Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Andrew Cuomo to receive Emmy award for televised Covid briefings

Governor to receive award for ‘masterful use’ of TV but critics say it ignores problems New York experienced amid pandemic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98March 19, 2021 3:22 AM

I guess killing thousands of people in nursing homes wasn’t an issue for the Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 8:42 PM

A controversial choice

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2020 8:44 PM

Will you and your idiot brother wear masks or is that just for peasants?

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2020 8:51 PM

They are just doing that to poke Trump.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2020 9:10 PM

No evidence at all that his policies killed people in elderly homes. The virus had already gone haywire long before any of this policies were put into place

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2020 9:10 PM

He showed true leadership while Trump used his briefings as exercises in malignant narcissism

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2020 9:11 PM

trump should get the Emmy for suggesting we all inject bleach

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2020 9:11 PM

Cuomo’s briefing we’re definitely perky a bright spot in the pandemic. He provided amazing leadership

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2020 9:12 PM

Nipple ring gate l!

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2020 9:13 PM

wtf

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2020 9:15 PM

I'm sure the local press is going to be thrilled with this news.... /s

Expect a #MeToo like investigation into the Emmy organization to magically appear in the New York Times or the ComPost by early next year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2020 9:19 PM

They’re giving awards to politicians for doing their job now?

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2020 9:20 PM

Says it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 16, 2020 6:52 PM

And what was the President doing...out golfing with Miss Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 14December 16, 2020 6:56 PM

This is brilliant. This is the kind of award that has meaning for the recipient, the giver, and the medium.

He was brilliant. Congrats governor! Congrats Emmy!

by Anonymousreply 15December 16, 2020 9:23 PM

New York media giving an award to the New York governor. Meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 16December 17, 2020 1:32 AM

It's because it IS New York that it carries any meaning whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 17December 18, 2020 11:04 AM

Well deserved!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 18, 2020 11:07 AM

So it really is possible to give a virtual blowjob.

by Anonymousreply 19December 18, 2020 11:15 AM

He’s a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 20December 18, 2020 11:35 AM

I plan to use clips of his conferences when we do Federalism in AP Government in the spring. He has a real knack for explaining complex constitutional issues.

by Anonymousreply 21December 18, 2020 11:38 AM

R1, His fault lay in first believing Trump. Cuomo soon corrected course.

But you know that.

by Anonymousreply 22December 18, 2020 11:58 AM

R12, Just like awards are given to actors doing their jobs, athletes doing their jobs,....

by Anonymousreply 23December 18, 2020 12:00 PM

He did his job spectacularly. That's why. It's like some athletes get medals and most don't.

by Anonymousreply 24December 18, 2020 12:02 PM

what a clown show.

by Anonymousreply 25December 18, 2020 12:04 PM

It’s an Emmy, good for him. But, also who cares? Oh, I know who might....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 18, 2020 12:22 PM

Cuomo should get an award for changing the TAPPAN ZEE bridge to the MARIO CUOMO bridge- NOT.

by Anonymousreply 27December 18, 2020 12:39 PM

Besides New Yorkers - who else would watch the NY Governor talk about NY Covid?

Answer: Nobody

This is the petulant guy who whined when neighboring states tried to protect themselves from infectious New Yorkers.

This Emmy is baloney.

by Anonymousreply 28December 18, 2020 1:04 PM

You can say what you want about him, but he was the only person giving credible advice and educating the public about Covid

fauci and birx sucked. wishy washy assholes who capitulated to trump and got people killed

by Anonymousreply 29December 18, 2020 1:11 PM

But he wasn't, R29.

by Anonymousreply 30December 18, 2020 1:12 PM

Andrew and his brother are very reminiscent of George and Lenny.

by Anonymousreply 31December 18, 2020 1:20 PM

R28 - in the beginning of the pandemic, both CNN, MSNBC and the major stations like ABC, CBS and NBC were all covering Cuomo's daily briefings LIVE. Lots of people from around the world saw this coverage so you don't obviously know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 32December 18, 2020 1:25 PM

[quote] in the beginning of the pandemic, both CNN, MSNBC and the major stations like ABC, CBS and NBC were all covering Cuomo's daily briefings LIVE.

Earth to New Yorkers.

Most people were interested in local Covid news. If you are a New Yorker, you might be interested in Cuomo. Otherwise, people watched their local news for local facts and local statistics on the virus.

Non New Yorkers couldn't give a shit about this asshole.

More proof of the NY centric focus of the media and these awards.

This Emmy is baloney.

by Anonymousreply 33December 18, 2020 1:59 PM

R33 - Earth to Asshole.

These are the facts ...in the spring at the height of the NY pandemic, Cuomo's live briefings went around the country and the world. Now, the same networks can't be bothered to show him even though the country is being walloped by Covid.

Are you just ignorant or a Troll who likes to spread misinformation? Whatever the answer, you really are too stupid to post here. Begone!

by Anonymousreply 34December 18, 2020 2:06 PM

lol he killed all the old people.

by Anonymousreply 35December 18, 2020 2:07 PM

R34, you must be AC himself.

So, now it's "misinformation" to mention that people were more interested in the Covid information for their own state/county/or city?

Really? MISINFORMATION???

Get real, TERT, and begone and creep away yourself.

by Anonymousreply 36December 18, 2020 2:26 PM

Well, he tried really hard. Just ignore those thousands of bodies stacked up in funeral homes all over New York.

by Anonymousreply 37December 18, 2020 2:31 PM

R37 - the last time I checked, NY was 46th out of 50 states for elderly home deaths so they're not the worst state by any means. You do know that the elderly (many with underlying conditions) who live in congregate settings are the most vulnerable, right? Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 38December 18, 2020 2:49 PM

All my friends and I here in PA, r28!

We agree with Randy Rainbow!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 18, 2020 2:52 PM

R33, You are being deliberately obtuse.

In early days, Gov. Cuomo was the ONLY major government official to offer calm, rational, and truthful info about THE most affected state, at the time. In this regard, he was the political counterpart to Dr. Fauci.

He was on CNN and MSNBC and hence, whether you like it or not, WATCHED BY WHOEVER WATCHES THOSE MAJOR NETWORKS. Capisce?!

He let us know of Trump’s shenanigans with the delivery, or not, of essential preventative equipment. This was NATIONAL NEWS. Viewers could extrapolate for their own states' futures.

Many times Cuomo was shown on a split screen, with the other section showing Covid-19 infection and death rates elsewhere.

R35, Go do your homework. This ain't a snow day.

R31, Not nearly as clever as you imagine.

by Anonymousreply 40December 18, 2020 3:05 PM

So, he's being given an award for presiding over the largest death rate in the country at the time, the most cases, and for putting Covid patients into nursing homes. And some complain about Trump being rewarded for incompetence.

by Anonymousreply 41December 18, 2020 3:19 PM

R41 - my God, you are dumb. An Emmy isn't for those things, asswipe. It's for the briefings themselves.

by Anonymousreply 42December 18, 2020 3:21 PM

Cuomo showed the leadership Trump and the White House Team lacked as the pandemic spread. He was calm and straightforward--no pushing of sketchy drugs or injecting bleach.

After devastating weeks early in the pandemic (when no one could have stopped the deaths in such a dense city as NYC because we just didn't know enough about Covid), Cuomo's policies kept positivity rates way down in the summer. Even now, as we deal with the holiday spikes, NY's numbers are the 4th lowest in the country. He follows the science and it has worked.

Specious comparisons with Florida (which were posted earlier on this thread) are a perfect example of lying with statistics. No city is Florida is anywhere near the density of NYC. Even then, currently, Miami-Dade's positivity rates are higher than NYC's. Most of NY's deaths were very early in the pandemic. Florida lies about its numbers and arrests the data scientist who shows it.

by Anonymousreply 43December 18, 2020 3:54 PM

Andy boy is also destroying the economy of New York, especially restaurants. Sign in window of a nearby eatery ... "Vaffanculo In Tutte Le Linque, Cuomo!!!" with image of middle finger

by Anonymousreply 44December 18, 2020 4:40 PM

R44 - Cuomo is trying to keep people safe from illness and/or dying.

Hopefully, stats will get better soon and restaurants can open again for dining indoors. He's trying to balance health vs. economy. It's not a perfect system but I'd rather have him as a governor looking out for people than any Republican idiot who lies, unsafely opens everything up and then sits back and watches the hospitals getting overwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 45December 18, 2020 4:45 PM

[quote] So, he's being given an award for presiding over the largest death rate in the country at the time, the most cases, and for putting Covid patients into nursing homes.

The early death rates aren't all his fault, but the nursing homes deaths are 100% on him.

by Anonymousreply 46December 19, 2020 6:38 PM

This is dumb. Emmy Awards should be about entertainment.

Yes, at some points I felt an unusual urge to masturbate to his briefings, which would have entertained me, but I doubt that was his intention.

This is just going to piss of those that hate him, and he doesn't need more fuel for those fires.

by Anonymousreply 47December 19, 2020 6:56 PM

R38 Please try to be less ignorant. Two seconds of research would have shown that NY state is manipulating their nursing home data:

“...New York state is one notable case: The state does not report the number of COVID-19 cases that have occurred in its nursing homes, so it is ranked #45 in this story. However, about 6,600 residents and staff of long-term care facilities have died of COVID-19 in the state—the second-highest LTC death toll of any state. And this number may be an undercount, according to recent reporting by the Associated Press.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 23, 2020 2:11 PM

[quote] The early death rates aren't all his fault, but the nursing homes deaths are 100% on him.

Absolutely NOT.

Research shows people are far more likely to spread Covid before they become symptomatic themselves. There is little, if any evidence, that sending the covid patients to be isolated in their nursing home rooms AFTER their hospital stays led to more nursing home cases.

In fact, he was following the guidance of the health dept.

by Anonymousreply 49December 23, 2020 2:42 PM

[quote] This is dumb. Emmy Awards should be about entertainment.

The Emmy awards are for excellence on TV, whether you're entertained or not

by Anonymousreply 50December 23, 2020 2:43 PM

Kornacki deserves it more than Cuomo.

by Anonymousreply 51December 23, 2020 3:19 PM

His shtick with Chris deserves a comedy Emmy of its own.

by Anonymousreply 52December 23, 2020 4:33 PM

I guess we know who the left wing media want for president in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 53December 23, 2020 4:35 PM

Pete of course.

by Anonymousreply 54December 23, 2020 4:39 PM

Murderer of elderly in nursing homes.

by Anonymousreply 55December 23, 2020 5:29 PM

If he had been governor of Idaho and done the same thing, there would be no talk of such a thing.

by Anonymousreply 56December 23, 2020 6:16 PM

This is fucking mentally retarded.

by Anonymousreply 57December 23, 2020 6:31 PM

[quote] If he had been governor of Idaho and done the same thing, there would be no talk of such a thing.

No one cares what the governor of Idaho has to say. No one

by Anonymousreply 58December 23, 2020 6:33 PM

[quote] Murderer of elderly in nursing homes.

Um no.

by Anonymousreply 59December 23, 2020 6:34 PM

"No one cares what the governor of Idaho has to say. No one"

And no one outside of New York gave a shit about Cuomo. He is a non-entity.

by Anonymousreply 60December 23, 2020 8:46 PM

That's why we are talking about this um non entity.

by Anonymousreply 61December 23, 2020 8:59 PM

An entity, for New Yorkers only.

by Anonymousreply 62December 23, 2020 11:28 PM

[Quote] And no one outside of New York gave a shit about Cuomo. He is a non-entity.

Hmm, wonder why his Covid press conferences were carried by stations nationally then

by Anonymousreply 63December 24, 2020 3:26 AM

I guess he’s getting an Emmy Award because he’s a nonentity

by Anonymousreply 64December 24, 2020 3:27 AM

[quote] wonder why his Covid press conferences were carried by stations nationally then

Perhaps because the media is NY (and Washington) focused. The companies are there. Their news writers live there. It is home to them and they are focused on their home.

It's not hard to understand at all.

But that doesn't mean that the rest of the country shares their fascination with NY. And its governor.

by Anonymousreply 65December 24, 2020 3:51 AM

YAY looks like everything caused by COVID-19 was all worth it in the end!! Thank you Emmys!

by Anonymousreply 66December 24, 2020 4:26 AM

It will be so wonderful to see him on the red carpet to accept the award.

Probably the most important event of the decade.

Not.

Are we approaching our "let them eat cake (brioche)" moment yet? I'm really starting to get tired of these elitist fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 67December 24, 2020 4:37 AM

The media focused on Cuomo because he was doing what Trump should have been.

When people were desperate for leadership, only Cuomo exhibited any.

He deserves the Emmy

by Anonymousreply 68December 26, 2020 3:14 AM

w i l l h e t a l k r e a l s l o w l i k e h e ' s s p e c i a l ?

by Anonymousreply 69December 26, 2020 3:17 AM

Big deal. Emmys are meaningless. I have a box of them. I didn't even bother attending the ceremony the first time I won even though I was an unknown actress. I knew there were better things coming.

And not to rub it in but even G has 3 of them.

by Anonymousreply 70December 26, 2020 3:53 AM

He’s now shown the world what a fucking prick he really is.

by Anonymousreply 71February 3, 2021 3:55 PM

[quote] No evidence at all that his policies killed people in elderly homes. The virus had already gone haywire long before any of this policies were put into place

As if either you or the Emmy board would even consider excusing Trump on the same partially legitimate grounds.

by Anonymousreply 72February 3, 2021 4:41 PM

I wish he had gotten a Tony. Then there would have been a HUGE dance number celebrating New York.

by Anonymousreply 73February 3, 2021 4:46 PM

This is fucked up. "And the winner for best pandemic performance is...." Just utterly tasteless. He should refuse.

by Anonymousreply 74February 3, 2021 5:42 PM

The WORST Gov in the country.

by Anonymousreply 75February 3, 2021 7:02 PM

So his many lies are going to be rewarded??? His murder of the elderly he knowingly sent to death chambers in nursing home, 50% more deaths than were reported will be rewarded? His claims that he didn't know they had covid in Italy when everyone here knew that in January 2020 almost a thousand a day were dying in Italy. It was on every American news show. That Cuomo tried to take away home health aids for the severely disabled/elderly and send them to nursing homes a year before Covid existed only an honest, caring judge stopped him proves that Cuomo is getting kickbacks from nursing home. OMG, yes, reward him for all that. Fuck!

by Anonymousreply 76February 3, 2021 7:07 PM

With the stroke of a pen, Cuomo prevented nursing homes from being sued. If the restaurant industry had funded Cuomo the way nursing homes did, we would have been eating indoors long ago. Lobbyists, not scientists make his decisions.

by Anonymousreply 77February 4, 2021 12:32 AM

Cuomo, despite all the flack, has done a great job with COVID. The infection rates are among the lowest in the country. The vaccination rates are high.

His briefings were exactly what one should expect from a leader, not the BS briefings Trump gave.

The right is trying to blame all the long term care infections on him, but the science shows that his policies likely didn't increase covid deaths there. In fact, long term care deaths are raging throughout the country, even in states that didn't return COVID survivors to the same homes.

He actually did well. Don't believe the naysayers.

by Anonymousreply 78February 4, 2021 1:08 PM

[quote] His murder of the elderly he knowingly sent to death chambers in nursing home, 50% more deaths than were reported will be rewarded?

Wow, do you actually read past a headline?

Cuomo followed the guidance of his Dept of Health, which said it was safe to send the elderly back after hospitals stays for COVID because people tend not to be far less infective AFTER they show symptoms. With NYC being the epicenter early in the pandemic, there was a real crunch for hospital beds. If nursing homes were their homes, they went back to their homes. States that didn't send their elderly back still have raging infections in their nursing homes. It's the staff that brings it in.

As for the more deaths than reported, the NY Secretary of Health disputed this by shows that NY ALWAYS reports deaths that way. You are listed as dying where you died. They have the data of who came from a nursing homes before they died in the hospital readily and publicly available.

by Anonymousreply 79February 4, 2021 1:13 PM

[quote] Cuomo followed the guidance of his Dept of Health

Are you a PR flack for Cuomo, R79? You know very well that's been completely debunked.

by Anonymousreply 80February 4, 2021 1:17 PM

R80, actually it hasn't been debunked AT ALL.

The NY State Dept of Health and CDC guidelines are all publicly available on their websites.

by Anonymousreply 81February 4, 2021 7:34 PM

Cuomo is toast politically

by Anonymousreply 82February 16, 2021 10:56 AM

What a joke that is.

by Anonymousreply 83February 16, 2021 11:11 AM

I see the Trump cock suckers and ass lickers are here at R80 through 83, sanctimoniously pontificating about the sanctity of life and all that other happy horseshit from the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 84February 16, 2021 11:14 AM

What bullshit you spout R84.

Dislike of Cuomo has nothing to do with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 85February 16, 2021 11:21 AM

Au contraire, Trump troll @R85.

The only thing you and your fellow Republican trolls care about is money and power. As we saw on January 6th, human life is quite expendable, especially when it's to further the cause of the Orange Haired Baboon.

That you try to hide your partisan politics behind sanctity of life, law and order, pseudo patriotism and faux religion is laughable, as anyone with half a brain can see your bullshit a mile away.

by Anonymousreply 86February 16, 2021 11:57 AM

Cuomo was too busy writing a self-love book to care about the people he sent to their deaths. If his mother, Mathilda, had Covid she'd be in a suite at Mount Sinai or NYU.

by Anonymousreply 87February 16, 2021 12:18 PM

Is R81 eating crow now?

by Anonymousreply 88February 16, 2021 10:32 PM

More.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89February 25, 2021 3:04 PM

I don't see how he can get an Emmy now, since the industry is filled with #MeTooers. Look for it to be rescinded.

by Anonymousreply 90March 3, 2021 2:22 AM

I think it's silly and a little insensitive to give an Emmy for something like that. Years ago, they gave an Emmy to a Sports newscaster who was reporting on the Munich kidnappings and hostage taking during the Olympics. Giving an award for reporting on tragedy just seems awkward.

by Anonymousreply 91March 3, 2021 2:40 AM

[quote] I guess killing thousands of people in nursing homes wasn’t an issue for the Emmys.

1000X

by Anonymousreply 92March 3, 2021 3:00 AM

"Years ago, they gave an Emmy to a Sports newscaster who was reporting on the Munich kidnappings and hostage taking during the Olympics. Giving an award for reporting on tragedy just seems awkward."

It was Jim McKay who was on the sir for fourteen straight hours reporting on the killings in Munich. He deserved the award. Cuomo does not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93March 3, 2021 12:13 PM

Toxic crooked fucker.

by Anonymousreply 94March 8, 2021 6:54 PM

[quote] I guess killing thousands of people in nursing homes wasn’t an issue for the Emmys.

Of course it doesn't matter. They were peasants. I bet not one of them had ever been invited to Anna WIntour's gala

by Anonymousreply 95March 8, 2021 7:07 PM

Exacto

by Anonymousreply 96March 8, 2021 10:22 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 8, 2021 11:23 PM

Hits keep coming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98March 19, 2021 3:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!