Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you despise a celebrity you once liked?

Who is it and why?

by Anonymousreply 116December 1, 2020 10:02 PM

Jon Voight. Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2020 2:57 AM

Susan Sarandon for her stick-up-the-ass political stance.

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2020 3:11 AM

Gwyneth Paltrow. I was delusional enough to think she deserved her Oscar for Shakespeare in Love back when she won. Now I think she's a self-righteous twat and I refuse to watch anything in which she appears.

by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2020 3:15 AM

Kate McKinnon- I thought she was quite funny and talented in her first few seasons of SNL. Now, she's awful with those creepy impersonations of male politicians.

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2020 3:23 AM

Patti Labelle - in her last 10 years she’s gone beyond diva to pointless bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2020 3:24 AM

^Dionne, isn’t it past your bedtime, you old hag?

by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2020 3:26 AM

Tobey Maguire.

He's a great actor, and I liked almost every movie he was in until I read a few articles about him that pretty much sum him up as quite the douchebag in real life (See or read Molly's Game for an example). I don't think I'd watch any future movies he may be in knowing what a prick he is.

by Anonymousreply 7November 28, 2020 3:42 AM

Patti, dear. You KNOW that was not I at R5 (Is that how you refer to the terrible people here?).

You KNOW I would never have said that.

You KNOW I never thought you were a diva. And you KNOW I do not think you are a pointless bitch.

I've seen the top of your head. You are not pointless at at..

Happy Day After Pie Day. You are like the Mildred Pierce fallen into a hot oven, baby. All those sticky dollar bills. I mean that in the best way. weigh. Well, you know what I mean. And how's that sugar diabetes, Patti? I never heard of Type 3 before.

Re wouldn't dare rush by you with the stink eye at the White House now. Now she'd take a different route altogether. But she be baking now. Yes she is.

by Anonymousreply 8November 28, 2020 3:44 AM

Faye Dunaway, for reasons which are well-known to her. Her, and every one else on planet fucking Earth.

I never liked Rihanna, but during the "Prom Bat" incident, she confirmed she's absolute human trash.

by Anonymousreply 9November 28, 2020 3:59 AM

Donna Summer, Elton John, Reese Witherspoon, Mel Gibson, Kevin Hart, Woody Allen, Susan Sarandon, Dave Chappelle, & Aaron Rogers (partial list)…lol

by Anonymousreply 10November 28, 2020 4:10 AM

Julie Chen

I used to watch Big Brother years ago and thought she seemed pretty cool. But when she started using her married name only after her husband was accused of sexual assault and ousted from CBS, that sort of turned me off her. Now that he isn't in a high position anymore and the world knows what kind of man he is, THAT is when you suddenly choose to (in Tammy Wynette's voice) stand by your man?

by Anonymousreply 11November 28, 2020 4:12 AM

I used to like Johnny Depp and thought he was talented, and now that seems incomprehensible. His performances in Ed Wood and Donnie Brasco still probably hold up, but he seems like such a loathsome person that I don’t care enough to check.

by Anonymousreply 12November 28, 2020 4:16 AM

Sharon Osbourne -- I used to think she was funny, eccentric, and a fun, larger-than-life character. But when she told the story about what she did to her assistant I began to realize she wasn't who I thought she was at all.

by Anonymousreply 13November 28, 2020 4:17 AM

Mia Farrow. She turned in some great acting performances. But then she became batshit crazy with Woody Allen and her children.

by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2020 4:18 AM

Howard Stern, he's become everything he used to make fun of.

by Anonymousreply 15November 28, 2020 4:22 AM

Kevin Spacey due to those rape allegations

Jon Voight because of his batshit crazy love of Trump and conspiracy theories

Mel Gibson until all the racist, anti-semitic, misogynist, rage stories came out

by Anonymousreply 16November 28, 2020 4:30 AM

Bill Cosby -- I grew up watching his shows and fell for his family man persona hook, line, and sinker. When I heard the accusations against him, I thought there was no way he could've done those things. It's just sad he couldn't be the man he pretended he was.

by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2020 4:32 AM

R4 Good one. She has become overexposed and exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2020 4:37 AM

Not a “celebrity” celebrity, but Aung San Sun Kyi broke my heart going from being a leader fighting for peace and democracy and winning the Nobel Peace prize, only to end up in bed with fascist and blood on her hands from ethnic cleansing.

by Anonymousreply 19November 28, 2020 4:40 AM

Mel Gibson, Robert Downey JR, Kevin Spacey, Dennis Quaid, Johnny Depp, Charlie Sheen, Meryl Streep.

by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2020 4:47 AM

Bono - the guy is insufferable now.

by Anonymousreply 21November 28, 2020 4:59 AM

Mick Jagger, and as mentioned, Johnny Depp and Mia Farrow.

I was initially interested in Meghan Markle, but now despise her.

by Anonymousreply 22November 28, 2020 5:00 AM

Dolly Parton

by Anonymousreply 23November 28, 2020 5:01 AM

Christina Crawford for reasons that are well known to her!

by Anonymousreply 24November 28, 2020 5:03 AM

Why Dolly Parton?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 28, 2020 5:09 AM

Madonna because her Norma Desmond reinvention sucks!

by Anonymousreply 26November 28, 2020 5:10 AM

Meryl Streep. (See: Harvey Weinstein.)

by Anonymousreply 27November 28, 2020 5:17 AM

r27 must be a Republican. They tried to blame her for the shit Weinstein did because she spoke out against Trump

by Anonymousreply 28November 28, 2020 5:24 AM

TRH The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge.

I cannot stand either of them. He is so boring, she is all apple pie and motherhood. Makes me want to vomit.

by Anonymousreply 29November 28, 2020 5:30 AM

Johnny Depp and Michael Jackson.

I don't have to tell you why, do I.

by Anonymousreply 30November 28, 2020 5:32 AM

Anderson Cooper.

Thought he was an intellectual introvert when he hosted World News Now overnight on ABC when I was in college.

Didn't realize he was a fame whore with questionable taste in friends.

by Anonymousreply 31November 28, 2020 5:40 AM

Madonna. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 32November 28, 2020 5:43 AM

Meghan Markle. I liked her so much at first because she was so beautiful and she was mixed-race--I couldn;t understand why people were posting bad stuff about her before the trip to Africa.

Well, now I know.

by Anonymousreply 33November 28, 2020 5:49 AM

[quote] I don't have to tell you why, do I.

Why, Dorothy?

by Anonymousreply 34November 28, 2020 5:51 AM

I mean, tastes change over time..

by Anonymousreply 35November 28, 2020 6:00 AM

[Quote] I never liked Rihanna, but during the "Prom Bat" incident, she confirmed she's absolute human trash.

What happened?

by Anonymousreply 36November 28, 2020 6:00 AM

Mel Gibson.

Duh.

by Anonymousreply 37November 28, 2020 6:04 AM

I had an O.J. Simpson football jersey as a child.

by Anonymousreply 38November 28, 2020 6:06 AM

I wanted to slap Jon Voight when he made that outrageous Trump "won" statement, but then I remembered how nuts the poor guy has always been. I read a good bio of Angelina Jolie and, trust me, she is the sanest of her nuclear family. Both Jon and his wife were in cult after cult.

So, I still enjoy The Odessa File because the poor guy is talented and can't help his crazy.

by Anonymousreply 39November 28, 2020 6:07 AM

Amber Heard. Please join the 2 million signatures

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 28, 2020 6:12 AM

the Andrew Morton bio of Jolie r39?

I read that. She comes off quite well and as a real survivor.

by Anonymousreply 41November 28, 2020 6:20 AM

Voight has always had issues. I remember he was involved with some group that had supposedly found some religious artifact that proved something about Christ or something like that. He'd give press conferences promoting the earth shattering revelation to come....but it never came.

by Anonymousreply 42November 28, 2020 6:21 AM

I don’t think anyone ever liked Amber Heard. She’s never given a notable performance. She’d probably be hard pressed to find even an adequate review. She’s a con and a sociopath. Only dates men when they’re very wealthy otherwise she’s shacked up with women? She’s a whore.

by Anonymousreply 43November 28, 2020 6:25 AM

I came to despise Michael Jackson, not over the pedo allegations, but because of the stories of him abusing the animals in his menagerie at Neverland.

by Anonymousreply 44November 28, 2020 6:26 AM

I guess Michael Jackson, Bill Cosby and Kevin Spacey all qualify. I have a bit of sympathy for them only because I suspect Jackson and Spacey are abuse victims and Cosby went through the ordeal of having his son killed.

I certainly don't despise them but I can see where Mia Farrow, Sean Young, Faye Dunaway and Madonna raise hackles.

by Anonymousreply 45November 28, 2020 6:33 AM

Trump

by Anonymousreply 46November 28, 2020 6:39 AM

Martha Stewart, after that insider trading scheme and associating with that Snoop Doggy Dog.

by Anonymousreply 47November 28, 2020 6:45 AM

Oh, fercryinoutloud, people! Forty-seven posts, and not a SINGLE mention of cunty little me?!

(note: I DO have a handful of you on "block.")

by Anonymousreply 48November 28, 2020 7:11 AM

R48 today I have someone everyone in America likes but me and I’m gonna make her life hell for exactly 7 minutes!

by Anonymousreply 49November 28, 2020 7:14 AM

Ricky Schroeder since he now posts part of a 2 million dollars bail for a racist murder.

I thought Jon Voight was brilliant in Midnight Cowboy but now he is just batshit crazy mean.

When he was paired with Dean Martin I thought Jerry Lewis was a comedy genius but after the split he became the meanest, most hateful narcissist and completely unfunny. A horrible, rotten man.

by Anonymousreply 50November 28, 2020 7:15 AM

Tim Allen, the drug-dealing jailbird who snitched on the bigger fish to get a lighter sentence, then was gifted a great career in Hollywood despite that fuckery, only to end up as a Trump-loving, liberal hating asshole.

by Anonymousreply 51November 28, 2020 7:23 AM

Stevie Nicks. Morrissey. Narcissism and tone deafness.

by Anonymousreply 52November 28, 2020 7:29 AM

Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 53November 28, 2020 7:31 AM

Markle

by Anonymousreply 54November 28, 2020 7:33 AM

Princess Anne, if she is anything like she is depicted in The Crown.

by Anonymousreply 55November 28, 2020 7:34 AM

Actually the whole British royal family.

by Anonymousreply 56November 28, 2020 7:35 AM

Roseanne Barr. She use to be funny but now she’s nuts. A Trumper and a racist too.

by Anonymousreply 57November 28, 2020 7:37 AM

R57 she is such a boomer. You just know she got radicalized on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 58November 28, 2020 7:41 AM

Jon Hamm. I loved him until I read about his torture hazing. Now I can't stand to see his face.

by Anonymousreply 59November 28, 2020 7:42 AM

I used to love Ani DiFranco then her music started to really suck like after 2003 then I saw a recent video of hers and she was just gross. Not just old/ugly but desperate sjw with shitty squawking horns and organ in her music or whatever. She named an album ‘Binary’, LOL no thanks.

by Anonymousreply 60November 28, 2020 7:46 AM

Kevin Spacey, Rosanne, Jon Voight, Megan Markle, James Woods, Ricky Schroeder, Martha Stewart

by Anonymousreply 61November 28, 2020 7:50 AM

Kevin Spacey. I still think he's a great actor, but he's undeniably a piece of shit human being.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Again, I used to be such a fan, but then I kept hearing about him being a shitty person and coupled with his "drug addicts are retarded" bullshit, he can fuck right off. He also seems to barely try to act these days, so he isn't even turning in decent work anymore.

by Anonymousreply 62November 28, 2020 11:34 AM

Woody Allen - what he did to Mia Farrow and her family was unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 63November 28, 2020 11:42 AM

R60---Come on! That has ALWAYS been Ani Di Franco's schtick...forEVER.

by Anonymousreply 64November 28, 2020 12:55 PM

Sam Smith -- I really liked his music and thought he was a talented singer. I also thought it was cool to see a gay, overweight singer become such a big, mainstream star. He lost all the weight and became an attention whore. But it wasn't until he started buying into that non-binary bullshit and insisting on they/them pronouns that he lost all my respect.

by Anonymousreply 65November 28, 2020 1:12 PM

Neil Patrick Harris - I used to think he is funny. But I think he is just male Ellen.

Ellen - We all know why. Strong cunt energy is beyond my bearing.

Meryl Streep - her "I go to work by helicopter" defense for working for Harvey is disgusting. Hypocrite. She is also overrated.

by Anonymousreply 66November 28, 2020 1:17 PM

I used to love Bob Barker. I thought he was a good host on The Price is Right and had a great sense of humor.

Then I learned what a disgusting lech and sexual predator and absolutely nasty fucker he was. Now I can't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 67November 28, 2020 1:23 PM

DTM!

Still scared to come out of the closet at almost 50 years old!

by Anonymousreply 68November 28, 2020 1:31 PM

Who is DTM?

Mine have pretty much all been mentioned: MJ, Mel, Cosby, Roseanne, Spacey, Madonna (I guess I feel sorry for her more than I despise her. She's a raging narcissist and delusional, but she doesn't seem to actively hurt people the way the others do).

I think it's time that we as a culture bid goodbye to the cult of celebrity. Most of those people are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 69November 28, 2020 1:41 PM

Oh, I forgot Johnny Depp. Though he's another, like Madonna, who seems to harm himself more than he harms anyone else (I have my doubts about Amber). But I agree with another poster here who said they at one time admired his talent, but now find it hard to believe they ever did. He's fallen so far.

by Anonymousreply 70November 28, 2020 1:46 PM

I don't despise her ... but Judy Collins' wigs after 50 years of fandom ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 28, 2020 2:20 PM

Matthew McConaughey. Totally bought into his hype in the mid-90s but he’s become insufferable. The playful stoner dude vibe is pathetic at his age.

by Anonymousreply 72November 28, 2020 3:12 PM

Dennis Miller. Cool in 80's. Ass wipe by 2000

by Anonymousreply 73November 28, 2020 3:17 PM

Elon Musk.

I used to think of him as a great visionary working towards furthering knowledge and helping humankind (I know). He now strikes me as an unhinged egomaniac.

by Anonymousreply 74November 28, 2020 3:21 PM

Mel Gibson, he was liked by everyone, such a shame.

Bill Cosby.

Jennifer Lawrence.

Meghan and prince Harry.

by Anonymousreply 75November 28, 2020 3:30 PM

The two big ones for me are Spacey and Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 76November 28, 2020 3:34 PM

Ellen...fake all the way.

by Anonymousreply 77November 28, 2020 4:14 PM

Mark Ruffalo

by Anonymousreply 78November 28, 2020 4:16 PM

Mark Ruffalo

by Anonymousreply 79November 28, 2020 4:16 PM

Mark Ruffalo? Why?

by Anonymousreply 80November 28, 2020 9:01 PM

You still love me! Thank you sweeties!! Mwah!!

by Anonymousreply 81November 28, 2020 9:03 PM

R79 is just being a shit-stirrer.

Tim Allen is a Trump supporter? I knew that jackass and we share a birth year. Has he descended into Alzheimer's?

NOW I despise him.

by Anonymousreply 82November 29, 2020 12:42 AM

Where ya BEEN, R82? Allen is just a few years away from being Jon Voight.

by Anonymousreply 83November 30, 2020 12:07 AM

Robert Downey Jr. I liked him better when he was on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 84November 30, 2020 12:16 AM

Tom Selleck

by Anonymousreply 85November 30, 2020 12:17 AM

I thought Rose McGowan was fun and trashy and "in on the joke" so to speak in her early career. I never saw the whole "I was raped that's why I wore a chain mail dress that covered nothing on the red carpet, I was bringing my power back" story coming she concocted about something she wore 20 years ago. Her "wounded gazelles of Hollywood need MY help" shtick is old.

by Anonymousreply 86November 30, 2020 12:34 AM

I never liked Candy Spelling, I’ve always despised her.

by Anonymousreply 87November 30, 2020 12:44 AM

Kathy Griffin

by Anonymousreply 88November 30, 2020 12:46 AM

Charlize Theron. I really liked her in Monster and Young Adult, but then dated dusty has been Sean Penn and let her little child go trans.

by Anonymousreply 89November 30, 2020 12:56 AM

Dustin Hoffman.

Short-man's ego and a complete lack of range, which he can't see.

Al Pacino

Short-man's ego and a complete lack of range, which he can't see.

James Caan

Short man's ego and a complete lack of range, which he can't see.

Ben Stiller

Jesse Eisenberg

Sean Penn

Short man's ego. And he got fugly.

by Anonymousreply 90November 30, 2020 2:45 AM

R89 yuck. I've never liked her. Give me Margaret Cho any day though.

by Anonymousreply 91November 30, 2020 2:59 AM

Is there an exhaustive list of celebs who are known Trumptards?

by Anonymousreply 92November 30, 2020 2:59 AM

Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 93November 30, 2020 3:28 AM

Roseanne, Trumpism and untreated mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 94November 30, 2020 6:12 AM

Madonna of course.

by Anonymousreply 95November 30, 2020 6:25 AM

Lots of good ones here.

Madonna - Huge fan for almost 40 years but the last two years have been painful. She is like a grotesque corpse.

Jon Voight and Susan Sarandon - once great actors; now completely insufferable and moronic.

Debra Messing - social media has made her insufferable

Robin Strasser - followed her on Twitter for a few days. That was enough.

by Anonymousreply 96November 30, 2020 6:43 AM

Kevin Spacey.

I threw out all his movies from my collection.

by Anonymousreply 97November 30, 2020 7:10 AM

Armie Hammer. I knew nothing about him but enjoyed watching him in The Social Network and Call Me By Your Name. Then the toe incident happened which made him completely insane in my eyes. My opinion has gone downhill from there, especially after seeing how he wants so little to do with his kids. What an absolute man child.

Elizabeth Moss. Loved her in Mad Men but then I found out she was a Scientologist. Ew.

by Anonymousreply 98November 30, 2020 8:24 AM

Hmm, still depressed by once-hot Johnny Depp’s descent into twisted druggie...I used to believe Ellen,‘s schtick that she was a nice person... Kirstie Allie and any other celebrity who endorsed the orange fucktard... Madonna (I still want to like her and for her to redeem herself but she’s need to undo the extraterrestrial surgery and delete her social media).

by Anonymousreply 99November 30, 2020 8:48 AM

R21 I came here to post Bono. I worshipped him in the 80s, now he turns my stomach.

by Anonymousreply 100November 30, 2020 8:50 AM

Kate Middleton, who's done absolutely nothing but age poorly.

by Anonymousreply 101November 30, 2020 9:02 AM

Jodie Foster - I used to think she was a great actress. Now I watch her old movies and realize she plays every part the same - as a nervous, twitchy, emotionally unstable lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 102November 30, 2020 11:03 AM

Ellen is the only one I can think of. I really used to like her when she was on that short lived sitcom about real estate. But she’s so angry and self important now. It’s off putting.

I generally like stars once they become more human. I never liked Märtha Stewart until her life got messy. Now I love her. Always felt Jane Fonda was too intense and strident but love her after seeing the HBO documentary and learning how insightful and funny she is.

by Anonymousreply 103November 30, 2020 11:20 AM

I can't believe I forgot to mention Chris Pratt. So many people dislike this guy now, but he never did anything terrible to change people's perception, he was always like that, we didn't knew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104November 30, 2020 11:51 AM

[Quote] Now I watch her old movies and realize she plays every part the same - as a nervous, twitchy, emotionally unstable lesbian.

And now we have KStew to carry on that tradition.

by Anonymousreply 105November 30, 2020 12:38 PM

She's not exactly a celebrity, but I used to think Brenda Dickson was harmless and amusing. I now understand that she is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 106November 30, 2020 1:07 PM

I hate Chris Pratt's god-bagginess, repugnantcan beliefs, crappy movies and everything, but damn it, I think he's cute. Even when he was fat Andy he was cute to me. I am sorry! Has he had a bunch of plastic surgery? Can shaving and dropping weight make that big of a change?

by Anonymousreply 107November 30, 2020 3:08 PM

Barbra Streisand. Since 1969. I held on for a long time...but what she's become over the past 25 years is indigestible. Streisand is not evil, she's annoying, and should have faded from public view many many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 108November 30, 2020 3:23 PM

Andy Cohen--used to think he was cute and fun. Now he kind of terrifies me.

Anderson Cooper--used to think he was boring but respectable. Now I know the company he keeps and I judge him for it.

GOOP--Self-explanatory.

Ellen--I have always liked her nice-gal family-friendly comedy style and it's really disappointing to learn she treats people like trash.

Roseanne--I found her exhausting back in the 90s when she was making dramatic headlines about proclaiming she had been sexually abused and had multiple personalities, etc. But when she had a talk show, I thought she was pretty likable. She wasn't very off putting and seemed to have a little more substance than some talk show hosts sometimes. Ut then she turned out to be patently insane...and to be fair, she did tell us so a long time ago. I actually pity her more than I dislike her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109November 30, 2020 4:18 PM

Chris Pratt, of course. Hot until you discover he’s an animal abusing dick.

by Anonymousreply 110November 30, 2020 5:28 PM

I don’t even know what she’s doing these days, but despite liking her early on I feel like the last time I saw Gena Davis she pissed me off and the animosity has only grown deeper. Maybe it was all that “I’m an Olympic archer now! Lalalalalalala,”

by Anonymousreply 111November 30, 2020 5:47 PM

R98 - I know nothing about a “toe incident”. Do tell.

And yes, you can insultingly tell me I’ve been living under a rock.

by Anonymousreply 112November 30, 2020 10:32 PM

Social media has ruined so many stars/artists while helped others.

I love Bette Midler on social media but Barbra is insufferable. Funny, though, that Bette and Babs talk about the same things but Bette does it so much better. She's funny and witty and makes great points. Babs just sounds very entitled and privileged and she's not funny, insightful or witty.

George Takei and Mark Hamill also make great use of social media for the most part.

Debra Messing, Susan Sarandon, Ellen Barkin, Rose McGowan, Madonna - all insufferable on social media.

by Anonymousreply 113November 30, 2020 10:37 PM

Jeremy Renner. Seemed like a decent guy in interviews after his success with The Hurt Locker and a few other movies.

Then, he became well known with his Hawkeye Marvel character, and he turned out to be a complete asshole in social media. Between the way he treated his “wife”, and calling ScarJo’s character a slut, and other things, he seems to really despise women. It’s really ironic that he has a daughter.

by Anonymousreply 114December 1, 2020 3:50 AM

R114 Says, "ironic" when the correct phrase would be, 'Renner has a child who, unfortunately for her, was born female.'

by Anonymousreply 115December 1, 2020 3:57 PM

Jeremy Renner is delicious and I need him.

by Anonymousreply 116December 1, 2020 10:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!