Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Battle of the Nighttime Soaps

What would you say was your favorite Nighttime Soap vs the actual best written?

Which had the hottest male casts?

Which had the best actors?

Which had the best storylines and editing etc.?

Which were the worst, in your opinion?

I love Melrose Place, and adore Billy aka Andrew Shue. So sexy. And Marcia Cross was the best actor to come out of these shows. She was brilliant and elevated the material with her terrific acting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2020 11:11 PM

Knots Landing, hands down. It was more like a real soap opera and much more relatable. I

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 8:56 PM

Hollyoaks

The gay policeman is hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2020 8:58 PM

Soaps are hard to rank based on writing because the best soaps are never well written. Nobody likes "relatable" soaps because nobody watches a soap for relatability, they watch soaps to see Alexis and Krystal fighting in a fountain.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2020 9:09 PM

Another vote for Knots Landing. Unforgettable storylines, literate scripts, strong leads, and great cast chemistry. What a run.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2020 9:10 PM

Knots Landing was the best. Peyton Place and Dallas also were great. Next one down the list would be Falcon Crest.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2020 9:12 PM

[quote]Nobody likes "relatable" soaps because nobody watches a soap for relatability

Not true at all. The best soaps have always been relatable, but it was a "heightened reality". And when soaps were at their most popular, before Luke and Laura, they were more down to earth. As Bill Bell said, the key to good soap opera is to always feel like you're looking in on your neighbors.

Peyton Place is another soap that was excellent.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2020 9:30 PM

Dallas and Falcon Crest.. Dynasty 3rd. I never got not Knots at all

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2020 12:26 AM

Peyton Place

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2020 12:38 AM

Hey, newsflash! This is a GAY site. Knot's-fucking-Landing? Are you kidding me?

DYNASTY, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2020 12:57 AM

No love for me?

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2020 6:06 PM

Degrassi

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2020 6:22 PM

R9- the trio of Knots leading leading ladies (Joan Van Ark, Michele Lee and Donna Mills) are gay icons. Knots wasn’t as over the top as Dynasty, but still has a big gay following. Clearly.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2020 11:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!