Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The worst movies of 2020

How many of these truly awful wastes of cinema have you endured? Myself, two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 29, 2020 10:04 PM

I watched 'Underwater' and kind of enjoyed it for what it was.

I tried watching 'Downhill' but made it maybe 15 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2020 11:29 PM

With movies this bad, why re-open movie theaters at all? Or studios?

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2020 11:43 PM

get a new ironman....downey sux bad

by Anonymousreply 3November 29, 2020 12:05 AM

I'm so out-of-the-loop now with new movies, that I don't think I had heard of any of these, much less watched them!

by Anonymousreply 4November 29, 2020 12:19 AM

They are right on with their top 10 but when you get to an average of 40% or so, then your impression will vary depending on your taste.

by Anonymousreply 5November 29, 2020 12:54 AM

As flawed as IMDb's ratings system is, I find it more reliable than critics scores. They tend to downvote a lot of horror films.

by Anonymousreply 6November 29, 2020 12:56 AM

DOWNHILL was pretty bad. I think, more than anything, it was my own expectation to blame. I expected a laugh-out-loud comedy due to it starring Will Ferrell and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, but had I known it was a remake of a Swedish dark comedy I would have adjusted my expectations.

UNHINGED wasn't bad. It was smart enough to be brief, bludgeon the audience with violence and then be done with.

THE RHYTHM SECTION was great, I don't care what the critics say. Great action. It reminds me of Steven Soderbergh's HAYWIRE. THE TAX COLLECTOR is unfairly judged, as well. I've seen enough David Ayer films to know and appreciate what I'm in for.

CAPONE, THE LAST DAYS OF AMERICAN CRIME and ENDING, BEGINNINGS were awful, terrible, atrocious films. Nothing redeeming about them.

How can critics fairly judge kids' films when it's not aimed at them. There are some kids' films that adults can appreciate, but just know the majority are just there to entertain your child for 90 minutes. DOOLITTLE was pretty good, but it's just RDJ taking the same beats he plays Sherlock Holmes and just did it under the guise of Doolittle but with a Welsh accent.

by Anonymousreply 7November 29, 2020 10:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!