Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Andy Warhol biography

I just finished a biography of Andy Warhol.

Why aren't there any film bios based on his life? Gay life in NTC in the 50s alone would be interesting, let alone the 60s and 70s,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 28, 2020 3:23 AM

"Gay life in NYC'

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2020 2:55 AM

No one knows much about his sex life. He was very discreet and very unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2020 2:56 AM

The biography OP linked to has chapters on his affairs with Billy Name and Jed Johnson.

He was primarily a voyeur

by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2020 3:01 AM

I wonder if there hasn't been a feature film about him due to his family, maybe they're protective of his estate?

To be fair, I think he'd be a hard subject to make a film about, but THEN don't forget about movies like I Shot Andy Warhol, Basquiat, Factory Girl, etc.

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2020 3:01 AM

It is odd that his sex life has been kept so completely secret. He was clearly a horn dog who hired and recruited hot guys. But no explicit details about his freakishness that I have ever read.

by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2020 3:03 AM

This material is suitable for a director like Gus Van Sant.

by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2020 3:05 AM

I took an elective summer class on Warhol in college. As an artist myself, I try to collect as many references as possible. Most artists will tell you the same.

Anyway, I still only like a portion of his work, and know that I would've found him insufferable and completely exhausting as a person. I don't think he was a genius, but he was curious, and worked constantly. But he WAS very lucky he was born at the time he was.

by Anonymousreply 7November 28, 2020 3:19 AM

I wonder what happened to all the audio tapes he made?

by Anonymousreply 8November 28, 2020 3:22 AM

[quote]The biography OP linked to has chapters on his affairs with Billy Name and Jed Johnson.

Oh, right...the ones I read in the 90s had none of that and the diaries as well never talked about his sex life other then trying to hook up with guys who weren't interested. I don't think i could go back to reading about him again.

by Anonymousreply 9November 28, 2020 3:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!