Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which Friends star was the most talented on the show?

I'm trying a pair of most and least talented polls here. In your opinion, which Friends star brought the most to the series, in terms of comedy and character?

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2020 3:02 AM

Le Blanc vastly underrated for comic invention.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2020 2:08 PM

surprised by the Kudrow landslide here. It always felt to me like exaggerated Teri Garr schtick, turned up to a grating level. My vote is for Perry and Le Blanc

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2020 12:57 PM

I watched it every week (I think) in its original run, but haven't really given it much thought over the years, other than catching a random episode now and then. Now that it's on HBO Max, I have been watching some episodes and a lot really holds up. I don't really care about revisiting the Ross/Rachel crap, but it has been interesting to watch. Matthew Perry's face and body seems to change from season to season. Matt LeBlanc's weight fluctuates some too. I never really thought much about him back in the day, but he was a hot daddy on Episodes and there are some seasons of Friends where I've rediscovered how hot he was then, too.

I know that Jennifer Aniston is reviled on DL, but I have always liked her, and she was great as Rachel. I've liked her in everything I've seen her in.

Friends also did great casting the parents--Eliott Gould, Brenda Vaccarro, Marlo Thomas, Morgan Fairchild, etc. Kathleen Turner playing Chandler's FATHER would never go over today. I do wish they had made his dad an actual gay MAN.

The show also did guest stars better than most. The Brad Pitt and the Christina Applegate episodes were fantastic. Last night I watched some of the Teri Garr episodes. You could tell they were shooting around the mobility problems she was beginning to have because of her MS.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2020 1:48 PM

Never seen it, but I voted for Kudrow on the basis of her work as Valerie Cherish.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2020 1:51 PM

Valerie Cherish is one of the greatest characters in television....but Phoebe Buffay annoyed the crap out of me sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2020 3:51 PM

The problem with Jennifer Aniston is that she plays the same character no matter what movie/show she’s in. She has no range whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2020 3:56 PM

I think Perry is honestly a funny guy in real life with good timing so I think he nearly plays himself as Chandler. Kudrow brought the most unique character and talent. Matt I think plays his character really well and people don't notice because he makes it look easy and natural. Jen, Courteney and David have good comic moments, they are good in their characters, but nothing jaw dropping.

by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2020 2:17 AM

I agree r7 that people underestimate Le Blanc

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2020 3:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!