Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jan Hooks

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 30, 2021 1:35 PM

She died several years ago. That will take a toll on anyone's looks.

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 4:07 PM

R1- There was a VERY good thread about her here that would answer all your questions. I will see if I can find it

She was very secretive about her illness but the consensus was that she had throat cancer I believe, which was definitely brought on by drinking and smoking..

(I may be wrong about all of this)

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2020 4:09 PM

[quote] Wasn't she a smoker or had a hereditary illness?

You must already know the answers if that's how you phrase the question.

Can't wait to see the agenda unfold in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2020 4:10 PM

Yes I remember that thread too!!! I fell in love with her house, it was upstate NY I believe.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2020 4:10 PM

She had cancer but also it seems pretty clear she was mentally ill. Even before her illness she was often secretive and unstable.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2020 4:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2020 4:11 PM

Jesus Christ R3. Leave them alone.

OP, here is your thread-

I suggest using that one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2020 4:11 PM

We've had NUMEROUS, long threads on the lovely Ms. Hooks over the years.

Many of them seem to have been started by someone who just LOVED them some bullet points.

I would never police anyone's discussion, but this is a topic that has been rather exhaustively explored, so.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2020 4:13 PM

RIP Jan Hooks Part 1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2020 4:16 PM

Part 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2020 4:16 PM

The self-appointed medical experts decided she "definitely" gave herself cancer by smoking and drinking because she was heartbroken.

The truth is no one knows why she got cancer.

She had throat cancer that didn't respond to treatment. The only option was a laryngectomy and they couldn't guarantee the cancer wouldn't come back anyway, so she didn't go through the surgery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2020 4:16 PM

DEMONIC RAISINS! I REBUKE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2020 4:20 PM

Why does she look so bad today?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2020 4:21 PM

There sure is someone on this thread with their own agenda who has a post death hard on for the lovely Jan Hooks. And it's not the OP.

And yeah bitch, chances are Jan got throat cancer from SMOKING. And if she was a heavy drinker (that I have only seen rumored) then it is like holding a loaded gun.

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2020 4:23 PM

[quote] I would never police anyone's discussion, but this is a topic that has been rather exhaustively explored, so.....

Yes, and OP knows that. He likes to go after celebrities, living or dead, and find minutiae to try and exploit. My favorite is when he tried to take down Amy Irving.

Boris currently works in random department at the russian internet troll farm.

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2020 4:24 PM

Cranky because someone posted the link before you, R14?

Eat a cookie and grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2020 4:26 PM

[quote] I would never police anyone's discussion, but

That should be the Datalounge motto.

by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2020 4:31 PM

I tried to search a Jan Hooks post, so I thought I would create one. I didn’t mean to ruffle any feathers or anything, I was legitimately curious.

by Anonymousreply 18November 21, 2020 4:31 PM

Can someone shit in R15's mouth with all this Boris nonsense. Russia is out to tarnish Jan Hook's legacy?

If I ever see the name Jan Hooks again on this site, I am running.

by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2020 4:32 PM

She stopped trying. When people get depressed they gain weight. She wasn’t bleaching her hair & fussing with it anymore. She stopped wearing makeup. She didn’t get plastic surgery when her face stretched & drooped, like many Irish faces do. She drank. She was shy, moody & somewhat antisocial. If she’d been a man, she would've had plenty of jobs post-SNL & would’ve been married 4x. Look at Phil Hartman. Depressed guy who became sexually obsessed with women, stalked them, married them, lost interest and dumped them, became obsessed with someone else. That’s how men are. Women are generally more withdrawn, less sexual & more self critical.

by Anonymousreply 20November 21, 2020 4:33 PM

R18, well you have now been provided several links that can satisfy your curiosity.

BTW, I don't believe you. The threads are available in a search.

by Anonymousreply 21November 21, 2020 4:34 PM

R20 played his hand early. It only took 20 posts in for his agenda reveal.

by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2020 4:38 PM

I'm linking to this bit of loveliness in hopes of diverting the tone of this thread away from all of the rancor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 21, 2020 4:38 PM

Bravo, r23, and thank you.

by Anonymousreply 24November 21, 2020 4:43 PM

Jan Hooks as Tammy Wynette singing the classics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 30, 2021 3:29 AM

Jan Hooks as Kathie Lee Gifford.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 30, 2021 3:37 AM

She was very talented but hardly beautiful.

Here's the opening of Designing Women. Which one of the ladies doesn't belong? (And I don't mean Meshach Taylor).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 30, 2021 3:54 AM

This thread is created by the same Jan Hooks Stan who created tho other ones. It is even possible - THE HORROR - that this stan is ALSO the Gia Carangi stan, who much create faux naive threads annually to discuss his beloved Gia.

by Anonymousreply 28January 30, 2021 12:31 PM

She was NOT beautiful...mildly attractive yes....and very talented!

by Anonymousreply 29January 30, 2021 1:11 PM

She was never “gorgeous,” OP, but she was cute and had a lovely smile. I didn’t follow her career after SNL but I really enjoyed her characters on the show.

I loved Nora Dunn, too. It’s crazy to go back and watch skit from that time and think that anyone found Victoria Jackson funny.

by Anonymousreply 30January 30, 2021 1:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!