Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DataLounge in The Olden Days

What do you miss about DataLounge from years ago?

I miss the DL comments about how crazy Rosie O'Donnell was and her team of frau supporters who commented on her blog. You think the stuff about Meghan Markle is wicked? The stuff about Rosie was a hundred times worse. But Rosie really was insufferable between telling the world everytime Vivi farted and writing her weird poetry. And when Rosie came out with the tv movie "Riding The Bus With My Sister" DataLounge went into overdrive. I'm surprised they didn't break the internet.

by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2020 3:45 AM

The waters.

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 2:48 AM

I miss talking about obscure old movies of the 70s and stuff like that, with the elder gays. now I'm the elder gay.

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2020 2:59 AM

In olden days, a glimpse of stocking

Was looked on as something shocking.

But now, god knows,

Anything goes!

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2020 3:01 AM

I miss the posts that used to make me laugh out loud. What happened to those posters?

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2020 3:05 AM

[quote] What happened to those posters?

They died.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2020 3:07 AM

We all greeted each other with a tip of the hat, a nice cheery wave or a warm smile back then. Now, it's all verificia this, f-off Boris tha, and would it a killed you to do a search first?

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2020 3:07 AM

[quote]I miss the posts that used to make me laugh out loud. What happened to those posters?

They left when Muriel started charging.

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2020 3:07 AM

Separate politics and gossip forums.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2020 3:11 AM

A song for you, R6, by a timeless, ageless super-megastar. And a lesbian with big boobs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2020 3:11 AM

It was nice when the cunts were not phishing and declaring everything cancelled, the tween gaylings were not sharting hate, and the gay men were funny, informed, and understood gay culture.

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2020 3:13 AM

The funniest posts were in a column on the left hand side of the screen.

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2020 3:14 AM

[quote] Separate politics and gossip forums.

Is this Gossip?

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2020 3:19 AM

I miss the old formatting, it was much easier to navigate and see interesting topics.

I miss DL before it became mainstream. Smarter, funnier, more interesting topics, gay-centric.

by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2020 3:19 AM

[quote] I miss the old formatting, it was much easier to navigate and see interesting topics.

Precisely.

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2020 3:20 AM

the sky was so blue

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2020 3:24 AM

[quote] the sky was so blue

I like blue.

by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2020 3:26 AM

I just wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school. I wish that I could bake a cake made out of rainbows and smiles, and we'd all eat it and be happy.

by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2020 3:31 AM

I left DL a couple of years ago after spending endless hours here for about 15 years. The first several years were delightful. But then there came a time when just too many ugly and unfunny posts and posters took over as well as, inevitably, too much repetition of topics. I love a Mommie Dearest or Lucy in Mame thread as much as anyone, but how many times can you hear the same comments as well as make them?

But with retirement, Covid time, the election, the demise of Facebook and all the streaming movies, I missed a forum for discussion and returned last month. Happy to say I find it a little more civilized and witty here now and I just bypass threads that I predict won't interest me (well, I always did that but more of them now).

by Anonymousreply 18November 21, 2020 3:38 AM

[quote] I missed a forum for discussion and returned last month

Welcome back you fat, old whore.

by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2020 3:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!