Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you have any Bose Wave Music System with CD Player? How to you like it? Positives and negatives?

I'm thinking of buying one and any info would help. I have so many cds and that and sound quality are the main reasons for wanting one. Thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2020 10:24 PM

Rush Limbaugh promoted these for years, maybe he still does. If I had one I'd toss it with "My Pillow"

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2020 7:04 PM

Oh no r1, I love Bose

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2020 7:07 PM

I had a Bose speaker...it was shit.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2020 7:09 PM

I bought one a very long time ago and returned it.

Minuses: The purported great bass sound wasn't that great. Arguably, this is a glorified clock radio.

Pluses: The radio function is awesome. It was pulling in strong a normally weak signal to the University radio station that I really liked.

Try Tivoli.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2020 7:11 PM

What is a CD?

Is that some sex hangup or proclamation of fairynaryhood?

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2020 7:12 PM

How many CDs does it hold? 500?

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2020 7:13 PM

I don’t have a CD anything anymore. I have my BR player that’ll play CDs and my computer. They’ve pretty much gone the way of the cassette as far as I’m concerned. I remember a time when CDs were the newest and most expensive technology to have—you could get your car broken into just for the CDs alone. I’m surprised the plastic-housed MiniDiscs didn’t take off like CDs did, they held up to regular use and held wayyyy more music.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2020 7:21 PM

Thanks to those so far who've actually have/had it. I appreciate your replies.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2020 7:28 PM

OP, are you posting from 1995? Why do t you just get an Echo Dot?

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2020 7:28 PM

I’ve had these Bose units for many years, both the small and the big one. They’re great, superb sound and I still play CD’s regularly! I think only the small units are still being manufactured by Bose.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2020 7:40 PM

The newer models can only be operated by the remote.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2020 7:43 PM

Will it play my DVDs?

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2020 7:47 PM

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2020 10:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!