Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Experimental novels

Any good recommendations?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2021 8:40 AM

An old one - The Raw Shark Texts

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2020 2:44 PM

Hogg

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2020 3:35 PM

An older one: Tristam Shandy.

by Anonymousreply 3November 29, 2020 3:55 AM

"Strange Sisters."

by Anonymousreply 4November 29, 2020 7:29 AM

Nabokovs amazing and exhilarating Pale Fire.

by Anonymousreply 5December 9, 2020 12:46 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 6February 5, 2021 5:40 AM

Almanac of the Dead

by Anonymousreply 7February 5, 2021 5:41 AM

I love this one. It’s a real page turner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 5, 2021 5:48 AM

Amusement Pork

by Anonymousreply 9February 5, 2021 6:20 AM

I don't like your choice, OP.

The F-Word needs to be banned! Just like the N-Word needs to be banned.

by Anonymousreply 10February 5, 2021 6:26 AM

Who’s that experimental gay novelist who writes books about harming twinks?

by Anonymousreply 11February 5, 2021 6:45 AM

“Sculder and Mully are two FBI agents assigned to The Butt Files, a division of the FBI dealing exclusively with cases that are too arousing to solve. Together they’ve managed to crack plenty of unexplained cases, but their new assignment is the most mysterious one yet.

When a troubled bigfoot contacts Sculder about his television set that won’t turn on, the handsome agent jumps at the chance to get to the bottom of this technological paranormal occurrence. It’s only when the agent’s arrive that they discover the TV wasn’t plugged in, but soon the plug itself comes into play. Looking mysteriously like an anal probe, this paranormal plug sends Sculder on a journey to find the truth… deep within his own ass.”

by Anonymousreply 12February 5, 2021 6:49 AM

The Sluts

by Anonymousreply 13February 5, 2021 9:37 PM

R11 Dennis Cooper

by Anonymousreply 14February 6, 2021 7:27 PM

M I

by Anonymousreply 15February 12, 2021 6:54 AM

Anything by Delany

by Anonymousreply 16February 19, 2021 6:04 PM

"Experimental novels" have not existed since the publication of "Finnegans Wake" and "The World Is Round."

One's model and scheme work or they don't. It doesn't matter how a novel is put together if it succeeds with readers. Prose = Prose.

People - and writers - are so ignorant, preening and pretentious. No one called "Tristram Shandy" "experimental" and readers today still (can) find it challenging. Its first volume appeared in 1759.

by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2021 6:25 PM

R17 You don’t consider Gravity’s Rainbow experimental?

by Anonymousreply 18February 19, 2021 6:27 PM

Castle faggot not as fun as his haunted hillbilly book.

by Anonymousreply 19February 19, 2021 6:30 PM

Bumppp

by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2021 4:55 AM

So, I looked up some of these books and at 100 pages or so, I'd have to call several of them pamphlets.

by Anonymousreply 21February 23, 2021 7:52 AM

I've never heard of Castle Faggot but now I'm intrigued.

I've read The Raw Shark Texts and it was ok but not as good as I was expecting. Really liked 'House of Leaves' by Mark Z. Danielewski - it's very difficult to explain but basically a story within a story with a very unconventional layout.

I also have S. by JJ Abrams and Doug Dorst, which is also essentially a story within a story but I never actually finished it.

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2021 8:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!