Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Monday morning awaits, another 😱fabulous 🥺 day of online work.

It's midnight in Europe and I think I need a melatonin or a whisky. Or a sleeping pill.

I'm thankful for the salary, like many of you must be. I like my job and it's very social. Technology is miraculous in that everything hasn't collapsed yet many of us are not going to face-to-face work. We are all making the best of it.

But this life is surreal and trying. Also. I'm wiped out after 4 hours online and tomorrow is going to be 9.

How are you doing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2020 12:50 AM

You brought up a good point about the technology. If this pandemic had hit 20 years ago people would not have had the option of working from home. Good thing Al Gore invented the internet!

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2020 11:15 PM

I've found it harder to be motivated to do work now that it's all from home. I put off assignments until the last possible minute, miss deadlines, etc. I procrastinate in a way that I never did when work was in person.

I hope the vaccine is readily available by summer. I can't take another year of this.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2020 11:16 PM

Aren't we all getting vaccinated this spring? Bill Gates (who made him a medical science expert by the way?) says we are. Also that Minnesota prof who has the podcast - someone on DL recommended him the other day. He said we'll get it in the spring and Summer will be OK. Let's hope so.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2020 11:20 PM

I get it...I'm burned out myself. And there are just so many other temptations at home. Mind you, I have no desire to go back to an office either. There's also the fact that you have things to look forward to in normal times that require income, like vacations, events, etc. If all you do is stay home then what rewards are there, besides not being evicted? One can only do so much online shopping.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2020 11:23 PM

[quote]Bill Gates (who made him a medical science expert by the way?)

Seriously? Bill Gates has been involved in global health issues for decades, especially in infectious diseases, including AIDS.

Check out the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2020 12:26 AM

I retire in just six months. I’m completely checked out already and am just phoning it in (literally!). I can’t imagine having years left to go and having to return to a “normal” work environment anytime in the future.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2020 12:32 AM

I actually am loving the work from home situation. But I do understand how monotonous it can be sometimes. I came across an interesting interview with famous 60s U.K. model Jean Shrimpton a few years ago in which she talked about the banality of modern life, no doubt made worse in these Covid times:

Jean Shrimpton Interview Excerpt:

Shrimpton has ­herself admitted she is “a melancholy soul”. “I’m not sure contentment is obtainable,” she confided to one interviewer recently, “and I find the banality of modern life terrifying. I sometimes feel I’m damaged goods.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2020 12:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!