Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Devon Sawa's career go straight down the shitter?

Wasn't he supposed to be the next great teen Hunk?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30Yesterday at 10:41 AM

He's dead.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Saturday at 6:59 PM

No, he's very much alive. It's his career that's dead.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Saturday at 7:07 PM

Is that really him at OP?

by Anonymousreply 3Last Saturday at 7:09 PM

Yes, R3.

He actually walked away from acting for about 5 years because he decided he was tired of it. That's understandable as a child actor transitioning into an adult actor. I guess he had to decide it if was really for him.

He also had problems with alcohol and has been sober for years now.

He returned when he joined the cast of USA Network's "Nikita" for a few years. He's worked consistently, just not in anything big since then.

He also has some ... interesting ... tattoos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4Last Saturday at 7:18 PM

Is he gay? If not, who cares?

by Anonymousreply 5Last Saturday at 7:27 PM

He was an alcoholic and celebrated being sober for 12 years recently. His social media is mostly bashing Republicans and conservatives and also memes about Idle Hands and Final Destination. He's very entertaining and funny which adds to his appeal. He's what I would imagine Brad Renfro would have been had he kept himself alive and got sober.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Saturday at 7:40 PM

Devon also tried to help Aaron Carter get sober. But Aaron of course didn't listen. Devon seems to be a good person, very no-nonsense and doesn't put up with fuckery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7Last Saturday at 7:48 PM

He has drug nose.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Saturday at 7:50 PM

Teen hunks rarely transition to Hollywood stars though. Very few avoid falling into obscurity. Even if Devon didn't become a druggie and alcoholic, have a few kids and remained focused on acting. He likely still would not have made any significant progress. They was and is a very clear line between child/teen star and Hollywood star. The best option after child/teen stardom are indie films or if they are really desperate TV movies/direct-to-video.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Saturday at 8:07 PM

Shane West has done fine.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Saturday at 8:13 PM

So then who is Jonathan Brandis?

by Anonymousreply 11Last Saturday at 8:52 PM

Christina Ricci's fivehead sucked the lifeblood away from his career.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Saturday at 9:04 PM

I don't remember his nose being so...crunched in?

by Anonymousreply 13Last Saturday at 9:05 PM

He was beautiful when he was young because of his haunting eyes and busted nose and otherwise great features.

Middle age + alcohol means he's good looking now still, but will probably only be good for character roles.

He should have gone to an acting school; that seems clear.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Saturday at 9:07 PM

[Quote] Shane West has done fine.

Who was also on Nikkita.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Saturday at 9:32 PM

Jay R. Ferguson has done well too.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Saturday at 9:36 PM

With all those drugs he'll look like this soon—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17Last Saturday at 9:38 PM

Isn't he a Canadian stanksleeve?

by Anonymousreply 18Last Saturday at 9:43 PM

As previous posters mentioned with Shane West and Jay R Ferguson. Television is the best way for former child/teen stars to go.

I'll also throw in Ryan Phillippe, Skeet Ulrich, Joey Lawrence, Tia Mowry, Chace Crawford, Macaulay Culkin, Alicia Silverstone, Penn Badgley and Melissa Joan Hart to that mix as well.

Some did make it to Hollywood and stayed like Amanda Seyfried, Emma Stone, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Jennifer Lawrence, James and Dave Franco, Seth Rogan, Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively and Michelle Williams.

by Anonymousreply 19Yesterday at 2:43 AM

[Quote] Blake Lively

I don't think Blake is a child star. She didn't become relevant until GG.

by Anonymousreply 20Yesterday at 2:49 AM

Blake was in those Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movies with America Ferrera and Amber Tamblyn

by Anonymousreply 21Yesterday at 3:20 AM

Is he the father of that social media creature Jojo who dresses flashy and pretends to dance?

by Anonymousreply 22Yesterday at 3:40 AM

I can tell this guy is an emotional time bomb just by looking at him. I wouldn't want to be around when he goes off.

by Anonymousreply 23Yesterday at 3:41 AM

He looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 24Yesterday at 3:50 AM

I love the sound of his voice. He will be back.

by Anonymousreply 25Yesterday at 4:52 AM

His nose wasn't flat(ttened) in the Eminem "Stan" music video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26Yesterday at 9:00 AM

Devon fared better than Eddie Furlong and Nick Stahl who are really fucked up but still alive and aged poorly. And fortunately he did not end up like Brad Renfro and Jonathan Brandis who both sadly died too early. All of them had that 90s curtained bang hairstyle that is coming back in fashion now with people like Gus Dapperton, Aaron Maine and Timothee Chalamet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27Yesterday at 10:07 AM

[quote] All of them had that 90s curtained bang hairstyle

Oh, geez -- the kiddies are bringing that do back? Why?

by Anonymousreply 28Yesterday at 10:34 AM

Yep, curtains are back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29Yesterday at 10:37 AM

Yes that hairstyle is back. It's funny I'm in my late 20s and I remember that curtained hair was still a thing until like 2003/2004 then shorter haircuts became popular. Most people I see with the curtains are Latino boys.

by Anonymousreply 30Yesterday at 10:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!