Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Corduroy pants: don't wear if overweight?

I'm quite overweight, and feel if I wear corduroy pants, that type of heavy material makes me look even heavier!

True?

I like the look of corduroy pants from my college years in 1978-1982, but do guys wear them anymore, whether young or older?

by Anonymousreply 21November 21, 2020 10:04 PM

You should be concerned with the combinations of: fit/tailoring and color. Cordoroy should be possible. Everyone can see you are fat but some look beyond that to see if you are well dressed.

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 5:02 PM

You’re what we call a “Cordoroy Fatty”

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2020 5:04 PM

Not to be rude but if your thighs rub together when you walk it’s going to have an unpleasant effect on the corduroy. Stick to khakis. They wear well and look good on everyone. I’m a large guy myself so I speak from experience.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2020 5:07 PM

“Corduroy pants: don't wear if overweight?”

And stay far away from grease—for fear of corduroy rubbing sparks igniting a grease fire, you fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2020 5:11 PM

Do caftans come in corduroy?

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2020 5:14 PM

It’s not the fashion sense, OP, it’s the fire hazard that should be your concern.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2020 5:16 PM

I actually can't recall seeing corduroy ANYTHING in stores for the last decade? Maybe because I haven't been looking, but...

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2020 5:17 PM

If your thighs rub together, corduroy makes an obnoxious noise.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2020 5:20 PM

I just bought a pair of cords at Costco. I had to buy new clothes being I have had a 15 pound Covid 19 weight gain.

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2020 5:51 PM

It’s hard to show off your junk in cords.

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2020 5:55 PM

Cords?

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2020 6:05 PM

Choose the style more like jeans, not billowy baggy styles. Perhaps skip the really thick wale cords. I'm stocky, or thick, and find the fabric itself isn't an issue.

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2020 6:17 PM

[quote] really thick wale cords.

Tee hee.

The whale should avoid the wale.

by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2020 6:41 PM

Whatever you decide, please skip pleats. It's astounding how many pairs of pleated trousers are still around; they'll only make you appear puffier.

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2020 6:58 PM

If I wore cords i would look like a BarcaLounger.

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2020 7:45 PM

Get yourself a made in Scotland kilt. They can be very forgiving on you full figured girls.

by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2020 8:27 PM

I love slim cut navy cords on a slim man. Doesn’t work ON ME because I am HUSKY.

by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2020 8:42 PM

Corduroy jackets, yes, corduroy trousers, no.

by Anonymousreply 18November 21, 2020 8:58 PM

Just get some pleated ones!

by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2020 9:03 PM

Umm is it 1974? Why the fuck are you wearing corduroy?

by Anonymousreply 20November 21, 2020 9:12 PM

I have horrific memories of corduroy pants. They were our school uniform. It was Sears Toughskins through 6th grade, then "Junior High" (7th and 8th grade) it was dark blue Levi's "cords", with the patch pockets on the butt like jeans. It is not a fabric I think I could ever wear again without being triggered.

by Anonymousreply 21November 21, 2020 10:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!