Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jan Hooks

Just curious what happened to her? In 1990 she was drop dead gorgeous. In the years right before her untimely death, she no longer looked like the Jan Hooks from SNL and Coneheads. I get people age and menopause can hit hard, but dang. Wasn't she a smoker or had a hereditary illness?

At least she still had a beautiful smile.

Attached link shows pics throughout the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24Last Saturday at 7:43 AM

She died several years ago. That will take a toll on anyone's looks.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Saturday at 7:07 AM

R1- There was a VERY good thread about her here that would answer all your questions. I will see if I can find it

She was very secretive about her illness but the consensus was that she had throat cancer I believe, which was definitely brought on by drinking and smoking..

(I may be wrong about all of this)

by Anonymousreply 2Last Saturday at 7:09 AM

[quote] Wasn't she a smoker or had a hereditary illness?

You must already know the answers if that's how you phrase the question.

Can't wait to see the agenda unfold in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3Last Saturday at 7:10 AM

Yes I remember that thread too!!! I fell in love with her house, it was upstate NY I believe.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Saturday at 7:10 AM

She had cancer but also it seems pretty clear she was mentally ill. Even before her illness she was often secretive and unstable.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Saturday at 7:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6Last Saturday at 7:11 AM

Jesus Christ R3. Leave them alone.

OP, here is your thread-

I suggest using that one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7Last Saturday at 7:11 AM

We've had NUMEROUS, long threads on the lovely Ms. Hooks over the years.

Many of them seem to have been started by someone who just LOVED them some bullet points.

I would never police anyone's discussion, but this is a topic that has been rather exhaustively explored, so.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8Last Saturday at 7:13 AM

RIP Jan Hooks Part 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9Last Saturday at 7:16 AM

Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10Last Saturday at 7:16 AM

The self-appointed medical experts decided she "definitely" gave herself cancer by smoking and drinking because she was heartbroken.

The truth is no one knows why she got cancer.

She had throat cancer that didn't respond to treatment. The only option was a laryngectomy and they couldn't guarantee the cancer wouldn't come back anyway, so she didn't go through the surgery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11Last Saturday at 7:16 AM

DEMONIC RAISINS! I REBUKE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 12Last Saturday at 7:20 AM

Why does she look so bad today?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13Last Saturday at 7:21 AM

There sure is someone on this thread with their own agenda who has a post death hard on for the lovely Jan Hooks. And it's not the OP.

And yeah bitch, chances are Jan got throat cancer from SMOKING. And if she was a heavy drinker (that I have only seen rumored) then it is like holding a loaded gun.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Saturday at 7:23 AM

[quote] I would never police anyone's discussion, but this is a topic that has been rather exhaustively explored, so.....

Yes, and OP knows that. He likes to go after celebrities, living or dead, and find minutiae to try and exploit. My favorite is when he tried to take down Amy Irving.

Boris currently works in random department at the russian internet troll farm.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Saturday at 7:24 AM

Cranky because someone posted the link before you, R14?

Eat a cookie and grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Saturday at 7:26 AM

[quote] I would never police anyone's discussion, but

That should be the Datalounge motto.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Saturday at 7:31 AM

I tried to search a Jan Hooks post, so I thought I would create one. I didn’t mean to ruffle any feathers or anything, I was legitimately curious.

by Anonymousreply 18Last Saturday at 7:31 AM

Can someone shit in R15's mouth with all this Boris nonsense. Russia is out to tarnish Jan Hook's legacy?

If I ever see the name Jan Hooks again on this site, I am running.

by Anonymousreply 19Last Saturday at 7:32 AM

She stopped trying. When people get depressed they gain weight. She wasn’t bleaching her hair & fussing with it anymore. She stopped wearing makeup. She didn’t get plastic surgery when her face stretched & drooped, like many Irish faces do. She drank. She was shy, moody & somewhat antisocial. If she’d been a man, she would've had plenty of jobs post-SNL & would’ve been married 4x. Look at Phil Hartman. Depressed guy who became sexually obsessed with women, stalked them, married them, lost interest and dumped them, became obsessed with someone else. That’s how men are. Women are generally more withdrawn, less sexual & more self critical.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Saturday at 7:33 AM

R18, well you have now been provided several links that can satisfy your curiosity.

BTW, I don't believe you. The threads are available in a search.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Saturday at 7:34 AM

R20 played his hand early. It only took 20 posts in for his agenda reveal.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Saturday at 7:38 AM

I'm linking to this bit of loveliness in hopes of diverting the tone of this thread away from all of the rancor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23Last Saturday at 7:38 AM

Bravo, r23, and thank you.

by Anonymousreply 24Last Saturday at 7:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!