Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

šŸ¹ Pennsylvania Governor Temporarily Bans Alcohol Sales In PA Bars and Restaurants

Beginning Wednesday, November 25th @ 5:00 PM thru Thursday, November 26th @ 8:00 AM, [italic] No Drinks For You!

by Anonymousreply 118November 26, 2020 2:12 PM

The PA LT Governor is one butch otter daddy.

I want a taste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 6:53 PM

Whatever will the poor college students do? Their lives are ruined. How devastating !

Must hydrate ........

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2020 6:55 PM

Mandatory facemasks and no booze. What religion does this remind you of?

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 6:57 PM

This is fucking ridiculous.

What next? Prohibition???

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2020 7:00 PM

as a Philly resident I wondered what would happen. honestly, it is very very smart.

bars CLOG with customers the night before thanksgiving in philly, it might be the bikestop's best night of the entire year. the temptation is simply too great, I understand the mandate. drink at home for one night.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2020 7:02 PM

What will PhillyTop do? Can someone please checkup on her?

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2020 7:08 PM

I donā€™t understand the point of this.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2020 7:11 PM

Everytime Wolf and Levine announce new "restrictions," I'm left yelling "THAT'S IT?!" at my computer.

THAT'S IT?!?!

Close the fucking restaurants!

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2020 7:14 PM

R7, r5 sort of explains it. It does make sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2020 7:15 PM

[quote] The PA LT Governor is one butch otter daddy. I want a taste.

Are you kidding me? The guy looks like the MISSING LINK!!!

How did PA voters elect this guy? He looks like one of the Hillbilly characters straight out of the movie Deliverance!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2020 7:16 PM

The governor looks like he's standing next to a convict that he just pardoned.

But it's the Lt. Governor! DOH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2020 7:20 PM

Close the places

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2020 7:24 PM

R10 Our Lt Gov went to Harvard and has been getting international attention for standing up to Trump about our fair and democratic election results here in PA. Before that, he was a successful mayor. What have you done lately?

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2020 7:25 PM

Lt Governor looks like CAGEMEAT?

Oh, my mussy.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2020 7:30 PM

What's the point........ Are you freaking serious.

The night before Thanksgiving is one of the busiest nights of the year. And it has nothing to do with going out for burgers and fries and pizza.

But you already knew that, didn't you ?

Can you spell [italic] SUPERSPREADER EVENT ?

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 7:32 PM

šŸ˜ø Proud Pennsylvanian !

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2020 7:41 PM

A lot of restaurants in PA are BYOB anyway.

They have ridiculously restrictive liquor laws as-is.

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2020 7:45 PM

Many are but not most.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2020 8:04 PM

Why would the night before Thanksgiving be the busiest night. Thatā€™s so random.

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2020 8:08 PM

What will my alcoholic friends in PA do???

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2020 8:10 PM

There's no public health benefit to this.

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2020 8:11 PM

R3 lol.

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2020 8:12 PM

Of course there is, Troll at R21.

It's perfectly obvious why this is being done and the benefit that will be gotten from it.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2020 8:17 PM

Another ridiculous nanny state fiasco sponsored by the Democratic party.

Face it. People who want to get shit faced Wednesday night are going to get shit faced Wednesday night whether the good Governor of PA likes it or not. You can't prevent stupid, so why bother trying. Sure, they won't be in crowded bar rooms, but now they'll be in crowded apartments and crowded private homes.

All the party people and alkies will be lining up at the state stores all day tomorrow and Wednesday until 5PM, bet on it.

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2020 8:19 PM

Is this a Philly thing to go out to drink the night before Thanksgiving? Never heard of this in any other city.

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2020 8:19 PM

Bars and restaurants in PA are open for business every day of the week.

You can also buy beer and booze daily.

Sorry if that cramps your style.

IMHO, the bars and restaurants shouldn't open back up until Friday.

How badly do you want to go home for Christmas?

by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2020 8:21 PM

šŸ¤£ r19 .........

Go ask a college kid, Rip Van Winkle !

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2020 8:24 PM

[quote] Is this a Philly thing to go out to drink the night before Thanksgiving? Never heard of this in any other city.

It may be an "official" thing in Philadelphia, but I know that a lot of other people in other cities just do it because the next day is a holiday.

Thanksgiving is one of the few holidays where the majority of Americans are off the next day, so most people have fun on Wednesday night, because they can sleep in on Thursday.

The same goes for Christmas and New Year's. The only holidays where most people are off the next day.

by Anonymousreply 28November 23, 2020 8:24 PM

R23 It is not obvious. Please explain.

by Anonymousreply 29November 23, 2020 8:24 PM

I learned when I was at Princeton that going out to drink the night before Thanksgiving is an East Coast custom. It's a nice custom actually. This ban makes perfect sense-- although it is so complicated to by alcohol in PA I wonder how much of a deterrence it will be.

by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2020 11:35 PM

What's complicated about buying alcohol in PA?

You walk into the store, look around, make your selections, and pay at the checkout.

You can also purchase beer, wine, and cocktails at supermarkets, convenience stores, and beer distributors.

Not to mention, bars, restaurants, and clubs.

by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2020 12:13 AM

PA had a run on liquor stores the night they closed them for the first shutdown.

The people making prohibition references have a great point. This is morality policing.

by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2020 1:51 AM

The night before Thanksgiving is every bar's busiest night of the year. The day before Thanksgiving is every restaurant's busiest day of the year.

by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2020 1:53 AM

[quote]You can also purchase beer, wine, and cocktails at supermarkets, convenience stores, and beer distributors.

You cannot buy spirits at supermarkets or convenience stores, only state stores. Beer distributors do not sell wine or spirits.

by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2020 2:07 AM

R33 That's actually Mother's day, but I get your point.

by Anonymousreply 35November 24, 2020 2:09 AM

Also, supermarkets and convenience stores have to qualify to sell beer and wine by offering dining/seating for a certain number of patrons. No, a card table with a folding chair does not count.

by Anonymousreply 36November 24, 2020 2:11 AM

Pennsylvania is the worst when it comes to buying alcohol. That's probably why people go crazy in bars. It's because the state makes it very difficult to buy alcohol.

You have to go to those ridiculous state run warehouses, which are really out of the way.

Where I live, I can buy any type of alcohol in both grocery stores AND drug stores. Not to mention liquor stores. It's very easy to purchase.

It's almost like Pennsylvania is still run by Quakers, and they don't want anyone to drink, so they make it really difficult.

by Anonymousreply 37November 24, 2020 6:30 AM

Thankful I am clean and sober and havenā€™t had to worry about ā€œstocking upā€ during the pandemic. I keep thinking how much liquor I would have had to keep in the house and itā€™s such a relief that I donā€™t need that anymore.

by Anonymousreply 38November 24, 2020 6:34 AM

Ahh, those archaic "State Stores".

by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2020 6:39 AM

[quote] The day before Thanksgiving is every restaurant's busiest day of the year.

Thatā€™s not true at all. People are usually cooking at home the day before Thanksgiving. Itā€™s one of our deadest times in the restaurant industry.

by Anonymousreply 40November 24, 2020 7:20 AM

I think it really depends where you live, R40.

I suppose in Middle America everyone is at home cooking.

But in the large cities on both coasts, people are partying up!

Thanksgiving is different in NY & LA & Miami, than it is in Chicago or Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2020 7:42 AM

JPG is the vice governor of PA!

How high they rise!

by Anonymousreply 42November 24, 2020 7:50 AM

He may be governor of Pennsylvania but plainly he doesn't know the state's history. The FIRST challenge to the federal government was by Pennsylvanians outraged over interference in their whiskey drinking. President Washington personally led 12,000 troops in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 24, 2020 7:59 AM

Why not shut them down through Sunday? You know these assholes will just show up every other fucking night this week.

by Anonymousreply 44November 24, 2020 8:15 AM

Let me 'splain it to you olds. Young adults gathering on the night before Thanksgiving has become a HUGE tradition because it's one of the few times during the year when old friends (from high school) can be counted on to be in the same place at the same time--- home. It starts when they go to college and continues into young adulthood. Once they get into their thirties and start to have families of their own, the tradition dies out.

by Anonymousreply 45November 24, 2020 8:42 AM

^BTW, this new mandate hasn't stopped a super spreader event. It's just been moved to Friday.

by Anonymousreply 46November 24, 2020 8:48 AM

When did gays become so childish and gullible?

"Super spreader event"

by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2020 9:06 AM

Correction: It's Taco Bell's busiest day of the year, or was when I was 17 and working there.

r33

by Anonymousreply 48November 24, 2020 9:46 AM

Proud of my governor.

So many trolls in this thread!

by Anonymousreply 49November 24, 2020 10:39 AM

Good. Everyone should lose a little weight before Christmas then. The alcohol adds up in calories and many have been hitting it hard these last 9 months or so. Maybe itā€™s good to have everyone on the wagon for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 50November 24, 2020 10:43 AM

Let us explain it to you, r45. It was a "a HUGE tradition" when we were in college, too. Particularly freshman year. We hadn't seen each other in months; we couldn't WAIT to do the Stomp 'n' Squeal.

by Anonymousreply 51November 24, 2020 11:52 AM

I live in a NW PA town of approximately 90,000 people. We ha a total of TEN state stores in located throughout this town. I'd say that's rather convenient.

I have also purchased wine in a local Top's grocery store that does not have, and has never had a seating area.

If you operate a restaurant in PA on a Sunday, a certain percentage of sales must come from food in order to sell alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 52November 24, 2020 12:03 PM

Welcome to Covid 2020 - 2021.

This is your new life. Suck it up and cooperate.

Maybe it's a good time for some of you to either cut back or stop drinking.

Today, it's all about sacrifice and survival. You have to be a little less selfish to fully understand that.

by Anonymousreply 53November 24, 2020 12:08 PM

Lick those boots a little bit harder, R53, I think youā€™ve still got some saliva left.

by Anonymousreply 54November 24, 2020 12:10 PM

People are partying all over this country, as they've always been. Even the Amish are joining in the fun. Who needs a State Store when you can brew up a fresh batch in the barn.

by Anonymousreply 55November 24, 2020 12:17 PM

R54 šŸ˜‚ LMAO

by Anonymousreply 56November 24, 2020 12:30 PM

[quote]Face it. People who want to get shit faced Wednesday night are going to get shit faced Wednesday night whether the good Governor of PA likes it or not.

but they can do it at home, bunky

by Anonymousreply 57November 24, 2020 1:03 PM

[quote]It may be an "official" thing in Philadelphia, but I know that a lot of other people in other cities just do it because the next day is a holiday.

culturally, being a transplant myself, I think philly is a city that many fled. but once a year they have to come back to visit mom/dad/aunt Rosa. They actually may hate philly and their family, so why not drown your misery and stress in one or twelve drinks the night before you have to face your folks the next day? at least that is my philly-centric impression. I'd go to a bar on wednesday night and see guys I'd never seen in philly before but clearly where from the city and were DRUNK!

by Anonymousreply 58November 24, 2020 1:06 PM

So the mandate is clarified. no restaurant can serve liquor after five on wednesday, but you can get a to-go "walk tail". so drunks can drink simply standing on the stoop if they want.

by Anonymousreply 59November 24, 2020 1:07 PM

The state store troll is exaggerating quite a bit. You can buy beer and wine in some large grocery stores and some small shops with seating. You can also purchase 6 packs to go in bars. I've never lived inconveniently far from a state store, and I've lived in large cities and small towns. The biggest hassle is that there's no place to buy beer, wine and spirits all at once. It is an archaic system, but the Republican-controlled and rurally-dominated state legislature won't change it. Blame conservatives, not Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 60November 24, 2020 1:19 PM

R54, whose boots do you imagine he's licking? Serious question. What does that comment even mean?

The death toll is skyrocketing and more people are hospitalized right now with Covid than ever before. Taking precautions for public health is basic human decency. Where did we lose sight of that? Why is drinking outside of your home more important than someone else's life?

by Anonymousreply 61November 24, 2020 1:22 PM

[quote] It is an archaic system, but the Republican-controlled and rurally-dominated state legislature won't change it. Blame conservatives, not Pennsylvania.

to his credit, Wolf has done a lot to bend, stretch and ameliorate the existing laws so you CAN buy beer by the six pack and you CAN go to a grocer to get it - add to that chairman's election on wines that they MUST sell and the system works pretty well. if the Health Comish wants to limit alcohol on one day this year, I'm totally fine with that

by Anonymousreply 62November 24, 2020 1:37 PM

What the hell is a state store?

by Anonymousreply 63November 24, 2020 8:36 PM

It's a big, stupid warehouse R63.

Dumb hillbilly Pennsylvanians have to go into a huge Costco style warehouse to buy beer.

How fitting, considering that they're basically Pennsyltucky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 24, 2020 8:42 PM

So itā€™s not like the rest of the world where you can buy beer anywhere? You have to go to a special warehouse? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 65November 24, 2020 8:44 PM

Some random thoughts from a longtime (but not native) Philly resident. Wednesday night in the bars (all the bars, straight and gay) before Thanksgiving is indeed a big thing, with people crowding inside. News Years Day isn't so busy. Having said that, Philadelphia bars have been and remain closed anyway. But this is a smart move.

As to the state stores, I give Wolf a lot of credit for figuring out a somewhat more relaxed way to make beer and wine available in supermarkets. And as an urban resident, I don't want a little corner liquor store every few feet on my commercial streets anyway. The fundy conservative state reps have had an unholy alliance with the state store employees union to stop private liquor stores, however, so don't leave out the union in your blame or credit. And the state needs the income, too.

As to Fetterman, he is a brilliant man who I hope becomes our next governor. Don't let his looks fool you. He is as smart as they come, and if anyone can get recreational marijuana approved in this backward state, he will be able to.

by Anonymousreply 66November 24, 2020 8:54 PM

The night before Thanksgiving being a big drinking night at the bars and clubs is nothing new and not limited to Pennsylvania. This Onion satire turns 12 this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 24, 2020 9:25 PM

State Stores are a holdover from the repeal of Prohibition.

by Anonymousreply 68November 24, 2020 9:27 PM

R68, yes, and r67, YES. Totally sums it all up. ā€œOh, is that that guy I hooked up with once in a bathhouse who fought moved away? I see heā€™s back (for the weekend)ā€

by Anonymousreply 69November 24, 2020 10:13 PM

Just over a year ago, I retired after a long career in healthcare. Fortunately for myself, I missed The Corona explosion.

I'm pleased and proud Gov. Wolfe has the balls to take the necessary steps to save the lives of Pennsylvanians. He's fearless, he's awesome, he's a caring human being. America needs more governors like him.

by Anonymousreply 70November 24, 2020 10:40 PM

When's the last time you DL critics set foot in a PA State Store? Judging from your remarks, I assume it's been a very, very long time.

They are now called Fine Wine & Spirit Stores, and they are fabulous supermarkets with a great selection of products.

And, lest you forget, PA played an important role in saving your asses from four more years of wrath and ruin from Trump and Company.

You're Welcome.

šŸ¦ƒ Stop whining about my state and have a Happy Thanksgiving, DataLounge !

by Anonymousreply 71November 24, 2020 10:49 PM

Gobble Gobble, Pennsyltucky!!!

You gave us Trump in the first place, back in 2016.

So go fuck yourselves!!!

by Anonymousreply 72November 24, 2020 11:42 PM

So you canā€™t buy wine at a regular supermarket or corner store?

by Anonymousreply 73November 25, 2020 12:03 AM

Yes, you CAN buy wine, and also beer in supermarkets and convenience stores in PA.

by Anonymousreply 74November 25, 2020 12:13 AM

You sir, r72, are no gentleman.

You're a Bad Boy !

by Anonymousreply 75November 25, 2020 12:17 AM

John Fetterman is a very nice guy and a smart one.

He is a bit unusual looking - 6 ft 8 and he lost a large amount of weight so he has that baggy look about him.

by Anonymousreply 76November 25, 2020 12:23 AM

[quote]Young adults gathering on the night before Thanksgiving has become a HUGE tradition because it's one of the few times during the year when old friends (from high school) can be counted on to be in the same place at the same time--- home. It starts when they go to college and continues into young adulthood.

It's almost entirely college students and young 20-somethings that are super-spreading Covid across the whole fucking country, so it makes sense to stop them from congregating where you know they're going to go.

by Anonymousreply 77November 25, 2020 12:32 AM

[quote]Gobble Gobble, Pennsyltucky!!! You gave us Trump in the first place, back in 2016. So go fuck yourselves!!!

Yeah, and we took him away in 2020. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 78November 25, 2020 12:33 AM

ā¤ļø Pennsylvania also gave us the Philly Cheesesteak Sub and Smith's Hot Dogs.

by Anonymousreply 79November 25, 2020 12:38 AM

This is a smart move - Wed night before Thanksgiving is one of the most packed bar nights of the year.

They'll survive one night. What a bunch of cry babies.

by Anonymousreply 80November 25, 2020 12:40 AM

[quote] Yeah, and we took him away in 2020. You're welcome.

I wouldn't be too proud of myself if I were you, R78.

Just look at all the fucking damage he did in the past four years.

Your stupid fucking state is partly responsible for that, and you bear the burden for where we're at today.

by Anonymousreply 81November 25, 2020 12:44 AM

[quote]What the hell is a state store?

It's one of these stores that can be found in most neighborhoods where you buy wine and liquor in PA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82November 25, 2020 12:53 AM

The parents of Penn State College students will nominate Gov. Wolfe for Sainthood.

by Anonymousreply 83November 25, 2020 12:53 AM

[quote]You gave us Trump in the first place, back in 2016.

and we gave you biden this year, so fuck right off, cunty

by Anonymousreply 84November 25, 2020 2:43 AM

So gov Wolf really thinks all these kids won't just move the party to Friday? LOL. So naive.

by Anonymousreply 85November 25, 2020 6:54 AM

I live right near the OH/PA border. It was a nightmare last time they went into lockdown with the bars and liquor stores earlier this year. People from PA were coming over here and wiping out the liquor stores. I've never seen anything like this, the shelves were almost entirely empty. Many had to start requiring some proof that you were an Ohio resident in order to purchase any.

It's not just "college kids" either, it was primarily older people buying entire shopping carts full of liquor.

by Anonymousreply 86November 25, 2020 7:48 AM

[quote] I live right near the OH/PA border. It was a nightmare last time they went into lockdown with the bars and liquor stores earlier this year. People from PA were coming over here and wiping out the liquor stores.

Now that you mention it, can't Philadelphians just drive over to New Jersey or Delaware bars, if they want to party on Wednesday night?

by Anonymousreply 87November 25, 2020 9:45 AM

[quote]It's not just "college kids" either, it was primarily older people buying entire shopping carts full of liquor.

The older people were hoarding liquor to drink at home alone. Itā€™s the college kids who are going to bars and having big super spreading parties.

by Anonymousreply 88November 25, 2020 11:30 AM

R86, you poor dears, talk to the folks in Jersey and Delaware.

by Anonymousreply 89November 25, 2020 12:09 PM

R85, they can, but Wednesday is the tradition

by Anonymousreply 90November 25, 2020 12:10 PM

Sure, let's add drunk driving across state lines to the mix.

No one in Philly wants to go to a bar in Jersey or Delaware, trust me.

by Anonymousreply 91November 25, 2020 12:27 PM

R86, that's because ya gotta stay drunk to live in Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 92November 25, 2020 12:27 PM

but they will go to the liquor stores there

by Anonymousreply 93November 25, 2020 12:31 PM

[quote] Sure, let's add drunk driving across state lines to the mix.

Well they wouldn't have to drive drunk across state lines, if the fucking bars in PA just STAYED OPEN on Wednesday night, now would they?

by Anonymousreply 94November 25, 2020 1:49 PM

The liquor stores in PA are open at their usual times. Itā€™s bars and restaurants that arenā€™t allowed to sell it Wednesday night.

by Anonymousreply 95November 25, 2020 1:59 PM

R40, the bars are usually jam packed that day though. It's been like that ever since I turned 21 back in the mid 90's. When I waited tables back then, if we had to work on that day, as soon as we got off our shift we would head straight to the bars. Same goes for Christmas evening, all the gay bars where I live are packed.

by Anonymousreply 96November 25, 2020 2:06 PM

People will always find a way to get alcohol and drugs if they want them bad enough.

We're talking about closing down overcrowded bars to curb the spread of a deadly virus. That's it.

Why is this so hard to understand?

by Anonymousreply 97November 25, 2020 3:19 PM

Remember the good old days, when people crossed state lines just to get a cheaper price on gasoline?

by Anonymousreply 98November 25, 2020 3:24 PM

Get real ......... Wolf isn't delusional or naive regarding alcohol consumption among seasoned imbibers. He's well aware that dumb asses will continue with their dumb ass behavior and get shit faced on Wednesday night. He's just preventing them from packing into numerous bars a hundred or more at a time and spreading the Corona at an even faster rate than it currently is.

It's called a common sense approach.

by Anonymousreply 99November 25, 2020 3:34 PM

R94, are you an alcoholic? They can also STAY THE FUCK HOME.

by Anonymousreply 100November 25, 2020 4:26 PM

"He's just preventing them from packing into numerous bars a hundred or more at a time and spreading the Corona at an even faster rate than it currently is.

It's called a common sense approach."

It's not common sense, cause now everyone will be crowding into dorm rooms, apartments, private houses, basements, etc. instead of bars. The COVID virus is rather gregarious and likes to hang around many different places, not just bars and pubs.

by Anonymousreply 101November 25, 2020 5:11 PM

[quote]It's not common sense, cause now everyone will be crowding into dorm rooms, apartments, private houses, basements, etc. instead of bars.

So? Those are private places. People acting so recklessly should not be coddled and enabled. Let them crowd their own homes and infect one another.

by Anonymousreply 102November 25, 2020 5:32 PM

[quote]It's not common sense, cause now everyone will be crowding into dorm rooms,

oh, DEAR

but things happen in those places all the time anyway and legally nothing can be done about it. restaurants CAN be closed, or not permitted to sell alcohol, it might be too little, but it isn't nothing.

by Anonymousreply 103November 25, 2020 6:52 PM

R97, I should have been more clear. Some people earlier in this thread didn't seem to know that the day before Thanksgiving is one of the biggest drinking days of the year. I didn't mean to imply was opposed to PA's temporary ban, it makes perfect sense imo. I was just pointing out that bars are traditionally packed on that day, long before COVID came into the picture.

The day before Thanksgiving, much like St. Patrick's day and other "drinking" holidays are among the stupidest times to drink and drive, or even be out on the roads at all. You're just asking to get pulled over and get a DUI.

by Anonymousreply 104November 25, 2020 7:29 PM

I wonder how many otherwise hung over drinkers will wake up sober tomorrow, and actually enjoy the feeling?

by Anonymousreply 105November 26, 2020 1:47 AM

I have never understood the desire to drink excessively the night before Thanksgiving. Itā€™s got to be awful to spend the whole holiday hung over.

by Anonymousreply 106November 26, 2020 10:06 AM

Lots of dry alkies posting here!

by Anonymousreply 107November 26, 2020 10:50 AM

Rofl R107.

I agree.

They're so bitter that they can't drink.

by Anonymousreply 108November 26, 2020 11:01 AM

The only people bitter are the ones that can't go one evening without spending hours in a bar.

I stayed home last night and got quite tipsy, so I'm not a dry anything.

by Anonymousreply 109November 26, 2020 12:29 PM

Well, my lovelies, it's all over now...........

Feel free to šŸ— eat, šŸŗ drink excessively, and make an ass out of yourself.

Happy Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 110November 26, 2020 12:56 PM

A big nothing, friends and I brought a bottle of wine and sat outside a restaurant and drank it yesterday. It was barely a blip in the system

by Anonymousreply 111November 26, 2020 1:18 PM

People like R26 are such idiots. "Listen, murderers and gonna murder and you can't do anything to stop them, so why try? Why make seat belts mandatory? Some percentage of people won't use them so what's the point? Why require meat inspections and restaurant inspections? Some percentage of the inspectors will by bribed to look the other way, so what's the point?"

Fucking dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 112November 26, 2020 1:23 PM

Elderly people have been amongst the worst in this viral pandemic. Let that sink in. Yes, that token getting drunk the day before Thanksgiving is over now, pay attention to all the tRumpster seniors who are spreading COVID right now.

by Anonymousreply 113November 26, 2020 1:25 PM

Shoot them on sight, R113!

by Anonymousreply 114November 26, 2020 1:26 PM

R114, Please do! They don't give a shit about you catching an unprecedented virus. They didn't even care about HIV when that hit.

by Anonymousreply 115November 26, 2020 1:41 PM

Today, I only care about the turkey dinner.

by Anonymousreply 116November 26, 2020 1:43 PM

PA loves scrapple with their turkey

by Anonymousreply 117November 26, 2020 1:50 PM

They'll be a lot of people eating scrapple today because they have don't have a turkey, and very little else of anything else.

Thanks you, Outgoing President Donald Trump. May you choke on a wishbone.

by Anonymousreply 118November 26, 2020 2:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!