Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen Say They Are Fraternal

But they look identical

by Anonymousreply 47January 31, 2021 12:33 PM

In my limited experience, fraternal twins tend to come across as much more alike than sisters or brothers. My mother had a fraternal twin and I remember an incident when I ran into the family living room and saw SOMETHING that was and wasn’t my mother. It’s a very creepy memory. And they really didn’t even look that much alike. Fraternal twins have the exact same womb environment and grow up in virtually identical environments. They are a lot alike.

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 7:20 PM

It would stink to be the less attractive twin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2020 7:41 PM

Daaaamn R2

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2020 7:44 PM

They also say they’re not alien fidgets. They’re quite odd and the one who married the old French guy, that made him look like a pedo and her look like a hostage.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2020 9:54 PM

I wonder how much of their 200 million dollars they have left???

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2020 8:41 AM

They’re both runts of the litter.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2020 9:59 AM

r6

Rich runts

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2020 9:32 AM

I saw them once at a Starbucks in Encino. Midgets with enormous dark circles and thin hair. Nothing special. The Russian barista towered over them and was far better looking. I wonder how anyone looked at them.

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2020 10:24 AM

Just the Sprouse twins who are identical, mind you. It's pretty obvious to tell which twin is which. Even by the last few seasons of Full House, it got more and more obvious which one was Mary-Kate and which one was Ashley. Which is likely one of the reasons the show wouldn't have continued on.

by Anonymousreply 9January 29, 2021 12:33 AM

I presume they blew their kiddie-tv fortune on cocaine, heroin and assorted other drugs.

by Anonymousreply 10January 29, 2021 12:39 AM

I'm curious about their fashion line. Is it really lucrative or not?

by Anonymousreply 11January 29, 2021 12:41 AM

Elizabeth looks very similar to both of them too, it's just how their genetics played out.

by Anonymousreply 12January 29, 2021 12:44 AM

But, have they admitted they were once cojoined yet?

by Anonymousreply 13January 29, 2021 12:46 AM

Mary-Kate had a more slender more mature face and Ashley had a wider and more childlike face. When they were tweens and teens it got more obvious.

Similar to the Sprouses. Dylan is chubbier and shorter. Cole is slender and taller. And it was obvious when they were kids too.

by Anonymousreply 14January 29, 2021 12:47 AM

Which is the one that looks like ET?

by Anonymousreply 15January 29, 2021 12:47 AM

They're not completely identical.

by Anonymousreply 16January 29, 2021 12:49 AM

They both look like ET and they had matching plastic surgeries. So weird.

by Anonymousreply 17January 29, 2021 12:49 AM

R14 Which Sprouse has the bigger dick? Who’s girthier?

by Anonymousreply 18January 29, 2021 12:50 AM

At least they aren't forcing themselves in the media. They realized they had no talent and stopped when they turned 18. They were never natural actresses. So robotic and monotone. Their stage parents robbed them of a normal childhood and they clearly are resentful of that fact.

by Anonymousreply 19January 29, 2021 12:52 AM

They always reminded me of those Troll dolls from the ‘70s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 29, 2021 12:55 AM

R20

They really weren't that cute as a young kids to be honest. They were annoying and creepy on Full House. I think they were actually pretty then developed into young women. Right before the drug abuse and anorexia. They had a generic but cute California girl look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 29, 2021 12:57 AM

Cole is the hotter Sprouse twin!

by Anonymousreply 22January 29, 2021 12:57 AM

I found the Lifetime Full House movie fascinating. They do a good job of finding actors that look like the originals. Imagine being the actor who played Bob Saget or Dave Coulier? Not quite as successful as the original. Fascinating! Love all these Unauthorized Lifetime movies. They are like crack!

by Anonymousreply 23January 29, 2021 1:12 AM

Do they still look like Gelflings from "The Dark Crystal?"

by Anonymousreply 24January 29, 2021 1:47 AM

I say they're fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 25January 29, 2021 1:54 AM

R2 and R3: Ashton's fraternal twin brother, Michael, has cerebral palsy. Now you know.

by Anonymousreply 26January 29, 2021 3:14 AM

Scarlett and Hunter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 29, 2021 3:22 AM

This appeared in “The Onion” years ago,, and it’s still just as funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 30, 2021 1:52 AM

The only reason to watch Olsen twins movies were the hot early 2000s guys in them.

Like the guy from Holiday in the Sun. But realistically he would not pick an Olsen over Megan Fox. Also the editing in their films were always so awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 30, 2021 10:42 AM

Their terrible movies were redeemed by the hot guys they featured.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 30, 2021 10:50 AM

The Olsen twins shot a movie in my office bldg. I had to watch it just to see the board room!

by Anonymousreply 31January 30, 2021 11:17 AM

SO LITTLE TIME was my shit when I was eight years old.

The twins actually did show comedic ability in that, especially their timing. I respect that, and their hustle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 30, 2021 11:28 AM

So Little Time, Two of a Kind and New York Minute were probably the highlights of their career.

by Anonymousreply 33January 30, 2021 11:41 AM

I didn't realize they'd made movies as tweens or teens or whatever where they have tits and fuckable guys in the movies.

I was under the impression that they made kids movies, as in little kids, like under eight years old.

I've actually only ever seen them smoking on the street, dressed like 50 year old bag ladies and never when they were kids at all so I'm not your go-to source on Mary Kate and Ashley.

by Anonymousreply 34January 31, 2021 4:49 AM

"I'm sorry, but those little girls look like monkeys!"

--Tracy Ullman, on why she turned down the part of the witch in the twins' "Double, Double, Toil and Trouble" (it went eventually to Cloris Leachman)

by Anonymousreply 35January 31, 2021 4:57 AM

I had a friend who was a twin and they looked almost identical and she said they weren't identical or fraternal. It was some 3rd category.

I don't know if that's true - and I've never bothered to look it up.

by Anonymousreply 36January 31, 2021 5:25 AM

r36, she was playing you for a fool, and she succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 37January 31, 2021 5:28 AM

[quote]It was some 3rd category.

Conjoined?

by Anonymousreply 38January 31, 2021 11:00 AM

Jared Padalecki was in New York Minute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 31, 2021 11:17 AM

Aussie hottie Jesse Spencer was in Winning London

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 31, 2021 11:21 AM

One is left-handed and the other right-handed, which is possible for any pair of siblings, but is the standard for identical twins. And one thing I read about this a while back (I'm not a doctor, this is just how I remember it) is that back in the time the Olsens were born, one test doctors used to determine whether twins were identical or fraternal was whether they shared the same amniotic sac or something like that. Apparently this is typically the case for identical twins, but it's not actually 100%. So if that was the basis for the claim that they are fraternal, it is possible that it was not accurate.

I'm not sure they actually look identical now though. Ashley has bigger, rounder eyes and a rounder face in general I think than Mary Kate. One of them is slightly taller than the other I believe. Non-identical siblings can look very similar.

by Anonymousreply 41January 31, 2021 11:23 AM

Tia and Tamera Mowry and Dylan and Cole Sprouse are identical twins but it's not difficult to tell them apart. Dylan and Cole more obvious because Cole is taller and thinner and scowls more and Dylan short and chubby and smiley

by Anonymousreply 42January 31, 2021 11:32 AM

R2? They’re both hideous, inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 43January 31, 2021 11:54 AM

[quote]Dylan and Cole more obvious because Cole is taller and thinner and scowls more and Dylan short and chubby and smiley

Actually now, Dylan is fit and in shape (he's been working out for a new role) while Cole has gotten chubby and bloated -rumor has it he has some major coke and alcohol problems at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 44January 31, 2021 12:26 PM

[Quote] Actually now, Dylan is fit and in shape (he's been working out for a new role) while Cole has gotten chubby and bloated -rumor has it he has some major coke and alcohol problems at the moment.

They were always like that in Suite Life. Cole was always tall and skinnier. Dylan was always short and chubby

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 31, 2021 12:30 PM

No they don’t, op

by Anonymousreply 46January 31, 2021 12:30 PM

I never thought the Sprouse twins could act. Maybe they'll prove us wrong

by Anonymousreply 47January 31, 2021 12:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!