Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which Friends star was the least talented on the show?

I'm trying a pair of most and least talented polls here. In your opinion, which Friends star brought the least to the series, in terms of comedy and character?

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2020 5:06 PM

Helen Hunt

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 1:42 PM

I am going to say Lisa when it comes to acting talent overall.

Unpopular opinion, since the show is not well thought of here, but I thought the cast worked well as an ensemble, and each actor knew their character and they worked well together.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2020 2:02 PM

ALL OF THE ABOVE

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2020 2:05 PM

Courteney.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2020 2:08 PM

Kudrow got annoying and shrill quickly.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2020 2:09 PM

LeBlanc.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2020 2:53 PM

David Schwimmer. He’s unattractive and dull as dishwater

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2020 2:56 PM

That’s literally like asking which type of shit smells the worst. I have seen better acting in community theater.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2020 5:58 PM

Courteney Cox. Monica could have literally been played by any other semi competent b or c list actress. There was nothing particularly memorable or unique about her performance.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2020 6:00 PM

Agree with r9. She was sort of the straight man, comedy wise

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2020 6:01 PM

Jennifer Aniston

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2020 6:17 PM

They were all talented comedians, although after the first season David Schwimmer was unable to make Ross likeable.

I always thought Courtney Cox was the weakest link in the chain, but if you re-watch any episode where Monica is being competitive, or uptight about cleanliness and order, she's actually excellent.

Lisa Kudrow was the funniest talent, but I still hold that Phoebe was the least funny of the six characters.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2020 6:19 PM

Leblanc, when the show centred more on him in the later seasons it was weaker and then the spin-off was just a total failure. As one of the writers put it Joey reacts to problems, when he causes problems it doesn't work and I think that's partially because LeBlanc is a weak actor.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2020 6:46 PM

[quote]Courteney Cox. Monica could have literally been played by any other semi competent b or c list actress. There was nothing particularly memorable or unique about her performance.

I think Cox actually showed more talent on "Cougar Town." There is was nutty and intrusive but still likeable.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2020 6:47 PM

Cox also played her part in the Scream movies very well, her character was one of the highlights over bland Sidney and dipshit Dewey.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 6:58 PM

Poor Schwimmer, I think his work deserves more love here

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2020 12:58 PM

R16 - and he has fabulous hair.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2020 2:18 PM

That’s really hard to say. They were all pretty much just playing themselves after the first few seasons.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2020 2:39 PM

The show was dreadful from day one and just kept getting worse and worse. It's one of the reasons so-called "Cancel Culture" needed to happen.

by Anonymousreply 19November 25, 2020 2:16 AM

[quote]The show was dreadful from day one and just kept getting worse and worse. It's one of the reasons so-called "Cancel Culture" needed to happen.

Get a life. Perhaps overrated, but it was just entertainment. So it's dated, so is "Lucy," but I suppose you hate that too. It was so sexist!

by Anonymousreply 20November 25, 2020 3:31 PM

R20: That analogy falls apart faster than a Yugo at the Indy 500. [italic]I Love Lucy[/italic] played better in 1954 than this dreadful show did in 1994. Hell, Lucy played better in 1994 when it was on Nick at Nite. And it still plays better today. It has stood the same test of time that this show and other irritating 90s fads have failed. Vivian Vance died more 40 years ago and she’s still a DL punchline. She gets more mileage dead than any of these deadbeats do alive.

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2020 5:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!