Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is too high for blood glucose?

I keep finding different info online. Some say 120 others say 140.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2020 2:23 AM

Info on the web is not consistent about blood glucose levels, that's for sure, OP. The info is confusing and conflicting from what little lookups I've done.

I do know acceptable levels are different between people with diabetes (and treating with meds) and those without diabetes, so you'd need to be more specific in your query. Also, you need to decide if you want the instant glucose monitor numbers (I think those are called mg/dl) or the long term lab test numbers (which I think are A1C).

I THINK, for the mg/dl, if you have med treated type 2 and are below 130 after fasting you're okay - and without diabetes it's 100. But don't rely on me.

If all else fails, you should just put a call into your Primary Care doc and ask them.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2020 12:57 AM

thanks r1

I have an appointment Tuesday.

It's odd. My quest lab results show green (meaning ok) but if I look online the numbers say is should be lower.

It's so odd since I've lost a bunch of weight. It seems like my numbers should have gone down.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2020 1:31 AM

Different labs have different parameters however they are not usually that far off from each other. You must consider that your results should be based on a fasting blood glucose level. Having said all of that a fasting blood glucose level of 70-100mg/dL is generally considered normal

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2020 2:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!