Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jerry Lee Lewis

He contributed at least as much as Elvis to early rock and roll yet is barely remembered. Why don’t people adore Jerry Lee Lewis the way they adore Elvis? I’ve always preferred his music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2020 2:01 AM

ewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2020 1:18 AM

Jerry Lee Lewis wasn't nearly as funny as he was made out to be. But when he was young-ish, he was totally fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2020 1:19 AM

Because he married his cousin. And she was only like 11 years old.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2020 1:19 AM

Married his 13-year-old cousin, killed his career.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2020 1:20 AM

People got sick of telethons.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2020 1:22 AM

Elvis groomed a 14 year old to be his child bride. That’s at least as gross. Jerry Lee seems more likable and he wasn’t quite as trashy as Elvis.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2020 1:22 AM

He’s the only original rock n roller still alive, but now no one cares about live music so there’s that.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2020 1:22 AM

Brenda Lee is still alive. Ditto Wanda Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2020 1:27 AM

I thought he was dead, R7.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2020 1:31 AM

He wasn't as sexy as Elvis.

Plus the whole cousin fucking business.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2020 1:33 AM

He wasn't remotely handsome. Elvis, Audrey Hepburn, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe - all of these have endured in pop culture to a large extent because of their looks.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2020 1:37 AM

R10, Plus manic piano-playing isn't a turn-on.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2020 1:45 AM

EWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2020 1:46 AM

He killed at least one of his wives, so there’s that.

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2020 1:49 AM

I thought Elvis preserved Priscilla's virginity until the wedding night. I've also read he lost interest shortly after LM's birth.

In her book, Elvis and Me, Priscilla describes Presley as a very passionate man who was not overtly sexual towards her. According to her account,[24] the singer told her that they had to wait until they were married before having intercourse. He said, "I'm not saying we can't do other things. It's just the actual encounter. I want to save it." Priscilla says in her autobiography that she was a virgin and she and Elvis did not have sex until their wedding night. However, this claim is questioned by biographer Suzanne Finstad.[25]

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2020 1:51 AM

I think Jerry Lee was sexy as a young man. He came from a better family than Elvis

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2020 1:57 AM

God, I love this song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2020 1:58 AM

Oh, to share an encounter with young Elvis. Hot damn!

I enjoy Lewis as a performer, but physically he had a sort of white trash look that didn't work for me.

This thread has me enjoying young Jerry Lee and Elvis videos.

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2020 2:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!