Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

America’s Favorite Fast Food Chains by State 🍔🍟🥤

What is your state’s favorite? 🤤🤗

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 25, 2020 1:52 AM

This is bullshit. While there are Skyline franchises not far from the western border of our state, there aren't any within our borders. I nominate Tudor's Biscuit World: a fine West Virginian establishment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 8:31 PM

I refuse to believe MF'ing Denny's is the most popular chain here.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2020 8:35 PM

There are exactly two Blimpie locations in Indiana, one practically in Cincinnati, OH and the other quite a way north of indianapolis. There are a zillion McDonald's, Burger Kings, KFCs, etc. in Indiana but supposedly Blimpie is the "favorite." Yeah...this map is some bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 8:37 PM

A cursory google shows that Tim Hortons has NO locations in Oklahoma.

Don't believe everything you see OP, always consider the source. This data comes from PISS apparently (that's actually the name of the "organization")

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2020 8:38 PM

I agree with R2, although clearly my manner of expression is far less pedestrian. Certainly, a rather aged population was polled because Denny's simply wouldn't appeal to the California palate.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2020 8:41 PM

Jollibees???

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2020 8:41 PM

CO says Rainforest Cafe but I don’t think there is one in the state. And surely we’d be Chipotle.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2020 8:46 PM

No In’n’Out in Iowa either.

But THE most ridiculous one is Colorado with Rainforest Cafe. Do they even fucking exist anymore.

OP, you in danger gurl if you keep posting this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2020 8:47 PM

Most Denny's locations are open 24 hours and the food is cheap. That's all most Californians care about. Pancakes and grilled cheese are good for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2020 8:48 PM

Apparently the map is wrong, Tim Horton? But I will say the title of the thread caught my attention because (and I know this will horrify some on DL) when my family first visited the US in the early 90s on a package holiday to Orlando our goal was to try to visit as many of the chains we had heard of on TV as possible. We even posed for pictures outside many of them and got lots of oooohs when we got home and showed the extended family. We did visits lots and learned that some were regional and didn't exist in Orlando. Playing 'license plate bingo' and 'chain restaurant bingo' provided lots of fun.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2020 8:50 PM

This sounds like bullshit but I just love that they have KFC as the most popular in the home state of Chick-fil-A, Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2020 8:51 PM

Never seen a Carl"s Jr. in MD or DE

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2020 8:54 PM

^Where were you when Georgia turned BLUE?

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2020 8:54 PM

[quote] There are exactly two Blimpie locations in Indiana

I see five locations in Indiana but still that is crazy that anyone thinks they are number one in Indiana

Elkhart, West Harrison, Delphi, Princeton and Jasper

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2020 8:55 PM

This map looks way more accurate than OP's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 8:56 PM

[quote] The Public Information and Statistics Society map is most definitely not real.

[quote] Guys, to think that Denny's would be California's favorite restaurant is laughable. And, by the way In-N-Outs don't even exist in Washington or Iowa. And what the heck is Jollibee? Because Michigan residents sure don't know.

[quote] No, this map is definitely not real. And the name of the place the "statistics" that made the map come from is a big tip. The map was made by 2020 information from the Public Information and Statistics Society. Which doesn't exist. Because it was made up by Barstool. Because the acronym spells "piss."

[quote] It seems what made the internet most furious about this map are Chuck E. Cheese and Rainforest Cafe.

[quote] Look, we can argue all day long about our personal preferences in regards to fast food. Because, for real, the idea that Olive Garden is New Jersey's favorite is nonsense and no one in New York is getting Sbarro. But what we think we can all agree on is that Chuck E. Cheese and Rainforest Cafe are no states' favorites, anywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2020 9:02 PM

Sbarro?! REALLY? Denny's #1 ranking in California is a surprise, too.

No Pizza Hut. Interesting.

I like the sole Boston Market victory. Their creamed spinach and cornbread is slammin.

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2020 9:08 PM

Edit: 1 Pizza Hut state. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2020 9:08 PM

They have In-N-Out in Iowa?

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2020 9:32 PM

WTF is Melty's?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2020 9:42 PM

From the article:

A map of the United States titled "America's Favorite Food Chains" that claims to show the most popular chain restaurants in each state based on 2020 data from the "Public Information and Statistics Society" - which doesn't exist - was shared in a tweet by Barstool Sports.

Ohio and West Virginia are pretty easy giveaways of the hoax. Ohio's most popular is Molly's, a bar and grill in Youngstown, Ohio, that is not a chain. Or maybe it says Melty's, which doesn't exist.

And West Virginia's most popular is Skyline Chili, which does not have any Skyline locations. (Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Florida are the only states with Skyline locations.)

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2020 9:45 PM

Denny’s make sense for California. A lot of foreign tourists and foreign students go to Denny’s when they’re here beverages they don’t know any better. Also, open 24 hours means you get the stoners and night owls, we have a lot of those in the bigger cities here in Cali.

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2020 9:51 PM

Colorado doesn’t even HAVE a Rainforest Cafe.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2020 9:54 PM

Sbarro's is #1 in NY? I thought they went out of business years ago. The real answer is Kennedy/Crown Fried Chicken.

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2020 9:58 PM

I concur with those calling bullshit on this map. Here in Indiana, it's more likely a tie between McDonald's and Cracker Barrel. There are a few Chick-fil-A's around, but I've never been even near one, so I don't know how busy they are. Indiana was the first state to turn red on November 3 after all. smh

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2020 10:41 PM

I can't speak for every state but I have lived in CA, TX, NY and Mass and have family in AZ.

CA. No fucking way. I don't know ANYONE that ate at Denny's. In N Out or Jack in the Box.

NY. Sbarro? Are they only polling the people driving on the highway or eating at the location in Penn? No way.

MA. I would agree about the one map having Dunkin' Donuts. It's like a fucking religion for some of these people.

TX. This is the only one that is fairly spot on. Texans are very loyal to and all about their WHATTABURGER. I think it's good? I only ate there when I was drunk or hungover and I'm guessing that was for a reason. I remember thinking the banana shake was great but also hoped it wouldn't make me puke lol.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2020 12:42 AM

IT'S A FAKE SURVEY FROM A FAKE GROUP!!! Can't you people read?

A map of the United States titled "America's Favorite Food Chains" that claims to show the most popular chain restaurants in each state based on 2020 data from the "Public Information and Statistics Society" - which doesn't exist - was shared in a tweet by Barstool Sports.

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2020 12:58 AM

R15 That is map of where fast food places originated.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2020 1:08 AM

I can't even begin to tell you how much I just want to go off on a major tangent and start screaming at the OP who posted this bullshit. But because I'm medicated and haven't drank tonight, I won't.

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2020 1:21 AM

There are only three In-n-Out Burgers in Oregon, none of which are in the most populous city, Portland.

I understand that this map is a fake, but why did they make such a stupid fake?

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2020 5:56 AM

I'm from the "Culver's" state and I can attest that you won't find better Wisconsin Cheese Curds anyplace else ;-)

Seriously, I live here and I don't know what the hell they are, but everything else is good :)

by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2020 6:25 AM

R30. Just part of the continuing background noise of disinformation

by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2020 6:25 AM

They got Texas right.

I'm a native and we love Whataburger (pronounced Whutaburger)

by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2020 6:29 AM

Since when are sit-down restaurants with wait staff and table service considered fast food? They may be shitty but they're not fast food.

by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2020 6:45 AM

Bojangles in NC sounds right. Great biscuits and fries. IDK about the chicken.

There are smaller local biscuit place though. Biscuitville and Sunrise Kitchen are a couple examples. They use "real" ingredients and you can very much taste the difference.

by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2020 7:19 AM

Here is the 2017 map. It looks like Chick-Fuc-A has lost a lot of ground in three years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 24, 2020 7:22 AM

For Oklahoma, I would say either Braum’s, a hamburger chain based in OKC, or Sonic.

Whataburger and CFA are getting more popular, though.

by Anonymousreply 37November 24, 2020 7:54 AM

This is bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2020 8:06 AM

Hy-Vee, of course!

by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2020 8:30 AM

BTW, less all go to Burger deBurger Burg! I feel like havin’ me a coupla Grease Burgers with a side o’ shredded cow! -Another Thin, Attractive Vegan (Sorry, taken!)

by Anonymousreply 40November 24, 2020 8:36 AM

It's a prank from Barstool Sports.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2020 8:45 AM

Obviously a prank as many have mentioned above - but not a particularly funny one at all. Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 42November 24, 2020 9:24 AM

They only have Sbarro in malls or on freeway/interstate rest stops these days. They are one of those fast food brands that peaked in the late 90's/early 00's and faded into obscurity.

by Anonymousreply 43November 24, 2020 10:12 AM

There is no way Sbarro is #1 in NY. It is Dunkin Donuts.

by Anonymousreply 44November 24, 2020 10:50 AM

What r31 said about Culver's.

And their Vanilla Frozen Custard fresh from the mixer should be illegal to distribute, possess and ingest, it's that delicious and addicting.

by Anonymousreply 45November 24, 2020 11:01 AM

It is undisputed that Bojangles rules North Carolina

by Anonymousreply 46November 24, 2020 11:46 AM

Are you people nuts?!? R16 confirmed it was a prank post, and everyone is still commenting as if it's real.

by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2020 12:07 PM

The owner of Barstoolsports is David Portnoy. This idiot flew all the way to Youngstown, OH to do a video segment on Brier Hill pizza. I'm a Youngstown native, that's not Brier Hill. He's in the wrong city. That's not even a hill. He's in Struthers, Ohio. Yes, there was a pizza place there that was called Brier Hill Pizza, which is where he ordered from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 24, 2020 12:12 PM

I remember this making the rounds a few months ago, never knew it was a hoax by Barstool. They're the most homophobic, racist pieces of shit on the planet. Just dirtbags, every single person who works for them.

by Anonymousreply 49November 24, 2020 12:16 PM

^ I should add, he didn't even order an actual Brier Hill style pizza from this place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 24, 2020 12:21 PM

I have lived in NC my entire life. There is no way Bojangles does more business than Chick Fil A. Most of the day there is a line of cars surrounding Chick Fil A.

by Anonymousreply 51November 24, 2020 2:08 PM

Starbucks is about half of those, if it had been included.

Starbucks is just adult McDonald's, after all.

by Anonymousreply 52November 24, 2020 2:10 PM

I don't think Carl's Jr exists in Maryland or Delaware and there's no Outback in DC. Furthermore, Hardee's over Blake's in New Mexico?

Fat Whores, Suspect!

by Anonymousreply 53November 24, 2020 2:13 PM

Jollibee in Michigan? Really?

by Anonymousreply 54November 24, 2020 2:17 PM

Of course the Northeast would favor Italian food places LOL. I'm from Jersey. Not surprised about New England and Dunkin either. Nor surprised about fried chicken in the Deep South.

Stereotypes have nuggets of truth.

by Anonymousreply 55November 24, 2020 2:19 PM

Yeah bullshit. I grew up in and myy entire family remains in Michigan. I have never heard anyone ever talk about this Jollibees that is supposedly the most popular fast food resto in Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 56November 24, 2020 2:36 PM

Definitely Culver's in Wisconsin. Their Butter Burger is the best, also great custard and chili!

by Anonymousreply 57November 24, 2020 2:42 PM

Chick-fil-a May be more commercially popular in North Carolina, but Bojangles is the cultural and emotional King of North Carolina. It pervades state culture far beyond food. It’s a state icon.

by Anonymousreply 58November 24, 2020 2:55 PM

There are a lot of Denny's in SoCal - but In-n-Out is California's #1. Jack in the Box or Carl's Jr. is #2.

by Anonymousreply 59November 24, 2020 4:27 PM

How sad to see such important information misrepresented.

by Anonymousreply 60November 24, 2020 4:41 PM

So Kentucky chose Chik-fila over KFC. That is a diss to the Colonel for sure.

At least Louisiana went for Popeyes.

In and Out is #1 in California. But Dennys is casual dining not really fast food.

by Anonymousreply 61November 24, 2020 5:04 PM

I got confused when I saw that Denny's was big in California and not In-n-Out. My California cousins introduced me to In-n-Out when I was a teen, and it was da bomb!! People went crazy when it came to Arizona, lines hours long for months.

Also, In-n-Out in Iowa?

by Anonymousreply 62November 24, 2020 5:41 PM

[quote] I don't think Carl's Jr exists in Maryland or Delaware and there's no Outback in DC. Furthermore, Hardee's over Blake's in New Mexico?

Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s are the same restaurant. So Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s does exist in Maryland and Delaware.

by Anonymousreply 63November 24, 2020 8:40 PM

But if it exists in those states as Hardee's, then the name on the stupid fake map should read "Hardee's," not "Carl's Jr."

by Anonymousreply 64November 24, 2020 9:32 PM

On a side note, this map from the EU. Although from my travels, I still see more people in line at KFC than McDonald's. KFC is just amazing in Romania and tastes totally different and more like homemade than back home. Subways all over the EU actually taste like food but I don't go just because Europeans looooove their pickles so much that it smells like pickles...though they have a variety from cornichons to larger and brine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 24, 2020 11:02 PM

Who keeps posting clickbait shit on datalounge? Go back to Twitter

by Anonymousreply 66November 24, 2020 11:28 PM

Boston Market has 14 locations in Massachusetts. Dunkin Donuts has over 1,000 locations in Massachusetts.

by Anonymousreply 67November 25, 2020 1:33 AM

No way is the Olive Garden #1 in NJ. I don't think there are even that many around except on a highway here and there, especially considering each town - at least in the northern part of the state - has a ton of family-operated pizzerias and casual Italian eateries. Why go to a fake place when you can go literally a few blocks away to a Joey's or a Tony's?

Now if it said Dunkin Donuts or Burger King or even a Panera, I'd believe that.

by Anonymousreply 68November 25, 2020 1:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!