Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Remember the opening scene of I Am Legend?

What if the Pfeizer Covid vaccine causes that?

It would kinda be hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2020 4:31 AM

Genocide? That's hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2020 8:46 PM

I figured COVID would have cause us to descend into Children Of Men levels of depravity and civil unrest. Seattle seems to be in the lead, so far.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2020 8:50 PM

With Will Smith? I think it was an anti-gay vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2020 8:51 PM

Omg op I was about to post the EXACT same thread.

I read this thread on Yahoo just about 10 minutes ago, and the first thing that popped into my head is "I Am Legend."

Weird, how we had the same thought.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2020 8:52 PM

Typical American movie - very sporty, expensive car going very fast, knocking down things etc. Ruined the somber mood of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2020 8:55 PM

Also Thunder Dome, and The Road. There’s a whole genre.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2020 8:59 PM

R1, op was just recalling (as I did) the scene with Emma Thompson at the beginning of I Am Legend.

She is a doctor/scientist who was so proud of herself, proclaiming that she has "cured cancer."

Fast forward three years later, five billion people are dead and the rest have turned into monsters.

It's a real fear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2020 9:00 PM

R5 agreed. I don't understand why he was driving so fast through a city in that condition? Just made him look like an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2020 9:02 PM

Emma was smug. Self-satisfied.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2020 9:08 PM

This is a remake of Carlton Heston’s “The Omega Man”, btw.

In that era, there were lots of “end of the world” movies, like planet of the apes, silent running, soilent green, 2001 Space Odyssey, and so forth.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2020 9:12 PM

[quote] Emma was smug. Self-satisfied.

Not unlike the Pfizer vaccine scientists, who haven't even allowed a year of testing their unproven vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2020 9:16 PM

As well as "Mame" with Lucille Ball, R10

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2020 9:44 PM

“Giants lose to Patriots for second time this season 22 to 7” in the crawl at the bottom of the screen. Someone was having fun there.

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2020 10:04 PM

OP watching that horrible trash movie will either turn you into a zombie - or confirm you already are one.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2020 10:10 PM

I remember the opening scene as being played by Natasha Richardson, but she was long-dead by then.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2020 10:25 PM

What if it turns guys into 7 foot hotties?

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2020 10:26 PM

7 foot is a bit too freaky for me. It always makes me think of a story I read as a kid about a family on a Welsh farm being terrorised by a 7 foot tall spaceman who wandered around outside the house at night, peering in through the windows.

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2020 10:30 PM

And of course we learn that all of that is on video tape recordings from before.

Imagine who’d think you'd have to consider whether seeing loved ones for a holiday might kill them, or you.

by Anonymousreply 18November 21, 2020 2:25 AM

I keep thinking about World War Z . . . :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2020 4:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!