Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: All this and Staten Island too

Price reduced!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2020 2:44 AM

It's hideous, both outside and in.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 7:30 PM

I was surprised that some of the stuff wasn't half bad. I was expecting full on Guidette.

Something tells me the realtor edited the FUCK out of this place. Not that it's anything I would want - but it's not as awful as I expected.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2020 7:34 PM

If it's prime Staten Island property it must have, on the exterior, a minimum of 6 different building materials. Choose from among: red brick, yellow brick, Formstone, stucco, vinyl siding, aluminum siding, wrought iron, cedar shake, asphalt tile, masonite, mosaic tile, concrete, painted wood siding,and plaster.

Stone lions are a must.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 7:35 PM

I've always wanted to live on an island... ;-)

Where does one go to find so much shiny stuff? Do they buy Windex by the case?

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2020 7:49 PM

Two kitchens and a carpeted back yard, definitely EYE-talian. Carlotta really out-did herself here

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2020 7:53 PM

Odds are there is at least one peeing statue on the premises.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2020 7:56 PM

I thought it a bit much when Bourdain said he plunged into a 3 day depression after inspecting the hamburger he ordered at Heathrow, (it was grey) but these photos help one understand.

Horribly oppressive.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2020 8:09 PM

As Dolly Parton memorably said, "It costs a lot of money to look this cheap."

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2020 8:24 PM

And astroturf! And a slapped-on upper-story addition!

I could go on, but I had a seizure when that "paneling" downstairs triggered a memory of the rec room in my grandma's split-level house.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2020 8:26 PM

That's a whole lot of money for a relatively small tacky house in an overall tacky area; but someone must have liked it as property is in contract.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2020 8:27 PM

Pron goddess Vanessa del Rio lives on Staten Island. She works from home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2020 8:59 PM

We’ve seen far worse here. Astonishing that it’s 900k. Property taxes for more reasonable than LI or NJ.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2020 9:49 PM

It's Staten Island, so how do you get rid of all the MAGA germs in that abode?

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2020 9:56 PM

Welp. It has walls.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2020 10:40 PM

So apparently "Staten Island Trash" now describes more than just its residents.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 10:46 PM

This place is amazing!

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2020 11:00 PM

In 1964 when the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge between Brooklyn and Staten Island opened, islanders dubbed it "The Guinea Gangplank," referring to the Italians moving over from Bensonhurst, Dyker Heights, and Bay Ridge..

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2020 11:25 PM

Big Ang's place sold for about the same amount a couple of years ago but was much more fab.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2020 11:28 PM

Strangely, no residents come up associated with this address.

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2020 11:56 PM

R12

Everyone whose ever considered buying a home on SI, Brooklyn, Queens, or Bronx knows the drill; yes property taxes are lower than LI, Westchester, and NJ, but OTOH certain amenities such as public schools stink to suck.

So you live on SI and pay comparativily nothing in RE taxes, but unless you buy in a top K-5 district you'll be paying to send your kid(s) to private school. If middle school isn't that great then it's K-8 private.

Best public high school on SI is Staten Island Technical High School; but it requires high scoring on admissions exam. So if your kid doesn't make it into SITH or any of the other specialized high schools such as Stuyvesant, then it will be one of the regular high schools on SI or elsewhere.

This is why many parents just pack up and move to NJ from Staten Island. Yes, they will pay more in taxes, but they get good public schools and other amenities for their tax dollars.

It isn't just schools, but healthcare and lots of other things are often found wanting on Staten Island. Despite the place having three full service general hospitals, many residents either go to Manhattan or NJ for routine/non emergency care.

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2020 1:24 AM

Tompkins Circle is one of the few areas in Tompkinsville that certain people who otherwise wouldn't go north of the expressway will live.

That being said while the street is lovely and if your house faces east with clear views of harbor and Brooklyn that is great. OTOH there is *NOTHING* up there or even near. Meaning you'll have to drive to get anything from a gallon of milk to pizza. You can walk I suppose down to Victory Blvd, but that area is a hood.

Other issue is because you're on a hill the properties tend to have little to no back yards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2020 1:43 AM

Tompkins Circle is eastern boundary of Ward Hill area on SI, which is considered a very nice place to live.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2020 1:46 AM

I found it in 30 seconds R19. Their surname is Balsamo

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2020 1:56 AM

Walk around Ward Hill and New Brighton on SI...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2020 2:02 AM

There’s some sort of golden goat idol in the bathtub.

Is this Baal?

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2020 2:05 AM

R23

Just hope there isn't any connection to a certain Vito Balsamo of Staten Island....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2020 2:08 AM

The basement reminds me of King of Comedy.

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2020 2:10 AM

I’m pretty sure that rec room is where Tommy was shot in Goodfellas.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2020 2:11 AM

Typical 70s-80s middle class family house in the New York metro area. I can almost hear the Yule log on the tv Christmas morning. Big deal, nothing to see here.

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2020 2:22 AM

Stunning! I would love to have seen it in it’s original state. I wonder why they got rid of a bedroom and turned it into a two bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2020 2:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!