Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Sopranos Thread

I think us fans need our own little corner to discuss our thoughts and feelings about this everlasting TV progrum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19911 hours ago

I fucking love it. We binged the whole series again and March-April when we were locked down. It holds up.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Saturday at 1:33 PM

The show stays with you and I think about it at weird times. Although based on Italian-Americans in New Jersey, it fundamentally American.

The big sky thought: you can have everything you need (and more) and still really have nothing and be miserable.

And of course all the family dynamics that ring true in so many families.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Saturday at 1:38 PM

Boring, old hat.

by Anonymousreply 3Last Saturday at 1:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4Last Saturday at 1:44 PM

James Gandolfini was born to play Tony Soprano.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Saturday at 1:46 PM

Remember that crazy bitch at the Mercedes dealership? She coulda been a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Saturday at 1:48 PM

[quote] It holds up.

Unlike you at your daughter's wedding, Ginnie.

Say, did you ever get that mole looked at?

by Anonymousreply 7Last Saturday at 1:53 PM

[quote]He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8Last Saturday at 1:55 PM

Jackie Jr ... damm

by Anonymousreply 9Last Saturday at 1:55 PM

This bitch DOES post here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10Last Saturday at 1:59 PM

I never watched it, for some reason, until I was stuck indoors for months on end. I've since watched it 4 times over. I hate and pity the characters at the same time. The writing is so fucking good. Every character is a jewel. What I do dislike is the way these people don't seem to know anyone other than other rich Italians. With the exception of an occasional meal of Chinese they eat nothing but Italian food. Carmella cooks the same shit every mean. I mean in real life, mob or not mob related do rich Italians only know other Italians? Do their kids go to school only with other Italian kids? Do they eat Italian food for almost every meal of their lives. I like the occasional Italian meal but watching the show I sometimes think I'm going to puke if I see them shovel one more forkful of pasta with red sauce into their mouths.

Also, I read the actress who played Meadow is actually a Jewish girl from Long Island NY and that when she saw herself onscreen for the pilot she thought she looked so fat she became anorexic and went down below 80 pounds. When she came back to do the series she looked so bad TPTB told her if she didn't gain 20 - 30 pounds they would start the show with another actress. They liked her and waited for her to look better again. Even so, if you look at her from the pilot to the first regular episode you can still see a big difference in her face and body.

The actor who played the Soprano son was recently arrested.

I don't think other than the actress who played Carmella any of them ever had a real success after the series ended.

Oh and the ending totally sucked IMO. I think they were trying to be artsy but I think it was just lazy and it sucked. I too thought something had happened to my cable or TV. That's as much as I can say without giving away the ending for those who have not seen it.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Saturday at 2:00 PM

Jesus, you watched it four times since the pandemic? You might be due for an intervention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12Last Saturday at 2:06 PM

Gandolfini’s son Michael will star as the young Tony in The Many Saints of Newark, the prequel to The Sopranos coming sometime 2021

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13Last Saturday at 2:11 PM

I’d rather have a sequel series than a prequel movie, but I’ll take what I can get.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Saturday at 2:13 PM

The heaviest episode I can think of was the one of Tony killing Ralphie. That was intense. But I did have a much needed laugh when Christopher had dead Ralphie in the tub and grabbed his hair to move him and the wig came off and Christopher screamed. I needed that.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Saturday at 2:17 PM

Sorry. I LOVED that finale ending. And Chase was correct- It was ALL there. Watch the episode at the cabin (Was it called Soprano Home Movies?)

It was all there and perfect.

Tony was assassinated and it all just went black. End of story.

And how that last 2-3 minutes built that suspense with Meadow just trying to park her car?

I can still remember my heart pounding.

A classic. I have never understood the hatred for that finale.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Saturday at 2:22 PM

I agree R16. The end was pitch perfect, although I did initially think the cable went out when the screen went black.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Saturday at 2:25 PM

Everybody and their mother thought the cable went out. I watched it with my family and I’ll never forget the sight of my father standing there at the television with the remote. The credits finally started rolling and he’s like “What the hell happened?” He thought he missed the ending. But I knew. I knew that was the way it was meant to be.

by Anonymousreply 18Last Saturday at 2:32 PM

Lorraine Bracco was sexy as hell in it.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Saturday at 2:34 PM

[quote] With the exception of an occasional meal of Chinese they eat nothing but Italian food.

Or chocolate bars hidden in the dryer.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Saturday at 2:36 PM

[quote]The heaviest episode I can think of was the one of Tony killing Ralphie.

For me it was Silvio killing Adriana.

Ralphie killing the stripper was a tough scene to watch though.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Saturday at 2:38 PM

Ralphie is the single most repulsive character in the series.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Saturday at 2:40 PM

A: she was a hooah. B: she hit him first.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Saturday at 2:41 PM

We’re watching Crazy Gloria threatening to kill herself as I type. Watching the series for the first time.

by Anonymousreply 24Last Saturday at 2:42 PM

"Talking Sopranos" is hosted by Michael Imperioli (Christopher) & Steve Schirippa (Bobby Bacala). Check it out. According to Imperioli & Schirippa, Ralph killing the stripper (episode) got a lot of backlash. There's a Talking Sopranos episode where they interview the actress who played the stripper. IMO, they're acting all sensitive now b/c of the backlash. There was so much misogynistic stuff on the Sopranos and I guess viewers thought it crossed the line with the murder of the stripper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25Last Saturday at 2:44 PM

Pauline Walnuts was a stone cold killer. He would have killed his own mother if Tony told him too. When he killed that old lady for her small nest egg to give to Tony. Oof, that was hard to watch. Harder than Tracy (who burned her kids hand on a stove)

Adrianna’s murder was hard to watch too. When she was driving with Silvio and starts to daydream what could have been.

by Anonymousreply 26Last Saturday at 2:45 PM

[quote] I think us fans

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 27Last Saturday at 2:47 PM

I disagree with many about the ending. I think it shows all of the forces against Tony gathering around him—the various unresolved plot lines, the hidden enemies. It foreshadows his death. We know that as he sits there with his family, seemingly happy, his life will be over soon. It’s all going to catch up with him.

by Anonymousreply 28Last Saturday at 2:53 PM

I remember sitting there , heart pounding, laughing and saying HOLY FUCK! in front of that black screen (What did it last??10-15 seconds??) I knew exactly what it meant and there was no question. But you had to have watched the show with more than a "Holy SHIT! Who is gonna get whacked this week!" mentality. The show was far deeper than many fans realized. And the Meadow parking the car stuff- it was BRILLIANTLY done. And if you watched it and payed attention, it was pretty rewarding. To this day, I can only shake my head at the haters. David Chase despised many of the fans of this show for that very reason. He cared far more about the show and the characters and the stories than the "fans" did. Half of the fans were fucking morons. It was a brilliant ending. The best.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Saturday at 3:14 PM

The show had misogyny and racism because the characters were misogynist and racist. I really hate the current thinking that you can tell these stories and have them be remotely interesting by applying wokeness.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Saturday at 3:18 PM

Coincidentally I had SIRIUS XM's Sinatra channel on today and they played "It Was a Very Good Year". I cannot hear that song without thinking of the opening scene from Season 2 where they played the song over a montage of the characters.

by Anonymousreply 31Last Saturday at 3:23 PM

[quote] And if you watched it and payed attention

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 32Last Saturday at 3:24 PM

It took me years to appreciate how brilliant the ending was but I get it now.

by Anonymousreply 33Last Saturday at 3:26 PM

PAID R32, PAID, motherfucker. You old schoolmarm dickless who-haa!!!!

Ya mother's CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 34Last Saturday at 3:32 PM

Things don't turn out well for us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35Last Saturday at 3:39 PM

Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Saturday at 3:40 PM

Vito Spatafore and Johnny Cakes - The Odd Couple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37Last Saturday at 3:41 PM

I loved Adriana. Also, I was very moist for the FBI guy Dwight Harris. He and Tony had a lot in common.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38Last Saturday at 3:44 PM

R37 I loved that couple. Vito was so happy.

by Anonymousreply 39Last Saturday at 3:46 PM

It has aged much better than Breaking Bad.

by Anonymousreply 40Last Saturday at 3:48 PM

I loved the FBI guy too. I remember him from OLTL. I like the 1 second scene when Carmella thinks she sees Adriana in Paris and Adriana had her sweet little dog. I think we were supposed to think it was just Carmella's imagination but I always hoped that poor Adriana actually was happy and reunited with her dog. Also she looked so great in that French high fashion.

by Anonymousreply 41Last Saturday at 3:50 PM

R40 I disagree. I think they're both current and the ending of Breaking Bad was much more satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 42Last Saturday at 3:51 PM

Father Phil Intintola was a worm of a guy, but I liked the actor playing him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43Last Saturday at 3:56 PM

The ending of Breaking Bad was way more contrived to me. I like that The Sopranos didn't try to wrap everything up so tightly.

by Anonymousreply 44Last Saturday at 4:01 PM

Not for me.

The Sopranos feels so aughts.

by Anonymousreply 45Last Saturday at 4:03 PM

The Sopranos is still great today. That’s the bar by which everything else is measured. No show has equaled it yet in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 46Last Saturday at 4:43 PM

I’m rewatching it’s now. I love Gloria she was my favourite of Tony’s girlfriends

by Anonymousreply 47Last Saturday at 4:43 PM

R47, that actress was so good. Aside from Law and Order: Criminal Intent, was she ever in anything big?

by Anonymousreply 48Last Saturday at 4:44 PM

Ya think I can get free fucking tyas????/

LOVE GLORIA.

I also loved Valentina who came after Gloria. She was elegant and FUNNY. She wasn't crazy. I dug her too.

by Anonymousreply 49Last Saturday at 4:48 PM

The series holds up extremely well, especially when compared to something like Sex and the City, which aired at roughly the same time but is horrifically dated.

I admit that I usually stop watching with 6-18, as those final 3 episodes are so terribly dark. The characters deserve their fates, but I don't like watching them get their comeuppance.

by Anonymousreply 50Last Saturday at 5:13 PM

Michael Gandolfini is the living image of his father. I hope he inherited his father's onscreen charisma as well as his face.

by Anonymousreply 51Last Saturday at 5:14 PM

[QUOTE] I admit that I usually stop watching with 6-18, as those final 3 episodes are so terribly dark. The characters deserve their fates, but I don't like watching them get their comeuppance.

R50 a grown man made a wager; he lost. He made another one; he lost. End of story! So take that high moral ground and go sleep in the fucking bus station if you want!

by Anonymousreply 52Last Saturday at 8:16 PM

The actress who played Gloria Trillo was blacklisted by Harvey Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 53Last Saturday at 8:31 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54Last Sunday at 4:39 AM

This was the most overrated show of all time. It was so contrived and derivative with embarrassing dialogue. Not one character (except Edie Falco’s) seemed like anything other than a caricature.

I’ll allow the horrible misogyny and racism because, yes, those were part of the characters...but the way they relied on that was lazy lazy lazy. (See: strip club scenes...zzzzzzz.)

by Anonymousreply 55Last Sunday at 4:58 AM

Lorraine Bracco as Dr Melfi was my favorite female character. She and Tony had great chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 56Last Sunday at 5:07 AM

If yiu watch actual mob documentaries the girlfriends and wives weren't even halfway pretty. It was laughable that these second rate mobsters got first rate women. And young ones too.

by Anonymousreply 57Last Sunday at 5:10 AM

SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THE SERIES TO THE END YET:

Could someone explain why we're supposed to know that Tony gets whacked at the end?

I thought it was a maybe. There definitely was something going on...but what, exactly?

What is the specific action that tells us what happens?

by Anonymousreply 58Last Sunday at 5:13 AM

R58 I think David Chase was exhausted and gave up, knowing he'd never satisfy everyone who loved the show. He basically bailed on the ending leaving it up to each viewer to insert their own ending. I'm amazed at how adamant some viewers are about their belief that Tony was whacked. Who is to say there wasn't a drawdown and Tony survived? Chase left it all up to the viewer to project their own satisfactory ending.

by Anonymousreply 59Last Sunday at 5:18 AM

Love you James Gandolfini, forever.

by Anonymousreply 60Last Sunday at 5:20 AM

Well he said it all goes black when you die and the ending gave you the panicky feeling that dealt with all day until, blackness. I thought it was brilliant at the time and I'm happy to see people coming around to my way of thinking.

by Anonymousreply 61Last Sunday at 5:24 AM

R61 Wow. That is one powerful ego!

by Anonymousreply 62Last Sunday at 5:40 AM

I too screamed at the tv when the ending aired ,but after multiple viewings I think it really is brilliant. It was inevitable that Tony came to a bad end . He knew that ,Carmela knew it,they all knew it.

by Anonymousreply 63Last Sunday at 5:51 AM

There were so many good moments of this show; Tony's tears over his realization that AJ is a loser & there is nothing he can do about it because AJ could not survive in Tony's world; Carmela's attempts to buy respectability, but her complete willingness to break the law when it suited her purpose; Christopher's occasional moments of clarity about the kind of guy he really is...and there were just so many good peripheral characters like Johnny Sack's wife & daughters, Tony's lawyer, etc.....

by Anonymousreply 64Last Sunday at 6:44 AM

[quote] Could someone explain why we're supposed to know that Tony gets whacked at the end?

There are numerous articles online that probably explain it better, but here goes...

In addition to all the clues and pointers spread out over the last season (notably Bobby's lines about everything just going black, no sound or anything), there is a fairly precise pattern to the last scene in the diner:

A.) A shot of Tony in the booth

B.) The sound of the ringing bell signifying someone coming into the diner.

C.) Tony looks to the door, cut to...

D.) ...a POV shot of what Tony sees.

This pattern repeats over and over and over. Finally, the family (minus Meadow) is gathered in the booth. There’s a shot of Tony. We hear the bell signifying someone (Meadow?) entering the diner. Tony looks up and... Blackout. This is what Tony sees: blackness.

As a director, Chase is nothing if not a cinematic formalist. The pattern (and the lack of payoff) means something. It’s all very Hitchcock/Truffaut. Watch the scene a few times in a row. It’s actually pretty clear. To me, anyway.

There’s also a lot of speculation about the color scheme and the family putting the onion rings into their mouths like communion wafers. I don’t know about the onion rings, but Chase had the mural behind them in the diner (it’s a real NJ diner) repainted to his specifications and I doubt he’d do that if it didn’t serve a bigger thematic purpose. Again, he’s a total, old-school film school kind of guy.

by Anonymousreply 65Last Sunday at 6:56 AM

One of the FUNNIEST scenes in the show - Tony's sister Janice is having sex with one of the mafia guys- I think it was Ralphie. She's shoving a dildo up his ass , has a gun to his head and says to him- I'LL PIMP YOU OUT BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 66Last Sunday at 7:04 AM

Also, the opening image of the last episode looks like Tony in his coffin, with funereal music playing. It's foreshadowing that he'll be in his coffin soon.

In an interview after the show ended, Chase was more optimistic about Tony's kids. He said that AJ would end up a low-level movie producer working for Little Carmine's straight-to-video film company. Meadow would probably never become a doctor or lawyer, but the high-powered lawyer she's married to isn't a violent criminal like her father. In that sense, Carmela and Tony were successful parents: They got their children out of the mob life.

by Anonymousreply 67Last Sunday at 7:08 AM

Someone on another thread pointed out that the job Tony found for his biological son--producer working for Little Carmine's film company--is the job his spiritual son Christopher would have killed for. But Tony blocked Christopher's film ambitions at every turn and, in the end, killed Christopher over the portrayal of the mob boss in Cleaver.

by Anonymousreply 68Last Sunday at 7:11 AM

My all time favorite show.

I remember when it first aired, I was traveling a lot with my job and would watch it in my hotel rooms. I thought it was just okay and stopped watching it. A year or so later Six Feet Under came out, and I fell in love with it instantaneously. I watched the entire series. A few years ago, I was able to watch the Sopranos, beginning to end, and I had to admit it was far superior to SFU. It is still my all time favorite TV show.

The characters are so beautifully flawed, and despite everything you manage to find empathy towards them all. Brilliant writing, acting and production value. James Gandolfini was Tony Soprano! I don't think anyone else could have played him.

Vince Gilligan, I believe said "if there hadn't been a Tony Soprano, there would never have been a Walter White." What an awesome compliment! I also believe Alan Ball tipped his hat to David Chase and the Sopranos.

by Anonymousreply 69Last Sunday at 7:39 AM

[quote]No show has equaled it yet in my opinion.

"The Wire" was as good or better.

by Anonymousreply 70Last Sunday at 8:40 AM

The Wire fell apart at the end.

by Anonymousreply 71Last Sunday at 8:46 AM

I could never get into the wire. Watched about five episodes at the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 72Last Sunday at 8:55 AM

I loved the Wire, but it did fall apart at the end - or maybe sunk under the weight of it's own self-importance. I lost interest in the Sopranos at the end too - just too dark and because no one ever changed or grew, the characters did the same thing over & over again, all while Tony loses power & becomes more trapped.

by Anonymousreply 73Last Sunday at 8:58 AM

[quote][bold]Dr. Krakower:[/bold] You tell me he's a depressed criminal, prone to anger, serially unfaithful. Is that your definition of a good man?

[quote][bold]Carmela:[/bold] I thought psychiatrists weren’t supposed to be judgmental.

[quote][bold]Dr. Krakower:[/bold] Many patients want to be excused for their current predicament because of events that occurred in their childhood. That’s what psychiatry has become in America. Visit any shopping mall or ethnic pride parade and witness the results. ...You'll never be able to feel good about yourself. You'll never be able to quell the feelings of guilt and shame that you talked about, so long as you're his accomplice.

[quote][bold]Carmela:[/bold] You're wrong about the accomplice part, though.

[quote][bold]Dr. Krakower:[/bold] You sure?

[quote][bold]Carmela:[/bold] All I did was make sure he's got clean clothes in his closet and dinner on his table.

[quote][bold]Dr. Krakower:[/bold] So "enable" would be a more accurate job description for what you do than "accomplice". My apologies.

[...]

[quote][bold]Dr. Krakower:[/bold] Take only the children--what's left of them--and go.

[quote][bold]Carmela:[/bold] My priest said I should work with him, help him to become a better man.

[quote][bold]Dr. Krakower:[/bold] How's that going?

[...]

[quote][bold]Carmela:[/bold] I would have to get a lawyer, find an apartment, arrange for child support...

[quote][bold]Dr. Krakower:[/bold] You're not listening. I'm not charging you because I won't take blood money. You can't either... one thing you can’ never say, that you haven’t been told.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74Last Sunday at 9:17 AM

Very well put R65. Rewatching the series now with my partner, who was in Jr high and not interested in that type of show when it started. I haven't seen an episode in ten years but other than obvious things like tech and pop culture references it holds up surprisingly well.

by Anonymousreply 75Last Sunday at 9:20 AM

😂 That psychiatrist destroyed Carmela’s soul. She barely had enough strength to walk out of there and ended up on the couch all day

by Anonymousreply 76Last Sunday at 9:22 AM

R66

I also loved that sign. Also enjoyed it when she shot Richie Aprile.

When Ton gave away that raggedy brown leather jacket to his cleaning lady's husband.

by Anonymousreply 77Last Sunday at 9:25 AM

If Tony died at the diner that night, Carmela came out okay. Sure, she was no doubt traumatized by her husband's violent death, but he died before the FBI could seize all of their assets. Carmela kept the house, the cars, all her jewelry, and the millions of dollars we've seen Tony stashing away in foreign accounts for the last couple of seasons. Carmela ended up a rich fortysomething widow. Perhaps she can give Vic Musto a call.

by Anonymousreply 78Last Sunday at 9:28 AM

If Tony died at the diner that night, Carmela came out okay.

I don't know; if there's one thing that the show demonstrated over & over again is that no matter what Tony did or how angry they got at him, they didn't do well enough on their own & always came back to his orbit. Carmela would have $$, but she'd be a marginal figure that none of the others would talk to or listen to anymore & she'd hate that. Likewise, Meadow needed to be Miss Bigshot - and AJ surely would be killed in some senseless fight. She'd end up like Livia, spending the rest of her life fuming away at her fate.

by Anonymousreply 79Last Sunday at 9:37 AM

I think there would have been a big part of Carmella who was relieved by Tony's murder. She could rationalize living with all the blood money as the poor widow who gave her family the best years of her life and had two children to support. Carmella is the only one in the inner circle who has a sense of how despicable they all are, but she is pays the guilt and shame lip service to ease her conscience.

by Anonymousreply 80Last Sunday at 9:41 AM

They could do a really good sequel exploring this.

by Anonymousreply 81Last Sunday at 9:47 AM

For current TV writers it's the George Washington on Mt. Rushmore (The Wire, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad being the other three) for modern dramas. I don't see that changing anytime soon. It's simply a fantastic series from premise to execution, from beginning to end.

by Anonymousreply 82Last Sunday at 9:48 AM

I agree that Carmela would be relieved. One thing the show says over and over is how smart Carmela is, how she could have had a much more fulfilling life if she'd finished college and not married Tony. Since she'd only be mid-40s when Tony died, she'd have plenty of time and money to start over. She might not care about being head mobwife anymore but could feel smug that she and her children had escaped that life and no longer had to worry about FBI raids and asset seizures.

by Anonymousreply 83Last Sunday at 9:49 AM

I had started re-watching The Sopranos this past March. After we go deeper and not the pandemic, I put it aside because I felt I needed something more cheerful to watch. This thread is making me want to resume from where I left off back in late March.

No matter how dark the show got, it was still fantastic! I wish there was more TV like this.

by Anonymousreply 84Last Sunday at 9:54 AM

The others didn't do well away from Tony because he did everything in his power to draw them back in. He could have given Carmela a clean and easy divorce with a decent financial settlement for her, but he left her so poor and miserable that eventually, she had to go back to him.

He could have let Meadow go to Berkeley way back in Season 3, and thus stand a very good chance of getting completely free of that life forever, but he insisted she stay closer to home. When she had boyfriends outside the life, they were inevitably scared away via direct intimidation (Noah) or disgust at the realities of mob life (Finn). In the end, Meadow marries another mob kid, the smart equivalent of Jackie Jr. Patrick's father Patsy will probably be the new boss once Tony dies, and so Meadow will always have ties to that life, especially given that her husband is a mob lawyer.

When he tried to break free via joining the Army, Tony bribed him back in with a new car and an easy, high-paying job. Going by the look of his girlfriends who weren't Blanca (who dumped him once she really understood what his family was), he'll marry a vapid, venal blonde just like his mother. AJ will owe his life and career to Tony's mob ties.

Tony's wife and kids would have been better off without him. The Jewish psychiatrist told Carmela that. By the time Tony dies, it's too late. They'll always be complicit in his crimes.

by Anonymousreply 85Last Sunday at 9:56 AM

Vito Spotafore the original cock gobbler!

by Anonymousreply 86Last Sunday at 9:56 AM

R84 fucking auto correct/auto fill. It should have read “after we got deeper into the pandemic....”

by Anonymousreply 87Last Sunday at 9:56 AM

Correction to R85: *When AJ tried to break free . . .

by Anonymousreply 88Last Sunday at 9:57 AM

Ah, yes R85, but remember when Carmela was building the house & couldn't get the necessary permits so what does she do - turn to Tony to throw his weight around to get her what she needed. Tony & Carmela pay big bucks for Meadow to go to Columbia but who does she end up with - Jackie Jr & in even deeper in the mix of her old life. Carmela's parents pull rank using Tony's status over & over again.

Not trying to argue, but I think that was one of the great things about the show: Tony is clearly the "baddie" and while his wife & kids are also in many respects his victims, they also revel in the status & perks of Tony's role. The family doesn't want Tony to be anything other than Top Dog - even Carmela's parents.

by Anonymousreply 89Last Sunday at 10:58 AM

[quote] I could never get into the wire. Watched about five episodes at the beginning.

I felt the same way, you really have to dedicate your time to watching it. That first season takes a while to take off. It took me about three tries to get past the first three episodes.

by Anonymousreply 90Last Sunday at 11:16 AM

The Wire and Breaking Bad are too macho and self serious for me. Sopranos and Mad Men both have a humor and a subtle element of camp that elevates them for me.

by Anonymousreply 91Last Sunday at 11:53 AM

What, no fuckin ziti?

by Anonymousreply 92Last Sunday at 12:12 PM

NOSEY!!?? Eat your MANI-GOTT!

by Anonymousreply 93Last Sunday at 1:11 PM

Oh, I totally understand what you are saying, R89, and I agree. Tony's family constantly used his status as a mob boss to get things for themselves. That's why I think they would have been better off without him--in fact, everyone he ever met could say that.

I think that was the point of Season 6, part II--we really see the corrosive influence of Tony Soprano on those nearest and dearest. The clearest evidence of this is his relationships with his two sons, Christopher and AJ, as well as with his daughter. He literally destroys Christopher, and he condemns AJ and Meadow to a life that will never be free of mob influence.

The best thing that could have happened to his family--and I say this as someone who adores the character and his contradictions--would have been if Uncle Jun's hit man had taken Tony out in Season 1. They would all have had to stand on their own two feet, and they'd have been better for it.

by Anonymousreply 94Last Sunday at 1:35 PM

Loved the show, and I liked the ambiguous ending. It was rumored at the time that HBO approved of an ambiguous ending because it left open the possibility of a future movie (like Sex & The City and Entourage got.)

Unfortunately Gandolfini's death put an end to that ever happening.

What a loss that was. Tony Soprano was a tv character for the ages, but he had acting chops to do more. He was really good on Broadway in "God of Carnage." He seemed really well liked too; the other cast members were devastated by his death.

by Anonymousreply 95Last Sunday at 1:37 PM

Looking back at Season 6 part 2, it's easy to see the signs of ill-health in Gandolfini. Besides his girth, his skin was gray even under the make-up, and his breathing sounded like a labored locomotive. Given his weight, drinking, and cocaine use, it's no wonder his heart gave out when he was only 51.

Gandolfini attributed some of his issues to playing Tony Soprano. He told Chase that he couldn't seem to shower enough to wash Tony off of him. I wonder how he would feel about his beloved only son taking on a role that caused him such anguish.

by Anonymousreply 96Last Sunday at 1:40 PM

R91, there's actually a ton of humor in Breaking Bad. It is, admittedly, very "hetero", but it's there.

by Anonymousreply 97Last Sunday at 2:23 PM

David Chase let it slip that Tony did die in the final episode.

[quote] “Yes, I think I had that death scene around two years before the end,” he said.... “Tony was going to get called to a meeting with Johnny Sack in Manhattan, and he was going to go back through the Lincoln Tunnel for this meeting, and it was going to go black there and you never saw him again as he was heading back, the theory being that something bad happens to him at the meeting,” he continued. “But we didn’t do that.”

[quote] Co-author Matt Zoller Seitz caught the slip and called Chase out on it. “You realize, of course, that you just referred to that as a death scene,” he told The Sopranos creator.

[quote] Realizing his mistake, Chase took a long pause. “Fuck you guys,” he replied.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98Last Sunday at 2:24 PM

Loved the Sopranos (and Lorraine Bracco), but do have a few criticisms:

Dr. Melfi was unnecessary and a cheap exposition tool. (Tony sits there and says what his motivations are in life, etc.) Lorraine Bracco was not convincing as a psychiatrist.

Some bad (unskilled) actors: Big Pussy actor, Meadow & AJ actors. Jackie Junior actor was hot but terrible as well.

by Anonymousreply 99Last Sunday at 2:28 PM

Melfis sister was terrible as well as gay Vito.

by Anonymousreply 100Last Sunday at 2:53 PM

Vito;s gay storyline was so forced. And I don't believe he would be dumb enough to blow someone at work (relatively) out in the open.

by Anonymousreply 101Last Sunday at 2:59 PM

You don’t know gay men very well, R101.

by Anonymousreply 102Last Sunday at 3:45 PM

Agree that making Vito the gay family member felt forced. Like when Roseanne’s mother was gay.

by Anonymousreply 103Last Sunday at 3:55 PM

Vito's story was fine except that we didn't have to follow him to New Hampshire. Having him disappear and then come back, telling Tony that he couldn't leave the life, would have worked just as well and spared us Joseph Gannascoli's terrible acting.

by Anonymousreply 104Last Sunday at 4:09 PM

Christopher would have been more interesting as the gay family member. Both Adriana (C's GF) and Carmela pinged to me.

Also, you had two older, Italian men who never married: Uncle Junior and Paulie Walnuts. Why were they never married? Kind of unusual in an old school Italian Mafia family.

by Anonymousreply 105Last Sunday at 4:24 PM

Tony Sirico would never in a million years play a gay character.

by Anonymousreply 106Last Sunday at 4:34 PM

R102, I know a lot of gay guys would do that but a guy who is in the mob? I would think they'd be wayyyyy more discrete about it.

by Anonymousreply 107Last Sunday at 4:42 PM

Vito was also seen in a gay leather bar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108Last Sunday at 4:44 PM

R108, right, totally believable. Not!

by Anonymousreply 109Last Sunday at 4:45 PM

Here is a good read for those who really want to spend time going down the rabbit hole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110Last Sunday at 5:08 PM

As a depressive I am really in tune with the melancholy air of much of The Sopranos.

by Anonymousreply 111Last Sunday at 5:11 PM

Much like lightning never strikes twice, isn't it amazing that David Chase can helm The Sopranos and Matthew Weiner can bring us Mad Men but neither have done anything of note since?

by Anonymousreply 112Last Sunday at 5:12 PM

I never expected David Chase to do much more after Sopranos. He had a great career which culminated in the Sopranos. He was 62 (now 75) when it ended, and probably is enjoying life at a slower pace with a nice amount of money. Matthew Weiner did produce the Romanoffs, which is excellent but not on the level of Mad Men.

by Anonymousreply 113Last Sunday at 5:18 PM

Chase doesn't like TV and has never respected the medium even though it's where he made his mark. He always wanted to be a filmmaker like Scorsese. He walked away from TV with his Sopranos money and never looked back.

As for Matthew Weiner, he tried to come back with the Romanoffs, but that show hasn't generated any buzz.

by Anonymousreply 114Last Sunday at 5:26 PM

[quote] Vito's story was fine except that we didn't have to follow him to New Hampshire. Having him disappear and then come back, telling Tony that he couldn't leave the life, would have worked just as well and spared us Joseph Gannascoli's terrible acting.

Completely agree! For me, the NH part of the story was the one major misstep in the whole series.

by Anonymousreply 115Last Monday at 2:55 AM

I thought one aspect of the GAY storyline that was NOT realistic- that hunky diner/volunteer fireman guy being interested in the OBESE Vito.

by Anonymousreply 116Last Monday at 3:46 AM

"I loved Adriana. Also, I was very moist for the FBI guy Dwight Harris. He and Tony had a lot in common."

R38...Dwight Harris (aka Matt Servitto) getting naked for his nephew in the short film HEIGHT OF COOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117Last Monday at 3:48 AM

Another...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118Last Monday at 3:48 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119Last Monday at 3:50 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120Last Monday at 3:51 AM

Servitto must be the actor from The Sopranos who's gotten nude the most.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121Last Monday at 4:00 AM

Servitto nude again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122Last Monday at 4:01 AM

Looking back at Season 6 part 2, it's easy to see the signs of ill-health in Gandolfini. Besides his girth, his skin was gray even under the make-up, and his breathing sounded like a labored locomotive. Given his weight, drinking, and cocaine use, it's no wonder his heart gave out when he was only 51.

I recall an interview asking Chase about Gandolfini and his temperament/personal issues; he recounted a story in which Tony was supposed to slam the fridge door in anger & during the scene, Gandolfini slammed it so hard & so many times, he broke the door off the hinges. Its what made him so good as Tony, but what made him so unhealthy as a person.

So between his own personal issues & playing Tony, it sounded like Gandolfini was a walking time bomb.

by Anonymousreply 123Last Monday at 4:55 AM

He was OBESE. He was almost slim when the show went on the air in 1999. He gained weight thru the years. After the show went off the air he continued to gain weight. Overeating and drinking contributed to his demise.

by Anonymousreply 124Last Monday at 5:23 AM

What cocaine use, R123? Proof of that claim?

by Anonymousreply 125Last Monday at 5:43 AM

Google it R125. Gandolfini admitted to it.

by Anonymousreply 126Last Monday at 6:04 AM

I do remember Gandolfini's heavy breathing. Not surprised about the coke.

by Anonymousreply 127Last Monday at 7:22 AM

[QUOTE] Much like lightning never strikes twice, isn't it amazing that David Chase can helm The Sopranos and Matthew Weiner can bring us Mad Men but neither have done anything of note since?

Considering how much they give us in these shows, is it really a surprise? 86 hour-long episodes. I mean what Chase is akin to churning out two decades of great movies, one year after another. We would consider that one of the most remarkable runs in Hollywood history.

The reason you can’t even make a good mafia movie anymore is because Chase & Co. explored so many different nooks and crannies that it’s almost impossible to make something with a fresh perspective. Whatever you try to do, chances are it was already in The Sopranos.

by Anonymousreply 128Last Monday at 7:26 AM

Didn't he have coke in his system when he died?

by Anonymousreply 129Last Monday at 8:06 AM

R112

It's interesting you say that. I attended a story structure seminar once.

The presenter said that most writers, even great ones, have only one theme. With Charles Dickens, for example, it was the father/son relationship.

Someone ought to start a thread on this, but I can't cause I'm a cheap whore.

by Anonymousreply 130Last Monday at 9:21 AM

I've never understood why fans can only enjoy one show. I love The Wire and The Sopranos equally. And Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Friday Night Lights, etc. I am just grateful that so many amazing shows exist.

Back to The Sopranos: What I noticed is that a lot of people thought the show was always dark and edgy, but it wasn't. It had so many hilarious scenes, like Christopher's intervention which was great from start to finish. "When I came in one morning there you were with your head in the toilet. Your hair was touching the toilet water. Disgusting. I said my piece, Chrissy!"

Or the entire episode about Paulie and Chris getting lost in the woods, looking for the Russian. Comedy gold!

by Anonymousreply 131Last Monday at 9:35 AM

The hardest scene to watch for me was not even a very violent one. But as a child of divorced parents, the Tony/Carmela fight in season 4 was just brutal. That one hit so close to home. When Carmela finally tells him about Furio, the look on Tony's face is astounding. They deserved all the awards that year, amazing.

by Anonymousreply 132Last Monday at 9:40 AM

The hardest scene to watch for me was not even a very violent one.

I think the hardest scenes were when Tony came face to face with who he really is & it genuinely pained him; the episode when he takes Meadow on a college visit and he sees the quote: No man can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude without finally getting bewildered as to which one is true. Granted, those moments never lasted long with Tony, but it felt so real - those moments when you come to some painful realization about yourself or your life that cannot be denied.

by Anonymousreply 133Last Monday at 9:54 AM

It’s a Porsche Cayenne, like the pepper

by Anonymousreply 134Last Monday at 10:00 AM

I loved Carmela's prissy viciousness. What a bitch to come to the devastated, broke Ginny Sack and show off the new Porsche Carmela's still-rich and powerful husband just gave her. Impressively cunty.

by Anonymousreply 135Last Monday at 10:06 AM

And then Tony forced the incarcerated Jonny Sack to sell his and Ginny's lovely home at a huge discount to Janice. Remember the scene where Janice is walking through the home with the decorator discussing the changes she's going to make, while Ginny is still LIVING in the house?

The Sopranos were fun to watch but terrible, terrible human beings.

by Anonymousreply 136Last Monday at 10:07 AM

I thought Michael Imperioli was fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 137Last Monday at 10:10 AM

A friend of mine once told me that he stopped watching the show because there was not enough Artie.

Yes, there is someone out there who watched The Sopranos for Artie Bucco. Wow....

by Anonymousreply 138Last Monday at 10:16 AM

I think it was Chase who said on a normal network show, the main character would be Artie and Tony would be the ominous recurring supporting character. Remember, before Tony Soprano, networks were convinced that audiences would never accept a character like Tony as the lead. Chase rejected the network offers for the Sopranos because they kept wanting to soften Tony's character. They even wanted to make him an FBI informant from the very beginning so that he was secretly a 'good' guy. Chase said no fucking way and went to HBO.

by Anonymousreply 139Last Monday at 10:18 AM

[QUOTE] They even wanted to make him an FBI informant from the very beginning so that he was secretly a 'good' guy. Chase said no fucking way and went to HBO.

And on we go with this thing of ours.

by Anonymousreply 140Last Monday at 12:26 PM

What a lucky coincidence to find this thread as I just started rewatching last week. I just finished season 3, I forgot how much I loved Junior singing at the restaurant (and how much I hate Meadow). I remember downloading the song off of Limewire or something after I saw it the first time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141Last Monday at 12:27 PM

Any love for Father Phil? I loved his plot line and Carmela's odd obsession with him.

And I really missed seeing Nancy Marchand as Livia. Another sad premature death.

by Anonymousreply 142Last Monday at 12:43 PM

I hear she didn’t suffer. And for that, we should be grateful.

by Anonymousreply 143Last Monday at 12:46 PM

How about the Russian with the stump leg? That was one tough bitch.

by Anonymousreply 144Last Monday at 12:46 PM

R144, she was one of my favorite side characters.

by Anonymousreply 145Last Monday at 3:06 PM

"Don't push me to edge!"

- The guy who killed 17 Czechoslovakians

by Anonymousreply 146Last Monday at 4:11 PM

[quote] It had so many hilarious scenes, like Christopher's intervention which was great from start to finish. "When I came in one morning there you were with your head in the toilet. Your hair was touching the toilet water. Disgusting. I said my piece, Chrissy!"

Agree. Sopranos made me laugh more than anything else. I got hooked into it after watching "Pine Barrens." The intervention scene was definitely hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 147Last Monday at 4:25 PM

Adriana projectile puking on the FBI's table was classic!

by Anonymousreply 148Last Monday at 4:46 PM

The scene that made me feel the worst was Adrianna's death. I never liked Christopher but I hated him after that

by Anonymousreply 149Last Monday at 5:25 PM

Michael Imperioli...I would have fucked him in half then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150Last Monday at 8:24 PM

YOU STOLE A WOMAN'S LEG!!

by Anonymousreply 151Last Monday at 11:28 PM

Adriana was too stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 152Last Tuesday at 12:54 AM

Adriana was too stupid to live.

Adriana seemed like this daft silly character up the point that she's flipped by the FBI; after that she's sort of like a lamb to the slaughter - someone who lacks the wits and savviness (partly due to her good heartedness and character) to survive in that shark tank.

by Anonymousreply 153Last Tuesday at 2:10 AM

While Adriana's death made me sad, too, she was no angel. She was a basically a junior league Carmela, happily reaping the rewards of other people's suffering. The shoes!

For me, the funniest scene in the series was Livia's wake. The tension between Tony and Janice, the little old lady who claimed Livia as her best friend (because she was always the first to tell you when someone died), Christopher's drug-induced ramblings. All gold.

by Anonymousreply 154Last Tuesday at 3:58 AM

R125 it's well known and accepted. He would disappear for weeks at a time.

by Anonymousreply 155Last Tuesday at 4:27 AM

People forget or don't know that The Sopranos was one of the funniest shows ever!

by Anonymousreply 156Last Tuesday at 6:19 AM

The production design was fantastic too. The Sopranos house was so North Jersey Italian tacky. You could smell the ziti through the tv!

by Anonymousreply 157Last Tuesday at 6:19 AM

My grandmother was just like Livia Soprano. It's all a big nothing.

by Anonymousreply 158Last Tuesday at 6:36 AM

In the intervention scene, Christopher telling Tony he would have an heart attack by the time he was 50. Made me laugh then, now it's kinda sad.

by Anonymousreply 159Last Tuesday at 6:42 AM

My favorite guy was Uncle Junior, I think. Those glasses!

Paraphrased: "If you're gonna lie to me tell me there's a couple of blondes in the car who wanna tongue my balls"

by Anonymousreply 160Last Tuesday at 7:27 AM

LOL R160!!!!! YES! I loved his face and those glasses. That was funny on its own.

My favorite line was when Uncle June fell in the tub

"Your mother's CUNT!"

He was such a foul mouth too.

by Anonymousreply 161Last Tuesday at 2:58 PM

I worked with Dominic Chianese (Uncle Jun) about 15 years ago and he was the sweetest and most elegant gentleman. Actually, very refined, nothing like the character he played.

Also, worked with Nancy Marchand in the 1990s. Now she was a real ball-buster. But I loved her. Incredibly smart woman with no patience for fools. She was also so much more elegant than Livia. I was so happy for her that she had this late career attention and yet it was for playing such a vulgar woman. But I hope she died happy.

by Anonymousreply 162Last Tuesday at 3:20 PM

R162- That is what I have read about him- A very intelligent, classy guy! Love that.

by Anonymousreply 163Last Tuesday at 3:59 PM

Even though they spent the last couple seasons revealing what a terrible man Tony Soprano truly is, I would’ve been heartbroken to see him get his brains blown out in front of Carmela and the kids. I’d probably never watch the last episode whenever I binge the series.

by Anonymousreply 164Last Tuesday at 4:52 PM

[quote]I worked with Dominic Chianese (Uncle Jun) about 15 years ago

He also played Johnny Ola in Godfather II.

by Anonymousreply 165Last Tuesday at 8:20 PM

That was Chase's thinking too, R164. It irritated him that many viewers seemed to be calling for Tony's brains on the wall when they'd spent years cheering him on. He denied them the bloody catharsis.

by Anonymousreply 166Last Tuesday at 11:36 PM

I know some people who watch shows that never really fall in love with characters, so I can see them wanting a bloody end just for the spectacle of it all. Like co-workers who saw Game of Thrones and thought the Red Wedding episode was “awesome.” It’s like, were you really watching the show? I don’t understand these people.

by Anonymousreply 167a day ago

One of my old roommates worked behind the scenes on "The Sopranos." She loved Gandolfini as did everyone on that set. He was a great guy. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 168a day ago

I don’t blame Chase for being somewhat exasperated by the show's fanbase. A lot of people loved the show (parts of it, anyway) while clearly not understanding it.

I always marvel at fans of things like The Sopranos, Scarface or Wall Street who fail to understand that they’re watching bad guys; all those 80s kids who thought Tony Montana was a hero and that "greed is good" was a mantra to live by.

Antiheroes have that "anti" in their title for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 169a day ago

But they also have “hero” in their title for a reason, as well. While they may be ethically compromised, they still possess admirable traits that lead fans to cheer for them. David Chase knew the success of his show depended on him creating a character who Americans would welcome into their living rooms and bedrooms Sundays at 9pm, otherwise we wouldn’t watch it. You think we were tuning in for Agent Harris?

by Anonymousreply 170a day ago

Tony was the protagonist of the show. It was all about who antagonized Tony and how he reacted. He was not the hero of the story.

by Anonymousreply 171a day ago

Then who was the hero, R171?

by Anonymousreply 172a day ago

Tony was absolutely the anti-hero of the show. He was also the protagonist. It’s possible to be both, and he was. He was so unique as a character. The best written character, I think, in modern tv.

by Anonymousreply 173a day ago

I think he was the protagonist, the anti-hero and the hero. He was all of the above. We were rooting for him during his various conflicts for a reason. Did anyone watch Mr. Ruggerio’s Neighborhood hoping that FBI wiretap would bear enough fruit to imprison Tony for life? No, we saw the FBI as pests invading the home of a family. And we laughed when Meadow took the lamp from the basement to school. Were we happy when Carmela left Tony? No, we were as disheartened as the kids were and relieved when they got back together. Don’t blame me, I didn’t write these storylines. They could’ve easily made Tony into a more repulsive man. Instead they made him a murderous, philandering yet relatable teddy bear who Americans could grow to love and that’s why the show was successful. So how could Chase be perplexed as to why we don’t want to see him get his head blown off in front of his family?

by Anonymousreply 174a day ago

Not everyone fell in love with Tony and not everyone rooted for him. 'Hero or anti-hero' designation is entirely subjective.

by Anonymousreply 175a day ago

R175, but I think nearly all viewers did. In fact, I think the viewers who didn’t see him that way quickly lost interest in the series.

by Anonymousreply 176a day ago

I'm the fat-free Cool Whip on Ginny Sack's enormous bowl of fruit salad.

by Anonymousreply 17721 hours ago

I didn't like the final episode. David Chase already admitted Tony got killed in the diner.

After Bobby Bacala's (and others') spectacular deaths in the model train store, etc., it's not plausible that Tony & family would be dining out like this. David Chase had an unmitigated need to portray Tony as a good father and, IMO, this "out with the family" scene was to serve that purpose.

In reality, Tony would have been killed in a different way, especially so soon after all the other killings.

by Anonymousreply 17821 hours ago

was the fat guy as big a coke head as rumored?

by Anonymousreply 17919 hours ago

Many a straight women I know wanted to be banged by Tony. No matter what they say, a powerful, masculine brute is a major turn on for women.

by Anonymousreply 18019 hours ago

And most gay men R180!

by Anonymousreply 18119 hours ago

I didn't find Tony Soprano that attractive. Little Paulie was a dumb guy (as a character), but I thought he was handsome. Actor is Carl Capotorto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18219 hours ago

Even the straightest, most heterosexual, macho tough guys wanted to fuck Jim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18319 hours ago

"For me it was Silvio killing Adriana."

r21 Yes , heartbreaking, These people were horrible sociopaths

by Anonymousreply 18419 hours ago

I liked the Adriana character a lot, but her getting killed off was inevitable (FBI informant). It wasn't heartbreaking, IMO, just a bummer that she was no longer going to be a character. I liked her having IBS, wearing white pants, huge hair, etc. She actually had an awesome body.

by Anonymousreply 18519 hours ago

Adriana being killed off was the most emotional for me. Yes, it was always going to happen, but that "road trip" on which she slowly realises what's going to happen was brutal.

by Anonymousreply 18619 hours ago

tAINT NO body want dat fat blubbery cock in em....gets real man!!!!

by Anonymousreply 18719 hours ago

Speak fo yo self, R187.

I would have happily banged James Gandolfini.

by Anonymousreply 18817 hours ago

I thought the actor who played Phil was really handsome.

by Anonymousreply 18916 hours ago

Phil Leotardo or Father Phil, R189?

by Anonymousreply 19016 hours ago

R190, Phil Leotardo...even though he was like 80, he was still a very good looking guy.

by Anonymousreply 19116 hours ago

Phil Leotardo was a great character and said one of the most memorable lines (re: Tony S.): "And I took his fat fucking hand in friendship." (When Tony visited Phil L. while Phil was in the hospital.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19215 hours ago

There’s no scraps in my scrapbook.

by Anonymousreply 19314 hours ago

When Janice said that Ralph "bottoms from the top" because he controlled being fucked it made me think of at least 6 guys that I have been with.

by Anonymousreply 19413 hours ago

You know what that crazy bitch was into? She wanted to stick a dildo up my ass, make believe she was pimping me out. I told her get the fuck outta here! Whole family’s nuts.

by Anonymousreply 19513 hours ago

Ralph was a great character. I liked the final fight with Tony re: Ralph supposedly killing Pie-O-My, the horse. I liked when Ralph sprayed Raid in Tony's face and insulted Tony about how much meat Tony ate (while getting incensed about the death of a horse).

by Anonymousreply 19612 hours ago

R196, I hated how Ralph treated Rachel. And then, of course, he goes and kills her.

by Anonymousreply 19712 hours ago

It’s my fault she’s a klutz?

by Anonymousreply 19812 hours ago

[bold]#TeamAdriana[/bold]

FBI AGENT 1: After you make bail you can explain to Tony Soprano why you brought an undercover federal agent into his home during Sunday dinner.

FBI AGENT 2: We’ll probably never hear about it, though. Chances are you and Christopher will just disappear.

ADRIANA: [italic](huuuuuurrrll)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19911 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!