Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

These two ughh...

Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Reportedly Refuse To Let Netflix Include Their Story In The Crown

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 22, 2020 10:32 PM

Actually that's the first thing they've done as a couple that suggests any integrity.

However I don't imagine for a moment the Queen allowed Netflix to include her story, so why would they even be asked?

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2020 2:35 PM

I thought the crown wasn't covering the 2010's? I read the final seasons will be about the 2000's.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2020 2:40 PM

Good for them - why would they think they would get even a remotely sympathetic view from an English production team?

And, more importantly, he will NEVER WEAR THE CROWN!

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2020 2:43 PM

It’s not up to them. They can’t “refuse to allow” it. Besides—Nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2020 2:46 PM

If they have a choice, why the hell would they? I watched most of season one but gave it up because it was boring. I watched all of season four and found it more interesting, but every one of the characters is either thoroughly despicable or else maddeningly boring. It's bizarre but the only two I can relate to at all are Charles because of his interests in the arts and Margaret because she is shown to have some human empathy but ultimately still cares about status and abandons the people she seemed she might care about. Harry is certain to be shown in the worst possible light, probably with emphases on his wearing a Nazi costume on Halloween, partying naked in Vegas and then bringing shame upon his family before abandoning/being rejected by them. Just say no, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2020 2:48 PM

This is a non-issue. One that can't control anyway. Are they trying to make this about themselves?

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2020 2:50 PM

They'll probably sue if Netflix tries to include it, and I'm not sure Netflix wants to spend money on those legal bills.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2020 2:50 PM

The Crown is an unwatchable load of crap.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2020 2:53 PM

They made a big-money deal with Netflix and may therefore have some influence with the company.

I think that may be what the article implies but I couldn't read it because it's one of those sites that barrages you with 436 popup ads to render itself unreadable.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2020 2:54 PM

I hope they cast a hot actor to play Harry if they show his partying escapades. I want a hot toned ginger, not a twig like Harry was in real life. Give us a bubble butt, not his flat pancake ass.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2020 2:54 PM

OP has got it all wrong—they want to play themselves.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2020 2:58 PM

Oh please. They'd be pissed if they weren't included. This is just a ploy to make sure that they are.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2020 3:00 PM

Like they have any say in how the production team and writers may choose to develop the program, if it continues?

I love the continual flip-flopping with "ve vant to be alone!", and "our privacy, the safety of our son", on one side, to calling the paps, and traveling with their personal publicity photographer on the other.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2020 3:07 PM

Good on them. Smart.

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2020 3:11 PM

If there's any truth at all to any of the stories relating to Diana, then the royals did themselves in by forcing that marriage. They'd have been better off forcing Charles to abdicate to become Camilla's tampon and handing the keys to another kid who wanted to play the game.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2020 3:14 PM

The showrunner made it clear that the Crown could not cover present day. History telling requires temporal distance.

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2020 3:16 PM

Yes, but too much shuffling around which Windsor sibling gets the Crown undermines the whole “anointed by God” concept, in which case we might as well have a Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2020 3:18 PM

Stop responding to this shiteous clickbait farm.

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2020 3:18 PM

[quote] we might as well have a Kardashian.

Well, yes. I don't really know what the difference is at this point. They all just kind of show up for appearances and put their faces and their brands on everything. Do they do anything else? According to The Crown, no; the queen's entire job is to resist doing anything at all.

by Anonymousreply 19November 22, 2020 3:29 PM

They shoot things.

by Anonymousreply 20November 22, 2020 3:33 PM

Pretty sure this OP is the same “Celebrating the Soaps” blog spam troll that posts BRF stuff literally every morning on here.

by Anonymousreply 21November 22, 2020 3:55 PM

R21 it is.

Run by some fat frau named Annemarie LeBlanc

by Anonymousreply 22November 22, 2020 4:30 PM

What hasn't been told?

by Anonymousreply 23November 22, 2020 4:31 PM

Season 6 finishes in the 2000s with Kate's summer as a yacht girl and her Kris Jenner momager shipping her off to St Andrews to pursue William. They're not going into the 2010s.

by Anonymousreply 24November 22, 2020 5:05 PM

The producers are skipping the 2010s because they're developing "Little Lord Saxe-Coburg-Gotha," the whimsical half-hour family comedy about the coming of age of a fancy little tow headed homo prince with the magical ability to make even a stodgy old stone-hearted queen smile!

It was pitched as "an updated Tabitha Stephens, but queer to keep with the times."

Because it's Nexflix where anything goes, season two will take a wicked turn as little Princess Charlotte comes along to add a touch of devilry into the boy's life. "Think of it," the producers told Netflix execs, "as gay Tabitha meets Damon from the Omen, except Damon is a girl who takes after her mother."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 22, 2020 5:12 PM

[quote] Actually that's the first thing they've done as a couple that suggests any integrity.

I am sure they want to directly profit from their story.

by Anonymousreply 26November 22, 2020 5:17 PM

[quote] They'd have been better off forcing Charles to abdicate to become Camilla's tampon and handing the keys to another kid who wanted to play the game.

Andrew the pedophile or Edward the queer?

by Anonymousreply 27November 22, 2020 5:19 PM

F&F it for the queer reference.

by Anonymousreply 28November 22, 2020 5:20 PM

Their story has already been dramatised in another show, sex scenes too. Same for Killiam. Nothing they could do about it.

by Anonymousreply 29November 22, 2020 5:21 PM

Yet they allowed that dippy Lifetime movie? K.

by Anonymousreply 30November 22, 2020 6:41 PM

Honest to God, for people who are not British, U cannot think of a single reason anyone would care about this couple's world other than pure racism.

by Anonymousreply 31November 22, 2020 6:44 PM

The show was always set to basically end where The Queen begins. However, if I was in charge at Netflix I'd immediately greenlight a trashy movie about their lives, just to spite them (I'd even make a big deal out of offering Meghan a chance to play herself).

Between the mortgage and private security, they need Netflix more than Netflix needs them.

by Anonymousreply 32November 22, 2020 6:53 PM

[quote] I want a hot toned ginger, not a twig like Harry was in real life. Give us a bubble butt, not his flat pancake ass.

I would like to associate myself with R10's casting requirements.

As for this stupid Sussexplaining planted story, it's a non-story. I don't even watch the Crown (I saw most of the first one) and even I knew that the series wasn't ever going into their story or current events. It was already decided and at some point in their negotiations TweedleDumb and TweedleMee discussed and confirmed that fact. Then they signed on as the Netflix in-house Rent A Royal Prince, Diana's Son version, as Netflix shreds his parents and grandparents but not him and not his awful wife. It's a vicious kick in the teeth to the Queen and his family.

Now it shows up as this Sussex-serving storyline in the tabloids because of course it would. Blech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 22, 2020 7:26 PM

'As for this stupid Sussexplaining planted story, it's a non-story. I don't even watch the Crown (I saw most of the first one) and even I knew that the series wasn't ever going into their story or current events. It was already decided and at some point in their negotiations TweedleDumb and TweedleMee discussed and confirmed that fact. Then they signed on as the Netflix in-house Rent A Royal Prince, Diana's Son version, as Netflix shreds his parents and grandparents but not him and not his awful wife. It's a vicious kick in the teeth to the Queen and his family.'

Will you fuck off with your pathetic conspiracy thinking. Each season of The Crown deals with a different decade. Season 5 is going to deal with the 90s, up to the death of Diana in 1997. Season 6 probably up to 2007 at the very most. Meghan did not come on the scene until 2015. It's a historical drama NOT a contemporary one.

by Anonymousreply 34November 22, 2020 9:56 PM

Netflix doesn’t have to get their approval. They are public figures.

by Anonymousreply 35November 22, 2020 10:00 PM

Netflix should put The Queen back up to stream as most of us haven't seen it.

by Anonymousreply 36November 22, 2020 10:29 PM

Rubbish. They’re public figures like any other member of the BRF...they have no say whatsoever in whether they’re portrayed, or by whom

by Anonymousreply 37November 22, 2020 10:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!