Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Immune To The Effects Of Alcohol

Have any of you noticed a pronounced tendency to NOT get drunk no matter how much you drink? I seem to be able to drink, and drink, and drink, and NOTHIN! Just a nice, minimally sedated, calming feeling.

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2020 5:16 PM

I’m the opposite. My meds plus alcohol will have me floored within two drinks. It saves me money in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 3:55 PM

I don't drink but I have had a couple drinks in my life (to look sociable) and nothing happened.

I smoked marijuana once and everyone got high except me.

I can also fall right to sleep after drinking high-caffeine drinks like espresso.

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2020 3:57 PM

"You you still get drunk..." OP, you type drunk.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2020 3:58 PM

It's called "tolerance". But it will fade with age and then you will have become accustomed to drinking too much and your body won't handle it as well. That's when situational alcoholism will get you.

If that doesn't scare you then this might: you will inevitably get an unattractive gut that will render you unfuckable.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2020 4:00 PM

Its an easy fix. If you want to get drunk, drink more.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2020 4:00 PM

Interestingly enough, this happens to me every now and then. I can slam back 4-6 drinks (usually vodka) in a short time span and feel absolutely nothing. Then a day later, I can drink a 1/2 glass of wine/beer and be absolutely smashed. This happened off and on throughout my life. Odd.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2020 4:04 PM

OP I will let you know in 5 hours or so!

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2020 4:12 PM

Has anyone's tolerance decreased as they have gotten older? At 40, after 2-3 drinks I sleep terribly with an awful hangover the next day. I enjoy having a few drinks, but the hangover is not worth it which is a problem. And this is just with a couple of glasses of wine or 2 drinks at a happy hour, 3-4 hours before going to bed.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2020 4:38 PM

It'sh jusht a twisht in my shobriety.

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2020 5:01 PM

R2, you usually don't get that high the first few times you smoke. Especially if it was a number of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2020 5:04 PM

Are you a redhead OP ? Redheads have high tolerance for ethanol, medications, notably anesthetics (they're prone to wake up during anesthesia)

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2020 5:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!