Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Remember that to Trump the election is no different than a zoning board

If media coverage has you screaming MARY!!! this week, remember that Trump has zero respect for the office of the presidency and to him, losing the election is like having the local zoning board tell him he can't build a hotel on the property he just bought.

Meaning he will go to any extreme necessary to get the zoning board to overturn their decision because it's just a zoning board and sometimes fear and intimidation can get Trump what he wants, ditto filing hundreds of lawsuits that they are in no position to defend.

Fortunately the Federal election system is not a local zoning board, but remember that Trump is too dumb to realize that or have any sort of Grand Scheme in place beyond using any means necessary to win, he has not thought through what would happen if he did win, he has not thought through the negative impact claiming "elections are rigged" has on voter turnout among his base during the Georgia runoffs and beyond, or on the election system in general.

At some point he will declare that disloyal Republican judges (possibly even disloyal Republican Supreme Court justices) and incompetent Republican politicians cost him the election that he really won, fly off to Mar A Lago and continue raising money for 2024, because he's figured out he can raise millions from the winged monkeys this way and never have to return a dime of it.

Happy Thanksgiving

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 3:50 PM

Hello OP, you make sense. I worked for an engineering / development firm in Hudson Valley during the early 2000s. My colleagues would tell me about how Trump would respond to denials from local planning boards and zoning boards in the manner you describe in your second paragraph.

I would suggest that he's going to fly off to Mar A Lago a week before the election and just abandon the White House. I think he'll continue raising money to fund his own development projects, but the money will be donations funneled through his campaign.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 3:24 PM

That sounds correct R1

Remember that Trump Steaks and Trump University et al were just him trying to capitalize on the fame he garnered from "The Apprentice"

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2020 3:35 PM

Whoops! I am R1, and I made a mistake. I meant to say, "...he's going to fly off to Mar A Lago a week before the inauguration and just abandon the White House."

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 3:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!