Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

We need a Muriel appreciation thread, so this is dedicated to all things Muriel!

I know we occasionally hear from her, but I'm just curious if anyone has actually met Muriel? Or seen her? I vacillate between imagining her as Muriel of Oz..."Pay no attention to that stunning woman behind the curtain"...and the modern day Muriel Wonka, who collects our data and stats, and keeps track of WWs and FFs so that one day, one of us will get the Golden Ticket and inherit the DL cesspool we all know and love.

Anyway, thanks, Muriel, for putting up with all our shit and somehow managing to avoid lawsuits and prison time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2020 7:59 PM

And just FYI, no, I'm not Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 5:35 PM

I've been reading of the legendary Muriel on DL for ages -But I have no idea who she is. Or even who she is supposed to be? Does she own the site?

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2020 5:37 PM

Are we sure she's avoided prison time completely? Because she sure seems to be AWOL from the site most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2020 5:42 PM

Dat’s da suck-up!

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2020 5:44 PM

Ok, who exactly Muriel is ? We need some ederly Dlers here

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2020 5:49 PM

Muriel gave us a glimpse into "her" life on this AMA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2020 5:51 PM

“Muriel” is like “Dr. Who” or “James Bond”.

A code word, not a real person.

I appreciate that they mostly leave us alone, only swooping in when there’s trolls to be tagged.

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2020 5:51 PM

I think her ongoing refusal to create a proper and effective search key is bold and subversive.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2020 5:55 PM

This is how I picture Muriel, as a benevolent fairy princess bestowing her blessings on her supplicants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2020 5:58 PM

^[snorts drink out nose] sure, Jan

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2020 5:59 PM

Perhaps "M" is more than one person? A few people that manage/moderate the site. It is only a guess.

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2020 6:08 PM

Muriel? We love the bitch!

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2020 6:14 PM

I don't know her....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2020 6:34 PM

"Muriel" is the newish name for the Mediaopolis webmaster who used to go by the names Webmaster and Webby.

In one of Webby's first forays into humanity, the first of threads like r6, someone asked if Webby, IIRC, was more like Toni Colette or Rachel Griffiths in Muriel's Wedding.

Webby said Muriel.

Et VOILA, Webby has been called Muriel ever since. I believe that somewhere Muriel has said she was a woman.

Many years ago I was put on "sit-out" three times by Webby. Be nice to Muriel, she will cut a bitch. This is her crib.

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2020 6:36 PM

Who is Muriel? what is she,

That all our swains commend her?

Holy, fair, and wise is she;

The heaven such grace did lend her,

That she might admirèd be.

Is she kind as she is fair?

For beauty lives with kindness.

Love doth to her eyes repair,

To help him of his blindness;

And, being helped, inhabits there.

Then to Muriel let us sing,

That Muriel is excelling;

She excels each mortal thing

Upon the dull earth dwelling;

To her let us garlands bring

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2020 7:18 PM

Who is Muriel? Who was Muriel? Who does Muriel hope to be?

by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2020 7:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!