Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Death to the 2015 Troll!

I used to think he was trapped in some kind of kink in the space-time continuum, and he was crying out for help in the only way he could. (Sort of like Interstellar.) Now, I think he’s just an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 43May 8, 2021 5:29 PM

Why do bumps bother people so much? I like them.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2020 8:02 PM

[quote]Why do bumps bother people so much? I like them.

Because they remind us how much better thread topics used to be on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2020 8:10 PM

This is stupid. I don't know who this troll is meant to be, but I myself have bumped I think two threads from 2015 and immediately a poster has posted how I must be a troll.

The fact is, you would complain endlessly if I had started a new thread when one already existed. Your first comment would be: "WE ALREADY HAVE A THREAD ON THIS!" However, if someone bumps an old thread: "WHY ARE YOU BUMPING OLD THREADS, YOU MUST BE A TROLL!" No one can do the right thing with you, because you WANT to be miserable. Just admit it. You get off on complaining.

The only troll here is the "why are you bumping old threads" troll, as far as I can see.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2020 8:27 PM

I like them. I've been here for 20 years, sometimes posting, sometimes not. I don't have any social media, so I like these random reminders of stuff I posted, and the wittiness of posters past.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2020 8:35 PM

You're confusing a 2015 thread with MULTIPLE short bumping posts that are designed to bury bad news Trump stories. It is a troll technique by design. Of course that cunt is still here, and op and posters 1-3 could be him. Sorry if you've been confused for him, but don't pretend like it's just pointless bitchery.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2020 8:40 PM

Sounds like paranoia to me.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2020 8:45 PM

It's someone who posted a thread called "Goodbye for now, DL" a while ago, "defecto" was the handle I believe. It's responsible for the last 8 or 9 2015 threads being bumped. Guess it's back with a vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2020 8:50 PM

Bumping a occasional thread is fine. Bumping a dozen at a time, all from 2015, many about the 2016 primaries, is malicious.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2020 9:00 PM

r5 = world famous troll hunter and basement dweller.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2020 9:15 PM

R8 is right. Be artful about it, bump good threads.

Personally I don't care to root around DL's basement for the pickles among the dirty laundry and cardboard boxes. But, whatevs.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2020 9:36 PM

r6, Sounds like forum sliding to me. “Forum Sliding” . If a very sensitive posting of a critical nature has been posted on a forum, it can be quickly removed from public view by “forum sliding.” This maneuver brings unrelated postings to the top of the forum, and the critical posting “slides” down the front page — out of public view. [Ed.: By“sensitive posting of a critical nature”, the author refers to comments that include facts that interfere with the false narrative being promoted.]

In this technique a number of harmless posts are quietly pre-positioned on the forum and allowed to “age.” This is done in anticipation of troublesome postings. Each of these misdirectional forum postings can then be called upon to trigger a “forum slide.”

Several fake accounts should be ready when called upon. To trigger a “forum slide” and “flush” the critical post out of public view, it is simply a matter of logging into each account, both real and fake, and then ”replying” to pre-positioned postings with a simple one- or two-line comment.

Although it is difficult or impossible to censor the unwanted posting, it is now lost in a sea of unrelated and useless postings. This effectively focuses the attention of forum readers on non-issue items.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2020 9:42 PM

r9. Don't forget the 6 cats.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2020 9:44 PM

I think it's funny that people are now claiming it's ok to bump threads but on the condition that they have to be good ones. I've bumped a couple when they are interesting topics and new information is out to add to the conversation and they have nothing to do with primaries, and I have still been accused of being a troll. As said above, some people just want to whinge about everything, and in addition they want to be able to lecture everyone else on the "right" way to behave. And so the goalposts continually shift. It's all wrong - no, it's sometimes ok, but only in these situations - what, it was in that situation? It's still wrong somehow.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2020 9:47 PM

The year 2021 is approaching, I believe the fat troll has moved on to bumping 2016 threads.

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2020 9:49 PM

[quote] The year 2021 is approaching, I believe the fat troll has moved on to bumping 2016 threads.

I doubt it. He only posts threads before his orange god was revealed to the general public to be such an incompetent boob. He wants to return the board to a time when the possibility was not let down by the actuality.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2020 9:51 PM

Bump because the 2015 troll is at it again.

by Anonymousreply 16November 27, 2020 8:46 PM

I hate when I get tricked by the 2015 troll.

by Anonymousreply 17November 27, 2020 8:55 PM

Do any of the bumped threads take off again? If so, I've missed them.

by Anonymousreply 18November 27, 2020 9:48 PM

Defacto is bumping troll threads from 2015, that's part of the problem. Frequently he bumps things that got zero replies or only got one reply because they were obviously trolls, and DLers were better at sniffing out trolls back then than they are now, so a lot of people get tricked. Then they double down and say there is no bump troll or they love bumped threads or whatever, just to try to save face. It's the dumbest damn thing.

He's also bumped fake news threads, hoaxes, and old political news that people don't realize is old, so they get all worked up for another 50-100 posts about it.

by Anonymousreply 19November 27, 2020 9:54 PM

Pretty sure I have the cunt blocked, but regardless, I'll see the bumped threads, is that right?

Muriel?

by Anonymousreply 20November 27, 2020 9:56 PM

I remember when he used to bump threads from 2006, I think probably the oldest threads he could find in the archives. Then he went on a rampage and bumped nothing but NPH threads in 2014. He's been doing this for YEARS. If mods haven't stopped it by now, they're not going to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 27, 2020 9:56 PM

Posts from 2015 don't even show up in a regular forum search, you have to do a separate Google search to even find them

I don't understand bumping a thread that is over 5 years old....just start a different thread on the same topic

by Anonymousreply 22November 27, 2020 10:01 PM

[quote]I don't understand bumping a thread that is over 5 years old....just start a different thread on the same topic

I imagine it's because anyone who does gets a whole lot of people yelling at them about starting a new thread when one already exists.

Honestly, the person constantly turning up on threads complaining about the 2015 troll is a hell of a lot more disruptive than the actual whoever it is bumping old threads, that's the irony.

by Anonymousreply 23November 28, 2020 2:20 AM

[quote]It's someone who posted a thread called "Goodbye for now, DL"

That was the guy with the irish homeless boyfriend who was stealing medication and amazon packages etc who is most likely in jail right now.

by Anonymousreply 24November 28, 2020 2:33 AM

Bump because the 2015 troll did it again.

by Anonymousreply 25December 3, 2020 6:03 PM

Then you're doing his job for him, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 26December 3, 2020 6:06 PM

^ You're the 2015 troll. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 27December 3, 2020 6:08 PM

R27, You're the troll trying to accuse others of being the troll for calling you out on being the troll, troll. I didn't know they had Wi-Fi in the hall of the mountain king, Peer Gynt!

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2020 6:10 PM

Defacto and the Hoboken package thief are two different people, R24.

But if HPT is in jail now, that's a shame, since he was going to start a non-profit, graduate from medical school, and then go into politics to join the Squad.

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2020 6:15 PM

This is a one man trolling operation. It's a troll performing Forum Sliding but I've never noticed what offending thread is being slid down. It could be a topic that nobody could anticipate. A pet peeve of this troll. Something so triggering he spends a lot of time sliding it away. I do not picture an employed person. Rather someone with OCD and very isolated. He (or she) is a sinister presence.

by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2020 6:15 PM

How about a death to the 'Death to the 2015 Troll' troll thread?

by Anonymousreply 31December 3, 2020 11:43 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 32December 20, 2020 3:49 PM

I’ve become a notorious troll with a single post?

Impressive.

by Anonymousreply 33December 20, 2020 8:23 PM

Re-bump. DeFecto is at it again today, for obvious reasons - it wants to bury the news about its treasonous fascist Leader.

Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 34January 4, 2021 5:53 PM

The 2015 troll has now evolved into the 2016 troll.

by Anonymousreply 35January 21, 2021 8:04 PM

I thought it was that lunatic, Matt, who was always trying to derail DL. He used to spam shit over and over filling up pages.

by Anonymousreply 36January 21, 2021 8:40 PM

Love you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 37January 21, 2021 9:02 PM

I think it would kill the bumped threads if DL posted the date that the thread was started instead of the time of the last post on the recent threads page. I have commented on a thread I wouldn't have if I had realized it was 5 years old. Of course if I would just learn to look at date after I click on a thread but I just never seem to do that.

by Anonymousreply 38January 22, 2021 1:45 AM

The DL could also lock threads after a year, so that the now 2016 troll couldn't bump it.

by Anonymousreply 39January 22, 2021 1:54 AM

The 2015 bump troll is back to bumping 2015 threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 29, 2021 6:18 AM

Again!

by Anonymousreply 41April 22, 2021 10:20 PM

What a loon! Did something happen to them in 2015 that triggers this weird preoccupation with that year?

by Anonymousreply 42April 22, 2021 10:43 PM

I really do wish that Muriel would just lock all threads after a year so the 2015 bump troll can eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 43May 8, 2021 5:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!