Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Electric Fireplaces

Does anyone here have one?

It seems cozier than just a regular space heater.

My only worry is that they could be a fire hazard.

But I really want one for the holidays!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2020 12:35 PM

They're cheesy.

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2020 3:36 PM

Hideous. Why not just put in a real one?

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2020 3:45 PM

Not cheesy at all. We have two, one in the living room and another in the family room. People either think they are either real or gas. They warm up a room nicely and add lots of atmosphere.

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2020 3:47 PM

Are they a fire hazard, R3?

Do any special precautions have to be taken, before getting one?

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2020 3:49 PM

Wayfair has some nice-looking fireplace TV stands. I would guess if you can put a TV on top, it is constructed from fire-resistant materials.

I would get one if I didn’t have a fireplace. I’ve also seen heaters that look like little wood stoves, which would work in small spaces.

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2020 3:51 PM

Some of the more expensive electric fireplaces look like real ones!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2020 4:07 PM

R4, no they are not a fire hazard. A "real" fireplace is a much greater hazard.

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2020 12:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!