Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Glassing"

I had no idea this was such a big thing in Australia and the UK.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Americans are often called Deplorable trash by the Brits and Aussies, but at least we don't do this kind of shit.

Stupid bunch of drunk assholes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2020 2:46 PM

Datalounge fave Hugh Sheridan was a victim of glassing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 8:09 AM

*shrug* Well, it's better than being shot. By people or the police.

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2020 8:29 AM

Is it though? Given a choice between non-fatal gunshot and having a broken bottle neck stuck in my eyeball, I'd take the shooting.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2020 11:04 AM

Trump's Russian mafia friend Felix Sater got sent to prison for it. So not an exclusively Australia and UK thing by any means.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2020 2:20 PM

I’ll never understand the human species.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2020 2:23 PM

It's common in the UK too. Must be an anglo thing.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2020 2:34 PM

Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2020 2:36 PM

[quote] It's common in the UK too. Must be an anglo thing.

The Wiki article says that it's big in Australia and the UK.

Probably because the average citizen can't carry a gun, like we can in the US. Otherwise, both those countries would be just like us, in terms of gun violence.

So instead, they use whatever weapon they can get their hands on, usually a bottle or a knife.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2020 2:41 PM

Gunning or glassing, it's still deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2020 2:44 PM

Just don't drink with straight people in bars and it's all completely avoidable.

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2020 2:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!