual orientation.

R115, you're absolutely right. But I think it can make some people who already have psychological issues think this could be a solution to their problem. If they become a man then they take their power back and somehow this is some twisted sense of revenge.

by Anonymousreply 157December 1, 2020 5:53 PM

Wow...she was terrific as Evita and now she can do the role of Che. If she does, it'll be some kind of first.

by Anonymousreply 158December 1, 2020 5:53 PM

TRANS IS BEAUTIFUL!

by Anonymousreply 159December 1, 2020 5:54 PM

Sad, I think she is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 160December 1, 2020 5:55 PM

R158 When did Ellen Page play Evita?

by Anonymousreply 161December 1, 2020 5:55 PM

Lmfao R157 is the stupidest thing I've read in a long time.

No, it is not common for female rape victims to consider transitioning to men

by Anonymousreply 162December 1, 2020 5:56 PM

R160 No shit, Sherlock.

by Anonymousreply 163December 1, 2020 5:56 PM

[quote]I'm guessing if Champions was still on the air, Totah would have felt no need to trans.

When Totah wrote her coming out essay for Time she wrote about how dismayed she was that people assumed she was a gay boy when she knew all along she was a girl. Imagine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164December 1, 2020 5:56 PM

[quote][R158] When did Ellen Page play Evita?

Centuries ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165December 1, 2020 5:57 PM

[quote]One of my 15-year-old’s friends just had top surgery to remove her (now him, I guess) breasts. We live in a very liberal suburb and it seems like half the kids are transitioning. It’s hard not to think it’s a fad, which would be fine except for the hormones/surgery.

When I was at school girls dreamed of having a boob job to make themselves more feminine. Now they dream of a double mastectomy.

by Anonymousreply 166December 1, 2020 5:58 PM

R140 That's not true at all. Maybe for lesbians, most that come out as FTM are dating women. Bit for MTF, a lot, probably majority are also with women, have wifes

by Anonymousreply 167December 1, 2020 5:58 PM

Totah was creepy before the trans. Now he's insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 168December 1, 2020 6:00 PM

And another butch lesbian role model disappears. What a load of self-indulgent privileged rubbish.

Love that Elaine Paige is trending in the UK

by Anonymousreply 169December 1, 2020 6:01 PM

Sorry cunt..you are NOT a man. You have no balls and the DNA doesn't lie. You are, in fact, severely mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 170December 1, 2020 6:03 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171December 1, 2020 6:03 PM

Will she be part of the crowd that says gay men not wanting to have sex with a "man" who has tits and a vagina is transphobia?

by Anonymousreply 172December 1, 2020 6:04 PM

This person is the worst part of the umbrella academy. I can’t even watch the show because of her.

by Anonymousreply 173December 1, 2020 6:04 PM

The Wikipedia page for the 2007 Oscars already has a disclaimer

[quote]A^ : Elliot Page was nominated before his gender transition in 2020.

Does this now mean Hard Candy with the gorgeous Patrick Wilson gets shunted into the GAY INTEREST section?

by Anonymousreply 174December 1, 2020 6:05 PM

R172 She'll likely still date women

by Anonymousreply 175December 1, 2020 6:06 PM

It’s sad R4.

by Anonymousreply 176December 1, 2020 6:07 PM

Trans is beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 1, 2020 6:07 PM

Nooooo! She was so cute with a pretty face. Will she take hormones and grow a beard, muscles, and go bald now? This makes me sad. Why can’t she just stay a lesbian? It’s her choice and whatever makes her happy but she’s like 4’9”. That will be a little guy.

by Anonymousreply 178December 1, 2020 6:07 PM

R169 S/he was never butch. A tomboy

by Anonymousreply 179December 1, 2020 6:09 PM

He/they? She's just getting greedy now. Stay in lane, you attention grabber.

If you told me when I was 18 that in the brave future, people would be saying I'm a "they," I would have thought you were out of your mind.

by Anonymousreply 180December 1, 2020 6:09 PM

Makes me appreciate Jodie Foster more. With all of her femme butch charm.

by Anonymousreply 181December 1, 2020 6:09 PM

I hate when people try to take more than one pronoun

by Anonymousreply 182December 1, 2020 6:09 PM

[quote] Lmfao [R157] is the stupidest thing I've read in a long time. No, it is not common for female rape victims to consider transitioning to men

R162, you are an idiot. I didn't say it was common. It is, however, akin to female rape or incest victims who try to make themselves unattractive and undesirable to those who have victimized them. You will find those victims, for instance, deliberately gaining weight thinking that will make them undesirable. Belief that transing into a man is the ultimate turn-off to their abuser or potential future abusers will protect them from further abuse may be psychologically unhealthy be it has a certain naive logic to it. Or it would have a logic to it if they understood their abusers better. Men who abuse do not care what you call yourself and usually don't care what you look like. You are still a female to them.

There, was that such a stretch for you to understand? Not all rape victims are psychologically healthy to begin with and they are often targeted as easy prey.

by Anonymousreply 183December 1, 2020 6:11 PM

No legit trans man would have ever been comfortable parading in public in dresses and make up. She's a fraud, a failed woman scared to live this life as a woman. Her body is fine, society isn't. She's a wimp, period.

by Anonymousreply 184December 1, 2020 6:11 PM

My theory is that the whole "Trans Movement" is a farce funded by Big Pharma and legitimized by their lackeys in the MSM and government. By convincing all Gays that we aren't actually Gay but members of the opposite sex, Big Pharma/The Medical Industry stands to make hundreds of billions of dollars every year in hospital fees and hormone/medication sales.

by Anonymousreply 185December 1, 2020 6:11 PM

It's like all things 2020, it gets weirder and weirder and even more out of control. I'm waiting for a massive tsunami or a planetoid tonight the earth.

by Anonymousreply 186December 1, 2020 6:12 PM

This is what the other Ellen has to do to be loved again.

by Anonymousreply 187December 1, 2020 6:12 PM

She's Canadian. Will her transformation include a stanksleeve?

by Anonymousreply 188December 1, 2020 6:12 PM

[quote]Will she take hormones and grow a beard, muscles, and go bald now?

For now he hasn't said that he'll transition - he's just doing self-id'ing. I doubt there will be hormones involved. He'll just double down on dressing like a lumberjack the way he's did during the Season Two promo for The Umbrella Academy.

by Anonymousreply 189December 1, 2020 6:12 PM

R164: The last thing America needs in its moment of crisis is a jailbait Jamie Farr.

by Anonymousreply 190December 1, 2020 6:12 PM

Why do people have to change their names when they transition?

Glenn Close, Daryl Hannah, Mandy Patinkin, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Dana Carvey

NAMES ARE NON BINARY!

by Anonymousreply 191December 1, 2020 6:12 PM

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME I request my privacy during this difficult time

by Anonymousreply 192December 1, 2020 6:12 PM

This isn't craziness, it's self-obsession.

None of us fit 100% into a stereotype of what a man should be, what a black person should be, what a gay man should be. It used to be that we all just dealt with the difference between who we are and the expectations on us.

Now, that's gone out the window. Millennials and Get Z are incapable of seeing the need for generalities. All they see is themselves. So now you have to read everyone's proudly curated user's manual before you can interact with them in any way.

by Anonymousreply 193December 1, 2020 6:12 PM

I'm confused. Is he FTM or was she MTFTM?

by Anonymousreply 194December 1, 2020 6:14 PM

Will gays and lesbians feel a pressure to transition?

by Anonymousreply 195December 1, 2020 6:14 PM

Gorgeous Trans Men

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196December 1, 2020 6:15 PM

Strip her of all her awards and accolades she got as an ACTRESS. If she’s a man then that means she committed category fraud.

by Anonymousreply 197December 1, 2020 6:17 PM

I blame Marlo Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 198December 1, 2020 6:18 PM

R169, this one's for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199December 1, 2020 6:20 PM

[quote] now you have to read everyone's proudly curated user's manual before you can interact with them in any way

I love this.

by Anonymousreply 200December 1, 2020 6:22 PM

As a gay man, I have never once considered the idea of becoming a woman. The thought of all that surgery, hormone treatments and having my penis shaped into a vagina is stuff of nightmares. That said, anyone who goes into that transition eyes open aware of all the hardships they will face must legitimately feel and know their insides don't match the outside and that must be a terrible feeling. Which leads me to believe th le need for transitioning is legitimate and very real thing. I don't understand why so many doubt the experiences of trans people. Who would go through all that just for attention or because they are crazy? The naysayers are the crazy ones. All that said, I do feel trans rights and gay rights are two very separate paths/struggles and shouldn't be lumped together. Sexual orientation and gender expression are in no way related in my mind and lumping us together leads to misconception of both groups. Namely that all gays and lesbians want to be the opposite genders or that trans people are just confused and mentally Ill gays and lesbians. I think we'd avoid a lot of conflict by making a clear separation of the two. Just my thoughts!

by Anonymousreply 201December 1, 2020 6:23 PM

Fabulous Elliot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202December 1, 2020 6:23 PM

Can I have your clothes?

by Anonymousreply 203December 1, 2020 6:24 PM

Seems it is easier to transition from MTF than FTM. They are not able, at this time, to construct a functioning penis for FTM's.

by Anonymousreply 204December 1, 2020 6:26 PM

[quote] I'm confused. Is he FTM or was she MTFTM?

They are MTM and they're gonna make it after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205December 1, 2020 6:28 PM

Show me where in the Bible it says turning a pole into a hole is part of God's plan.

by Anonymousreply 206December 1, 2020 6:28 PM

Going binary is the thing to do for gays. There are no rules about how you dress yet you get to change pronouns and be the center of attention.

Going female to male is easy. Who knows if Page will even have her tits cut offs

by Anonymousreply 207December 1, 2020 6:28 PM

We are already being ordered not to DEADNAME the person who, until 20 minutes ago, we all knew as Ellen Page.

[quote]We are delighted @TheElliotPage, star of Juno & The Umbrella Academy, loves being trans & is sharing that part of himself. We urge journalists and media outlets to treat Elliot with respect & not deadname them. You can clearly identify Elliot to your audience by highlighting the projects he is best known for. There is no reason to deadname them in your coverage today or in the future.

by Anonymousreply 208December 1, 2020 6:29 PM

[quote] Show me where in the Bible it says turning a pole into a hole is part of God's plan.

We can’t but we can’t show you where two men fucking is said to be an abomination.

by Anonymousreply 209December 1, 2020 6:29 PM

Hot Chad Bono!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210December 1, 2020 6:30 PM

Whereas the word gay is automatically treated like pornography.

by Anonymousreply 211December 1, 2020 6:30 PM

[quote] Which leads me to believe th le need for transitioning is legitimate and very real thing. I don't understand why so many doubt the experiences of trans people. Who would go through all that just for attention or because they are crazy?

“Who would go through all that just for attention?”

1. Do you know any narcissists? Anyone with bipolar or borderline? Do you know any people who have lied to get things they want?

“ [The] need for transitioning is legitimate and very real thing. I don't understand why so many doubt the experiences of trans people.”

2. Is the need to starve themselves legitimate to the anorexic? Is the need to vomit up food legit to the bulimic? Are the voices heard and hallucinations seen by the schizophrenic real? Explain how *feeling* you should be the opposite sex is somehow different than the feelings experiences by any of the above. Are our feelings ever wrong?

by Anonymousreply 212December 1, 2020 6:30 PM

[quote]Seems it is easier to transition...

Then be gay or lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 213December 1, 2020 6:31 PM

One of his best movies. Portends the future if we don't protect our antiquated electrical grid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214December 1, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote]We are delighted @TheElliotPage, star of Juno & The Umbrella Academy, loves being trans & is sharing that part of himself. We urge journalists and media outlets to treat Elliot with respect & not deadname them. You can clearly identify Elliot to your audience by highlighting the projects he is best known for. There is no reason to deadname them in your coverage today or in the future.

This is utter bullshit.

This person was nominated for a acting Oscar in a sex segregated category, they played real life women in biopics, they used to be a lesbian, they were a very high profile person.

Are the Oscars going to remove all footage of Marion Cotillard winning because Mr Page might get upset?

by Anonymousreply 215December 1, 2020 6:33 PM

R210 I think poor person has an excuse for being so mentally and physically messed up.

Living with that name must have been onerous and that awful mother must have made life doubly-onerous.

by Anonymousreply 216December 1, 2020 6:33 PM

R208 if you deadname xhir you are LITERALLY KILLING xhir!

by Anonymousreply 217December 1, 2020 6:34 PM

[quote] Now, that's gone out the window. Millennials and Get Z are incapable of seeing the need for generalities.

Caitlyn, Chaz, and Laverne are not Millennials nor Gen Z, dear.

by Anonymousreply 218December 1, 2020 6:34 PM

I called this several years ago here on DL and I was flamed out of existence......next up Shawna Mendes!

by Anonymousreply 219December 1, 2020 6:34 PM

You missed the point R213. If you are going to quote someone quote the whole sentence.

by Anonymousreply 220December 1, 2020 6:35 PM

She annoyed me at Juno. She has always irritated me.

by Anonymousreply 221December 1, 2020 6:35 PM

Let. People. Be. Who. They. Are.

by Anonymousreply 222December 1, 2020 6:36 PM

[quote] It's like all things 2020, it gets weirder and weirder and even more out of control. I'm waiting for a massive tsunami or a planetoid tonight the earth.

You copied and pasted this from Free Republic.

by Anonymousreply 223December 1, 2020 6:37 PM

And if you transphobic cisf@gs don't nail her in her dude-donut with your cispenises, then that's because you're transphobic transphobes who need to transition. Uwu, you father fuckers!

by Anonymousreply 224December 1, 2020 6:37 PM

Literally nothing is changing except her name and pronouns.

by Anonymousreply 225December 1, 2020 6:38 PM

R222 I can't understand your post without the obnoxious claps 👏 between each word to make it REALLY condescending.

by Anonymousreply 226December 1, 2020 6:38 PM

[quote]If you are going to quote someone quote the whole sentence.

Don’t need to.

by Anonymousreply 227December 1, 2020 6:39 PM

R225 have you confirmed this with xhir? How dare you assume her plans!

by Anonymousreply 228December 1, 2020 6:40 PM

R225 have you confirmed this with xhir? How dare you assume her plans!

by Anonymousreply 229December 1, 2020 6:40 PM

It was a real missed opportunity not to go by Allen Page.

by Anonymousreply 230December 1, 2020 6:40 PM

Actually you do because you changed the meaning of the sentence.

by Anonymousreply 231December 1, 2020 6:40 PM

🤭 R230.

by Anonymousreply 232December 1, 2020 6:41 PM

Allen Degeneres has a nice ring to it.

by Anonymousreply 233December 1, 2020 6:41 PM

R212 Anorexics /Bulemics aren't born wanting to starve themselves. Typically some outside source/trauma led to their disorder. whereas most trans people have felt they were in the wrong bodies since they can remember. Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that can be seen through brain patterns etc, so in a sense those voices are real to them, and honestly I don't see what that has to do with anything. Also, couldn't your same arguments be used against us? Just because you feel like you want to suck a dick or take it up the ass doesn't legitimize your gayness. You can abstain from same sex interactions and still live your life. You just FEEL the need to pursue those things. When did feeling something become a bad thing?

by Anonymousreply 234December 1, 2020 6:42 PM

A comment on Deadline.

Yes we all know his dead name, but we need to stop using it in all shape and form. He is Elliot, he was Elliot when he was in Juno and even before that. Its just that no one knew he was Elliot back then.

by Anonymousreply 235December 1, 2020 6:43 PM

[quote]Just because you feel like you want to suck a dick or take it up the ass doesn't legitimize your gayness.

Oh my. You’re not homophobic in the least.

by Anonymousreply 236December 1, 2020 6:44 PM

What will he be called now? Ethan Page? Evan Page? Bruce Page?

by Anonymousreply 237December 1, 2020 6:44 PM

It's the start of a new chapter.

by Anonymousreply 238December 1, 2020 6:46 PM

There are always the extremists. Getting upset that articles let their readers know to that Elliot is the person who used to be called Ellen is the height of ridiculous. Find something serious to get upset about.

by Anonymousreply 239December 1, 2020 6:46 PM

Also, and most importantly, how does this affect you? Why do you care what a trans person does with their body? That is no more acceptable than a politician wanting to legislate who gyas and lesbians should be fucking or not fucking. It is none of your business and doesn't harm you so stay out of it. If you don't agree with transitioning, then dont transition nad leave it at that. Trying to delegitimize and vilify them makes you no better than homophobes who want to strip us of our rights. How do you not see the irony and hypocrisy of your position?

by Anonymousreply 240December 1, 2020 6:48 PM

...of a very boring and annoying book.

by Anonymousreply 241December 1, 2020 6:48 PM

R45 Gays are passė, especially gay men. Apparently gay men are guilty of all the trans people being murdered. Gay men are the devil. Gay men are not even oppressed anymore according to NUS. Never mind the fact that more gay men are victims of hate crimes than any other of the letters in LGBT (yes, even T). Never mind that thousands, more like millions of gay men have died of AIDS and many gay men still live with HIV. Gay men are still the devil I guess. This cunt will get praised for her bravery for coming out as a man and spitting in gay men's faces on world's AIDS day. Fuck her right in her very female cunt.

by Anonymousreply 242December 1, 2020 6:49 PM

I toyed with the idea of transitioning after my traumatic miscarriage. You know the time I lost my second child while I was holding my first one. You people need to read more about my life and my tragedies rather than about some sex-change by some third rate actress who couldn't even snag herself a British prince for a husband.

by Anonymousreply 243December 1, 2020 6:49 PM

Caitlyn @ R203, Page's clothes in your closet would be a study in sexual dimorphism. Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 244December 1, 2020 6:49 PM

R236 In what way is that homophobic? Crass and vulgar, Maybe? But hardly homophobic. Let's be real, that's what a lot of us do.

by Anonymousreply 245December 1, 2020 6:50 PM

Sorry, maybe I took it too far. I apologize. I want nothing bad to happen to Ellen. Just know I don't like the fact that she chose today of all days to come out as a trans man. Also, she will always be a woman. You cannot change your DNA.

by Anonymousreply 246December 1, 2020 6:52 PM

To all you jerks mocking their weird forehead and general appearance, I'm here to remind you that by Canadian standards they is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 247December 1, 2020 6:52 PM

Another lesbian lost to the trans cult.

by Anonymousreply 248December 1, 2020 6:52 PM

[quote]If you don't agree with transitioning, then dont transition nad leave it at that.

Sorry, it’s not that simple because gay and lesbian children are going to be forced to transition by homophobic activist parents and healthcare practitioners, at least with that horrible Equality Act that needs to be stopped.

by Anonymousreply 249December 1, 2020 6:53 PM

Gotta say just rolled my eyes when i saw the headline. Can't wait for this fad to go away.

by Anonymousreply 250December 1, 2020 6:54 PM

[quote]Let. People. Be. Who. They. Are.

Exactly! Let lesbians be lesbians, and stem the cultural tidal wave making women feel it's intolerable to exist as a woman.

by Anonymousreply 251December 1, 2020 6:54 PM

[quote]Also, and most importantly, how does this affect you? Why do you care what a trans person does with their body? That is no more acceptable than a politician wanting to legislate who gyas and lesbians should be fucking or not fucking.

This is a gossip board, not the Supreme Court or Congress.

[quote]It is none of your business and doesn't harm you so stay out of it. If you don't agree with transitioning, then dont transition nad leave it at that. Trying to delegitimize and vilify them makes you no better than homophobes who want to strip us of our rights.

Actually, it does, because I don't want to strip anyone of his or her or xir rights. But I also want the right to speak about it however I please.

by Anonymousreply 252December 1, 2020 6:54 PM

R249 stop the propaganda! No one is forcing anyone to do anything. These are young people who have expressed the need to transition and have supportive parents who help them process and rectify the situation. Now should their be age limits for certain procedures? Maybe. But to say anyone was forced is beyond stupid.

by Anonymousreply 253December 1, 2020 6:55 PM

R237 somehow missed reading even the title of the thread. How did you manage to get here?

by Anonymousreply 254December 1, 2020 6:56 PM

[quote]These are young people who have expressed the need to transition and have supportive parents who help them process and rectify the situation.

They have parents who are thankful their child isn’t gay. But the child is gay. And the children who believe they’re cats, do we oblige? Parents need to f-cking parent again. “Come back and let’s talk when you’re 18 and let’s see how you feel” should be the answer.

[quote]Now should their be age limits for certain procedures? Maybe.

Not maybe. Yes. 21 years old.

by Anonymousreply 255December 1, 2020 7:00 PM

EXHAUSTING!

[bold]EXHAUSTING![/bold]

[quote]It’d be real neat if we could go just one (1) week without seeing headlines about people (terfs) who've gone out of their way to make life infinitely more miserable for members of the trans community - constant exposure to so much active, celebrated hatred is EXHAUSTING

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256December 1, 2020 7:00 PM

R252 Your right, this is a gossip board. But words have power and I'd venture to guess the thoughts you express here are ones you also express in the real world which in turn effects the way you vote etc. Which has real world consequences for trans people. Your argument is ridiculous anyway. Just as you have a right to express your backwards and discriminatory views hete. I also have a right to point out how stupid they are. It goes both ways.

by Anonymousreply 257December 1, 2020 7:00 PM

"Trans" brings out the inner breeder of gay men. They turn into the same bigoted old white men who despise anything "different" from their farty armchairs.

by Anonymousreply 258December 1, 2020 7:02 PM

[quote][R249] stop the propaganda! No one is forcing anyone to do anything.

I guess no one's vulnerable to societal and peer pressure anymore. No one forces anyone to become anorexic or to become Republican, either, right?

by Anonymousreply 259December 1, 2020 7:03 PM

R234 i actually agree with you about comparing it to anorexics or mental illness. It's a poor comparison.

HOWEVER please explain why it's different than the nutters that feel they are an animal, living doll, or addicted to extreme plastic surgery? What about people that "feel" they're another race? Or "feel" they should be disabled? I have never had a sufficient answer as to why people aren't allowed to questions the trans trend at all, but you wouldn't tolerate the other things I mentioned the way being trans is.

By tolerate it, I mean supporting paying for medical transitions, allowing it for minors, and never even being allowed to criticize this movement.

People like the lizard man and barbie doll feel they were "supposed" to be that way too you know. There's race imitators that absolutely felt they should be black or whatever race, but you think it's possible to "feel" like you're a sex you are not?

I too don't give a shit if adults want to this, but it should end there. Just as i would call out Michael Jacksons horrifying surgeries, I'll call trans surgeries for what they are if i feel i must.

by Anonymousreply 260December 1, 2020 7:03 PM

R87 Falce equivalance. Gay people do not hurt anyone by being gay. Gay kids/teenagers do not mutilate their own bodies to live out being gay. Gay men and lesbians have same sex attraction, there's nothing more to it. Trans children however are allowed to mutilate their own bodies. Don't get me started on trans women infringing on women's rights. Gay people do not hurt anyone, not themselves and certainly noy others by being gay. They do not infringe on other people's rights either, unlike trans people. Please don't give me that bs about how trans people amd gay people are the same. They're not. I will never buy the shit you're trying to serve me. I saw through the bullcrap a very long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 261December 1, 2020 7:05 PM

R255 but as someone who doesn't struggle with their gender identity who are you to assign an arbitrary age limit? You can't assume every parent who supports their trans child is happy they aren't gay. There is a much bigger stigma for trans people than their are gays. Give me a break. If a parent is homophobic they aren't going to suddenly jump for joy at having a trans child . Of anything I'd imagine they would be even more upset and certainly wouldn't support and finance such an endeavor.

by Anonymousreply 262December 1, 2020 7:06 PM

It’s easier to be a “boy” than a girl for these girls with problems. First it was eating disorders, then cutting, now trans—these girls have it hard. They’re porn everywhere—they have immense self-esteem issues and they think being a “boy” will stop all that chaos. It won’t.

by Anonymousreply 263December 1, 2020 7:07 PM

[quote]If a parent is homophobic they aren't going to suddenly jump for joy at having a trans child .

Yes. It’s been documented.

by Anonymousreply 264December 1, 2020 7:08 PM

Headline: Ellen Page comes out as transgender and changes name to Elliot

LITERAL VIOLENCE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265December 1, 2020 7:08 PM

#TERFs and #startCisShaming are now trending on Twitter. Nothing gets the Twitter SJWs riled up by people expressing mild eyerolling at TRANSWORLD.

They're a bunch of wanna-be bullies who have power through fear. Hopefully it will not last much longer.

by Anonymousreply 266December 1, 2020 7:08 PM

R259 is engaging in the same psychological projection homophobes use when they wish to blame gay men for their own bigotry against us. Heterosexuality is a choice and so is transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 267December 1, 2020 7:10 PM

253 you need to do more research before supporting that minors know what they want. You honestly call it a choice when this shit can start when someone is an infant? Affirming that a child was "born wrong" since they are a baby, is a sure way to take away a choice.

There's lifelong side effects to the medications and surgeries. Look up Hazz Jennings before believing it was a "choice". Notice his mommy shopped around at reality tv shows before she decided her boy was really girl. Notice how she claims he was trans since he was an infant. Look up how puberty blockers gave him a micro penis, causing problems when they went to construct a fake vag. He's been in multiple surgeries now because it went so poorly.

Adults are free to get botched surgeries all they want.

by Anonymousreply 268December 1, 2020 7:10 PM

I live in the Deep South and there are no teenaged butch lesbians around here. They’ve all transitioned to being trans men and people are 100% nicer to them now that they’re conforming to traditional gender roles. Watched it happen with my own stepdaughter — she came out as a lesbian and almost all the kids in her school stop talking to her. After she announced she was trans and got her new name and the new wardrobe everyone started making eye contact with her again, smiling, making chitchat. It’s a big deal to be shunned like that I can understand why gay teenagers transition.

by Anonymousreply 269December 1, 2020 7:12 PM

R259 I am not aware of any societal pressure that encourages transitioning. As the many transphobic comments on this board illustrate- if anything the pressure is to keep these feeling on the inside and suffer in private rather than to live your truth. And again, I don't see how gay men can use the same arguments against trans people our oppressors use on us for so long.

by Anonymousreply 270December 1, 2020 7:12 PM

[quote]you need to do more research before supporting that minors know what they want.

Three UK high court judges rule that children under 16 are "unlikely to be able to give informed consent."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271December 1, 2020 7:13 PM

R266, let them have their tantrums. I’ve never seen a civil rights movement actually LOSE as many supporters as they have. They may get some press, but they haven’t built up any credibility and the vast majority of people find them obnoxious and off-putting.

Even though they despise gays and lesbians, it would be smart of them to take a note from the gay rights movement where we tried to display our best, most normal qualities. They’ve just confirmed every stereotype that they’re freaks and psychos.

by Anonymousreply 272December 1, 2020 7:13 PM

What violence is she talking about. Even if she/they kicks off in a store in the bible belt and insist on being called by certain pronouns nobody is going to beat up a tiny pretty women. Ok if she takes hormones and walks into a bar at night making a scene maybe but this assumption of violence makes me think she means what DL mocks as 'literal violence' i.e someone seeing a tiny woman and and assuming her pronouns! Or some not wanting to have sex with trans non binary people! Or someone sending her a mean tweet! I can't help but think people like Ellen get off on being victims.

by Anonymousreply 273December 1, 2020 7:14 PM

All she gotta do is put on a baseball cap and no she a man.

by Anonymousreply 274December 1, 2020 7:15 PM

She was adorable as a pocket lesbian... And she will never ever ever pass as a man, even with a full beard, no tits, and huge arm muscles.

What a shame.

by Anonymousreply 275December 1, 2020 7:16 PM

[quote] If a parent is homophobic they aren't going to suddenly jump for joy at having a trans child .

That is exactly what happened to Kai Shipley. His evangelical mother was unhappy that her son was playing with “girl toys” to the point where she admits to striking him when he would do so. She began transitioning her son in grade school. He’s now a “girl” and momma couldn’t be prouder.

Susie Green suspected her youngest son Jack was gay from early childhood. She transitioned her son, subjecting him to GRS at age 16 in Thailand as the NHS refuses to allow GRS for anyone younger than 18; the Thai government was so appalled at this woman castrating her teenage son they put similar age restrictions in place.

Jazz Jenning’s mother claims her son who enjoyed dressing up as a Disney Princess was trans from age 3. Jazz’s experimental GRS surgery at age 17 was botched; like Jack Green his puberty had been halted and he was left with a micro penis, unsuitable for GRS. He has had to undergo revision surgery three times so far to correct the numerous complications including the remaining erectile tissue blocking his urethra, causing him to splatter urine upwards.

by Anonymousreply 276December 1, 2020 7:17 PM

R268 so when a child goes to their parent and says, I'm gay at 16, do you think it would be acceptable for the parent to respond with "you don't know what you want, let's see how you feel at 21." People would call those parents homophobic and unsupportive. Yet when its trans children somehow they have less agency over their feelings and experiences? R69 I really find that hard to believe. And if it is true , I'm sure that is for trans people who "pass" as opposed to those who cant afford facial feminization surgery.

by Anonymousreply 277December 1, 2020 7:17 PM

R140 You finally realized this? Then I've got a bridge to sell. Most gender confused children will grow up to be gay or lesbian, actually 80 % of them. Now think of the thousands and thousands of kids and teenagers who have transitioned. This is our modern day gay conversion therapy. It's time you wake up. We all need to wake up and fight the oppression. Or else homosexuality will be a thing of the past.

by Anonymousreply 278December 1, 2020 7:17 PM

R267 and you prove exactly why a portion of the LGB wants away from the T. How is being trans anything like being LGB? Do you support race transition as well? Should a white person get away with transitioning to black? They FEEL they are so they are. It's obvious the latching onto LGB rights paid off because some are lapping that right up without realizing there's no similarities except that some trans people might be LGB. That's where it ends.

by Anonymousreply 279December 1, 2020 7:18 PM

Re the deadnaming stuff, are Netflix, Amazon, the BBC, HBO whoever, going to reformat the credits to Inception, X Men, Tales of The City, etc?

IMDB have changed the name of the page (LOL) to Elliot Page and noted all acting credits with (as Ellen Page)

BTW EPage appeared in a Woody Allen film in 2012. CANCEL THEM ALREADY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280December 1, 2020 7:19 PM

If she's transgender, what's the point of masculinizing...his...birth name? Elliott is just as lame as Ellen. Couldn't...he...come up with something better?

by Anonymousreply 281December 1, 2020 7:19 PM

[quote]I'm gay at 16, do you think it would be acceptable for the parent to respond with "you don't know what you want, let's see how you feel at 21." People would call those parents homophobic and unsupportive.

Gay kids aren’t taking hormones and removing body parts.

by Anonymousreply 282December 1, 2020 7:20 PM

[quote] If she's transgender, what's the point of masculinizing...his...birth name? Elliott is just as lame as Ellen. Couldn't...he...come up with something better?

Like something African. The last thing we need is another str8 white male douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 283December 1, 2020 7:21 PM

One more butch lesbian transing the gay way, sad...

by Anonymousreply 284December 1, 2020 7:21 PM

One more butch lesbian transing the gay way, sad...

by Anonymousreply 285December 1, 2020 7:21 PM

why not Allen Page?

by Anonymousreply 286December 1, 2020 7:21 PM

R277 again, HOW IS NEEDING MEDICAL TRANSION AS A MINOR THE SAME AS SIMPLY BEING GAY???!!! FFS someone give an answer!!

by Anonymousreply 287December 1, 2020 7:21 PM

Heterosexuality is just a phase. You'll grow out of it.

by Anonymousreply 288December 1, 2020 7:22 PM

[Quote]I'll never understand why conservatives hate trans people and don't see them as allies. They're erasing the gay community with far more efficiency than AIDS ever could. You'd think that conservatives would welcome them with open arms for the work they're doing with making gays and lesbians a thing of the past.

R152 Well said. QFT.

by Anonymousreply 289December 1, 2020 7:22 PM

R261 what is mutilation to you is gender affirmation to others. And one could argue, and many have, that anal sex is harmful and a form of self harm which is just as ridiculous. What's good to some isn't for others, that's the way the world is. It's when you vilify people for those choices and "other" them is when you start causing harm.

by Anonymousreply 290December 1, 2020 7:23 PM

Can we get out of our forced partnership with T?

by Anonymousreply 291December 1, 2020 7:23 PM

[quote] I'm sure that is for trans people who "pass" as opposed to those who cant afford facial feminization surgery.

Lol at thinking FFS makes men pass.

This person has had FFS. Do they pass as female?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292December 1, 2020 7:23 PM

[quote]gender affirmation

At 21.

by Anonymousreply 293December 1, 2020 7:24 PM

R282 gets it! Even if a parent says "you don't know how to feel so wait till your 21"... WTF stops sexual orientation? It's not like there's meds and surgeries to make that 16 yr old magically straight. The kid is still going to have their sexual orientation no matter how much the parents don't like it. We know this from failed conversion therapy.

And most on DL were all good with kids dressing how they want and using pronouns! They only criticized the medical aspect. That's not being hateful.

by Anonymousreply 294December 1, 2020 7:25 PM

Autoandrophilia

by Anonymousreply 295December 1, 2020 7:25 PM

[quote] what is mutilation to you is gender affirmation to others

FGM advocate right here folks! Ladies, time to get those pesky clits sliced off. What is mutilation to you is a cultural norm to others so let’s not question it!

by Anonymousreply 296December 1, 2020 7:26 PM

OMG is this real?😱 My goodness this trans stuff is getting crazy! Now I know why she (soon to be he) said she was so inspired by Laverne Cox when presenting an award to Laverne.

by Anonymousreply 297December 1, 2020 7:26 PM

Has he a dick ?

by Anonymousreply 298December 1, 2020 7:26 PM

Autoandrophilia

by Anonymousreply 299December 1, 2020 7:27 PM

You're all in trouble. Big, big trouble!

by Anonymousreply 300December 1, 2020 7:48 PM

Well, at least Page will stop pretending to care about lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 301December 1, 2020 7:48 PM

Page is married to a lesbian R301.

by Anonymousreply 302December 1, 2020 7:49 PM

r290 no, it's actually body mutilation, because you have functioning bodyparts and are removing them to support some sexist notion of "male" and "female".

They don't need hormones or surgery, they need THERAPY and DRUGS. They have a mental condition. They were not "born in the wrong body". And trying to redefine the meaning of "woman" and "man" is not going to make them suddenly be a woman or man.

by Anonymousreply 303December 1, 2020 7:49 PM

Make sure you use the CORRECT terminology, otherwise it's literal violence and ten trans womxn of color will be brutally murdered and it will be ALL. YOUR. FAULT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304December 1, 2020 7:53 PM

And this dissonant gem:

@crazyquantum Just a note to add for cis folks - please don’t correct older transgender folks who may still use these terms.

@EcoJameson Replying to @crazyquantum

Right! Some folks have grown up using the terminology that was available to them at the time. They’ve grown to be comfortable with it and it’s not our place to correct them.

by Anonymousreply 305December 1, 2020 7:55 PM

I always thought Ellen DeGeneres would go trans, but so far she has not. This may explain the anger she carries.

by Anonymousreply 306December 1, 2020 7:56 PM

She's probably angry because she came out as Lesbian and helped other Lesbians feel secure in coming out, and now all the Lesbians are pretending they aren't really gay and claiming to be "nonbinary" or worse, male. She has every right to be angry at people wasting the opportunity she helped provide to BE THEMSELVES, not some made up genderless and sexless bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 307December 1, 2020 8:00 PM

I know many self-proclaimed trans (FtM) who remain biologically female even after taking testosterone and growing facial hair. They’re mainly comfortable not doing anything more, so no genital mutilation surgery e.g. no chopping off their tits and grafting a fake penis. So the so-called trans would be walking around with huge tits and mustache. I met them when I helped run a support group for a center that helps people function as productive members of society who happen to have mental illness. Something about Page gives off vibes that she’s likely to be someone who’ll present as not fully female or male like the trans in my group.

by Anonymousreply 308December 1, 2020 8:03 PM

Some of the butch Lesbians I've seen already have facial hair and don't need to be taking testosterone!

Paige just seems confused and lost, and she's found the Trans Ideology as an easy way of explaining and fixing what ails her. It's a cult just like Scientology, and it just claimed another member. When you think about it, it's not much different from Scientology or EST or Landmark Forum - they use NLP (their own invented language and terms to induce rightthink), group reinforcement, bullying, shunning/cancelling, etc. to enforce their will.

by Anonymousreply 309December 1, 2020 8:07 PM

So according to that list at R304 there is no term for those of us who identify as our biological sex? We have to say we were assigned male/female at birth and what tag on 'And I accept'?

by Anonymousreply 310December 1, 2020 8:08 PM

Jezehell have published an article attacking Lush for donating to Women's Place. If you have a Kinja account, be sure to like this comment to get it out of the greys:

[quote] They’re fighting to keep rapists out of women’s prisons. Google Karen White, a transgender “woman” who sexually assaulted two inmates while on remind in a women’s prison. (And yes, “cis” women can commit sexual assault as well, but let’s be realistic — most sexual violence is committed by people with penises against people with vaginas. MRAs will insist otherwise, but come on.) The reality is that the readers of Jezebel — mostly middle-class white women — are statistically unlikely to end up in prison, or in a refuge, or in a homeless shelter. Liberal feminists are sacrificing vulnerable women at the altar of wokeness.

[quote] Women’s Place are also fighting against the likes of Jessica Yaniv, who has sued women for refusing to wax “her” testicles. Strangely, Jezebel never covered this story, even though it made international news. Yaniv also proposed and was an advocate for the “all-bodies swim” at a Langley township public pool. The event was to be for ages 12 and up, clothing above the waist optional, and parents and caretakers would be prohibited. Yaniv has also been been recorded making sexual comments to a 14-year-old girl.

[quote] And if the moderators are going to delete this comment - fine. But ask yourself WHY you’re deleting it. Is it because you’d rather pretend trans “women” like Karen White and Jessica Yaniv don’t exist?

Sadly, it'll be deleted soon. Jezehell can't handle the truth.

by Anonymousreply 311December 1, 2020 8:10 PM

Birthing bodies

by Anonymousreply 312December 1, 2020 8:12 PM

Female penis

by Anonymousreply 313December 1, 2020 8:12 PM

Oops - here's the article I mentioned at R311:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314December 1, 2020 8:14 PM

R276 This is fucking horrifying!

If you’re of an age when sexual intercourse would not be encouraged nor condoned, then gender transitioning should be off the table, too.

by Anonymousreply 315December 1, 2020 8:43 PM

I hate when people come as gay and then trans. It makes everyone else think we're on the same spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 316December 1, 2020 8:46 PM

How do the "trans women are women, trans men are men, non-binary people are non-binary" brigade handle the cognitive dissonance? I'm serious. If a friend of Emma Watson's gave birth and announced "It's a healthy baby boy!" - would she scold her for her cissexism? Would she tell her that having a penis doesn't mean the baby is a boy, and she won't know the gender until the baby is old enough to tell her?

Why wasn't there an outcry when it was announced that men are more susceptible to COVID than women? Why weren't any woke politicians alarmed that none of the other twenty-eight sexes were included in the data? It's a public health issue, after all.

by Anonymousreply 317December 1, 2020 8:48 PM

Does this mean Colossus is gay?

Oh, please. Daniel Cudmore is so hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318December 1, 2020 8:50 PM

Let the former gays come out as trans, it’s just weeding the personality disorders from the herd.

by Anonymousreply 319December 1, 2020 8:52 PM

R311 What in the fuck? Okay, wait - I can’t.

This world is unraveling and the more that it does, the deeper within I go!

“The kingdom of God is within.”

by Anonymousreply 320December 1, 2020 8:53 PM

Page's wife, dancer Emma Porter, shared support on her own Instagram account, writing:

"I am so proud of @elliotpage. Trans, queer and non-binary people are a gift to this world. I also ask for patience & privacy but that you join me in the fervent support of trans life every single day. Elliot’s existence is a gift in and of itself. Shine on sweet E. Love you so much."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321December 1, 2020 9:18 PM

'patience & privacy'

Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 322December 1, 2020 9:26 PM

I know a lesbian couple who keep their “gayby’s” sex under wraps. Literally, I guess. I guess we’ll see how it works out for them and them.

by Anonymousreply 323December 1, 2020 9:30 PM

[quote]Trans, queer and non-binary people are a gift to this world. Elliot’s existence is a gift in and of itself.

So many gifts I don't know which one to open first.

by Anonymousreply 324December 1, 2020 9:42 PM

Gift of small pox blankets

by Anonymousreply 325December 1, 2020 9:49 PM

[quote]Trans, queer and non-binary people are a gift to this world. Elliot’s existence is a gift in and of itself.

I hope there's a gift receipt in the package. Maybe inside the "front hole."

by Anonymousreply 326December 1, 2020 9:51 PM

She was good in a movie once, 14ya now. I wonder if she’ll pursue male roles now lol. She knows there isn’t a career. Good thing there’s a u-haul wife and probably a house and car. He/they needs to fill out his fuckin app at Trader Joe’s.

by Anonymousreply 327December 1, 2020 9:52 PM

I always liked Ellen, and I wish Elliott the best, but beyond that, I really genuinely don't care.

by Anonymousreply 328December 1, 2020 9:55 PM

No way she'd be able to get cast in non-trans roles

by Anonymousreply 329December 1, 2020 9:58 PM

[quote]I hope there's a gift receipt in the package. Maybe inside the "front hole."

Sorry! No returns or refunds.

Once they're off, they're off.

by Anonymousreply 330December 1, 2020 10:00 PM

The wife will soon be gone and Ellen will announce she is now a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 331December 1, 2020 10:09 PM

Maybe the wife will transition too?

by Anonymousreply 332December 1, 2020 10:11 PM

I can assure you all that T twitter is COMPLETELY EXHAUSTED with TERFs today.

EXHAUSTED.

by Anonymousreply 333December 1, 2020 10:14 PM

Face it, this pandemic has made us all a little stir crazy.

When you run out of jigsaw puzzles to do, you start thinking outside of the box.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334December 1, 2020 10:19 PM

Does that mean Jason Bateman and Michael Cera played closeted gay men in "Juno?"

by Anonymousreply 335December 1, 2020 10:25 PM

On a left-wing subreddit I post on, someone has started a thread about how outrageous it is that transphobes are refusing to respect Elliot's pronouns. And to my surprise, most of the replies are pretty fucking TERFy. Comments about how someone with a vagina isn't really a man (can't believe this is a controversial statement nowadays - Jesus Christ), comments pointing out that gender identity sounds an awful lot like old-fashioned gender stereotyping, etc. This is the sort of stuff DLers have been saying for years now, and it's increasingly being brought to the general public's attention.

by Anonymousreply 336December 1, 2020 10:28 PM

Sorry, but a sub-reddit is not "the general public's attention."

To the general public, "I'm now a trans" means they chopped off a few body parts or now wear dresses.

by Anonymousreply 337December 1, 2020 10:35 PM

So, she's actually been mansplaining this whole time, not just being tiresome?

by Anonymousreply 338December 1, 2020 10:39 PM

R202 maybe the prior poster who said MTFTM has a point. Look at that neck.

by Anonymousreply 339December 1, 2020 10:40 PM

R337 The world hasn't been told if this discretionary transvestite has or hasn't yet chopped off their body parts.

by Anonymousreply 340December 1, 2020 10:41 PM

Surprised she's not asexual or gender non binary. She projects nothing in terms of gender/sex. She's just...there.

by Anonymousreply 341December 1, 2020 10:44 PM

One of my cousins came out a couple of months ago as "non-binary". She's 15 years old and selected a gender neutral name and wants to be referred to as they/them, rather than she/her. I'm not bothered by such things and have the attitude of "okay, just keep me updated if you've decided differently". I'm really surprised at how well my aunt and uncle have taken it. They are being brave and supportive, but I know they are confused, frightened, and hurt. But, they'll accept whatever my cousin is or becomes. My uncle did ask me recently, "Do you think she's going to cut anything off or get an artificial dick?" I had to stifle a laugh. (I'm laughing now.) I told him it could happen sometime in the future, but IMO it's unlikely it will happen at all. He seemed relieved and I really don't think my cousin will have any gender related surgery.

by Anonymousreply 342December 1, 2020 10:44 PM

But does this person have orgasms?

by Anonymousreply 343December 1, 2020 10:45 PM

r336 those sort of comments will get you banned on Twitter (and probably reddit too).

by Anonymousreply 344December 1, 2020 10:45 PM

Well, I guess I’ll have to return the cane and the flannel that I bought “Ellen” for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 345December 1, 2020 10:48 PM

EllIen Page reminds me of this thread. Has Tovah had any public statement on this news?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346December 1, 2020 10:48 PM

Has it been answered above? They is going to do body transformations or they simply identify as a man?

by Anonymousreply 347December 1, 2020 10:48 PM

Is it just me, or does the excessive use of emojis make posts even MORE annoying, by this bearded male transplaining condescendingly to us?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348December 1, 2020 10:49 PM

What the L?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349December 1, 2020 10:49 PM

R30 As far as talent goes the Fox X-MEN movies were basically stabled with closet gay & bi actors, or old queeny British thesps highly unlikely to assault a young woman. Could her attacker really be Bryan Singer? Ian McKellen? Patrick Stewart? Brian Cox? Hugh Jackman? James Marsden? Alan Cumming? Kelsey Grammer? Ben Hardy? Shawn Ashmore? Aaron Stanford? Yeah, I don't think so in any of those cases.

In terms of big name personnel, Brett Ratner is the only obvious candidate (and he is known to be a perv). If this rumour does hold any weight at all, I'd assume it was either him, or an anonymous studio Exec, background ensemble cast member, or someone on the crew. Given that she was an up-and-coming 'name' at the time playing an important secondary character, it's difficult to imagine a nobody runner raping her. But then jumped-up males in the film industry are always on their bullshit, and by all accounts Singer wasn't keeping an eye on shit.

by Anonymousreply 350December 1, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote]Does this mean Colossus is gay? Does that mean Jason Bateman and Michael Cera played closeted gay men in "Juno?"

There were already people on Twitter saying that "Inception" had a gay kiss since Elliott and Joseph Gordon Levitt kissed in the film.

According to Variety, "insiders" have said that they're not changing the character of Vanya in "The Umbrella Academy" as Vanya is a cisgender woman But apparently some people want the role recast.

However, some commentators suggested that the role of Vanya Hargreeves should be recast. The character’s name trended on Twitter below #Elliot.

GLAAD, the LGBTQ advocacy group, pushed back at the notion that Vanya should be recast with a cisgender female actor.

“Trans actors can and do play both trans and cisgender characters. I’m sure Elliot will continue to be brilliant in Umbrella Academy and many different types of roles in the future,” Nick Adams, director of transgender media at GLAAD, told Variety.

by Anonymousreply 351December 1, 2020 10:59 PM

There’s a girl I follow on YouTube who hates everything about herself: her body, hair, everything. She had a live one day asking for ideas on how to increase views and I was going to suggest transition to a male but I didn’t because she would probably consider it. She’s the ideal girl who her very existence because of how she looks and these girls try to get rid of how they look, or control it through eating disorders, cutting, and now this transitioning. It’s sad. These girls need help.

by Anonymousreply 352December 1, 2020 11:00 PM

I'm so fucking bored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353December 1, 2020 11:02 PM

“ Trans actors can and do play both trans and cisgender characters. I’m sure Elliot will continue to be brilliant in Umbrella Academy and many different types of roles in the future”

Nope!! You can’t have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 354December 1, 2020 11:03 PM

Everything but the dick....

by Anonymousreply 355December 1, 2020 11:04 PM

How is one a trans “Man” and non binary at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 356December 1, 2020 11:08 PM

GLAAD should rename itself to TTTAAD.

by Anonymousreply 357December 1, 2020 11:09 PM

Ok, to preface what I'm about to say, I think this whole dog-and-pony show is just that - and a harmful one designed to marginalise, minimise, and hurt us. I don't agree with what Page is doing, and I find her speech and actions foolish, deceptive pedagogy that will mislead young girls. If she really is gay (or 'queer', whatever) and she's going to keep calling herself that, then she's a hypocrite and a sellout.

With that said...

[quote] ...these girls try to get rid of how they look, or control it through eating disorders, cutting, and now this transitioning. It’s sad. These girls need help.

Interesting that when it comes to this extreme and it happens to some famous cute starlet, then people frown and tsk and wonder 'won't someone please think of the women'? The concern really isn't there on the everyday for normal women, especially not around these parts where all that's said is disparagement (often violent or reductive) and mockery.

And it's totally condescending and obfuscating to push all the responsibility for females being this fucked up onto females. Misogyny is a through-line of our entire society and has been since the dawn of time, twisting the psyche of women up in knots, but that couldn't possibly be the main issue, right? It's not like we're all interconnected and one insidious dynamic affects the whole matrix? No, that's just crazy talk. It's just that addled little girls happen to desperately need pills and therapy which conveniently prop up a medical-industrial complex run by men to keep control in their hands where it belongs.....-_-

by Anonymousreply 358December 1, 2020 11:12 PM

[quote]One of my cousins came out a couple of months ago as "non-binary". She's 15 years old and selected a gender neutral name and wants to be referred to as they/them, rather than she/her. I'm not bothered by such things and have the attitude of "okay, just keep me updated if you've decided differently". I'm really surprised at how well my aunt and uncle have taken it. They are being brave and supportive, but I know they are confused, frightened, and hurt.

I think they’re handling it fine. It’s so obvious your cousin needs attention and wants to feel special, which what this really all about. Your cousin is bombarded with pressure from social media and everything else that says “it’s wrong to be a girl”. Supporting these “pronouns” and “names” is fine. It’s harmless. The hormones and surgery is harmful. It’s a very difficult and toxic time to be a girl.

by Anonymousreply 359December 1, 2020 11:13 PM

R351, so wait...trans people can play roles of the opposite gender, but we can’t say they used to be named Ellen Page? And I thought “cisgender” people weren’t supposed to play transgender roles? So that means transgender can play cis and transgender, but not the other way again?

LMAO, this propaganda is so half-hearted and poorly thought out.

by Anonymousreply 360December 1, 2020 11:16 PM

"Non-binary" is inane. It's the new Pokemon, slap bracelets, nose ring, green hair, Ugg boots; nothing but an inane trend for uninteresting people who want to be seen as 'unusual.'

by Anonymousreply 361December 1, 2020 11:16 PM

[quote]The concern really isn't there on the everyday for normal women

Speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 362December 1, 2020 11:22 PM

Starting today, I'm CONFIRMING myself as a rightful heir to the Jeff Bezos fortune. In spite of my soul-crushing poverty, non-existent savings & pathetic ghetto dwellings, I've always known that deep inside I was a Rich Bitch. My middle-class upbringing was something that was chosen for me at birth and now I'm reclaiming my rightful place as a billionaire! If any of your bitches refer to me as anything other than "That Rich Cunt Bezos", it will be considered violence & wealthphobia!

We, The Bezos Family ask that you please respect our privacy during this difficult time. With strength and Jeff Bezos' billions, we will get through this!

by Anonymousreply 363December 1, 2020 11:23 PM

This was actually a very smart career move. Her career as an actress has faltered. She’s deeply invested in the woke cult that worships at the alter of the Trans Woman Of Color. She has to keep the backlash at bay for her privilege.

Now she’s a he. Suddenly a lot of doors open for her. That trans movie that got shut down after the transtapo chased after ScarJo with pitchforks gets started again because they finally have a performer who is trans and can kind of act. Every movie and show that wants to pander to and exploit the trans community and their followers has a top level performer at their disposal.

She’ll star in some Oscar bait-y movie that no one will see but will get an A+ from the New York Times because what else do you give it when there’s a gun at your head. She’ll win an Oscar and go on to star in a slew of barely released message movies that won’t recoup their budget and on to the next.

She pretty much just secured a long-term career on screen and complete protection from anything resembling criticism.

I respect the con, Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 364December 1, 2020 11:23 PM

" I can't read the long post but does that mean hormones, operations, etc. or just calling oneself a male."

Sounds to me like she just gave herself a name change and now calls herself "trans" because it's fashionable and a means of getting attention. She is in no way shape or form a male. Will she go through the whole shmear, get her breasts cut off, have her female internal organs removed, get doses of testosterone, and get herself some kind of penis facsimile? I somehow doubt that. She'll probably just cut her hair short and always wear trousers and let it go at that.

by Anonymousreply 365December 1, 2020 11:25 PM

[quote]Misogyny is a through-line of our entire society and has been since the dawn of time, twisting the psyche of women up in knots, but that couldn't possibly be the main issue, right?

Basically what it boils down to is: Parents need to parent. Period. And these aren’t women, these are girls. If an adult woman feels it’s better to be a man, by all means.

by Anonymousreply 366December 1, 2020 11:28 PM

Some of the people above keep conflating femme gays and butch lesbians, but the trans mania doesn't seem half as powerful among femme gays as among butch lesbians.

We can't ignore this: women are simply more suggestible than men. That's why mass hysteria is an almost entirely female phenomenon. And they're more attuned to cultural shifts than men, too. The bi chic, that young women have joined in droves, is now being succeeded by the trans chic, which affects the same demographics. That's why so many mildly butch women like Elle go trans, while few heavily flamnoyant men like the RuPaul drags follow suit. Women just feel more of a need to follow trends.

by Anonymousreply 367December 1, 2020 11:31 PM

They generally and they, Elliot Page, seem to be erasing themselves several times over. They are trans so man, but no, they are non-binary and genderfluid genderqueer. They is 33 and has Peter Pan syndrome. They is a cool ageless but young hipster. They isn't an arty college kid and they isn't 35 mature, and they is a trans man who is genderfluid and they is modest and bohemian and they is a movie star VIP. Sheesh! They should probably to to work and produce something of benefit not genderqueer media productions on some corporation's Woke Budget dime.

Meanwhile, in real life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368December 1, 2020 11:33 PM

When Ellen came out the first time, did she come out as a lesbian, “bisexual,” or “queer?”

If it was “queer,” she’ll be a gay man before long.

by Anonymousreply 369December 1, 2020 11:33 PM

If she’s with women—is that a gay man?

by Anonymousreply 370December 1, 2020 11:34 PM

I honestly think a big part of it is how that culture really exaggerates the power of white straight male privilege. They really do think that every white straight man is walking down the street with diamonds in their shoes and people are chasing after their themselves to give them amazing opportunities. Many white men have to become successful because no one feels bad for them and they have to make their own luck.

These women truly believe that becoming a man will be the answer to their problems but they were sold on a lie and they’re just damaged people with a giant hole missing in them.

by Anonymousreply 371December 1, 2020 11:36 PM

Being with women was just for attention.

She’s straight.

by Anonymousreply 372December 1, 2020 11:36 PM

[quote]These women truly believe that becoming a man will be the answer to their problems

That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 373December 1, 2020 11:37 PM

r367 This is true.

by Anonymousreply 374December 1, 2020 11:37 PM

R364, s/he'll end up in some execrable series on Revry.

Possible titles:

'Being Me' -a trans comes out as trans in a small town. Laverne Cox guest-stars.

'Bring Your They Games' - a trans gamer confronts the transphobic gaming world. Laverne Cox guest-stars.

'Trans Parent' a trans has an invisible baby. Laverne Cox guest-stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375December 1, 2020 11:40 PM

Elliot I wish you all the best. Brave. Strong. Cool.

by Anonymousreply 376December 1, 2020 11:42 PM

Real feminism needs to make a comeback. It’s sad to see young women disavow womanhood.

by Anonymousreply 377December 1, 2020 11:43 PM

The things people do for attention!

by Anonymousreply 378December 1, 2020 11:45 PM

I used to feel sorry for Ellen Page because of how brutal Catherine Keener was to her in that movie, An American Crime (quite possibly the most disturbing and depressing film I’ve ever seen in my life). But now I think Ms Keener maybe wasn’t rough enough!

Just kidding. It’s a very sad true story. But Page is full of shit, for all the reasons others have laid out in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 379December 1, 2020 11:45 PM

LMAO at invisible baby, R375! That’ll be the next thing people with borderline personality will do for attention, right? Once the multiple personalities con bails out, they can pretend to have invisible babies that you have to address and that need to be given priority at airports. Lawsuits will be filed against school systems for not giving enrollment to invisible kindergartners. The far left will call people Nazis for not going along with the con.

I can see it all clear as day.

by Anonymousreply 380December 1, 2020 11:45 PM

I wonder what Geraldine Page would have to say about this?

by Anonymousreply 381December 1, 2020 11:48 PM

Ellen Page is such an utterly forgettable actor that I forgot he/she was even in INCEPTION, which was a big hit. That I watched in a theatre.

by Anonymousreply 382December 1, 2020 11:48 PM

R87, you are not as smart as you think you are.

by Anonymousreply 383December 1, 2020 11:49 PM

Who cares? Good luck to it.

by Anonymousreply 384December 1, 2020 11:50 PM

More like Uranus, R24

by Anonymousreply 385December 1, 2020 11:51 PM

[quote] I fully support @TheElliotPage. I applaud your courage and authenticity. Much love HJ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386December 1, 2020 11:54 PM

r285, in what world is Ellen or Elliot Page BUTCH?

by Anonymousreply 387December 1, 2020 11:56 PM

R386 He must be happy because he doesn't know how small FTM dick invariably is.

by Anonymousreply 388December 1, 2020 11:57 PM

Monogrammed towels and sheets aren’t cheap, R281

by Anonymousreply 389December 1, 2020 11:58 PM

Why yes, I am Elliot Page. Thank you so much. Thank you. Let me say that I will need 2 First Class hot meals, STAT!, or my invisible baby will get scratchy.

by Anonymousreply 390December 2, 2020 12:00 AM

NETFLIX just announced she’ll continue playing her female role on The Pajama Club or whatever that dumb nerd shit is called.

So transgender people can play transgender and cisgender, it if cisgender actors want to play transgender, they’ll get destroyed by the pitchfork wielding mob. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 391December 2, 2020 12:00 AM

When her career goes down the shitter, she will suddenly be Ellen again.

Out lesbians can find work but what is she going to do. Take T, grow a beard and bulk up because no one is buying her as a man. Maybe a boy, but no man.

by Anonymousreply 392December 2, 2020 12:01 AM

r391, that is not how it goes. CIS woman need to protest and put their foot down. A man can't take a role from a woman. Nope, hell no.

by Anonymousreply 393December 2, 2020 12:02 AM

[quote] You can say the same about gays who feel that they were born to have sex with the same gender when there’s no evidence of that.

This is one of the dumbest and most offensive things I’ve ever read on this site, and THAT is saying something. No surprise I already had this nitwit blocked.

by Anonymousreply 394December 2, 2020 12:02 AM

R394 take a number, toots.

[quote] We can't ignore this: women are simply more suggestible than men. That's why mass hysteria is an almost entirely female phenomenon. Women just feel more of a need to follow trends.

So you're saying women are dumb subservient lemmings in need of a guiding male hand and a masculine brain to prevent them from socially suiciding themselves.

Let me just...log that away....not sure how I'm going to do that though, since I'm allegedly incapable of independent thought or executive function thanks to my two intact chromosomes....durrrr.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395December 2, 2020 12:05 AM

The folks at AwardsWoke are orgasmic over this. But then reality can be elusive over there.

by Anonymousreply 396December 2, 2020 12:07 AM

[quote] women are simply more suggestible than men

And yet men are allegedly taken in and fooled by women all the time. Which is it?

by Anonymousreply 397December 2, 2020 12:09 AM

This is going to be a pain for the Umbrella Academy to deal with. They just did a season in the 1960s and now the next one is supposed to be an alternate reality from the time when they were kids, so the 1990s maybe?

There is no way in hell they’re going to be able to cast her as a 5’ tall man unless she plays a dwarf. People are cast based on their looks, not based on whether they want to be cast. Her former character was first straight, then a lesbian, and now they would have to write a couple of episodes saying why she’s trans and showing something about that, unless they jumped forward a few years. It would be really hard to explain how an obvious trans person is walking around in the 1990s in most places. I lived in SF in the 1990s and there was a non-binary or trans person that worked in a shop near me. Nobody I knew back then had any idea of how to address this person, or whether they were trans, non-binary or just a butch lesbian. Matthew Shepard got murdered in 1998 for just being a run of the mill gay man. Trans is a modern identity.

A big part of the point of the show is traveling in time. You can’t just put a non-binary character in 1950 and think it’s going to work. Even a 1960s lesbian was a huge stretch, and it was obviously done to suit Page and out of character for the rest of the show. It’s not the Elliot Page Show.

The show plot was written a couple of years in advance based on the comic. The whole storyline would have to go out the window if they can’t visit certain places or times.

Meanwhile TERF was trending on Twitter and people were being attacked because they wondered about the fate of the show and whether Elliot would continue to play a female role. First trans sympathizers were saying he would, then somebody mentioned, but trans people hate it when they’re played by cis people, so then they started saying they would have to play the rewritten role as a man and they would just have to change the character to match their personal life. It’s called acting for a reason. You don’t actually have to murder people to play a murderer. Or become an astronaut to play one. But somehow this show has to rehaul itself every year to suit her personal situation.

The best thing for the show would be to put it on hiatus for a couple of years, and then they’ll lose the whole cast. The show has to do exactly as he wants because otherwise they’ll be accused of being bigots. The original character dressed as a sexy woman. They changed that for Ellen, then they made the character a butch lesbian for Ellen, and then it’s supposed to be a man for Elliot. An ensemble character has to be completely rewritten to suit her personal life. At this point it’s a total miscast. It’s not her show, it’s an ensemble. And they’ll be attacked unless they gut the whole show to benefit one actor. May as well cancel it.

This is official Dark Horse comics merchandise for Elliot’s character, The White Violin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398December 2, 2020 12:09 AM

I will compromise and mentally call sh/ir Idiot Page

by Anonymousreply 399December 2, 2020 12:11 AM

This is from the original comic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400December 2, 2020 12:11 AM

[quote] The Pajama Club or whatever that dumb nerd shit is called.

Spit out my tea. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 401December 2, 2020 12:13 AM

[quote] Who would go through all that just for attention or because they are crazy? The naysayers are the crazy ones.

Um, for the same reasons anorexics keep starving themselves because they think they’re fat. It’s a mental illness. Hoooo boy.

by Anonymousreply 402December 2, 2020 12:13 AM

[quote] Let. People. Be. Who. They. Are.

Facebook is that-a-way, hon. —>

by Anonymousreply 403December 2, 2020 12:16 AM

Remember the multiple-personality people back in the 90s? They were fun.

by Anonymousreply 404December 2, 2020 12:18 AM

I’m happy for him but can’t people be gay and lesbian anymore? I feel for all the butch lesbians who are like an endangered species now.

by Anonymousreply 405December 2, 2020 12:22 AM

They can be trans if they want, but there’s no obligation for an entire show to have a completely miscast character to suit one actor. They can be themselves and not work on the Umbrella Academy. They chose to play a female role. So either play it as written, or ask to be let out of their contract. The show has bent over backwards for them as it is.

by Anonymousreply 406December 2, 2020 12:23 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407December 2, 2020 12:25 AM

R16.

Alexander Skarsgard’s left handed with a then lesbian girlfriend

That makes him gay

by Anonymousreply 408December 2, 2020 12:29 AM

There are people here saying that she's a autoandrophilic, how? since she's not a straight woman? She like dicks now?

by Anonymousreply 409December 2, 2020 12:31 AM

There are people here saying that she's a autoandrophilic, how? since she's not a straight woman? She like dicks now?

by Anonymousreply 410December 2, 2020 12:31 AM

What is the deal with he/they? Why don't they want he/him?

They is grammatically incorrect for one person!

They live there. Who does? He does. And who else? Just they.....

by Anonymousreply 411December 2, 2020 12:33 AM

DLers who use bullshit terms like "cis" "cisgender" "cis woman", are def misogynistic tranny chasers, block/FF.

by Anonymousreply 412December 2, 2020 12:40 AM

She is exhausting. That post reads like satire. "Elliot"? E.T. phone home!

Catherine O'Hara is trending on Twitter as she should be.

Support and trend a true Canadian legend.

Not this insufferable, attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 413December 2, 2020 12:44 AM

Elliot Page!

What a fucking circus.

by Anonymousreply 414December 2, 2020 12:44 AM

[Quote]yet men are allegedly taken in and fooled by women all the time. Which is it?

Lol, why should I respond for a view that is not mine? Men are absolutely the manipulator sex, the ones who fool everyone, especially women, as is clear if you read about serial killers and con artists. Even female cons, like Anna Delvey, prey on women, and I assume that this is because women are, indeed, more manageable.

But I don't think this has anything to do with the subject at hand. Female suggestibility is proven better by their vulnerability to mass hysteria than by the fact that they're more likely to be fooled by sociopathic crimimals. False mental diagnoses- multiple personality disorder, for example - are also entirely the province of females. Ask yourself why, and try not to bring up the patriarchy, if you can.

I know it's uncomfortable for you to dwell on the psychology of your sex and how it might explain the trans mania among young girls. It's much more comfortable to point the finger at abstract nonentities, like The Patriarchy (TM), but anyone with a bare minimum of observational depth can see most girls who go trans, like Ellen here, are often not very big fans of men! They're vocal feminists who are as invested in taking down the "cispatriarchy" as any second wave radical feminist. You keep ignoring that because your dumb philosophy can never understand social causation without bringing up some male conspiracy to keep women down.

You also ignore, and I bet you want to keep ignoring, how much the trans mania shares with older youth trends - like the bi chic, which even you must admit has nothing to do with the patriarchy! In fact, you probably see the trend of girls saying they Kissed Another Girl as a feminist development; I see it as a predecessor to the trans trend, especially as both affect much of the same people, namely, young women and girls who are passionate about feminism and social justice.

Young trans "men", like Ellen, are not the byproduct of the patriarchy - they're the result of online youth culture, which is heavily feminist and queer. You are never going to fight that trend effectively unless you acknowledge that fact.

by Anonymousreply 415December 2, 2020 12:45 AM

I know this is off-topic, but I am so fucking sick of being told that the whole "cotton ceiling" thing never happens. You tell SJWs about it, and they insist that lesbians are lying or imagining it. Then you show them examples of trans "women" posting about it on social media, and they insist that those must be trolls. Then you show them examples of verified trans "women" talking about it, and they insist that these are only a few isolated instances and TERFs are using them to smear all trans "women" as rapists. And on and on and on. They just move the goalposts every time you prove them wrong. SJWs have painted themselves into a corner on this, because they don't want to admit that TERFs have a point about some trans "women" having an incel's attitude to female bodies, but they also can't deny how rapetastic and homophobic the cotton ceiling is. So they just keep putting their fingers in their ears and saying, "It doesn't happen, it's an alt-right TERF meme, it doesn't happen..."

by Anonymousreply 416December 2, 2020 12:46 AM

I don't get the he/they thing. Does this mean that not only has he declared himself trans...but possibly has discovered an entirely new gender to push the rest of us even further way from wanting to understand this ever-changing issue? With this news I'm actually now convinced that the option to claim one's self as trans is just the way this generation deals--or doesn't deal--with long neglected & deeply rooted psychological issues. Ultimately this is very sad.

by Anonymousreply 417December 2, 2020 12:48 AM

I'm nauseated by the brain-dead minions responding to Jackman's fan page @ R386.

by Anonymousreply 418December 2, 2020 12:49 AM

R417, I know a woman who has "she/they" and "lesbian" in her social media profile. So... she's a woman but she's also non-binary, and non-binary people by definition cannot be women because they don't fall within the gender binary, and she's a woman who's attracted to other women, but she's not a woman, she's non-binary. It all makes perfect sense when you break it down, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 419December 2, 2020 1:02 AM

Hmmm, maybe that blind the other day about the almost coming out of an almost A list actor who became famous through TV but now does movies was about Skarsgard! He became pretty famous through True Blood, was supposed to be the next big thing then transitioned to movies and never popped like he was supposed to. And he's been suspected as being gay for a while, plus the Paige connection. If the blind is true, I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the catalyst for his coming out.

by Anonymousreply 420December 2, 2020 1:07 AM

r416 their dogma does not accept ANY debate or qualifiers because it's got such a weak foundation that they fear the entire thing will collapse. So if you question any piece of the whole, you get accused of literally murdering trans womxn of color as the last failsafe. Usually they try to put all these statements and warnings up front so you don't even bother trying to reason with them.

by Anonymousreply 421December 2, 2020 1:09 AM

So will she be be giving back her Best Actress Oscar nomination? Did I have a film out that year? I'll take it.

by Anonymousreply 422December 2, 2020 1:13 AM

Why is it “he/they”? Isn’t the correct pronoun for a male “he/him”?

by Anonymousreply 423December 2, 2020 1:17 AM

we don't know r423 lots of people have been asking that. I've seen other people use the he/they thing on twitter too. Don't quite understand it.

by Anonymousreply 424December 2, 2020 1:18 AM

Anyone want to run a book on at what stage of her career Meghan Markle will find it necessary to make this announcement?

by Anonymousreply 425December 2, 2020 1:18 AM

I'm proud to be an organic male

by Anonymousreply 426December 2, 2020 1:20 AM

'We can't ignore this: women are simply more suggestible than men. That's why mass hysteria is an almost entirely female phenomenon. Women just feel more of a need to follow trends.'

I think not. There are ten transwomen for every one transman.

by Anonymousreply 427December 2, 2020 1:21 AM

Trans is so presumptuous. What makes anyone think they could possibly know what it's like to be the opposite sex? We can speculate, we can pretend, but in the end, it really isn't possible to BE the opposite sex from which you were born. It's all costuming and makeup and wardrobe. A façade in every sense of the word. And expecting others to look at the façade play make believe along with you is absurd and demeaning to those of us who can see the man or woman behind the curtain. It is not scientifically possible that you were born the opposite sex of what your brain is telling you you are.

And yes, Ellen's "coming out as trans" is harmful, to herself and to those who admire her. It erases a lesbian. I'm so sick of this trans shit. There's no such thing as "non binary" either. But then again, I'm old enough to remember when everyone was coming out and screaming not to "put labels on them." Christ, now it's not just a label, it's a fucking giant poster board being held up to your face every day and the people holding it are screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SPECIAL I AM."

by Anonymousreply 428December 2, 2020 1:24 AM

"It is not scientifically possible that you were born the opposite sex of what your brain is telling you you are."

If you have never experienced it how can you be so sure? Just because you haven't felt that way doesn't negate the experience of so many trans people in the world. People have been transitioning for almost a century if not more. I'd hardly consider that an attention seeking fad. Why would someone choose to be ridiculed and ostracised and possibly have their life endangered just for attention? Just as you didn't choose to be gay I'd venture to guess most trans didn't choose to feel as though their parts don't match their insides.

by Anonymousreply 429December 2, 2020 1:35 AM

I wonder r429– does your analogy extend to ethnicities? To race? To other species? I’ve never experienced being Chinese, black, or a dog but hey who am I to doubt myself if I really, really feel like I should have a tail?

by Anonymousreply 430December 2, 2020 1:42 AM

If it is accepted that a young man, when he starts puberty, can say he's gay and is attracted to other men. Why is it so impossible for a different pubescent child to feel his or her parts don't match the insides? While surgery is extreme at that age, I don't think hormone blockers should be out of the question. Ultimately that will make the transition process easier for them as adults and will lessen the need for FFS and other expensive treatments like electrolysis etc. If at 18 they still feel the same they should have every right to get any addition gender affirmation surgery they so choose. It's not about erasing anyone, it's about wanting your outsides to match your insides and the confidence that brings.

by Anonymousreply 431December 2, 2020 1:42 AM

"She is a woman. She wore glamorous dresses on the red carpet. She was fine with being considered a woman when it came to awards. She’s a tomboy. A dyke. But in our society that isn’t enough anymore. You can’t be a tomboy. You have to be a man now. "

But, it is enough for the vast, vast majority of people. Most people wouldn't want their Barbie-playing son or tomboy daughter to start hormone therapy or change their genitals.

by Anonymousreply 432December 2, 2020 1:44 AM

[quote] While surgery is extreme at that age, I don't think hormone blockers should be out of the question.

Do you even know what puberty blockers are? You think giving an eight year old a drug developed for adult men with prostate cancer is a good idea? A drug that even adults are not to be on for more than six months is fine to place a prepubescent child on for three to four *years*?

by Anonymousreply 433December 2, 2020 1:46 AM

Puberty isn't optional, R431. It isn't just about sexual maturity, the brain matures as well. Children put on puberty blockers lose IQ points. And you say they just want their outsides to match their insides, well why do they feel mismatched in the first place? They need therapy, not hormones or surgery.

by Anonymousreply 434December 2, 2020 1:46 AM

R430 race is really a social construct. You aren't born feeling black, white or Asian. Its through culture, experience and how others react to your race that reinforce that construct. Whereas most trans people knew from a very early age,since they can remember in most cases, that they were different inside than what the outside shows. That's apple's and oranges , your argument doesn't really work.

by Anonymousreply 435December 2, 2020 1:46 AM

It's ridiculous, i wish more would speak up against this trendy nonsense. Basically if you're non conforming fem male or masc woman the trans cult tells you you need to transisition. It's gay erasure pure and simple.

by Anonymousreply 436December 2, 2020 1:47 AM

In fourth grade there was a girl who insisted she was a dog. She would only communicate with barks and panting.

She'd be transitioned into one nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 437December 2, 2020 1:47 AM

So then is being gay straight erasure?

by Anonymousreply 438December 2, 2020 1:49 AM

Do you know how many people feel that their insides don’t match their outsides? It’s called BEING HUMAN.

by Anonymousreply 439December 2, 2020 1:52 AM

R439 I'm sorry you feel conflicted. But I don't think that is the typical human condition. I have never felt mismatched.

by Anonymousreply 440December 2, 2020 1:54 AM

Gender is really a social construct. You aren't born feeling male or female. Its through culture, experience and how others react to your sex that reinforce that construct.

by Anonymousreply 441December 2, 2020 1:55 AM

She looks more like an Edmund.

by Anonymousreply 442December 2, 2020 1:57 AM

I can not believe this has to be said, but your personal feelings do not influence reality.

I've noticed that this is a trend lately. Manifesting, being trans, all of these ridiculous new things that base themselves on the idea that you if you wish for something hard enough you can make it come true. Back in the day that was the basis for Disney movies, now it's being taken as fact. When did this start? At what point did society decide that wishing for something to be true automatically makes it true, or that feeling like something is true automatically makes it true?

When did we start counting how a barely lucid person would view reality as the real version of reality? When did Peter Pan and Cinderella become non-fiction?

by Anonymousreply 443December 2, 2020 1:57 AM

uggghhhh.......aarrrgghhh..........gag

by Anonymousreply 444December 2, 2020 1:58 AM

Yeah, no. R441 There are no difference between the chemical balances and genetics of a white man and a black man. Whereas there are between men and women. That's why transitioning includes hormone therapy etc. Becuase there absolutely is a genetic difference between men and women. The whole point of transitioning is attempting to correct those internal mismatches.

by Anonymousreply 445December 2, 2020 2:00 AM

Is being trans as big of a thing in other countries as it is in America? It's hard to tell if it's just the natural narcissism and delusion towards reality of Americans that is causing this trend or if it's something on a bigger scale.

by Anonymousreply 446December 2, 2020 2:00 AM

How reductive. I look better than "her". She's probably going to have that munchkin voice anyway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447December 2, 2020 2:02 AM

R446 in Iran the state forces gya men to choose between imprisonment and transitioning to women. In those cases, transitioning is. a horrible horrible thing. But when a person chooses it for themselves and goes into the process informed with eyes wide open, I really don't see the issue.

by Anonymousreply 448December 2, 2020 2:03 AM

I think about a friend who frequently talks about how tough it is for her as a deeply unconventional person in the world. She isn’t, at all, she just compares her own inner sense of self with the outward selves she sees of other people. That’s the kind of mismatch I’m talking about, not that everybody is inwardly trans.

by Anonymousreply 449December 2, 2020 2:03 AM

You’ve contradicted yourself once again r445. Waiting to see if you can find it on your own.

by Anonymousreply 450December 2, 2020 2:04 AM

Its surprising to me how gay men are leading this idea though. So many are now talking about how attracted they are to trans men. I dont understand the attraction to butch women. But maybe thats just because I tend to like twinks and 'masculinity' and beards etc aren't attractive to me. The lack of dick doesn't seem to bother most gay men it appears...even bottoms. So bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 451December 2, 2020 2:04 AM

r451 Yea never heard any of that. Don't project your desires on gay men

by Anonymousreply 452December 2, 2020 2:06 AM

R451 Trans ideology is the new form of conversion therapy, designed to turn gay men into straight men and lesbians into straight women. It's dystopic.

by Anonymousreply 453December 2, 2020 2:07 AM

R459 It's not a contradiction, I know that trans people will never genetically be what they wish they were born as. That's why I say "attempting " That said, they still should be able to try to get as close to how they feel on the olimside as they do on the outside.

by Anonymousreply 454December 2, 2020 2:07 AM

R451 Trans cult.

by Anonymousreply 455December 2, 2020 2:08 AM

[quote]So many are now talking about how attracted they are to trans men.

They might talk about it a lot on social media for woke points (even here on Datalounge), but very few of them appear to actually take FTMs on as sex or relationship partners in real life.

Because when the chips are down, they want the penis.

by Anonymousreply 456December 2, 2020 2:09 AM

Maybe gay men and lesbians wouldn't hate trans people if they would stop trying to pretend like there is no difference between us and homophobic straight people. I think that is at its core the reason for the resistance to trans from the gay community. Trans people have taken the gays, an already massively oppressed community, and tried to pretend like not only are we not oppressed but in fact are the oppressors.

If trans people hadn't done that maybe gays wouldn't hate them. But no, they decided to regurgitate homophobic dogma and make us their enemies and oppressors in their narrative. So, they created their own enemy, and now they bitch about how we don't like them or accept them when they were hellbent on making us the villains from the get-go.

by Anonymousreply 457December 2, 2020 2:10 AM

r452 never heard of what? Gay men talking about how into trans guys they are? Well they are and if you spent time on social media, or looked at gay porn you would see it, and its really odd to me. And im not 'projecting' anything; im simply stating a phenomenon I see. Dont tell me, an openly gay man, not to discuss the shift I have seen I the last say 5 years in how many 'gay' men are now talking about how sexually aroused by masculine women they are. Piss off.

by Anonymousreply 458December 2, 2020 2:13 AM

[Quote]I think not. There are ten transwomen for every one transman

When there is no trans trend, transgenderism is more common among men. Among the Native American tribes, the existence of male third spirits was found in 50%, that of female third spirits in something like 17%. That's because transgenderism has a rather neutral relationship with exclusive homosexuality, which has been more common all throughout history among men.

Among western teenagers it's the total opposite today - it's the opposite even to what it was in a recent past, in the 90s and early 2000s. It's much more common among girls. And transgenderism no longer has such an ironclad relationship with effeminate male homosexuality or with butch lesbianism. Many trans kids and young adults call themselves bisexual, some clearly like only the opposite sex, and the girls are often not even masculine apart from cropping their hair short (Ellen herself I don't find masculine).

The correlates of transgenderism are not today the same as they've been historically. A new factor has intruded in, and it can't the patriarchy, which is far from new. It's youth culture and the path it has taken since the turn of the century.

by Anonymousreply 459December 2, 2020 2:13 AM

I really feel that so many gay men wouldn't feel as hostile to trans if their cause wasn't lumped into ours. I don't think gay men are as concerned about erasure as they are about the mainstream lumping them in with what the percieve as "freaks." They don't want to risk their fragile place in the hierarchy by being associated with trans. It's a wish to conform deep down and it's sad.

by Anonymousreply 460December 2, 2020 2:13 AM

Trans people have decided to actively pretend like oppression against gays and lesbians doesn't exist. That's why we hate them. They pretend like gays and lesbians have it just as easy as straights and that trans people are the only real oppression victims.

by Anonymousreply 461December 2, 2020 2:14 AM

R460 Really? You think the reason gay men are hostile towards trans is that we want straight people to like us? You don't think it could be because of, say, I don't know, the fact that trans people have now decided that gay men did not fight for their own rights and that gay liberation was entirely the work of trans women? Or how about the idea that gay men aren't even oppressed anymore, but are in fact oppressors against trans people? OR, the idea that gays are perfectly accepted by straight society so the discussion of human rights should be steered away from them?

There are plenty of reasons for the hostility towards trans people from gays, but none of them have to do with conformity. Every single one of them has to do with the erasure of our history, our community, our representation, and our civil rights.

by Anonymousreply 462December 2, 2020 2:19 AM

r459 Yes it is extraordinary to see the rise in FTM's, which previously was a much smaller percent of transitions to now being far more common. Most of those transmen also note their sexual attraction to men now and so only a small amount identify as straight men. Most are bi or gay men which is another big change. FTM's used to be essentially butch lesbians who carried on with relationships with women. Now they actively want to be a part of gay mens spaces and culture. Both fascinating and a little terrifying......

by Anonymousreply 463December 2, 2020 2:19 AM

Gays, Lesbians, Bis: I learned to accept who and what I am.

Trans: I refuse to accept who and what I am and need to chop up my body to accept myself.

by Anonymousreply 464December 2, 2020 2:20 AM

R463 It's more terrifying than fascinating, unless you don't mind hooking up with men who have tits and vaginas for the rest of your life.

by Anonymousreply 465December 2, 2020 2:20 AM

R463 Now you know how women feel with Caitlyn Jenners of the world.

by Anonymousreply 466December 2, 2020 2:21 AM

R461 if true, who cares? This isn't the oppression Olympics. You don't get points for being the more oppressed minority group. Nad it's not like trans people have so much power that they can strip our rights or effectively downplay what issues we do face as a community.

by Anonymousreply 467December 2, 2020 2:21 AM

Quit making things up R463. Where the fuck do you get "FTM's used to be essentially butch lesbians who carried on with relationships with women?"

by Anonymousreply 468December 2, 2020 2:21 AM

It's funny that the pro-trans people on the Datalounge think that everyone who is anti-trans here must be a troll. They live in complete denial that anybody could ever dislike or disagree with them, because they believe they are too perfect to be opposed by anybody who isn't a troll.

Narcissistic nut cases.

by Anonymousreply 469December 2, 2020 2:22 AM

R467 We've been saying this isn't the Oppression Olympics for years but trans people are the ones who refuse to play unless it is in fact the Oppression Olympics. They routinely use "oppression" as the cause for why their causes should overshadow gay rights.

Look at GLAAD. Until a few years ago it was an organization designed for gay rights, now it deals almost exclusively with trans rights.

It's funny that trans people use oppression as the reason for why they have it harder than everyone and should have the platform but then accuse us of being the ones who made it the Oppression Olympics. You built the game, baby, we're all just playing it.

by Anonymousreply 470December 2, 2020 2:24 AM

[quote] it's not like trans people have so much power that they can strip our rights or effectively downplay what issues we do face as a community.

Isn’t that exactly what is happening though? How did .6% of the population gain so much media and political clout in the last decade?

by Anonymousreply 471December 2, 2020 2:26 AM

R462 The only way your history us erased is if you allow it to be. One can support gays and affirm their struggle and history while also accepting that trans people have a right to their own existence and struggle for acceptance and dignity. And you are oppressors of trans people if you are disparaging them and denying their right to feel the way they do. Your argument is such a mass generalization. Truly bizarre. I've never felt "erased" due to the existence of others. Your only erased if you allow yourself to be.

by Anonymousreply 472December 2, 2020 2:26 AM

r468 are you retarded? The vast majority of FTMs back in the day were butch women sexually interested in women. This is not controversial or difficult to research. There has been a shift in the last decade or so whereby there are now many trans men who are not at all sexually interested in women. Get a grip, loser.

by Anonymousreply 473December 2, 2020 2:27 AM

Are you really surprised about this, R469?

I'm in my thirties and here, I've been called a conservative, a Rethug, etc etc because I'm not interested in calling myself "cis", I think "queer" has become a watered-down meaningless term, and that I don't consider PIV sex to be gay sex even if it involves a FTM.

"Narcissistic nut cases" does sum it up perfectly, though.

by Anonymousreply 474December 2, 2020 2:27 AM

Um, r468, r463 is totally right. In the past, FTMs were, indeed, butch lesbians for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 475December 2, 2020 2:27 AM

[quote] I've never felt "erased" due to the existence of others.

So are you saying trans people shouldn’t feel erased because others don’t affirm their pretended sex? Men and women exist. Not being the one you want or not receiving outside affirmation doesn’t suddenly dissolve you into smoke aka Wicked Witch of the West.

by Anonymousreply 476December 2, 2020 2:31 AM

R470 which is again why I say that the T on LGBT should be it's own separate entity. That said, I can feel.that way while still respecting their fundamental right to exist and choose how they live. R471 I guess we just see things differently. If they had so much clout as you claim they wouldn't be getting murdered at the rate they do not would law enforcement get away with basically not giving a shit about violence towards that community. Just because their influence and acceptance grows doesn't mean out automatically diminishes.

by Anonymousreply 477December 2, 2020 2:31 AM

R472 "You're only erased if you want to be"

Please tell me you are not so delusional that you genuinely believe that. Please tell me that you do not think that the erasure of a community is something that is imagined and not something tangible.

Were the Jews not erased by Germany during The Holocaust?

Were the Mayans not erased by conquistadors?

Were the gays not erased by Reagan during the AIDS crisis?

Erasure is not some made up word, it is a very real thing and it can happen to a community. Pretending that it can't is something that fascists have been doing for years to excuse erasure of minority communities.

by Anonymousreply 478December 2, 2020 2:32 AM

So Page will continue to be the female "Vanya" on the Umbrella Academy, while Netflix retroactively changes the name to Elliot on the credits:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479December 2, 2020 2:32 AM

Well, looks like Ellen got the 15 minutes she was looking for. Bravo, cunt.

Who's gonna break the news to her that nobody will care about her again in 48 hours?

by Anonymousreply 480December 2, 2020 2:33 AM

R441 gender may be a social construct, but it is based on sex characteristics at its core. Otherwise how would you know what "femaleness" is vs. "maleness"?

Nonbinaries are the most ridiculous though, which is why they have to be constantly told "you're valid!" otherwise they will wither away and fall to dust

by Anonymousreply 481December 2, 2020 2:34 AM

R476 but that is actual erasure! Your denying their very existence! That is different than just disagreeing.

by Anonymousreply 482December 2, 2020 2:36 AM

Fuck off you ignorant bitch R473.

by Anonymousreply 483December 2, 2020 2:38 AM

The reason I don't like transgender people is because of the historical imposture they committed in the debate over Stonewall, replacing all revolting gays with "trans women of color", and imposing this untruth on the rest of society - the media, politicians, etc.

Before that, I didn't even care about them much. I already had some knowledge of some facts that are embarrassing for them - for example, Richard Blanchard's research on autogynephilia. Autogynephilia is strange, but seems harmless and I never held against any trans. Before the Stonewall thing, I think I even liked trans people, because as far as I could see on Twitter, they seemed to share a lot of the same far-left policies as me. What changed my feelings was their attitude in this debate and the hostility towards gay men that continues today in their activism.

by Anonymousreply 484December 2, 2020 2:38 AM

[quote] If they had so much clout as you claim they wouldn't be getting murdered at the rate they do not would law enforcement get away with basically not giving a shit about violence towards that community.

The average trans murder number for the past few years has been 27 murders per year. Out of a population of 1.9 million (or .6% of US pop) that puts their murder rate at 1.4 per 100,000. The murder rate overall in the US is 5 per 100,000.

by Anonymousreply 485December 2, 2020 2:39 AM

R478 Last I checked trans people weren't sequestering gay and lesbian people into concentration camps for extermination. That's. a ridiculpus example to use. The holocaust wasn't erasure it was genocide and those aren't the same thing. Don't be so dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 486December 2, 2020 2:41 AM

[quote] There is no way in hell they’re going to be able to cast her as a 5’ tall man unless she plays a dwarf.

No way!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 487December 2, 2020 2:41 AM

R453 over half of Mt"F" are straight men, most in their 30's - 60's, who are cross dressers/fetishists. They gain sexual pleasure from holding women's clothing/pretending to be feminine. These autogynophile/fetishists take it to the next level, by proclaiming themselves to be women. Some get breast implants to further their fetish. But they all keep their dicks, as they are straight and still want to fuck women.

by Anonymousreply 488December 2, 2020 2:42 AM

R485 I would be curious to see how many of those cases ended in arrest and prosecution. I don't think its unreasonable to say that law enforcement doesn't put the same emphasis on solving trans murder cases as they do cute white woman and rich white men.

by Anonymousreply 489December 2, 2020 2:44 AM

The trans movement steals another lesbian...

by Anonymousreply 490December 2, 2020 2:45 AM

Why not Elmo Page ?

by Anonymousreply 491December 2, 2020 2:48 AM

R489 given that a lot of murdered trans are prostitutes and black, I would not be surprised if the statistics for solving murder cases matched that of other black people.

However please accept that the "trans women are being murdered all the time!!!" falsehood as just another way trans activists try to manipulate people into doing what they want. Repeat anything often enough and some percentage of the population will believe it. The tactic worked for Hitler, as well as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 492December 2, 2020 2:48 AM

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: it was those damned Trailer Park Boys that messed her up with their skeevy drunken fuckeries!

by Anonymousreply 493December 2, 2020 2:50 AM

Netflix has changed ALL of Elliot's credits.

by Anonymousreply 494December 2, 2020 2:50 AM

I've noticed this about our country - as soon as a minority group starts to gain acceptance with the mainstream they immediately have to start punching down and finding someone who they can feel "better than." Jewish people not supporting Irish imigrants. Irish not supporting the black people, black people not supporting gays, gays not supporting trans and so forth. It's a wierd pattern we have here. And supporting isn't even the right word, you don't have to support, just don't actively work against and spread hate. It's not that hard

by Anonymousreply 495December 2, 2020 2:50 AM

People keep saying that trans can't erase anyone because they're not strong enough for that. But they erased gay men from the Stonewall riots. This is not anyone's fantasy here - it is something that demonstrably happened. They may not even have much power on their own, but power in matters of society and culture is rarely something so easy to isolate and measure. People may be weak on their own but have powerful allies. Trans people had powerful allies in Stonewall war they waged against gay men. I see two such groups: a) young women (many of them, actresses or vloggers) who are not very smart, but love to embrace these small social media revolts; and b) gay journalists who don't understand gay history but want to be popular with a) crowd and understood that bashing gay men, erasing us from our history, putting "trans women of color" in our stead was needed to retain or acquire popularity as a gay man with these people.

by Anonymousreply 496December 2, 2020 2:51 AM

[quote] they wouldn't be getting murdered at the rate they are

We need statistics on this assertion.

And we also need statistics as to how many of them are professional cocksuckers (ie prostitutes).

by Anonymousreply 497December 2, 2020 2:51 AM

R482 no one is denying that they are male or female people that have mental issues. They are not being erased as anything. What many of us are saying is that we are not going to deny reality for them because it's "polite".

Their issue stems from telling people they are something they are biologically unable to be. Don't pee on my boots and tell me it's raining, in other words.

by Anonymousreply 498December 2, 2020 2:53 AM

R497 being a sex worker doesn't mean you deserve violence as your comment implies. I don't know if that's what you meant, but it certainly sounds that way.

by Anonymousreply 499December 2, 2020 2:54 AM

Just generally, I really wish people would stop invoking Hitler and the holocaust to make a point. It's never the same and it really is disrespectful to all the people who died in concentration camps and WW2 as a whole

by Anonymousreply 500December 2, 2020 2:55 AM

🌞[italic] It's A Brutaful Day Day In The Neighborhood !

by Anonymousreply 501December 2, 2020 2:56 AM

R500 they're dead, we can't harm them now.

by Anonymousreply 502December 2, 2020 2:56 AM

R499 Sensible sex workers use Webcams and Only Fans.

It's no longer necessary to give up your body to be used by the trash of human society.

by Anonymousreply 503December 2, 2020 2:58 AM

R502 Sure, but you diminish the horrors of the holocaust by comparing it to things that aren't even close in magnitutude as those atrocities were. And when you do that you leave the door open for something like that to happen again.

by Anonymousreply 504December 2, 2020 2:59 AM

R503 What is your point?

by Anonymousreply 505December 2, 2020 3:00 AM

If trans people were regally getting murdered at the rate they claimed to be maybe they wouldn't be EVERYWHERE but it feels like everywhere I look there is a new trans person.

by Anonymousreply 506December 2, 2020 3:01 AM

R499 that isn't what he said at all. Prostitution is an illegal act in most places in the US, so you are already a criminal for doing it. This also means you may not be around the best elements as both parties are aware they are breaking the law and choosing to do so.

Whether or not it SHOULD be illegal is another issue, but let's face it, most prostitutes are not future scientists and professors.

by Anonymousreply 507December 2, 2020 3:01 AM

R504 Your first sentence proclaims the winners of the Oppression Olympics. The Absolute Winner! From 1940 Until the End of Time!

by Anonymousreply 508December 2, 2020 3:02 AM

Better names than Elliot....

Elmer Edmund Edgar Eddy Edgy Egg...

by Anonymousreply 509December 2, 2020 3:02 AM

I don't get what all this fussin' and fuedin' and fightin' is all about?

by Anonymousreply 510December 2, 2020 3:02 AM

[quote] I would be curious to see how many of those cases ended in arrest and prosecution.

Someone actually has been keeping track of this. In 2018 the clearance rate involving the arrest and prosecution where a trans person was a murdered was 52%. The national average that year was a 49% clearance rate on homicides.

by Anonymousreply 511December 2, 2020 3:03 AM

R504 I suggest you read a history book. You will find it awash in atrocities that people have forgotten about.

by Anonymousreply 512December 2, 2020 3:04 AM

R8 That is it!!!

by Anonymousreply 513December 2, 2020 3:04 AM

R511 oh wow! I would not have expected that. The overall rate seems low to me. I always thought it was practically impossible to get away with murder these days. But apparently it's essentially a coin toss. Who knew.

by Anonymousreply 514December 2, 2020 3:05 AM

"He doesn't need to get surgery. He could pass for a man now!"

by Anonymousreply 515December 2, 2020 3:10 AM

Do you think it's cos she didnt become the biggest lesbian Ellen?

by Anonymousreply 516December 2, 2020 3:15 AM

“The statistics are staggering” ?? Bullshit. Most trannies who are killed are killed because they’re drug addicts and sex workers. They’re killed because of THAT lifestyle, not because they’re trans. Tho like a typically tranny she ignores the thousands of REAL women who are killed every year.

by Anonymousreply 517December 2, 2020 3:15 AM

Fuck this shit. There’s real issues out there in the world.

by Anonymousreply 518December 2, 2020 3:16 AM

In the UK there have been more trans convicted of murder than have been murdered. epidemic indeed

by Anonymousreply 519December 2, 2020 3:23 AM

[quote] “I was straight until no one cared anymore”

That is a very odd thing to say, R8.

by Anonymousreply 520December 2, 2020 3:25 AM

she aint nuffin but a attention ho!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 521December 2, 2020 3:30 AM

What R38 said.

If you're a butch dyke, be a butch dyke and be proud.

What does her announcement mean? Is she going to have a mutilated-looking, barely functional "penis" built out of her forearm fat and skin that she'll have to use a pump to make erect?

That's going to be more "natural" feeling than accepting her sexuality in the body she's got?

by Anonymousreply 522December 2, 2020 3:33 AM

Indeed, R519. And in fact in the grand old TERF capital that is the U.K., home of JK Rowling, and location of the case that today (yesterday, U.K. time) said you can’t hand out puberty blockers like sweeties to under 18s (now “trans kids” have no rights!! Etc), a grand total of zero... er, let’s count again... that’s, zero trans people have been recorded as having been murdered this year, and we are of course in December. This is a happy fact that it’s such a safe place to live if you’re trans; you can have a whole island full of TERFs debating all kinds of things and not much “literal violence” results. Who knew.

Even the stats for the US and Brazil (which always skew the global numbers) suggest that trans murders are a little lower than average versus population (as has been cited above), and very rarely hate crimes. Usually trans women are killed by their male partners (including clients killing sex workers), as most cis women who are murdered are killed by their male partners, and not for “transphobia” but just because that’s what men sometimes do to women they are with.

There’s essentially, no epidemic of violence against trans people. That will not stop this falsehood being asserted over and over anytime soon, including by clueless idiots desperate to be relevant again for fifteen minutes like E. Page.

by Anonymousreply 523December 2, 2020 3:35 AM

r429, if you are white, can you visualize what it's like to be black? I know I can somewhat put myself in others' shoes but to actually LIVE that experience, I cannot no matter how badly I wish to be black. It's the same with gender. You can sort of imagine what it might be like to be a woman but you can never possibly know. I submit as evidence some transwomen being envious of having a menstrual cycle. If they truly thought they were women, they would know that ALL women hate their cycle and wish they didn't have to be burdened with 40 + years of their lives bleeding through clothing and sheets and cramps and having to wake up every 2 hours in the night on your heavy flow days to change your tampon.

by Anonymousreply 524December 2, 2020 3:38 AM

every now and again I am reminded just how fucking much I hate the term TERF. The biggest load of thinly veiled misogynistic bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 525December 2, 2020 3:42 AM

“Authentic self” all mutilated by surgeons knife and raved with carcinogenic hormone treatments. Lol. Putting testosterone in a woman doesn’t transform shit, it’s literally just putting testosterone in a woman.

by Anonymousreply 526December 2, 2020 3:47 AM

So this whole speech was a lie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527December 2, 2020 3:47 AM

Personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 528December 2, 2020 3:48 AM

r527 meh coming out as gay on stage to applause just simply wasn't enough

by Anonymousreply 529December 2, 2020 4:05 AM

R527, apparently it was a lie. And her coming out today has just set lesbians back about 20 years in the progress we've made. How many parents of lesbians told them, "It's just a phase. You will grow out of it" etc. And now this idiot completely changes her story and says she's a dickless man and now, parents around the country are looking at their gay daughters thinking they just might be men and wouldn't that be better than having a carpet licker for a daughter? And now that she's a man in a "straight" relationship, she's not one of us anymore. So she doesn't get to claim to be LGB ever again. She's essentially saying she's straight.

Also, I would have SOME respect for Trans folk if they dropped the term TERF and stopped expecting lesbians to suck their cocks and then yelling into the wind about how we are somehow not supporting them. They label anyone who tells the truth about basic biology as a TERF and leave chaos in their wake. JK Rowling simply agreed that only women menstruate and now look at how she's been attacked. Their schtick is old and people are waking up to it. Women are the ones having to point out that the Emperors have no clothes...or in this case a vagina. How sad that American society is trying to be so fucking "woke" that we are essentially denying facts and science now.

by Anonymousreply 530December 2, 2020 4:09 AM

What kind of roles can a 5 foot trans man get in Hollywood? Danny devitos son?

by Anonymousreply 531December 2, 2020 4:15 AM

She was so pretty when she was younger

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532December 2, 2020 4:19 AM

Elliot, be careful if considering testosterone hormone therapy. I know this sounds superficial, but a significant number of male transexuals with hormone affirming therapy experience hair loss. (Google the studies.) If this is important to you, be sure to talk to the doctors about the risks.

by Anonymousreply 533December 2, 2020 4:22 AM

R533 She already doesn’t have any hair.

by Anonymousreply 534December 2, 2020 4:24 AM

It's possible that the Umbrella Academy character could change sex during a time jump.

Sparrow Academy?

by Anonymousreply 535December 2, 2020 4:26 AM

Did Chaz Bono get a dick? i cant remember

by Anonymousreply 536December 2, 2020 4:28 AM

She bought one at the Pleasure Chest, r536

by Anonymousreply 537December 2, 2020 4:30 AM

They think aggression makes them a man. And the hat and playing big daddy while they get their kicks in bed with a ripe swine. It’s all pathology baby.

by Anonymousreply 538December 2, 2020 4:30 AM

[quote] I wonder what Geraldine Page would have to say about this?

I wonder what this Geraldine would say:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539December 2, 2020 4:36 AM

[quote]Why do you care what a trans person does with their body? That is no more acceptable than a politician wanting to legislate who gyas and lesbians should be fucking or not fucking. It is none of your business and doesn't harm you so stay out of it. If you don't agree with transitioning, then dont transition nad leave it at that. Trying to delegitimize and vilify them makes you no better than homophobes who want to strip us of our rights. How do you not see the irony and hypocrisy of your position?

If your brain were functioning at a higher level, you would understand the ill effects of all this in terms of legitimizing the insanity of "trans" people to the point where any gay or lesbian young person will be made to feel THAT'S what they are and will be pressured into mutilating their bodies to confirm to the new order. That's why people should absolutely be free to call out these sad, pathetic, brainwashed "trans" individuals for what they are. Understand now?

by Anonymousreply 540December 2, 2020 4:37 AM

Curiosity got the best of me and I had a look at those gender reassignment post ops female to male.

The penis' look really weird and very ugly to be honest. They look nothing like the real deal. Not even close.

The scarring from the donor site on the thigh looks really bad as well.

Surely a strap on is a better deal than those ugly looking things.

by Anonymousreply 541December 2, 2020 4:37 AM

Blah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542December 2, 2020 4:39 AM

.....if you say so

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543December 2, 2020 4:42 AM

It's a disaster all around

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544December 2, 2020 4:43 AM

I believe that everyone has the right to be happy in their lives in whichever way they need to pursue that to be happy. I'm not fully on the trans/non-binary bandwagon, but to each their own. with that said, I still have difficulties wrapping this around my head and fully understanding and appreciating it. And I'm a very liberal person.

My question is, why did Elliot close the down on Ellen, to take on a male persona, but then also claimed they are non-binary? This is the kind of silliness that makes me question the mental health of most of these people. The whole point in supposedly being "non-binary" is that the person doesn't subscribe to being female or male, however strange that is. But to disconnect oneself from their lesbian identity and decide to become "male" by taking on a male name, and dressing like a male, but wants to be referred to as he/they, and non-binary? This is unnecessarily fucking weird.

I think Elliot just made The Umbrella Academy have it's 3rd and final season. He'll be too distracting to the ongoing plot, and you know Netflix rolled their eyes, but are keeping him to save face and backlast from SJWs on SM.

by Anonymousreply 545December 2, 2020 4:45 AM

DEADNAMING!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546December 2, 2020 4:47 AM

Enjoy the replies at R546

by Anonymousreply 547December 2, 2020 4:48 AM

Will Ellen Degeneres become Elvis Degeneres soon enough?

by Anonymousreply 548December 2, 2020 4:48 AM

[quote] Just generally, I really wish people would stop invoking Hitler and the holocaust to make a point. It's never the same and it really is disrespectful to all the people who died in concentration camps and WW2 as a whole

With all due respect, the War of 1812 doesn't pack quite the same punch.

by Anonymousreply 549December 2, 2020 4:53 AM

[quote]But to disconnect oneself from their lesbian identity and decide to become "male" by taking on a male name, and dressing like a male, but wants to be referred to as he/they, and non-binary? This is unnecessarily fucking weird.

It's just the latest iteration of "I'm so extra special".

by Anonymousreply 550December 2, 2020 4:54 AM

R547 What a bunch of loons

by Anonymousreply 551December 2, 2020 4:54 AM

"Since Elliot Page was so widely known by his former name, we're using it in our 1st tweet/article ONLY. This decision also abides by GLAAD's guidance when referring to celebrities who come out as trans."

Jesus Christ, nobody should be following the guidelines of GLAAD.

by Anonymousreply 552December 2, 2020 4:59 AM

"People love to complain about "masc-for-masc" culture in the gay community and demonize masculine gay men as a byproduct of "toxic masculinity" but then turn around and try to convince femme gays that they're women trapped in men's bodies. I don't get it. They bitch about the lack of femme gays or the rejection of femme gays in the gay community but then try to turn every femme gay into a trans woman."

I think the vast majority of people can understand that it all exists and can coexist- masc gay men, femme gay men, gay men who are neither, trans people, etc.

by Anonymousreply 553December 2, 2020 5:02 AM

Let's start a group called GLAAGLAAD: Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, that demands Hollywood stop supporting this glorified form of ex-gay therapy.

by Anonymousreply 554December 2, 2020 5:02 AM

"Well, gay isn’t as high on the victim totem pole these days.

Ellen “I was straight until no one cared anymore” Page always has to work an angle."

Said the poor prosecuted Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 555December 2, 2020 5:02 AM

R553 speaks bullshit. They cannot reasonably co-exist because one is a result of bigotry against the other.

by Anonymousreply 556December 2, 2020 5:04 AM

The loons at R546 are just like the Indigenous tribes on the north coast of Australia.

They said it was a crime to mention the name of some highly-publicised singer who died last year and that one should respect the tribal protocol.

The next day some other tribe said it was crime to reproduce his photo. Another tribe said you could print his photo but not speak his name. And yet another said you had to wait for the passing of 10 moons before speaking the name.

by Anonymousreply 557December 2, 2020 5:04 AM

Girl has been trans for 5 minutes and manages to spout all the bullshit about oppression and trans murders.

Bitch probably hopes to be the first trans to get an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 558December 2, 2020 5:06 AM

R540 Andd if you had higher brain function you would realize that your argument is the exact same used in the past against gays and lesbians. If we give gays and lesbians rights then unsuspecting young straights will choose to be gay as well. Understand now?

Since when are gays and lesbians so easily swayed, especially into surgery and hormone therapy. Sure there may be a few, but I suspect that's the exception not the rule.

by Anonymousreply 559December 2, 2020 5:08 AM

Is she gonna chop off her boobs and/or buy a penis?

by Anonymousreply 560December 2, 2020 5:08 AM

"Millennials and Get Z are incapable of seeing the need for generalities. All they see is themselves. So now you have to read everyone's proudly curated user's manual before you can interact with them in any way. "

Part of that has to be social media and the internet from the moment they can walk and talk. It almost demands an obsession with self, attention, feedback.

by Anonymousreply 561December 2, 2020 5:13 AM

I realize trans has definitely trended upwards - there's more than there were before. But, do some of you really live in communities where they're "everywhere" and the majority of femme gays or butch lesbians are now trans? I live in a fairly big city and I just don't see it that much, and I still see plenty of femme gays and butch lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 562December 2, 2020 5:24 AM

"The loons at [R546] are just like the Indigenous tribes on the north coast of Australia.

They said it was a crime to mention the name of some highly-publicised singer who died last year and that one should respect the tribal protocol.

The next day some other tribe said it was crime to reproduce his photo. Another tribe said you could print his photo but not speak his name. And yet another said you had to wait for the passing of 10 moons before speaking the name."

So Aussie aborigines have individual opinions about the same topic?

How disconcerting for a simple minded bigot like you.

by Anonymousreply 563December 2, 2020 5:25 AM

r559 The difference is that all that happens when someone mistakenly thinks they might be gay is suck a dick or 2, or become a 'lesbian' in college. Thats all. Go trans and you change your body, in many cases, irreversibly. Dont act like they are comparable.

And also, most of the discussion is around children making this decision. Elliot is free to make his own choices as a fully formed adult. Do I think there are cultural/ social things which influence this decision that I dont agree with? Yes. But at the end of the day they can do whatever they feel to make themselves happy. However, pushing the narrative that a child is born in the wrong body or that they dont fit neatly into gender stereotypes makes them the opposite sex is regressive and damaging. Most of those children grow out of it, and most of those children then go on to be gay adults. Its LITTERALLY conversion therapy and I won't call it anything less. Im so sick of people like you acting as though people who have an issue with extreme gender ideology are 'punching' down, or have no empathy for people. Fuck you, I do. Indeed thats why I speak out!!!

by Anonymousreply 564December 2, 2020 5:30 AM

I don't get FTM. I understand MTF. Women are pretty and interesting and mysterious. But why would any woman want to be a hairy bloke?

by Anonymousreply 565December 2, 2020 5:31 AM

Elliot was famous as Ellen for two decades. He's been trans for 24 hours. But according to the twitter brigade, there is no reason whatsoever at ALL to ever say Ellen again and if you do...VIOLENCE.

by Anonymousreply 566December 2, 2020 5:33 AM

What about when they will play old movies in which Page appeared, on tv? Will they change the name at the beginning of the movie and at the closing credits to Elliot?

by Anonymousreply 567December 2, 2020 5:38 AM

The whole "literal violence " joke has been old. Can we come up with something new please?

by Anonymousreply 568December 2, 2020 5:39 AM

Have they ever done that for any other trans actor? R567

by Anonymousreply 569December 2, 2020 5:40 AM

[quote] But why would any woman want to be a hairy bloke?

They turn into a short hairy bloke. A hobbit.

by Anonymousreply 570December 2, 2020 5:42 AM

They like certain names don’t they? Elliot is one. There’s another woman named that. They fetishize men.

by Anonymousreply 571December 2, 2020 5:51 AM

Elliot Page, wasn't I married to him?

James, go to the bookstore in the mall and look up my past in one of the biographies.

by Anonymousreply 572December 2, 2020 5:55 AM

Or...it's similar to the name he's always had. Occams razor.

by Anonymousreply 573December 2, 2020 5:55 AM

Or...it's similar to the name he's always had. Occams razor.

by Anonymousreply 574December 2, 2020 5:55 AM

R574 I’ve never seen ‘iot’ added to a name. She should be Allen.

by Anonymousreply 575December 2, 2020 6:03 AM

She needed to keep the same initials so she doesn't have to throw out her monogramed towels.

by Anonymousreply 576December 2, 2020 6:08 AM

Stunning and brave!

by Anonymousreply 577December 2, 2020 6:28 AM

[quote] so when a child goes to their parent and says, I'm gay at 16, do you think it would be acceptable for the parent to respond with "you don't know what you want, let's see how you feel at 21." People would call those parents homophobic and unsupportive. Yet when its trans children somehow they have less agency over their feelings and experiences? [R69] I really find that hard to believe.

Being gay is not a matter of ‘agency’. When you’re gay—and typically you know after puberty, if not sooner—that is not something you’re likely to grow out of. And it doesn’t require altering your body; you’re simply homosexual. Nothing further needs to be done.

But when you feel you may be trans and think it would be a good idea to alter your body, that’s when age and maturity come into play. The human brain is not mature at 16, it doesn’t fully mature until a person is about 26. (Even then, some of us remain juvenile nitwits for at least another decade.)

Again, enough with the gay/trans false equivalence.

by Anonymousreply 578December 2, 2020 6:34 AM

What I find hilarious is str8 guys that have a trans man fetish never fuck real men, and are the first to scream they are not faggots so do trans men not have a problem with that? Aren't these straight men committing literal violence by claiming they are fucking women? Of course these messed up chicks won't say shit because of their str8 women privilege. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 579December 2, 2020 6:54 AM

What I find hilarious is str8 guys that have a trans man fetish never fuck real men, and are the first to scream they are not faggots so do trans men not have a problem with that? Aren't these straight men committing literal violence by claiming they are fucking women? Of course these messed up chicks won't say shit because of their str8 women privilege. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 580December 2, 2020 6:55 AM

R451 pulled that out of your front hole or your back hole?

by Anonymousreply 581December 2, 2020 6:56 AM

Christ, it’s less then 24 hours, how can I possibly keep up with this thread if I’m only arriving now? Can anyone just give me the cliff notes before it hits six hundred?

by Anonymousreply 582December 2, 2020 7:03 AM

TRANS ETIQUETTE!!

YOU BETTER LEARN IT, BITCHES!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583December 2, 2020 7:07 AM

They certainly do like to turn a new “page” frequently don’t they!

by Anonymousreply 584December 2, 2020 7:32 AM

Look at this ugly, sour looking bull. She’s the wife of Allen page, a “dancer”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585December 2, 2020 8:34 AM

Live trans everyday!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586December 2, 2020 8:37 AM

R582. Ellen Page (woman) is now Elliot page (a trans man who is non-binary). (Don't think too hard about that.) We don't know if any body or chemical modifications are or will be implemented. We haven't seen the new look but are expecting a cross between Eddie Munster and Reeve Carney. Elliot brand value has temporarily increased due to woke casting points but may sink down if finally there is no there there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587December 2, 2020 8:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588December 2, 2020 8:54 AM

Well, congrats on her ‘achievement’. Most people in the world are simply struggling to get by with their lives and don’t have time for quasi narcissistic shit like changing their gender. What difference does it really make what pronouns you have?

by Anonymousreply 589December 2, 2020 9:01 AM

Word R589.

by Anonymousreply 590December 2, 2020 9:03 AM

R89 Should be the only response in this post. But it's not so i shall jabber on. Quasi narcissistic indeed! I find it interesting it needs to be announced at all and its still so important for all of us to change to make someone feel more secure about who they are. This whole movement feels contradictory or hypocritical. Counter-intuitive maybe...

by Anonymousreply 591December 2, 2020 9:18 AM

Oops i meant R589

by Anonymousreply 592December 2, 2020 9:20 AM

I’m sure she’s aiming for earnest but simply comes off as hopelessly self involved.

by Anonymousreply 593December 2, 2020 9:21 AM

Non-binary lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594December 2, 2020 9:25 AM

So he's now basically a wealthy straight white man?

by Anonymousreply 595December 2, 2020 9:37 AM

Word R525.

[quote] some transwomen being envious of having a menstrual cycle. If they truly thought they were women, they would know that ALL women hate their cycle and wish they didn't have to be burdened with 40 + years of their lives bleeding through clothing and sheets and cramps and having to wake up every 2 hours in the night on your heavy flow days to change your tampon.

R524 yes, precisely.

Last night I was up past midnight, scrubbing my coverlet with cold water and soap in my dark cold bathroom (can’t remember the number of garments & bedclothes I’ve ruined in the past not getting to stains in time), while I tried to not cry or throw up from the pain stabbing through my abdomen. Then I crawled back into a stripped bed, feeling like utter shit, swollen and dizzy and laboured of breath, with the taste of my toothpaste blending horribly with iron tablets I had to take after dinner.

And I’m one of the lucky few with short (three-day) menstrual cycles that have manageable levels of localised pain. I don’t get the other symptoms that so many women get: migraines, blackouts and dead faints, asthma attacks, violent mood swings, uncontrollable cravings, diarrhoea, etc. I went to a single-sex school, so I have seen the gamut of horrors. My sister has to hop up on borderline-illegal levels of codeine for a week, every single month, so she can basically function and move from her bedroom floor.

The day comes when there’s a magic bullet with no side-effects to allow healthy fertile women a life without periods, there is no female alive who isn’t taking that deal. They call it the ‘Curse’ for a reason. Why anyone would long for this experience, I have no idea.

At best, it binds us all in a sisterhood of resilience, and makes us at once empathetic - it’s a rite of adolescence to take another confused crying girl to the bathroom - and dangerous - how many other animals do you know that bleed out pints of their own blood and experience dry runs of pregnancy pain a dozen times a year? But males who haven’t grown up with that sisterhood from age 12 can’t ever understand it or share in it, and menstruating females like Page who want to pretend they aren’t in that sisterhood can’t ever truly wash of their hands (or sheets) of it.

And that’s an interesting point - how is Ellen/Elliot explaining away her cycle? Is she subscribing to that ‘some men have periods’ horseshit?

by Anonymousreply 596December 2, 2020 9:47 AM

Not to encourage deadnaming, but I noticed that most of the twatterers on the feed at R546 are fucking batshit upon closer inspection.

by Anonymousreply 597December 2, 2020 10:00 AM

Not to encourage deadnaming, but I noticed that most of the twatterers on the feed at R546 are fucking batshit upon closer inspection.

by Anonymousreply 598December 2, 2020 10:00 AM

She’s either he (a man) or non-binary (neither man nor woman).........but definitely not a woman.

by Anonymousreply 599December 2, 2020 10:02 AM

What all this stems from, is that fact that our society makes it traumatic and undesirable for women to age - especially ingenue actresses who get by on their childlike youthfulness and innocence.

Page didn’t want to lose her career (that did take some talent, work and sacrifice, let’s be clear) or her image, but knew that as a woman in her thirties and counting she would invariably be offered a dwindling pool of awful archetypical roles (at best aunt, spinster, Frau) then pushed to the margin of the business in short order - unless she found either a loophole to escape the pigeonhole of middle-aged women, or a way to level up like the character actresses of legend (Streep, Lange, Close, undsoweiter). She chose the first option.

That’s the sad thing about this. It’s a move made to save her creative life and to prevent doors closing on her, not to improve her personal life and open new doors. Maybe if the world didn’t deny women an existence for the crime of ageing, shit like this wouldn’t be happening so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600December 2, 2020 10:03 AM

5'1"

by Anonymousreply 601December 2, 2020 10:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!