Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What if aliens are time travelers?

What if they're just whatever species that comes after homo sapiens sapiens and they've traveled back in time to warn us about shit or to spy on us? It'd be the same as us figuring out time travel and going back to visit Australopithecus.

It makes sense since aliens bodies are smaller but their heads (brain capacity) are bigger. They don't need as robust bodies since they can do pretty much everything via telekinesis.

Well? Have you ever thought of that?

by Anonymousreply 75December 3, 2020 6:43 PM

There's a guy with the last name Anka, Paul Anka's cousin, who says he and some friends were kidnapped or something by beings from the future, and who then started channelling a future being who says he has some human DNA and he comes here to offer guidance.

There's a lot more to it than that, but it's been a few years since I read about him, and I don't remember details.

by Anonymousreply 1November 29, 2020 6:18 AM

That’s an interesting theory op

by Anonymousreply 2November 29, 2020 6:19 AM

Yeah, because I read this online already.

It's more fun to believe that they aren't human.

by Anonymousreply 3November 29, 2020 6:24 AM

I don't think they're exactly human, R3, but they could be the species that dominates after humans die off.

by Anonymousreply 4November 29, 2020 6:38 AM

Why would they time travel to affect the past and jeopardize their existence in the future?

by Anonymousreply 5November 29, 2020 6:54 AM

Because in the future they're all sterile.

Because they can only exist by guiding us to our eradication

Because they can

by Anonymousreply 6November 29, 2020 1:38 PM

Shhhhhhhhhh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 29, 2020 3:41 PM

Well why don’t they give us some guidance we can use dammit! Stop kidnapping weirdos and help with global warming or cancer! Stupid aliens

by Anonymousreply 8November 29, 2020 3:46 PM

Maybe they've been trying, R8.

by Anonymousreply 9November 29, 2020 4:07 PM

Life is not your favorite science fiction tropes. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2020 4:09 PM

The prevailing thought is that the big headed greys are just the worker bees for some of the 7 or 8 alien races currently on earth. The greys are bred specifically to do the grunt work while their overlords who look very much like human beings have infiltrated the human race undetected by the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 11November 29, 2020 4:12 PM

If you get really deep into alien abduction it’s obvious something is going on but who knows what

by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2020 10:46 PM

RH negative blood types are abducted more than any other type. We also are related to aliens somehow, they fucked Neanderthals, or did some weird sex insertion into stone age chicks. So them time traveling is a given.

Don't worry guys, when our alien ancestors take over, we will have a "friends" list so they will not eat you RH positives.

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2020 11:14 PM

I heard it's people with green eyes that are related to aliens, R13. Or, maybe they're hybrids.

by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2020 7:21 AM

Didn't Einstein theorize that Time Travel is one way, into the future?

by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2020 7:51 AM

That makes me sad. You never hear about them having huge cocks.

I don't want a tinymeat future.

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2020 7:58 AM

They won't have any cocks, R16. You'll be dead by then so don't be sad.

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2020 8:05 AM

I believe what we call time travel is just taking a side step into a different timeline that started either before or after our timeline began. The further one would step away from the original timeline the more different the timelines become where, say, Hitler did win WWII or Elvis is still alive and The Golden Girls fan club is a cult even more depraved than Nxivm.

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2020 8:20 AM

R17 I am sure that whatever molecules that were once me that are left at some future point will still want big cock.

by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2020 8:20 AM

No aliens, but guides.

I believe instead there are dimensions that run right alongside and are hinged on ours, not completely hidden, but not obvious until you absolutely need them. Some are predetermined and others optional.... it’s sort of like when you go to the eye doctor, and they fine tune your vision prescription by turning the lenses and asking you which “looks” better... most of the time the transitions are seamless, unless it’s a life threatening or life changing event. An addict hitting bottom, hearth attack, etc.

This is where a guide or several assigned to you might assist. Not to sound like a cliche but they’re there to reveal “the best version of the reality you’re meant to live”. Hard drugs or mental illness can often mess with the reality continuumand people can “pop” out of it, not recommended.

I also believe time and space exist only in this plane, but not others, where guides exist in- so they’re there already at hand and know more than we do and are updated realtime for the moments you really need them.

I had my three dogs in the car and when I went to open the door one scurried out. I ran after him and he ran directly into traffic and right under an 18 wheeler, I slipped, cut my ankle deeply on a post and when I got up I ran towards him screaming “NO, NO, NO!” . Here’s where it gets weird.

I didn’t just see what was in front of me, but it was like a kaleidoscope- I could see every other variation in my mind as well. Time stood still and I saw every other result- having to explain to my husband the dog was dead on his birthday, etc. Then the most bizarre thing happened, the dog popped out the other side of the truck onto the sidewalk completely unharmed. His leash could’ve gotten caught on the tire, if I hadn’t fallen I might have startled him too soon to turn back and gotten crushed, etc. I don’t know if it was adrenaline, a head rush, having the oxygen knocked out of me or some other easily explainable reason but for just a moment-

Everything was lined up a certain way and at the very last moment I saw the realities switched.

by Anonymousreply 20November 30, 2020 8:54 AM

Great thread. I agree with you, ElderSage R20. What an amazing experience. There is just so much more out there then we can see in our 3D world. I feel like once we are opened up to this possibility then more experiences that show this tend to come our way. This has been my personal experience. I’m in awe of it all. I definitely believe that we have guides as well.

by Anonymousreply 21November 30, 2020 9:13 AM

I think they're us from the future, and come back just to make fun of and mess with us.

by Anonymousreply 22November 30, 2020 9:16 AM

Time travel into the past is something that humans won’t ever learn how to do, if it’s even ever possible. If it were ever discovered, we’d be bumping into these time-traveling people all the time.

by Anonymousreply 23November 30, 2020 9:20 AM

The aliens are fascinated by the antebellum period, but miss it sometimes by as much as 150 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 30, 2020 9:25 AM

Time travel is not possible for any practical purposes, and is probably theoretically impossible if you’re talking about going backwards in time. Going forward in time somewhat slower relative to others may be possible, but even that involves prohibitively difficult logistics. The concept of time travel makes for interesting science fiction, but attempts to accomplish it have about the same chances as that depicted in [italic] Napoleon Dynamite. [/italic]

by Anonymousreply 25November 30, 2020 9:50 AM

If you've ever taken ayahuasca or anything like it and had a 'breakthrough' psychedelic experience, then you've likely traveled elsewhere in a sense and perceived that that version of reality felt more real than this one.

The active psychedelic agent in ayahuasca is DMT. The human brain also manufactures DMT for reasons that are not understood; however, it is speculated that DMT is released just before death and that it may be released sometimes spontaneously, resulting in near-death experiences and/or spritual visions.

Johns Hopkins University scientists heard so many consistent reports of people encountering and interacting with beings that they describe variously as aliens/extraterrestrials, angels, demons and "machine elves" (a term coined by psychedelics researcher Terrence McKenna) that the university is presently collecting and comparing experiences to see how similar they are. The idea is that if a large number of people independently report having 'met' similar beings under the influence of this chemical, then that would suggest that they are more likely to be either real or else some sort of deep archetype in all our minds rather than imagined.

My one true breakthrough experience did feel more real than reality and I carry that memory with me, that somehow there was a feeling then that all sensory perception was so much clearer than it is in this hazy dreamlike world, and I had a very different experience of time, as if all moments exist simultaneously, but here, in these bodies with these senses, time is simply a way in which those experiences are laid out, like pages in a book, so that we can experience each moment separately, one at a time, in a sequence; whereas, in reality, they're all happening at one time.

The point of all this with respect to the notion of alien beings is that we tend to assume that aliens must be extraterrestrial, material beings of flesh and blood and bone, that fly around in metal vehicles and do things to our physical bodies, and it may be that they are 'extradimensional' and are real but not in a way that we presently accept as part of reality.

One thing that irks me about our exploration as self-identified intelligent beings is that we only look for life as we know it in space and in the oceans and on Earth. We may be missing life as we don't yet know it everywhere. To find it, we'll need to accept that our senses and our brains are designed to filter out far more information that exists in our present reality than they are designed to perceive. When the antenna of the mind is tuned differently, different realities, potentially including different sentient beings, can become known to us.

by Anonymousreply 26November 30, 2020 10:12 AM

We are all time traveling into the furniture at a rate of one day per day.

by Anonymousreply 27November 30, 2020 10:18 AM

Sofa, so good!

by Anonymousreply 28November 30, 2020 10:19 AM

R20 here again and yes, I agree with R26, the alternate realities I saw were NO different than the end result reality of the dog coming out the other side of the truck unharmed. In that moment I felt the edges of each of them solidly. This has happened to me before, it was only this time that I realized each still very much exist alongside each other.

It felt like before digital film when you see the hiccup of one reel splicing into another at the movie theater.

by Anonymousreply 29November 30, 2020 10:42 AM

[quote]Why would they time travel to affect the past and jeopardize their existence in the future?

If there are humans thousands of years in the future, there will be the same 25% to 35% of dipshits and crazies in their population as there are in ours. It's apparently genetic and it will never go away.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was a joke, obviously, but the idea of idiot rich kid aliens buzzing Earth while wearing dealy-boppers on their heads and shouting "Meep! Meep!" is probably not that far off the mark, as these things go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 30, 2020 10:55 AM

Eldersage at r20, a lot of our perceptions involve the brain filling in the blanks and even tricking us. A good example is chronostasis, or the illusion that a second hand on an analogue clock lingers longer on the first second when you look at it than it does on subsequent seconds. There have been studies showing similar illusions can happen with other senses like sound. Distortions of time perception are quite common.

The brain also adapts for missing vision in naturally occurring blind spots, during blinks, etc. On top of that, the human brain has an unending capacity to pick out patterns even when none exists, theorized by some as being a skill learned in pre-humanity when we were seeking to find hidden animals or other pre-humans in the brush, possibly laying in wait.

Combine all that with the mind's ability to predict the outcome of an event, plus your adrenaline rush from both the dog running into traffic and the pain, and my guess would be your mind was seeing several possible iterations of what it thought might happen. Nothing supernatural, just a miracle of our own brains and bodies.

I'm glad your doggie didn't get run over, at any rate. Pets are a joy but also a handful.

by Anonymousreply 31November 30, 2020 11:09 AM

[quote]What if they're just whatever species that comes after homo sapiens sapiens and they've traveled back in time to warn us about shit or to spy on us?

With any kind of luck, they've traveled back in time to kill us.

Come on alien time travelers, hurry the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 32November 30, 2020 11:15 AM

I think some posters raise a good point. Time travel indicates a motion either forward or backward when what is really happening is that we catch a glimpse of an energy field that's like a window showing us a different world or time. That "window" is around us all the time, but we fail to properly translate the data through our senses to make us aware of it under normal circumstances.

So called mind-altering drugs unlock features we have that make it possible to see these "windows". But, for whatever reason, officials don't want us to be aware and accept that drugs enhance our senses and awareness of what is around us and instead demonize these drugs for making us cuckoo crazy and addicted to a state of mind that shows us so many more opportunities that we are denied by our authority figures.

by Anonymousreply 33November 30, 2020 12:38 PM

The main theories are:

- Extraterrestrials who are able to control/use gravity and can travel great distances with ease. Most of them have probably established bases here on on other planets/moons within our solar system. Also, they may have seeded life on this planet and we are their ‘children’.

- They are AI lifeforms.

- They are ultradimensionals. They live in a world that interpenetrates with our own and our actions affect them in their plane of existence. This explains why nuclear weapon facilities were often the target of UFO incursions.

- They are ultraterrestrials. They are indigenous to planet earth, but a much higher life-form.

- They are the product of an intelligence that can manifest itself in many forms (aliens, elves, monsters, etc.) and it’s not clear what this intelligence wants from us.

- All of the above.

by Anonymousreply 34November 30, 2020 2:22 PM

[quote] They are ultraterrestrials. They are indigenous to planet earth, but a much higher life-form.

To be clear, some of these theories include beings that live underground or under water, and may have evolved differently and possess different technologies. They needn't necessarily be "much higher," but could be "similarly evolved but differently evolved" to human beings.

It's odd to me that most people today regard unfamiliar intelligent life to be imaginary only, given the beliefs and reports throughout history of all sorts of gods and goddesses, angels, ghosts, demons, djins, elves, faeries, sprites and all their kin, now aliens, etc. Whatever we want to call them, it seems something is here with us and they occasionally materialize in some way. Interestingly, whether they are regarded as mostly beneficent or mostly malevolent, reports of all of them sort of fall along a common denominator of "curious, generally harmless but capable of causing harm." Which is pretty much how we are when we capture or observe living beings.

by Anonymousreply 35November 30, 2020 2:38 PM

Random tangent: Has anyone ever seen or felt you came into some kind of contact with someone while meditating?

It has happened to me a few times and it always freaks me out. Twice, I saw these three oval shapes emerge from the fuzzy background and they slowly came into better focus and I saw that they had big eyes and looked, albeit in very rough and unfocused appearance, a lot like grey alien heads. I felt like they were all peering downward at me and just observing and they noticed when I noticed them and I got the most freaked-out feeling and opened my eyes. The first time it happened I thought it was kind of funny and assumed I had drifted off to sleep but the second time it really weirded me out.

And then a few times I've seen an eye that looks exactly like the all-seeing eye on the dollar bill, with the same kind of grainy quality. It emerges in the center of my field of vision and it really freaks me out because I feel like it is looking at me. The longer I look, the more like an eye it becomes, even blinking and just staring at me. Like the other visions, it always ultimately makes me panic and open my eyes. I don't know why.

by Anonymousreply 36November 30, 2020 2:46 PM

I think you need to discuss these manifestations with your dealer r36.

by Anonymousreply 37November 30, 2020 4:10 PM

If the theory of the holographic universe was the definitive origin story, faeries, elves Gods and demons might all make sense as either a glitch or a bleeding in the technology.

by Anonymousreply 38November 30, 2020 4:39 PM

It seems that some of us are not so grounded in reality.

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2020 7:31 AM

There were like five different time-travel episodes of STAR TREK: VOYAGER. Technically, that's aliens (and humanoids) messing with the timeline. Maybe a Seven Of Nine is wandering around somewhere, and we just put that down to eccentricity or mental illness.

The one where the crew went back to 1996 was such a cheap lazy filler premise, but turned out quite to be quite amusing after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2020 9:25 AM

There is no reason to expect intelligence life from another planet, to be humanoid.

I once read the the “eye” has evolved on Earth, perhaps, at least 6 times. This means we might expect aliens to have some kind of visual sense.

Some animals are thought to be able to sense the Earth’s magnetic field. This includes sharks, and birds that migrate. It’s something that humans can’t sense. Alien space travelers might have different senses than we do. If they build spacecraft, they would need to have the physical ability to do so.

by Anonymousreply 41December 1, 2020 9:13 PM

My expectation is that, within the next 40 years, by analyzing the atmosphere of foreign planets by telescope, we will be able to determine that some planets to have post-industrial age chemicals in their atmosphere. Earth’s own birth required a slew of .

Here’s what I think we’ll find:

Water

Proximity to their sun

The moon helps the earth’s climate change by stabilizing the moon’s effect on the environment

A strong magnetic field. The earth has much greater stability than we might expect for a planet of its size.

The presence or absence of a large outer planet, like Jupiter-size, to draw comets and asteroids into it, and then by from hitting earth. (Planet X).

Absence of a steering whale, or wheels.

A small potato planet

All of the above planets have a garden of slime on it.

by Anonymousreply 42December 1, 2020 9:52 PM

When the earth’s argument’s first discussed the matter, when possible.

by Anonymousreply 43December 1, 2020 9:55 PM

[quote] R42: When the proto-earth was first forming, it was hit by another proto-planet, “Thea”.

This caused heavy metals from both planets to sink into the center of the earth, and that created a stronger magnetic field, than might otherwise be expected for a planet that size. Much of the lighter, non-metallic material on the earth was kicked into the atmosphere . It formed a ring, that eventually disappeared This theory was validated by the moon rocks we have collected.

That’s a whole lot of things to see happen.

by Anonymousreply 44December 1, 2020 10:30 PM

I read somewhere that humans have some unidentified DNA.

by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2020 10:44 PM

Excellent thread. Needed a diversion from Covid, Trump, and the rest. A lot of fascinating discussions here. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 46December 1, 2020 11:08 PM

[quote] Some animals are thought to be able to sense the Earth’s magnetic field. This includes sharks, and birds that migrate. It’s something that humans can’t sense.

Likely not the case. I think we have a lot of senses that we don't think of as senses.

I read a book narrated by a Shipibo shaman who said that in his culture everything is human. He said that we see those that sense the world the way we do as human and a jaguar as an animal, whereas the jaguar sees those that sense the world the way it does the way we see humans and those of us who don't as animals. We're all made with exactly the senses and bodies we need to thrive in our environments. We're not more intelligent than other animals, just more specialized in the way that works best for us as social animals that can't survive without clothing but can collaborate to collectively create what we need like termites and bees do. We certainly are dependent on our senses, and we have more than five or sense of them.

Imagination could be called one of our senses. We imagine things and then those things materialize through us collectively. We've imagined extraterrestrials, angels, demons, etc., so...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 1, 2020 11:22 PM

In college I wrote an essay explaining a theory I had about evolution. That in our evolutionary past there was more than one truncation. We have apes as an ancestor that we evolved from, but there was another branch after that one yielded a much more superior humanoid where compared to us, we are the apes. They are extremely advanced beings who have made an elaborate computer simulation to study their ancestors - us. So our lives are actually a computer simulation - a game that they play, watch and learn from.

by Anonymousreply 48December 2, 2020 12:00 AM

So that's why that guy was analing probing me!

by Anonymousreply 49December 2, 2020 1:02 AM

Excuse me, r43. Could you translate that into English?

by Anonymousreply 50December 2, 2020 5:03 AM

time-related:

Einstein developed the concept of “space-time”. Space-time was created during the Big Bang. This means that there is no such thing as “before the Big Bang”, since there was no “time” before the Big Bang.

I like the idea that time is simply a measurement of change. By this I mean, if the Big Bang created everything from nothing, then that “nothing” might have lasted 5 minutes to 5 billion years, but if nothing existed, and therefore nothing changed, it would not be possible to distinguish the passage of time.

If you’re on a train going 50 miles per hour, and you throw a ball down the aisle at 5 mph, the ball would go either 55 mph, or 45 mph, depending on whether you threw the ball forward or backward, relative to the earth. If instead you shined a flash light forward and then backward on that train, the speed of the light coming from the flashlight would not change. It would be going at 299,792,458, miles per second, in either case.

GPS systems depend on a bunch of satellites, to identify distances. In order for the GPS system to work, the engineers who designed them had to account for the satellites experiencing a different rate of time, than people on earth.

by Anonymousreply 51December 2, 2020 5:04 AM

I just had this exact dream! I was sucked up into a ufo by a beam of some kind. I was super scared and freaked out to meet whatever aliens. When I came to my senses on the ship there were 3 or 4 humans standing there. They said they came from the future to help with covid. I didn't understand but I was not so freaked out.

by Anonymousreply 52December 2, 2020 6:29 AM

[Quote] They are extremely advanced beings who have made an elaborate computer simulation to study their ancestors - us. So our lives are actually a computer simulation - a game that they play, watch and learn from.

A most intriguing theory.

by Anonymousreply 53December 2, 2020 7:17 AM

[quote] extremely advanced beings who have made an elaborate computer simulation to study their ancestors - us. So our lives are actually a computer simulation - a game that they play, watch and learn from.

So we’re basically the helpless little sims in a game of CREATURES?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 2, 2020 9:02 AM

Covid is probably their insidious biological weapon to alter our DNA going forward.

by Anonymousreply 55December 2, 2020 1:06 PM

I'm not sure what happened to me, but what I write below is real and it happened:

I went to check on a property I had sold at a condo building 2 blocks from my home, another building I live in.

I had keys for the sold property and my own plus all the other keys one would need.

I checked on the sold property since it was settling soon, I locked the door with its key (the only way to depart). I KNOW I checked to be sure the door was locked, so I know I had to have had the keys.

I walked back to my home, 2 blocks away, and when I went to open my door, I noticed I had no keys.

I back tracked every step. Twice. The sold apartment door was locked.

So I went back to my place and waited at the front door for my husband to come home. I was in the front stairwell.

I was exhausted anyway and I just started to get annoyed and cry. I looked up at the ceiling in the stairwell and said "mom, wtf, what a shitty day!" (she had died a year ago) and I am not kidding, the fucking set of keys literally fell out of the air and onto the 3 steps below me.

I swear to you.

I could not believe it.

NO shelves. NO FUCKING WAY THE KEYS could've fallen from the air, or thrown, or.... I even checked the bottom of my shoes for gum then I laughed thinking how could 7 keys get stuck to my shoe even if I had stepped on gum?

IT REALLY HAPPENED.

2 years later, I still can't get that day out of my head, simply because I have no idea how it happened. And I want to know.

by Anonymousreply 56December 2, 2020 1:39 PM

I believe it, R56. Sometimes truly inexplicable things happen and the only conclusion I have ever been able to draw is that there is more happening than we can see. Growing up I really thought life was cut/dried but eventually I started to see plenty of evidence that this is NOT it. There’s something beyond this world.

I was not raised religious, either.

by Anonymousreply 57December 2, 2020 2:02 PM

As a child of about age 10, four of use decided to hold a seance on the third floor of an old home built in 1909. The third floor was a spooky place. We sat on the floor around a candle, and said some mumbo jumbo, then asked for the spirts to give us a sign. Immediately, the candle blew out. But there was no draft. The four of us were all feet from the candle, and we’d have noticed if one of us have blown it out.

Instantly, we did that thing that you see cartoon characters do, where we jumped into the air, and our feet start moving rapidly while the were still in the air, lol. Then we all raced down the stairs as fast as lightening. I’m still in touch with two others of us four, fifty years later. They both also still remember it, and say they didn’t blow the candle out.

by Anonymousreply 58December 2, 2020 8:45 PM

R58 I had a sort of similar experience in college. I took a class on Milton's Paradise Lost during a study abroad at Cambridge. I wasn't raised in any sort of religious way, and everyone in the class was talking around a big talking point of the poem, and so I just said it: "I think Satan is the most relatable and only reasonable character in the poem." The very moment I said that, one of the window blinds, which was very far away from any person, suddenly retracted and fell off the window. Everyone either gasped or laughed, and we moved on. It was kind of funny and a little spooky. And of course, Satan remains the most relatable and reasonable character in the poem.

by Anonymousreply 59December 2, 2020 10:13 PM

I'm kind of in the cat camp theory. You know the one where cats can see things we can't. Specifically, I think there are dimensions that exist right beside us, that we cannot see or understand. So this or these dimensions sometimes overlap in a glitch or some gravitational wave disturbance that allows the dimension to clip ours, like a car sideswiping another car then driving away.

So when these happen, we see partially into it. Ghosts, things moving, odd feelings, moments of intuition that we get because we don't actually have to see a ghost, our brains can get waves from these dimensions when they do sideswipe ours and can give us a very strong insight on occasions. Maybe it takes great effort to have these happen, from the other dimension, maybe it is easier. Maybe this dimension is a somewhat "locked" dimension, that only has these brief insights into other occur.

by Anonymousreply 60December 2, 2020 10:29 PM

R56 apportation! How lucky you experience this!

by Anonymousreply 61December 3, 2020 10:58 AM

I had a strange event happen a couple of weeks ago on my mom's birthday. We lost her three years ago during the holidays. (I wrote about the ordeal here and almost everyone was very kind--thank you.)

I walked to the grocery store on her birthday, and all the ginkgo trees lining the streets of my neighborhood were bright yellow. The color just lifted my spirits and I was thinking it looked like the yellow brick road. On the way back, I was even more struck by the colors and I thought about how I never appreciated the beauty of fall before but these ginkgo trees changed my whole perception. I was so filled with joy and appreciation. The leaves from other surrounding trees had fallen enough that I could see through them to a bridge near my building and it looked like a beautiful mirage. I thought how lucky I am to live where I do because it's just such a beautiful place sometimes.

When I got home, I put my groceries away and I felt really warm even though it was mid-November and chilly, and so I opened a window. Inside the screen on the window sill was a bright yellow ginkgo leaf. I don't know how it got inside the screen, I have never found a leaf inside my window before, and my apartment faces an alleyway where there are no trees--they're all on the other side of the building. I felt immediately that it was somehow put there by my mother.

I've kept the leaf. The morning after I found it, the edges had dried up a curled a bit, so I know that it was just off a tree when I found it since it was so pliable and supple then. It's so strange that I first noticed the color and then the trees and then the leaves on the ground during my walk, and then got home and was warm enough to open a window on a cold day to find the leaf inside. Too many coincidences.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 3, 2020 11:15 AM

R56 They’re apparently called “apports”. They also occur at Skinwalker Ranch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 3, 2020 11:19 AM

r56 here. To be clear: I was not on ANY drugs. I was doing my work.

To this day, how does a set of 7 keys just drop from the sky? I swear to you I am not making this up.

There is NOOOO way I could've put them in the ceiling, no magic. I still don't get it.

Was it my mom? An invisible person? ALIENS? God? Yeah I was desperate to find the keys (I had a settlement and some $$ to make) but it wasn't life or death.

And yet a set of fucking keys dropped from the sky 3 feet away from me in a building stairwell that has a ceiling. Literally, dropped out of thin air onto the tiles in front of me.

by Anonymousreply 64December 3, 2020 11:28 AM

R64 You're overthinking it. Sometimes things happen that we can't explain (and therefore can't defend). Just accept it as part of life.

by Anonymousreply 65December 3, 2020 11:31 AM

I want whatever OP is smoking.

by Anonymousreply 66December 3, 2020 11:31 AM

r65, but am I? For two years, every day, I wonder how that happened.

I still don't get it.

Datalounge, you're my only hope. Some brilliant scientist please tell me.

(I'm atheist now leaning agnostic)

by Anonymousreply 67December 3, 2020 11:45 AM

Beautiful stories. In both cases I believe it was your mothers showing love from the other side. So many things can’t be explained by our science and earthly laws. I have had a few similar occurrences and just smile now and say “thank you” as I know there is so much more out there than I can see with my two eyes.

by Anonymousreply 68December 3, 2020 12:00 PM

Time travel isn’t real. It’s much more likely that there are other life forms on other planets in the universe.

by Anonymousreply 69December 3, 2020 12:04 PM

We perceive time as lineair but it isn’t. Quantum physics OP.

by Anonymousreply 70December 3, 2020 12:10 PM

Our brains work in part like antennas that pick up on certain information and ignore other information that is not generally useful for our specific needs in the material world. It's like a radio or broadcast TV set: the airwaves are full of information, but we can only tune fully into one station's broadcast at a time. Sometimes, though, signals bleed and we pick up spotty audio or video from elsewhere.

Meditation (including focused prayer for some), sleeping, some creative practices and certain drugs can turn the dial and pick up on signals we don't normally pick up on while tuning us out to our regular favorite stations.

And if there is any doubt that this is true, all one need do is to think about data flying around us and through us on airwaves. (And air is only one medium.) Countless broadcast signals are zooming around and through us all the time but we need instruments to decode and translate them into light and sound we can perceive. When you digest this notion in terms of technology, then that makes it a lot less mysterious and magical to contemplate that signals human beings do not code, broadcast and then decode for ourselves are all around us and moving through us all the time. Of course we pick up on them from time to time.

I used to dismiss psychedelic users as dreamers who believe hallucinations are real. Now having experienced (only) ayahuasca five or six times, which is enough to notice patterns in what is at first overwhelming sensory information, all of what I wrote above is just matters of fact to me now. When you experience DMT (in my case only via ayahuasca), you first are overwhelmed by a loud, high-frequency sound and then you begin to see Matrix-esque lights in geometric patterns overlaid over analog reality, which seems dull and dreamlike by comparison, and then the geometric patterns take over and become reality and then you're dislocated into a wholly different, technological-feeling landscape and soundscape. When the drug wears off, you sort of detune to what I would describe as a lower frequency that is dense, heavy and slow moving with limited colors and textures. It really feels like your operating system reverts from a cable connection to a 14.4 modem, and in my case, coming back here, home, was a great relief and comfort because the other place was sensory overload--too much stimulation and presented way too rapidly to process. Overwhelming and maddening.

Physical science suggests there's something to back this up, as psychedelics temporarily connect neurons that usually are not connected, presumably processing a lot more information than we normally do. That's not exactly understood yet, but the hypothesis is that more connections means added capacity to process more information. When the drugs wear off, the neurons disconnect again and we process normal amounts of information. Interestingly, Einstein's brain was preserved and has been studied for decades, and one abnormal finding is that the two hemispheres of his brain have more neuronal connections than most people's brains do. He was known to daydream a lot and visualize his theories before working them out with mathematics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 3, 2020 12:37 PM

Following R71...I was left after my experiences hypothesizing that we're awash in a sea of information, and our whole existences are part of that information. Time is an illusion and a necessary one to experience these immersive multisensory adventure stories. All moments happen instantaneously, exist concurrently, and are chaotic, and language is an organic outgrowth of time, which is sort of a spiraling, cyclical kind of story structure/scaffolding. Language is more linear and time as we must perceive it is even more linear, like words strung into sentences, paragraphs and chapters. All the letters (and genes) are endlessly combined but for the sake of our life experiences, they must be laid end to end, with a beginning and an end (which may meet and loop together at some point), page by page, and bound into a singular book of this life.

Like a book, almost everyone reads from beginning to end because we chose to pick up the book and read it. Some get bored partway through or are otherwise disappointed and bail out or want to bail out. Sometimes we accidentally glance ahead and read a short excerpt and this builds mystery and anticipation--will that really happen, and how will we get there? It's satisfying when we come to that point in the story, and we remember this glimpse of the future, which challenges the rigid linear structure of our stories and reveals it's an illusion, albeit one we are trapped inside of. Some people's perceptions are scrambled, with a kind of time-and-limitations ADHD or lack of focus, and they become mentally ill and/or ingenious, dipping in and out of the narrative or in and out of time in a way that standardized information processing does not allow. They've got one foot in our reality and one elsewhere.

My hypothesis about time and distant space travel would disappoint a lot of people because I think--to put it in the most trite terms possible--it's akin to Dorothy visiting Oz and coming back home. I think it's real, and I think it's perceptive. The unlocking of time travel will be more like we see in Avatar, with technologies (molecular ones, based in psychedelics, or else through manipulating brainwaves with sound and/or light frequencies) that can beam our intelligence to other times, which carry other places. So I do believe it is possible, and I believe it will be a virtual experience, but one that is real--however, not involving climbing into a tin can and being shot off into empty space. More like beaming our molecules to hitch rides on waves that are invisible to us.

The part that may be the most challenging is essential to our life experiences here, which is maintaining memory of our experiences in this life as we go elsewhere and vice versa. Brains may act like antennas, but that doesn't mean they don't also act like information processors and hard drives. Once we leave our bodies to experience alternate planes, the big challenge may be grafting out memories onto the waves that carry us elsewhere. If we can't do that, then we're effectively reborn elsewhere.

The poet-philosopher puts life experience in a different but similar way: we as individuals are cups of water scooped out of a vast ocean. We are made only of the water in that ocean, and we are miniscule and insignificant in comparison to its vastness; yet our limited selection from that ocean makes each of us unique, something unlike anything else. We exist for a while as this cup of water, and eventually we return to be reintegrated and lost in the ocean. Yet despite our smallness, we are changed over the time we are away from the ocean, and so despite being made of nothing but it and despite being limited, when we are reintegrated into it, we change the ocean in a unique way.

by Anonymousreply 72December 3, 2020 1:02 PM

[Quote] You know the one where cats can see things we can't.

I hate it when my cat does that. Always creeps me out. I ask her what she's looking at and one day I hope she tells me lol

by Anonymousreply 73December 3, 2020 1:30 PM

What if the aliens' spaceship is the size of a pinhead?

by Anonymousreply 74December 3, 2020 1:36 PM

R74 Smaller than that. Viruses.

by Anonymousreply 75December 3, 2020 6:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!