Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Corduroy pants: don't wear if overweight?

I'm quite overweight, and feel if I wear corduroy pants, that type of heavy material makes me look even heavier!

True?

I like the look of corduroy pants from my college years in 1978-1982, but do guys wear them anymore, whether young or older?

by Anonymousreply 2111/21/2020

You should be concerned with the combinations of: fit/tailoring and color. Cordoroy should be possible. Everyone can see you are fat but some look beyond that to see if you are well dressed.

by Anonymousreply 111/21/2020

You’re what we call a “Cordoroy Fatty”

by Anonymousreply 211/21/2020

Not to be rude but if your thighs rub together when you walk it’s going to have an unpleasant effect on the corduroy. Stick to khakis. They wear well and look good on everyone. I’m a large guy myself so I speak from experience.

by Anonymousreply 311/21/2020

“Corduroy pants: don't wear if overweight?”

And stay far away from grease—for fear of corduroy rubbing sparks igniting a grease fire, you fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 411/21/2020

Do caftans come in corduroy?

by Anonymousreply 511/21/2020

It’s not the fashion sense, OP, it’s the fire hazard that should be your concern.

by Anonymousreply 611/21/2020

I actually can't recall seeing corduroy ANYTHING in stores for the last decade? Maybe because I haven't been looking, but...

by Anonymousreply 711/21/2020

If your thighs rub together, corduroy makes an obnoxious noise.

by Anonymousreply 811/21/2020

I just bought a pair of cords at Costco. I had to buy new clothes being I have had a 15 pound Covid 19 weight gain.

by Anonymousreply 911/21/2020

It’s hard to show off your junk in cords.

by Anonymousreply 1011/21/2020

Cords?

by Anonymousreply 1111/21/2020

Choose the style more like jeans, not billowy baggy styles. Perhaps skip the really thick wale cords. I'm stocky, or thick, and find the fabric itself isn't an issue.

by Anonymousreply 1211/21/2020

[quote] really thick wale cords.

Tee hee.

The whale should avoid the wale.

by Anonymousreply 1311/21/2020

Whatever you decide, please skip pleats. It's astounding how many pairs of pleated trousers are still around; they'll only make you appear puffier.

by Anonymousreply 1411/21/2020

If I wore cords i would look like a BarcaLounger.

by Anonymousreply 1511/21/2020

Get yourself a made in Scotland kilt. They can be very forgiving on you full figured girls.

by Anonymousreply 1611/21/2020

I love slim cut navy cords on a slim man. Doesn’t work ON ME because I am HUSKY.

by Anonymousreply 1711/21/2020

Corduroy jackets, yes, corduroy trousers, no.

by Anonymousreply 1811/21/2020

Just get some pleated ones!

by Anonymousreply 1911/21/2020

Umm is it 1974? Why the fuck are you wearing corduroy?

by Anonymousreply 2011/21/2020

I have horrific memories of corduroy pants. They were our school uniform. It was Sears Toughskins through 6th grade, then "Junior High" (7th and 8th grade) it was dark blue Levi's "cords", with the patch pockets on the butt like jeans. It is not a fabric I think I could ever wear again without being triggered.

by Anonymousreply 2111/21/2020
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!