Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shameless (US) marathon for Thanksgiving weekend

Anyone watching this on Showtime?

The early seasons were so good.

I used to like Frank, but now all he reminds me of are those disgusting Deplorable MAGATS.

His character is so much LESS funny now, 10 years later. All I see is a Trump supporter.

Anywho, this is the lead-up to final season which starts on December 6 on Showtime. Covid masks, and all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364April 25, 2021 7:42 PM

Never heard of it.

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2020 10:09 PM

I suppose I consider this my guilty pleasure show. I never miss an episode but I don’t think it’s particularly well done.

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2020 10:11 PM

wish gay Officer Tony had come back and gotten together w/ Ian

by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2020 10:12 PM

Pro-pedo pro-tranny propaganda. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2020 10:15 PM

You've really never heard of Shameless, R1?

Not the UK version or the US version?

Wow.

The UK version is much better, IMHO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2020 10:16 PM

[quote] wish gay Officer Tony had come back and gotten together w/ Ian

I always wondered about the actor, Tyler Jacob Moore.

He was a "musical theater major" in college, but he was "dating" Emmy Rossum at one point.

It might not mean anything, but he's almost 40 and still no wife or girlfriend.

Any rumors about him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2020 10:18 PM

Tyler is pretty cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 28, 2020 10:19 PM

Will Ethan have nude scenes this season?

by Anonymousreply 8November 28, 2020 10:20 PM

Cameron Monaghan is even cuter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 28, 2020 10:20 PM

Justin Chatwin is cute too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 28, 2020 10:23 PM

not into gingers unlike Dr Lishman

by Anonymousreply 11November 28, 2020 10:23 PM

Ian and Mickey 10 years of enemies, to fuck buddies, to friends, to boyfriends and now married.

by Anonymousreply 12November 28, 2020 10:28 PM

Jeremy Allen White and Steve Howey...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 28, 2020 10:29 PM

[quote] Ian and Mickey 10 years of enemies, to fuck buddies, to friends, to boyfriends and now married.

What??!!

When did they get married?

by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2020 10:30 PM

^ Last season

by Anonymousreply 15November 28, 2020 10:32 PM

Steve Howey was cuter when he was on Reba

by Anonymousreply 16November 28, 2020 10:34 PM

I always watch Shameless season two, just for Marco.

His name is Thierre Di Castro Garrito, and he's from Brazil. The guy is SMOKING hot!

He's only a minor player in the season, but he steals the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 29, 2020 4:15 AM

Thierre's ass is AMAZING!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 29, 2020 4:17 AM

finale season trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 29, 2020 5:56 AM

I didn't even realize that Harry Hamlin played gay in Shameless.

Seeing him together with Cameron Monaghan is super hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 29, 2020 9:17 PM

Cameron is so damned hot.

Is he gay or isn't he?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 29, 2020 9:17 PM

R21, all young men can be rented.

by Anonymousreply 22November 29, 2020 9:18 PM

R21, in the new trailer he is much thicker now and didnt shave his chest.

by Anonymousreply 23November 29, 2020 9:20 PM

The show jumped the shark when Fiona became a rich bitch business woman.

If the show wanted to be true to life, she would have remained poor, miserable, and become an alcoholic.

There was no saving Shameless after that.

by Anonymousreply 24November 30, 2020 1:36 AM

I watched season three on Sunday, and I'm ashamed to admit that I cried many times.

That season was really, really good and also very emotional.

The early seasons of Shameless were amazing, and then everything turned to shit when they turned the focus on Fiona and Frank.

by Anonymousreply 25November 30, 2020 9:15 PM

The Executive Producer of Shameless also produce Animal Kingdom. The show also has a gay character who is repressed and deeply in the closet, here he is beating the shit of his lover who he gave a-blow job to. It reminds me of soo much of s1 Mickey and Ian then i found out the reason why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 30, 2020 9:29 PM

Very interesting, R26. What the hell is with that???

I remember that scene in season one of Animal Kingdom where Jay walked in on Deran getting a blowjob from Adrian in the beach restroom, and then Deran beating the crap out of him.

And then Mickey beating the crap out of Ian in the empty lot.

It makes you wonder what's behind that.

by Anonymousreply 27November 30, 2020 9:32 PM

episode on now where the muscle hottie does gogo dancin and gets blown for $....love him

by Anonymousreply 28December 4, 2020 2:46 AM

New season premieres tonight!

by Anonymousreply 29December 5, 2020 4:05 PM

The show took a nosedive after season 4. Really only those first 4 seasons were worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2020 5:39 PM

Agreed, R30.

Based on the commercials, it seems like the Gallaghers are going to take on Gentrification and COVID in this final season.

I'll watch the first couple of episodes, and if it doesn't get better, then I'm done with the show.

by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2020 6:32 PM

i turn my face when the drunk nasty dad is on...icky..(he married to da frau dat went to prison)..but the young cuties are mmmmm. cept for the one with bug eyes that chain smokes.

by Anonymousreply 32December 5, 2020 8:06 PM

In the new season Steve Howey appears to have lost half of his hunky self! To the point of looking almost sickly. Wonder what's up with that??

by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2020 8:25 PM

I've loved this series from the very beginning and while it's not perfectly done, it's great entertainment from the South Side.

by Anonymousreply 34December 5, 2020 8:31 PM

luv steve, and the young uns is so cute....not bill macey tho. fug!

by Anonymousreply 35December 5, 2020 9:05 PM

[quote] the young cuties are mmmmm. cept for the one with bug eyes that chain smokes.

Who, Lip? He's Jeremy Allen White, and I think he's hot.

But you're right, he is a bit bug eyed, and he's also very short.

I also agree about William H. Macy's character, Frank. HATE him. Not only does he look like he smells horrible, but we have to watch Deplorables like him on the news every day. We don't need a character like that on television, too.

by Anonymousreply 36December 5, 2020 10:46 PM

Show so better since that bitter grouchy lead bitch in the house is gone...she alwys drunk n fugly. bye bye

by Anonymousreply 37December 5, 2020 11:56 PM

[quote]New season premieres tonight!

Is it Sunday at your house?

by Anonymousreply 38December 5, 2020 11:59 PM

Stopped watching after Season 7 when Mickey went to Mexico.

Frank should have died when he was thrown into the river after Fiona's wedding. Grew to hate any scene he was in. Did they make him into a MAGAt? Wouldn't be much of a stretch, if so.

by Anonymousreply 39December 6, 2020 12:02 AM

Shameless the way they all smoke like mad, specially that baldy muscle boy......betcha cig companys throw em a big bone to do that.....it makes kids wanna smok...so fukd.

by Anonymousreply 40December 6, 2020 12:46 AM

They should go real for the last show and kill the family off with COVID.

by Anonymousreply 41December 6, 2020 12:57 AM

Really, theyr all a bunch of creepy bums, they years have not been kind to their constant bum like partying....

by Anonymousreply 42December 6, 2020 1:06 AM

As other people have noted here, Mickey & Ian's arc across the first 4 seasons was amazing -- had never seen its like on TV and it remains one of my favourites. After the brilliant Noel Fisher (Mickey) left the show, the idiotic storylines given to Ian (Monaghan) in following seasons completely put me off the show. Now Fisher has returned and I guess I will have to tune in for the final series #11.

by Anonymousreply 43December 6, 2020 1:18 AM

Ten seasons of drunk fuggity behaviour. ENUF !

OMG yes mickey steals the show, what a fun studlet...

by Anonymousreply 44December 6, 2020 1:31 AM

Ever since the show turned into this earnest white trash soap opera instead of the no-holds-barred, "did they just go there?" dark comedic social commentary of its early years, the quality went down the shitter. I even forgot it's still on but will probably watch the final season out of sense of continuity and closure.

by Anonymousreply 45December 6, 2020 1:40 AM

This show premieres on Sunday, December 7.

"Your Honor" premieres 12/6 on Showtime.

by Anonymousreply 46December 6, 2020 1:47 AM

Christ, emmy rossum is hard to take in season 9, all she does is drink and smoke and cuss ev body out....not fun....hope final season is funner and w/o her.

by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2020 1:51 AM

Ian became a bottom when he got in a relationship with FTM Trevor.

by Anonymousreply 48December 6, 2020 1:54 AM

FTM Trevor was when I stopped watching.

As usual, trans people took over the gay story.

by Anonymousreply 49December 6, 2020 1:59 AM

Cameron left the show in s9 and only return in s10 if Noel(Mickey) came back. I guessed he was tired of his scenes with Trevor and gay jesus thing.

by Anonymousreply 50December 6, 2020 2:04 AM

the trans thing left me cold also....luv that red headed boy tho! glad he came bak.

by Anonymousreply 51December 6, 2020 2:30 AM

R50 The Gay Jesus and inexplicable trans storyline were very frustrating, such a fuck you to the Ian character. Even with Ian & Mickey back together and now married, they get very little screen time compared to other idiotic plot digressions -- really hope they rectify this is the 11th and final series.

by Anonymousreply 52December 6, 2020 2:49 AM

[quote]Ian became a bottom when he got in a relationship with FTM Trevor.

That was such shameless (!) bullshit propaganda. They not only introduced a FTM gay character, but they just *had* to make the character a "top", and Ian, who had never bottomed, suddenly was open to doing so for Trevor. And Ian got into the relationship just a couple episodes after Ian tried to sleep with a woman and was so repulsed by it that he was literally vomiting.

The "pronoun brunch" scene was something else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 6, 2020 2:52 AM

Just finished watching the season where Emmy Rossum leaves. Forgot how good it was.

by Anonymousreply 54December 6, 2020 3:01 AM

So some on twitter already watched the season 11 premiere and the gay couple are already fighting and both want to fucked other people. The straight teen fangirls are crying about it but I think it is realistic and not uncommon.

by Anonymousreply 55December 6, 2020 3:05 AM

is tht bitch Rossum back in S 11 ?

by Anonymousreply 56December 6, 2020 3:33 AM

I really wish they would’ve killed off Tami last season when she was in the hospital. Such an unlikable character.

by Anonymousreply 57December 6, 2020 5:06 AM

is she the odious redhead alwys on da rag bout sumthin? yes kill her off!

by Anonymousreply 58December 6, 2020 5:34 AM

R58, I think you're thinking of Debbie, who is the youngest Gallager. Tami, is Lip's girlfriend who had the baby. I agree R57, I don't really like her character, especially with Lip. He had such a great storyline when he went off to college. Don't like seeing him back and slumming it. Hope one of them makes it out of the slum and betters their life in the end. Supposedly, they're still filming and trying to get Rossum to make a small return.

by Anonymousreply 59December 6, 2020 2:43 PM

[quote] the gay couple are already fighting and both want to fucked other people.

How did Mickey ever settle down and get married, any way.

In the beginning of the series, he was a total slut. He would fuck anyone and anything. Men or women.

So to make him domesticated married, seems out of character for him.

[quote] The straight teen fangirls are crying about it but I think it is realistic and not uncommon.

I totally agree.

In fact, most "married" gay couples I know, are not monogamous.

They claim to have "open" relationships.

[quote] is tht bitch Rossum back in S 11 ?

Highly unlikely.

I was reading that she left because she wasn't getting paid as much as William H. Macy. It was about gender pay equity, because she felt that her character was as important to the show as his was.

So unless they agree to her demands, which I'm sure are even more now, then she won't be back.

by Anonymousreply 60December 6, 2020 3:40 PM

So these two guys did it.. the fans are calling them Kermy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 7, 2020 3:59 AM

I loved the first few seasons. Ian and Mickey were such a fresh couple that were different than anything I had ever seen. I think the show started going downhill after Ian’s bipolar diagnosis

Ian broke up with that hot fireman because the fireman was bisexual but was in a sexual relationship with the trans woman who had a vagina with no intentions of having surgery? Huh?

And don’t get me started on the lesbian Debbie storyline. Seriously? For the past few seasons the girl has been boy crazy to the extreme, even purposely trying to get pregnant to trap a guy she was in love with. How many lesbians do you know who do that?

by Anonymousreply 62December 7, 2020 4:11 AM

R62 *sorry, transman

by Anonymousreply 63December 7, 2020 4:11 AM

I had a chance to watch the Season 10 marathon on Sunday, and I was so surprised that the show was really good.

It was actually back to the level of the early seasons. It was a very pleasant surprise.

My absolute favorite part of the season was Mickey acting like a Bridezilla. That was fucking hilarious!!!

And damn, Jeremy Allen White is still looking fine as hell. The guy hasn't aged a bit, and his body is still fit as fuck!

by Anonymousreply 64December 7, 2020 4:41 AM

I'm surprised that the show did the whole first episode with masks on. It's a bit awkward to watch, but it's pretty true to life. The only thing is that Kev and V should have been wearing masks, as bar servers.

Whoever said that Steve Howey has lost weight, is correct. I guess he's been on a major diet. He used to be chubby when the show first started. I think he looks worse now. Too skinny.

Shanola Hampton, however, still looks fabulous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 7, 2020 4:48 AM

R62, in the Uk version Ian went on to have a serious relationship with a woman while in the US it is with a FTM with a vagina.

by Anonymousreply 66December 7, 2020 4:51 AM

That bathroom scene with the two gross barflies (linked at R61) at the Alibi was so disgusting!!

Ew ew ew ew ew!!!!

by Anonymousreply 67December 7, 2020 4:53 AM

UK version Ian ended up marrying a transexual in the series finale.

by Anonymousreply 68December 7, 2020 4:56 AM

I loved the ending with Frank sitting on the bench.

"FUCK 2020!!" with a pitchfork. Rofl.

Hell yes!

by Anonymousreply 69December 7, 2020 4:59 AM

Will Joan Cusack be back for this final season? I'm assuming Justin Chatwin will be back; gotta give Fiona her happily ever after with Steve/Jimmy after all...

by Anonymousreply 70December 7, 2020 9:50 AM

Did they ever mention why Fiona didn't attend Ian's wedding?

by Anonymousreply 71December 7, 2020 10:49 AM

R70, I really hope the two of them are back. Maybe Karen too while we’re at it.

by Anonymousreply 72December 7, 2020 2:46 PM

I thought Karen was dead, R72?

And what happened to the Joan Cusack character?

I stopped watching when Fiona became a real estate mogul. It was too fucking annoying.

So I lost track of Joan's character.

by Anonymousreply 73December 7, 2020 3:08 PM

R73 Joan Cusack left at the start of season 5 (about three seasons before Fiona started dabbling in real estate). She realized she didn’t need Frank and drove off in an RV to travel on her way to see Karen and Jody. It was very ‘full circle.’

by Anonymousreply 74December 7, 2020 3:13 PM

The show went about 5 seasons too long.

by Anonymousreply 75December 7, 2020 3:26 PM

omg that debbie is horrid, screechy loud bore.

by Anonymousreply 76December 7, 2020 5:45 PM

Mickey / Ian best part yessss. specially mickey.....sigh...

by Anonymousreply 77December 7, 2020 5:45 PM

[quote] Mickey / Ian best part yessss. specially mickey.....sigh...

Mickey's character fascinates me.

Sometimes he totally queens out, and then at other times he turns back into a Malkevich.

It's hilarious. And confusing.

by Anonymousreply 78December 7, 2020 7:40 PM

I think this is one of my favorite Ian and Mickey scenes. And then after they drunkenly sing “Love is a Battlefield” on their way home

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 7, 2020 10:45 PM

Season 11 premiere is re-showing tonight!

by Anonymousreply 80December 8, 2020 1:41 AM

Gallavich fans are having a complete breakdown on over the monogamy discussion.

by Anonymousreply 81December 8, 2020 2:11 AM

I'm sure the cast appreciates the paychecks but the scripts have rotted worse than Frank's organs.

by Anonymousreply 82December 8, 2020 2:47 AM

I'm watching it NOW!!!!

by Anonymousreply 83December 8, 2020 3:15 AM

The writing is dreadful these days. The show sacrificed the family drama injected with comedic bits to a white trash political satire with a few serious moments here or there. And the comedy isn’t even good. WHM, Jeremy Allen White and Noel Fisher’s dramatic talent is wasted in these last seasons. Emmy Rossum knew to cut and run, but now we’re forced to endure Debbie taking center stage, who is much uglier and not nearly as good an actress.

by Anonymousreply 84December 8, 2020 3:18 AM

just finished season one, and love it, should I continue?

by Anonymousreply 85December 8, 2020 3:20 AM

R85, as most people noted here, the first three or four seasons were really good.

Something changed after that. I'm not exactly sure what, but that's when the show took a nosedive.

I had not watched since about season four or five, but I happened to catch a season 10 marathon over the weekend, and I really enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 86December 8, 2020 5:14 AM

R79 THAT'S one of your favorite scenes?

I can see the director now. "Okay, so to show how NOT stereotypical your characters are...we're going to have you beat the shit out of each other BUT then have you kiss at the end because you're "STRAIGHT ACTING ." Okay? Because we ALL know that in real life, gay men can't be masculine and sensitive without beating the shit out of each other."

by Anonymousreply 87December 8, 2020 12:18 PM

Seems very poor working class

by Anonymousreply 88December 8, 2020 12:44 PM

Think of it as a live-action cartoon and stop fretting over the implausibility, inconsistent characterizations and lack of consequences.

It's really only to be enjoyed on that level.

by Anonymousreply 89December 8, 2020 12:51 PM

it reminds me of Good times" but with poor south side chicago whites

by Anonymousreply 90December 8, 2020 1:18 PM

Will there be explicit anal between them this season? If they need to beat the crap out of each other beforehand I’m OK with that.

by Anonymousreply 91December 8, 2020 2:06 PM

they probably won’t do much beyond peck each other on the lips because of covid. the past couple of seasons have been rather sexless in general (compared to earlier seasons that tits, ass, and dick out in abundance), although there was that scene last season when they were about to fuck in prison. there was a brief ass shot, if I remember correctly. doubt there will be anything like that this season.

by Anonymousreply 92December 8, 2020 3:53 PM

i thought rossum was fugly boring,, but debbie puts the ug in ugly fer shure !!!

mickey/ian need an OF,,,,would make tons.

by Anonymousreply 93December 8, 2020 6:08 PM

[quote] they probably won’t do much beyond peck each other on the lips because of covid

They actually kissed on the first episode, so I don't think that's going to hold.

Maybe the cast quarantined for 14 days, before filming.

by Anonymousreply 94December 8, 2020 11:48 PM

I am actually going to miss the show at the end of the season.

by Anonymousreply 95December 9, 2020 12:10 AM

I’m 100% behind the storyline of Ian and Mickey launching an OF to make money while quarantining at home!

by Anonymousreply 96December 9, 2020 12:13 AM

This scene was from the first episode of the new season R92.

Ian and Mickey definitely kissed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 9, 2020 12:13 AM

See, R97, that is the perfect setup for my storyline idea R96!

by Anonymousreply 98December 9, 2020 12:19 AM

Yes, I said they’d kiss in my post but doubt they’ll do more than that (and it was pretty tame). Who knows though, I wouldn’t mind finally seeing a proper sex scene between them. They’re both looking especially hot too.

In the real world they would definitely launch an onlyfans page and make money on it. It would be an easy fix to their money troubles. But in the show I doubt they’d make Ian a sex worker again,

by Anonymousreply 99December 9, 2020 12:59 AM

[quote] But in the show I doubt they’d make Ian a sex worker again

From episode one, it looks like Ian works at Costco or some "box store" like that.

by Anonymousreply 100December 9, 2020 1:04 AM

Yes, obviously, I watched the episode. I meant they wouldn’t have Ian do sex work again and thus an OF page is off the table. Jesus Christ, get some reading comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 101December 9, 2020 1:14 AM

is their hotness fading??

by Anonymousreply 102December 9, 2020 2:12 AM

lots of eye candy so far

by Anonymousreply 103December 9, 2020 2:24 AM

R1 how have you never heard of Shameless?

It's a HUGE gay-oriented series that had large followings in both the UK and the US versions of the show.

by Anonymousreply 104December 9, 2020 3:59 AM

I do not recognise Mickey so far this season, he’s been written as a petulant and dismissive little asshole to the man he just married? Two adult men, a married couple who have done time together, are going to resolve major relationship issues by playing a schoolyard guessing game...?! Insulting to the characters, even by Shameless standards.

Alright, I will make a few predictions:

- Ian will find Mickey’s scrap of paper in his pockets, or in the bin, and it will read MONOGAMY — though of course zanily misspelt. - Ian & Mickey will end the series as was foreshadowed on their drive to Mexico: ‘You. Me. The beach’.

by Anonymousreply 105December 9, 2020 6:41 AM

He will get a few slugs in too

by Anonymousreply 106December 9, 2020 12:05 PM

mickey is pregnant, dont abort !

by Anonymousreply 107December 9, 2020 12:44 PM

I like how Mickey is looking like a little Russian bodybuilder this season. Woof!

by Anonymousreply 108December 9, 2020 12:48 PM

he's another ginger Cannuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 9, 2020 6:24 PM

Finishing season two only, but this is important:

Lip, a total snack

Mick, definitely a rough trade snack.

Oddly frank at times is pretty sexy, though a disgusting asshole too

Jody is hilarious, but who can turn down a hot guy who insists on being naked ?

by Anonymousreply 110December 10, 2020 12:40 PM

I don’t think was mentioned yet, but the season kickoff episode is currently available free on YouTube, but I’m sure it’s not for long.

by Anonymousreply 111December 10, 2020 3:24 PM

good to know

by Anonymousreply 112December 10, 2020 3:35 PM

Jeremy Allen White didn't become hot to me until he cut his hair short.

by Anonymousreply 113December 10, 2020 3:37 PM

really? can't wait

by Anonymousreply 114December 11, 2020 3:02 AM

R113 So, if he shaves his head you’ll lose your shit over him?

by Anonymousreply 115December 11, 2020 4:02 AM

I stopped watching after they made Ian fuck that annoying butch girl. Gay men dont like pussy, stop gaslighting us. I was kind of over it by then (had enjoyed it up till the season before and loved the British original) anyway.

by Anonymousreply 116December 11, 2020 4:39 AM

The FTM fucked him and it was the first time Ian bottomed but idk if it counts because it was to a strap on, Trevor still had a vagina.

by Anonymousreply 117December 11, 2020 7:03 AM

Macy is gross, alwys is. plumb nasty..

by Anonymousreply 118December 13, 2020 4:19 AM

that's the point I believe

by Anonymousreply 119December 13, 2020 1:43 PM

The second episode wasn't great.

Lots of SJW slogans tossed around stealthily.

Characters were back to their annoying, predictable selves.

For a show that has been running for 10 seasons, I'm surprised that the writing sucks so bad.

Is Carl's cop partner on the show, gay in real life? I couldn't place him, but he played the gay flight attendant in "View From the Top" and he was VERY convincing. If he's not really gay, then he is very convincing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 14, 2020 4:43 AM

Funny but I enjoyed this episode. I got a kick out of Debbie taking over her daughter's birthday party.

by Anonymousreply 121December 14, 2020 4:46 AM

Rossum's season after season of drunken rants was zzzzzzzzz

Messy hag.

by Anonymousreply 122December 14, 2020 4:48 AM

I hate Kevin's shaved head!!!

He looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 123December 14, 2020 4:48 AM

Emmy Rossum may be a handful in real life, but she has "It".

Emma Kenney does not. She can't anchor the show.

by Anonymousreply 124December 14, 2020 5:09 AM

R120 he was Will on West Wing and David on Scandal. Pretty sure he’s straight in real life.

I seriously question anyone’s sanity, vision and taste level who find Mickey hot. He’s a disgusting pig you can smell through the tv. His clothes are always covered in food, liquid and god knows what else stains and he has zero redeeming qualities as a person.

by Anonymousreply 125December 14, 2020 5:20 AM

yep emma worse than rossum for shure.

by Anonymousreply 126December 14, 2020 7:53 AM

Mickey had a lot of character development all through 10 seasons but I think the regression is intended for them to get a divorce in the final ep.

by Anonymousreply 127December 14, 2020 8:16 AM

shucks

by Anonymousreply 128December 14, 2020 2:08 PM

I don’t think they’ll get divorced, though from the episode preview it looks like they get into a physical fight next episode and will probably then make up. In the season trailers it looks like they spend a lot of time together later on. Mickey has just been Flanderized (as have many characters, like Debbie and even Lip) in order to come off as funny because he show is under the impression that it’s a comedy now. But the writing is trying too hard, he was naturally funny in earlier seasons as a contrast to the drama and that was much more effective. It’s a shame that his development is being ignored for the sake of shitty jokes that were done better by the It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia crew about ten years ago.

by Anonymousreply 129December 14, 2020 2:21 PM

Is this season ever going to be funny? Something seems off this year. Not sure what it is but it's disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 130December 14, 2020 2:57 PM

Angelina is pretty smart because even though she losed the bid to removed the judge oversiding the divorce her plan to delay it before the hearing worked and once the decision was made the private judge contract was already up and Angelina refused to sign it so basically they have to start all over again.

by Anonymousreply 131December 14, 2020 3:13 PM

Wrong post.

by Anonymousreply 132December 14, 2020 3:13 PM

Who is Angelina playing this season, long lost aunt?

by Anonymousreply 133December 14, 2020 3:50 PM

[quote] Mickey had a lot of character development all through 10 seasons but I think the regression is intended for them to get a divorce in the final ep.

Mickey has always been Mickey.

He's a pig. And he's violent. And he has no class. What's new about this??

The only difference is that after getting married (as is often the case with couples), the other partner tries to make him into something he's not. Ian wanted him to get a legit job, making crap money. He wants Mickey to be "respectable," now that they're married. WHAT???

I thought he married Mickey because he loves him for who he is and who he has always been? A lovable, sexy pig!

Mickey is a Milkovich, and he'll never change. And I don't know why Ian is on such a high horse, as if the Gallaghers are any better.

by Anonymousreply 134December 14, 2020 3:56 PM

oh, micky you're so fine. . .

by Anonymousreply 135December 14, 2020 7:40 PM

"Showtime Extends Final Season Of ‘Shameless’ With Recap/Original Series"

The 11th and final season of Showtime’s signature comedy Shameless is under way, and now it’s getting a hybrid recap/original extension series of sorts. The premium cabler has set Shameless Hall of Shame to premiere Sunday, December 27.

The six-episode Hall of Shame will feature new, original Shameless scenes juxtaposed with a retrospective look at each character’s journey during the prior 10 seasons. The first episode will feature Ian (Cameron Monaghan) and Mickey (Noel Fisher), showcasing their unique relationship and its evolution from a teen fling into a loving, complicated marriage. New episodes will be interspersed throughout the final season.

“This 11-year journey with the Gallagher family has been a total pleasure for us from the beginning,” executive producer John Wells said, “and we’re excited to share a look back at the many trials, tribulations and laughs of those 11 seasons with our fans.”

The final season of Shameless finds the Gallagher family and the South Side at a crossroads, with changes caused by the Covid pandemic, gentrification and aging to reconcile. As Frank (Macy) confronts his own mortality and family ties in his alcoholic and drug-induced twilight years, Lip (Jeremy Allen White) struggles with the prospect of becoming the family’s new patriarch. Newlyweds Ian (Monaghan) and Mickey (Fisher) are figuring out the rules and responsibilities of being in a committed relationship, while Deb (Emma Kenney) embraces her individuality and single motherhood. Carl (Ethan Cutkosky) finds an unlikely new career in law enforcement, and Kevin (Steve Howey) and V (Shanola Hampton) struggle to decide whether a hard life on the South Side is worth fighting for. Christian Isaiah and Kate Miner also star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 14, 2020 9:36 PM

The whole cast is fug and the show hasn't been good in years. It's gotten far too political.

by Anonymousreply 137December 14, 2020 9:51 PM

hope the actor playin mickey gets soome juicy tv n movie roles !!!!! and an onlyfans !!!

by Anonymousreply 138December 17, 2020 3:27 AM

he's a snack

by Anonymousreply 139December 17, 2020 1:07 PM

R89 A more serious Married...with Children

by Anonymousreply 140December 18, 2020 11:42 AM

Who is that redhead in OP? I'm in love.

by Anonymousreply 141December 18, 2020 12:32 PM

A gay man wrote the next ep here is the preview trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142December 18, 2020 12:42 PM

r141, ian, the gaybee

by Anonymousreply 143December 19, 2020 11:53 AM

So the new ep aired on apple tv and you can definitely tell it was writen by a gay man. Jonas brothers, top vs bottom, daddy and chocking that is all I’m going to say

by Anonymousreply 144December 20, 2020 5:26 AM

debbie is grossssss !!!!

by Anonymousreply 145December 20, 2020 7:10 AM

Mickey declaring himself a power bottom once and for all was hilarious! Finally they get a decent sex scene, even it was pretty goofy.

by Anonymousreply 146December 20, 2020 7:11 AM

even if*. And yes, I know they do end up switching. The choking was pretty hot too.

by Anonymousreply 147December 20, 2020 7:13 AM

Here it is first real sex scene of Mickey and Ian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148December 20, 2020 11:36 AM

Ian has a nice little bum.

by Anonymousreply 149December 20, 2020 11:47 AM

I used to love this show but my partner and I both stopped watching it eventually. The writers suddenly decided one season that throwing the word "fuck" into every line of dialogue was "edgy" to the point that Fiona even said it at the altar while getting married. Yes, the characters are trash and I'm certainly no prude but the constant "fuck fuck fuck" in the dialogue was ridiculous. And I got sick of the fact that just when someone (usually Fiona) managed to drag herself out of the pit, she'd fuck up and fall back down again. It happened every season and thus got repetitive. There has never been any forward momentum on this show. By the way, not sure why the OP is surprised that Frank would be a Trump supporter. Do you not remember, back when Obama was president, Frank's epic rant in the bar about Obama?

by Anonymousreply 150December 20, 2020 11:52 AM

I’m watching out of self-imposed obligation at this point. I hope it ends on some positive notes, like with Frank’s death.

by Anonymousreply 151December 20, 2020 11:58 AM

I agree

by Anonymousreply 152December 20, 2020 12:53 PM

[quote]There has never been any forward momentum on this show.

I think that's sort of the point.

by Anonymousreply 153December 20, 2020 2:25 PM

New episode tonight!

by Anonymousreply 154December 21, 2020 1:20 AM

Steve Howey is looking ripped af this season.

Love Carl's new partner.

by Anonymousreply 155December 21, 2020 8:30 AM

Jeremy Allen White is smoking hot.

by Anonymousreply 156December 21, 2020 10:16 AM

R153 I get it that they're showing the whole cycle of poverty thing but good drama requires forward momentum otherwise it becomes awfully repetitive. Especially on a show that's been around for a decade. Or at least don't have the same thing happening over and over again to the same character (Fiona).

by Anonymousreply 157December 21, 2020 10:26 AM

Ian fucking the married convenient store owner was classic. Cameron Monaghan is beautiful, and reminds those of us with similar backgrounds of ripped white trash boys down the street trying to make a buck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 21, 2020 11:56 AM

Why did Joan Cusack leave the show?

by Anonymousreply 159December 21, 2020 12:02 PM

she was too good for it

by Anonymousreply 160December 21, 2020 1:14 PM

The new ep is hinting that Frank is going to die soon..

by Anonymousreply 161December 21, 2020 2:21 PM

didn't he die in the fourth season?

by Anonymousreply 162December 21, 2020 3:10 PM

I hope they don't try to do a trans storyline for Franny after that line about her feeling more like a boy.

by Anonymousreply 163December 21, 2020 8:28 PM

I do suspect they are setting Frank up to have something fatal. What was all the memory lossthing about in this last episode.

by Anonymousreply 164December 21, 2020 11:11 PM

I wish they had killed off Frank after season four.

He sucks all the air out of the show.

by Anonymousreply 165December 21, 2020 11:12 PM

One theory is Frank will make so much money with his weed scheme and give it to all to kids when he dies.

by Anonymousreply 166December 21, 2020 11:41 PM

There will be three deaths by the finale. #getready

by Anonymousreply 167December 21, 2020 11:44 PM

Covid, R167?

by Anonymousreply 168December 21, 2020 11:45 PM

Please let it be Frank, Tami and Debbie R167

by Anonymousreply 169December 22, 2020 12:17 AM

I have a feeling it's going to be Frank, Mickey, and Ian.

by Anonymousreply 170December 22, 2020 12:18 AM

Frank and the gays.

by Anonymousreply 171December 22, 2020 12:37 AM

R167 - is that confirmed?

by Anonymousreply 172December 22, 2020 12:42 AM

confirmed by the coroner

by Anonymousreply 173December 22, 2020 2:37 AM

Mickey’s homophobic rapist father hopefully

by Anonymousreply 174December 22, 2020 4:18 AM

Ian and Mickey will run off to Mexico after the authorities discover their security business scam.

by Anonymousreply 175December 22, 2020 4:42 AM

then they both will transition

by Anonymousreply 176December 22, 2020 12:58 PM

Frank dies in the second last episode and the gays die in the last episode is some stupid BLM inspired plot that makes no fucking sense.

by Anonymousreply 177December 22, 2020 1:00 PM

[quote] Frank dies in the second last episode and the gays die in the last episode is some stupid BLM inspired plot that makes no fucking sense.

Haha, I called it!

Do you work on the show, R177? How did you come across the spoiler?

by Anonymousreply 178December 22, 2020 2:53 PM

He slept with willian s Macy

by Anonymousreply 179December 22, 2020 3:57 PM

The gays always die it seems.

by Anonymousreply 180December 22, 2020 4:59 PM

[quote] The gays always die it seems.

Only in TV Land, R180.

Fucking Hollywood cunts!

by Anonymousreply 181December 22, 2020 5:11 PM

I don’t believe Ian and Mickey will die in the finale. The Gallavich fans will be so mad

by Anonymousreply 182December 22, 2020 8:38 PM

[quote] I don’t believe Ian and Mickey will die in the finale. The Gallavich fans will be so mad

Not only that, but it cuts them out of any possible re-boot.

That would really suck.

I don't mind if Frank never returns.

by Anonymousreply 183December 22, 2020 8:40 PM

After watching this shit show til the bitter end, I'd be seriously pissed if they killed off Ian and Mickey.

by Anonymousreply 184December 23, 2020 1:42 AM

They're not going to kill off Ian and Mickey

by Anonymousreply 185December 23, 2020 1:43 AM

my guess is Frank will get dementia (it was hinted at in the last episode) and if he doesn’t die, I hope it’s Mickey’s horrid cunt father. Next week’s episode will be a clip show recapping Ian and Mickey’s relationship and the description says there will be a new scene in which someone from Ian’s past dies that leads them both to reflect on their relationship and what they mean to each other. People are guessing it’s one of the old guys who hooked up with Ian as a teenager. The episode is called “Daddy Issues” so that would track.

by Anonymousreply 186December 23, 2020 6:07 AM

R186 Probably Harry Hamlin's character

by Anonymousreply 187December 23, 2020 6:11 AM

I remember I was offered to do featured background work in this show when the show was still new, but I turned it down. Now I wish I would have since it’s been on for so long. I have never watched it to this day though.

by Anonymousreply 188December 23, 2020 6:17 AM

R36, Frank was a whole lot funnier until we discovered that nearly half the country thought just like him and what should have been an SNL parody became reality in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 189December 23, 2020 6:39 AM

R110 must be have time traveled from the 80s and is smoking crack. Land.

by Anonymousreply 190December 23, 2020 6:49 AM

Nope, here and now

by Anonymousreply 191December 23, 2020 1:05 PM

[quote]I remember I was offered to do featured background work in this show when

can you explain what that is?

by Anonymousreply 192December 23, 2020 1:05 PM

Why did rossum let them write her character getting so skanky/nasty???

by Anonymousreply 193December 27, 2020 3:39 PM

she wanted to get real

by Anonymousreply 194December 27, 2020 5:30 PM

Interesting episode focusing on Mickey and Ian.

I forgot how much I liked the Ian and Kash storyline. Kash's wife discovering him getting fucked by Ian was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 195December 28, 2020 4:11 AM

I swear I’ve seen every episode of the show but there was a fair amount I didn’t remember. I thought it was good, now I’m looking forward to the other Hall of Shame episodes.

by Anonymousreply 196December 28, 2020 4:17 AM

Cameron Monaghan is one of the hottest redheads ever. He's so damned sexy.

And Mickey and Ian are the best gay couple ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197December 28, 2020 4:31 AM

The new Mickey and Ian ep without the flashbacks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198December 28, 2020 4:58 AM

I gave up on those losers in season 3. They never learn and are serially stupid. They’re like a low brow version of the sleazy Trump family.

by Anonymousreply 199December 28, 2020 5:20 AM

[quote]can you explain what that is?

Think: some hat check girl; some dress extra.

by Anonymousreply 200December 28, 2020 5:26 AM

weird taht they always dyed micky's hair. two gingers would have been hotter

by Anonymousreply 201December 28, 2020 12:54 PM

[quote]Probably Harry Hamlin's character Called it

by Anonymousreply 202December 28, 2020 7:31 PM

[quote]weird taht they always dyed micky's hair. two gingers would have been hotter

Noel Fisher looks so much better with his natural hair color. I don't understand why they do such a bad dye job on him. I mean, where did they go, Rudy Giuliani's hair stylist or something.

The worse is that in some episodes, you can see that it's growing out so the sides look terrible.

You'd think they would do a more natural looking dye job, rather than slathering shoe polish on his head, and they'd also opt for a slightly longer style that would allow the color to be better controlled.

by Anonymousreply 203December 28, 2020 7:39 PM

maybe the idea was to look trashy

by Anonymousreply 204December 28, 2020 7:40 PM

his sister mandy had a crapy dye job too, maybe it was a family affair

by Anonymousreply 205December 28, 2020 7:41 PM

Cameron Monahan looks a lot better now than when the show first started - he's really grown into his looks.

That said, in the show, both he and Mickey look like neither bathe with any frequency, let alone regularity.

Why is it that whenever they depict poor people, they always have terrible personal hygiene? I mean, as long as you have running water, how hard is it to bathe every day.

by Anonymousreply 206December 28, 2020 7:46 PM

R206 - wtf? Can you smell them through your tv or something? What an absurd comment.

by Anonymousreply 207December 28, 2020 8:37 PM

[quote]wtf? Can you smell them through your tv or something? What an absurd comment.

idiot.

I stand by my original statement: both he and Mickey LOOK like neither bathe with any frequency, let alone regularity.

by Anonymousreply 208December 28, 2020 8:52 PM

Well you SEEM like an asshole, R208. A pretty fucking stupid one.

by Anonymousreply 209December 28, 2020 9:25 PM

Mickey is disgusting and does look like he rarely bathes and smells. His clothes are almost always covered in some type of stain as if he just lets food and drink run out of his mouth without wiping it up.

by Anonymousreply 210December 28, 2020 10:19 PM

Cameron... damn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211December 29, 2020 12:55 AM

“That has got to be the dirtiest white boy in America”

by Anonymousreply 212December 29, 2020 1:11 AM

[quote]The show jumped the shark when Fiona became a rich bitch business woman.

That was the last season I watched and I actually liked that part of that season. It showed forward progression, something that that these characters never seemed to do. Every season was the same: they start out doing well and seeming like they're going to learn something, they screw up, they accept defeat. Lip starting to become successful, screwing it up and then losing everything. Ian gets a great job doing something he likes as a paramedic, screws it up, loses everything. Then, of course, there's Frank. It never mattered what he did or how horrible or screwed up it was they always let him back in. Maybe I could buy that for a few years but NOT after that many years.

Fiona figuring out she's good at flipping properties and becoming a landlord, realizing that she needed to move on from being mom to her family and then bolting to start her own life worked for me.

I was really only watching for Cameron Monaghan at that point but the trans story turned me off.

This thread also reminded me of the time he posted this to his insta then promptly deleted it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213December 29, 2020 1:13 AM

R210, It is confirmed in their latest sex romp that Mickey being a dirty filthy convict turns him on.

by Anonymousreply 214December 29, 2020 4:14 AM

r212, yeah, she called it

by Anonymousreply 215December 29, 2020 1:13 PM

r213, ooh, he sounds like a total tool

by Anonymousreply 216December 29, 2020 1:15 PM

I don't understand that Twitter post at R213. At all.

[quote] "I know it’s douchey to post this, but ya boy is back in fighting shape and feeling himself. In the sauna prepping for a big night, getting ready for war. Sometimes you gotta embrace your inner fuckboi. Let’s do this."

Can someone please explain?

by Anonymousreply 217December 29, 2020 6:13 PM

R217, he just wanted to show himself off in the sauna after working out in the gym.

He posted it to Instagram and then deleted it because he realized it was in fact too douchey.

by Anonymousreply 218December 29, 2020 6:48 PM

What IS with the bad dye jobs? I’m watching season five and lip is suddenly auburn clarol style? He was a dirty blond

by Anonymousreply 219December 29, 2020 10:44 PM

the red head boy and his cute butch boy lover should have their own show....SMOKIN HOT

by Anonymousreply 220January 4, 2021 10:04 AM

total snacks

by Anonymousreply 221January 4, 2021 3:41 PM

When do the regular episodes return?

by Anonymousreply 222January 5, 2021 9:57 PM

Sunday R222

by Anonymousreply 223January 5, 2021 10:11 PM

Thanks, 223!

by Anonymousreply 224January 5, 2021 10:15 PM

I actually enjoyed both clips shows.

by Anonymousreply 225January 5, 2021 10:51 PM

I forgot how many fun moments V and Kev have brought to the show. Him having sex with her mom was something I had thankfully blocked out.

by Anonymousreply 226January 5, 2021 11:24 PM

they are welcome.

I see reviews of this show parsing and seriously weighing the sociological consequences of all the characters' actions and I'm like, "it's a fucking comedy! get over yourselves"

by Anonymousreply 227January 6, 2021 1:12 PM

cute scene of the red heads sexy chub body....tasty tits

by Anonymousreply 228January 11, 2021 5:15 AM

Cameron's not a "chub," R228.

Don't be ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 229January 18, 2021 12:57 AM

Should have much more explicit gay sex, fucking, rimming, sucking. The only thing shameless about Shameless is that it is still on the air.

by Anonymousreply 230January 18, 2021 1:21 AM

[quote] Should have much more explicit gay sex, fucking, rimming, sucking.

In last week's episode, there was a scene where Mickey's racist dad was fisting an old lady.

Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 231January 18, 2021 3:03 AM

Thankfully, they didn't show it R231

by Anonymousreply 232January 18, 2021 3:09 AM

Why did they have one new episode and then back to another hall of fame episode? Why not air the hall of fame episodes in sequence and then return to new episodes when they have more ready to air.

by Anonymousreply 233January 18, 2021 8:56 PM

Good question R233. Especially when the new footage could've been set before or after last week's episode.

by Anonymousreply 234January 18, 2021 8:58 PM

I gave up after season 5? It’s just too awful, they never change. The Trump family born with a tin spoon in their mouths.

by Anonymousreply 235January 18, 2021 9:01 PM

season eight is the very worse, I doubt I'll get through it, might just skip to nine

by Anonymousreply 236January 24, 2021 1:01 PM

or the very worst

by Anonymousreply 237January 24, 2021 1:15 PM

Okay, this show is all about the sex. I'm gay so for me it is the fucakble guys, mainly fiona's exes, jimmy was super hot, the pratt guy even hotter, ford super sexy in an average joe way. why fiona didn't just fuck the pratt guy AND his hot brother at the same time was a lose for the show

oh, and Lip is super sexy too, loved seeing his hot ass in action

by Anonymousreply 238January 28, 2021 12:51 PM

Sloppy stories in the final seasons

by Anonymousreply 239February 5, 2021 1:32 PM

What’s with the broadcast schedule for the final season? Why so many breaks between episodes? Going out with a whimper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240February 8, 2021 2:29 AM

R240 Do to the pandemic, it's taking longer to film and edit episodes. They also only have so many 'best of' episodes to air.

by Anonymousreply 241February 8, 2021 2:32 AM

They should have waited until it was finished filming before airing it then. The choppiness of weeks between episodes makes for poor flow.

by Anonymousreply 242February 8, 2021 3:15 AM

It wont matter because most people will just wait untill it is release on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 243February 8, 2021 5:19 AM

The guy who plays Mickey looks like he's in his 40's. How old are Ian and Mickey at this point?

by Anonymousreply 244February 8, 2021 5:41 AM

R244 Ian should be 25 and Mickey 26

by Anonymousreply 245February 8, 2021 5:47 AM

Noel(mickey) is 10 years older than Cameron but their characters Ian and Mickey have a 1-2 years age difference.

by Anonymousreply 246February 8, 2021 5:49 AM

It’s the shitty dye job

by Anonymousreply 247February 8, 2021 12:26 PM

noah fisher has a great body

by Anonymousreply 248February 8, 2021 2:14 PM

Next new episode promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249February 8, 2021 3:51 PM

I'm scared for Lip

by Anonymousreply 250February 8, 2021 5:05 PM

Emma what ever is not a great actress and really can't carry the show as the lone female - it makes the final season suck

the black kid is cute, sorry that they cut his lines on account of covid

by Anonymousreply 251February 14, 2021 10:44 PM

Spoiler: So Frank has dementia....

by Anonymousreply 252February 15, 2021 2:59 AM

So it looks like they're doing a Fiona Hall of Shame episode, but it doesn't look like Fiona is actually going to be coming back for it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253February 15, 2021 4:06 AM

I think Fiona will make a surprised apperance in the finale.

by Anonymousreply 254February 15, 2021 5:03 AM

she will come out as trans

by Anonymousreply 255February 15, 2021 1:05 PM

I'm sorry, i really like the "hall of shame" series. it is fun to see the old clips, fascinating to see how the younger cast members have literally grown up on camera and the Fiona one was great, almost like having her back

by Anonymousreply 256February 24, 2021 1:37 PM

SHAMEFUL

by Anonymousreply 257March 1, 2021 3:38 PM

So ummm in the new ep Ian and Mickey had an orgy with their new friends...

by Anonymousreply 258March 7, 2021 5:04 AM

Rain on me.

by Anonymousreply 259March 7, 2021 6:43 AM

A scene was filmed with Fiona and Jimmy in NY. She refused to travel and film with the cast.

Let's see if it make it into the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 260March 7, 2021 8:50 AM

WOW!

by Anonymousreply 261March 7, 2021 1:18 PM

Here is the new ep with only Ian and Mickey...the writer for this ep is a gay man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262March 7, 2021 1:40 PM

damn, still can't get over what a shitty dye job Noah has

by Anonymousreply 263March 7, 2021 1:50 PM

Gay actor/director Satya Bhabha directed the episode from last night

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264March 8, 2021 7:25 PM

Gays will be gays

by Anonymousreply 265March 9, 2021 12:49 PM

Don't fuck with ex-nuns y'all

by Anonymousreply 266March 15, 2021 1:59 AM

thank god terry is gone

by Anonymousreply 267March 15, 2021 2:40 AM

Tired of lesbian Debbie, but at least this is the last season.

by Anonymousreply 268March 15, 2021 8:07 PM

Four episodes left. I've watched since the beginning and have had countless laughs. It's been heavy from time to time but it's best when it's funny.

by Anonymousreply 269March 15, 2021 8:29 PM

I agree, I liked the show when it was more serious, but have really enjoyed the groan worthy gaffs and foibles along the way

by Anonymousreply 270March 16, 2021 1:51 AM

they wrapped up three big threads in this last show, ready for the final hoorah it seems. . ..

by Anonymousreply 271March 23, 2021 1:06 PM

This season is better than at least three or four that preceded it. It's gone back to dark humor while at the same time satirizing current social and political issues and is no longer an earnest white trash soap of the previous several seasons.

by Anonymousreply 272March 23, 2021 1:08 PM

R272 I agree. I've really enjoyed this season. I just miss the nudity

by Anonymousreply 273March 23, 2021 1:11 PM

As much as everyone hates the character of Frank Gallagher (I do too), Bill Macy has always been really good in the role ... especially this season, as Frank slides into dementia.

by Anonymousreply 274March 23, 2021 1:15 PM

I agree, the only reason to keep him, first rate acting, but fuck I wish he wasn't in the show at all.

by Anonymousreply 275March 23, 2021 1:18 PM

[quote]This season is better than at least three or four that preceded it.

Yep, and after thinking it had overstayed its welcome the past couple of seasons, I'm now going to be sad to see it go.

by Anonymousreply 276March 23, 2021 1:21 PM

Yeah, it’s been a good season, but admittedly I’ve enjoyed it a lot more without Fiona. I’ve also liked that there’s been more Mickey and Ian.

by Anonymousreply 277March 23, 2021 1:39 PM

I liked fiona but her nose-dive was weird and sudden and odd. Liam is asking who his guardian is and the answer of course is, "FIONA" but the other kids don't even recall her name

by Anonymousreply 278March 23, 2021 1:56 PM

R278, or maybe they feel she abandoned them (and Liam).

by Anonymousreply 279March 23, 2021 1:57 PM

well, she did

by Anonymousreply 280March 23, 2021 1:58 PM

Did Kev ever find his daughters after they ran off high?

by Anonymousreply 281March 23, 2021 2:03 PM

apparently not, Kev and V are destined to never have a satisfying storyline

by Anonymousreply 282March 23, 2021 2:20 PM

Just realized the killer home health aide who took Terry out is Susan Ruttan from [italic]L.A. Law.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 283March 23, 2021 2:36 PM

Kev didn't even acknowledge his son when we finally saw him again

by Anonymousreply 284March 23, 2021 2:46 PM

Prediction in the finale?

by Anonymousreply 285March 23, 2021 3:16 PM

yeah, the son thing is really weird. another lost plot thread

My prediction for the finale is a huge orgy

by Anonymousreply 286March 23, 2021 3:45 PM

Does anybody else think Ian and Mickey have gotten gayer here toward the end? They wouldn't have been caught dead at a house party for basic, dance-music-listening A-gay wannabes in earlier seasons.

by Anonymousreply 287March 23, 2021 4:29 PM

no, they definitely gayed them the fuck up

by Anonymousreply 288March 23, 2021 5:47 PM

R287, it’s because the show recently hired a gay man as a writer.

by Anonymousreply 289March 24, 2021 2:34 AM

then why has all the unity disappeared?

by Anonymousreply 290March 24, 2021 11:47 AM

Kev and V off into the sunset. . . .

by Anonymousreply 291March 29, 2021 1:30 PM

the young lads is hot but the bill macy character is huge drunk fugly turn off.

by Anonymousreply 292March 29, 2021 9:47 PM

R285 'You. Me. The Beach'

by Anonymousreply 293March 30, 2021 7:00 AM

Kev and V move away, many tears.

Lip and Cammie start their own hair salon-body shop called "heads and tails"

Carl quits the force and joins with Ian and Mickey in the drug security business.

Liam as we already know goes on to become a hedge fund manager

Debbie is a rancid bitch. She drowns little Frankie out of spite

and Fiona calls and tells them all to fuck right off

Frank slips into a coma dreaming of monica

by Anonymousreply 294March 30, 2021 11:59 AM

This show died a long slow death

by Anonymousreply 295March 31, 2021 5:13 PM

It did, I don’t know why

by Anonymousreply 296March 31, 2021 5:36 PM

R296 most shows can't sustain solid writing that long. Very few shows should go more than seven seasons.

by Anonymousreply 297March 31, 2021 6:47 PM

I agree, so curious that they decided to continue after monica's death

by Anonymousreply 298March 31, 2021 6:58 PM

After 7 seasons it is just a payday.

by Anonymousreply 299March 31, 2021 7:21 PM

can they delete all of drunk fugly old william macy from it????

by Anonymousreply 300March 31, 2021 7:24 PM

R299 you mean the cast aren't sticking around because of the compelling scripts??

by Anonymousreply 301March 31, 2021 10:50 PM

apparently not anymore

by Anonymousreply 302April 1, 2021 12:54 AM

Is it really curtains for Frank.

by Anonymousreply 303April 5, 2021 2:42 AM

Can't Wait

by Anonymousreply 304April 5, 2021 2:45 AM

I loved Frank's departure song.

by Anonymousreply 305April 5, 2021 2:51 AM

Pity we didn’t get that scene 4 or 5 seasons ago.

by Anonymousreply 306April 5, 2021 2:56 AM

Here is Frank’s scene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307April 5, 2021 3:20 AM

Loved seeing shirtless Christian Gehring on the treadmill.

by Anonymousreply 308April 5, 2021 8:15 PM

I have a feeling the last episode is going to be dead, disembodied Frank narrating how life goes on without him and what happens to all the Gallaghers. At least I think that would be a neat way to end it.

by Anonymousreply 309April 5, 2021 11:18 PM

Here is a clip of the uk version of the finale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310April 5, 2021 11:55 PM

Lip character just disappoints me - i suppose the idea was that everything was so easy for him when young on account of his brains, and now he struggles for everything

by Anonymousreply 311April 6, 2021 12:48 AM

R311 - they’ve made him Fiona 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 312April 6, 2021 1:10 AM

I miss Fiona and I'm sad that there's no real chance of her showing up for the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 313April 6, 2021 1:14 AM

right - that is a pity

by Anonymousreply 314April 6, 2021 2:21 AM

R308 Something's bound to develop between Ian and the hot "rip sweaty abs" treadmill guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315April 9, 2021 9:10 PM

in one more episode?

by Anonymousreply 316April 9, 2021 9:28 PM

If there were more episodes I'd agree, but it won't. We won't see him again. R315

by Anonymousreply 317April 9, 2021 9:44 PM

Its probably a hint from the show that Ian will eventually cheat on Mickey in the future.

by Anonymousreply 318April 10, 2021 12:43 AM

You can't really blame him for staring, he's gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 319April 10, 2021 1:30 AM

Cameron is a cutie

by Anonymousreply 320April 10, 2021 11:01 AM

Well, that is that. Loved how they ended with the same song they did it the first season's episode one. I will miss them.

by Anonymousreply 321April 11, 2021 5:07 PM

Shucks, can't watch today, need to feel the feels. . .

by Anonymousreply 322April 11, 2021 7:01 PM

Not much redemption for Frank. It was a so-so finale. I guess the message being the family goes on with or without him. I thought there’d maybe a bit more about Fiona than just a couple flashback memories, but I noticed Frank in his letter to his kids didn’t even mention Fiona.

by Anonymousreply 323April 12, 2021 2:02 PM

Cameron is a real prick and the reason Emmy left and wouldn’t even come back for a single final scene.

I hope he gets what’s coming to him sooner than later.

by Anonymousreply 324April 12, 2021 3:52 PM

Creator John Wells: "Emmy and I had a lot of conversations about it, trying to make it work. She's been in New York with [husband] Sam [Esmail], where they live, and right about the time where we were talking about putting it all together was when the additional lockdowns kind of hit again, and it just didn't feel safe or practical for her to come back. So I think it's with a great deal of regret that we couldn't do it but it's just more minor casualty of our year of COVID."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325April 12, 2021 3:55 PM

With the exceptions of not mentioning Fiona and his assholish final words for Debbie, Kev, and Vee, Frank's final monologue echoed the voice-over in the opening credits of the UK series.

by Anonymousreply 326April 12, 2021 4:00 PM

[quote]Cameron is a real prick and the reason Emmy left and wouldn’t even come back for a single final scene.

Why is that? What did he do? Besides be a modestly talented actor?

by Anonymousreply 327April 12, 2021 6:47 PM

I stopped watching when little Debbie went from adorable to slutty....

by Anonymousreply 328April 12, 2021 6:53 PM

That was a decent way to end the series. Can't wait for the reboot/continuation in 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 329April 12, 2021 8:51 PM

Also Debbie still is the worst and CPS needs to take Franny away from her.

by Anonymousreply 330April 12, 2021 8:54 PM

Even still, R325, that's a bit weak. She could have literally phoned in an appearance, or they could have filmed her in New York at some innocuous location. It could have amounted to a phone call with Frank or Lip or someone else, such as with her supposed best friend Vee. To not even have Frank acknowledge her in the end seemed purposeful.

by Anonymousreply 331April 12, 2021 10:15 PM

yeah, pretty fucking clear to me that she wanted NOTHING to do with the show again

by Anonymousreply 332April 12, 2021 10:40 PM

R332 not sure if it was her or them, but there's definitely bad blood. The fact that the show has gone out of their way to not mention Fiona and pretend she doesn't exist...somebody's pissed. I stopped watching when she left but the AV Club reviews have been SHADY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333April 12, 2021 10:43 PM

Genuinely saddens me that I will never get to enjoy the Ian & Mickey storyline again, particularly as there were so many lost dramatic opportunities this season in favour of cheap and pointless plotlines.

by Anonymousreply 334April 12, 2021 11:33 PM

The more I think about it, the more I wish the finale had been 2 hours to wrap more things up.

by Anonymousreply 335April 12, 2021 11:57 PM

I wonder what the real story is with Emmy. Didn’t Macy fight for her to get paid as much as him a few seasons back?

by Anonymousreply 336April 13, 2021 5:02 AM

Supposedly Emmy and Cameron didn't get along. Part of the reason he left the show and only came back after she left.

by Anonymousreply 337April 13, 2021 5:09 AM

R337 possible but for the show to effectively erase Fiona (no mentions, nada) there has to be more than that. Not to mention with such a large cast, they could've had her back and never cross paths with Cameron

by Anonymousreply 338April 13, 2021 5:16 AM

[quote]for the show to effectively erase Fiona (no mentions, nada)

Fiona was included in clips in this last show and she got a Shameless Hall of Shame episode dedicated to her this season, so it's not like they wiped her from the face of the earth.

by Anonymousreply 339April 13, 2021 11:18 AM

r333, that sour cunt at Club needs to change her tampon, what a fucking bitch!

by Anonymousreply 340April 13, 2021 12:50 PM

[quote]I wonder what the real story is with Emmy. Didn’t Macy fight for her to get paid as much as him a few seasons back?

he did, so the bad blood wasn't between them

by Anonymousreply 341April 13, 2021 12:50 PM

Instead of Fiona we got Macy's actual daughter playing the nurse who was with him when he died in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 342April 13, 2021 2:12 PM

I loved Fiona. I have kept watching, but it's never been the same without her. Debbie sucks.

by Anonymousreply 343April 13, 2021 6:50 PM

Debbie's new girlfriend will probably murder her in her sleep

by Anonymousreply 344April 13, 2021 7:20 PM

And the daughter.

by Anonymousreply 345April 13, 2021 11:54 PM

I saved some time and just watched the sex scenes... Feel like I got the gist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346April 14, 2021 5:30 PM

Shame that the show got tame in the way of nudity and sex in later seasons

by Anonymousreply 347April 14, 2021 5:49 PM

covid

by Anonymousreply 348April 15, 2021 12:26 PM

I do agree with the AV Club about Lip. He deserved a better ending.

by Anonymousreply 349April 15, 2021 2:10 PM

I didn't think Lip deserved anything. He had the world in his hands and he fucked it up at college.

by Anonymousreply 350April 15, 2021 2:25 PM

By being an alky.

by Anonymousreply 351April 15, 2021 2:42 PM

True, I guess. I just felt bad for him that he’s destined to be Frank 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 352April 15, 2021 3:02 PM

I mean, Debbie's gonna be Monica 2.0 so it only makes sense R352

by Anonymousreply 353April 15, 2021 6:01 PM

Fiona - bitch and flew the coop

Lip - flunky but at least trying

Ian - Successful if he can keep on keeping on and his husband doesn't piss off the other tenants

Debbie - criminal with a small kid and a wrench

Carl - washed-up cop at 22, could be worse

Liam - from flash-forwards destined for success.

by Anonymousreply 354April 15, 2021 7:42 PM

The theme of the show: If you're born poor, it's impossible to improve your circumstances

by Anonymousreply 355April 15, 2021 7:52 PM

Unless you’re ian

by Anonymousreply 356April 15, 2021 10:03 PM

R356 if they got a season 12, he'd be fucked up again.

by Anonymousreply 357April 15, 2021 10:05 PM

Thank god they don’t

by Anonymousreply 358April 15, 2021 10:07 PM

Agree R350. The deal about Lip's intelligence was abandoned many seasons ago. In season 1 a professor told Lip that he'd get a girl pregnant and end up with a ton of regrets if he didn't get serious about school and go to college. Lip sarcastically blew him off. The professor was right. Lip is a loser. A slightly better version of Frank. Fiona should have been mentioned in the final episode. She carried the show for years. I was highly disappointed in the ending.

by Anonymousreply 359April 15, 2021 11:12 PM

The show was so bad at abandoned plotlines, you'd think it was a Ryan Murphy production

by Anonymousreply 360April 15, 2021 11:22 PM

[quote]Fiona should have been mentioned in the final episode

In the version I saw, she was. Sorry if you somehow got an abridged episode.

by Anonymousreply 361April 15, 2021 11:44 PM

she's in flashbacks. and he calls her name while dying in the ICU

by Anonymousreply 362April 17, 2021 11:25 AM

the end

by Anonymousreply 363April 17, 2021 8:10 PM

Is Frank dead?

by Anonymousreply 364April 25, 2021 7:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!