Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends...Winona Ryder's San Francisco Home Is For Sale

The home is in the Cow Hollow area and is on sale for nearly 5 million.

What do you think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 25, 2020 10:14 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2020 6:38 PM

The house is MEH. But the grounds are lovely. And that VIEW!! Wow.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2020 6:42 PM

Love that part of SF.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2020 6:48 PM

I love Cow Hollow. It's got great bones. I abhor the "everything white" trend that seems to be so in... but you could fix that if you had enough money to buy this. Love the view and the rooms are nice.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2020 6:50 PM

It’s always a bit boring when the houses have been stripped of the owner’s real furniture.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2020 6:50 PM

It’s ugly with all the white and minimalistic design. Not my taste.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2020 6:56 PM

The medicine cabinet alone probably contains $5 million in pills.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2020 6:57 PM

How much of the furniture do you think is stolen?

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2020 6:58 PM

Great bones, that could be a beautiful house with all the hideous modern white minimalism stripped out and replaced with period furnishings etc

But its in San Francisco

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2020 7:00 PM

Great views, but if I was the Realtor trying to sell Winona Ryder’s home for $5 million I would have staged it completely differently.

Also, the kitchen is nice but awkwardly laid out with very little workspace on either side of the stove.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2020 7:03 PM

dumpy kitchen. they must never cook

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2020 7:05 PM

I'm surprised the houses are so close to each other, she has zero privacy.

She has children? Didn't know that at all.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2020 7:07 PM

Why on earth would she want to move out of the backed-up toilet of San Francisco?

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2020 7:15 PM

The house was repainted in the most neutral way possible and professionally staged blandly to appeal to the broadest range of people. The kids stuff is part of that. God forbid if Ryder has kids.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2020 7:19 PM

I think it's great and a "steal" at 5 million ;-)

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2020 7:23 PM

R15 What a steal indeed!

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2020 7:26 PM

I guess Target has entered the real estate staging business.

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2020 7:28 PM

I love the little seat built into a niche in the staircase. Love the staircase too. The dark walnut (?) fireplaces amidst the sea of bright white look dreadful together. There’s a clash. That would really bother me. And I’m being picky but those stone or concrete benches around the patio fire pit would have to go. So not conducive to long chats by the fire. Overall the house itself is airy and uplifting and I love that.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2020 7:28 PM

Great views, but only from the top floors.

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2020 7:36 PM

Did did actually live there or was it a place she stayed at 2 week out of the year?

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2020 7:38 PM

I think it's beautiful. The decor is a little sterile, looks like she moved her stuff out and paid to have it staged.

by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2020 8:02 PM

[quote]Did did actually live there or was it a place she stayed at 2 weeks out of the year?

She used it whenever she needed to steal away from Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2020 8:04 PM

Beautiful, I want it

by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2020 8:23 PM

I love it but would add a little color.

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2020 8:30 PM

Very cute house. Despise the staging. Why is staging a thing? Everything looks like a fucking Days Inn.

by Anonymousreply 25November 20, 2020 8:38 PM

Never been a Cow Hollow fan...the home is nice, though.

by Anonymousreply 26November 20, 2020 8:40 PM

[quote]The home is in the Cow Hollow area

How appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 27November 20, 2020 8:54 PM

I love it. It is underpriced IMO. She ought to be asking $11 Million. IMO that would be the ceiling. The location the layout the flow, the outdoor spaces, etc and the view are outstanding.

by Anonymousreply 28November 20, 2020 9:07 PM

Anyone know the street?

by Anonymousreply 29November 20, 2020 9:07 PM

The cross street I meant.

by Anonymousreply 30November 20, 2020 9:11 PM

2526 Union Street betw. Divisadero and Scott.

I'm not familiar with Cow Hollow, but looks situated betw. the Marina & Pacific Heights, so low-crime area.

Anything conveniently close (shops / food) would be 3.5 city blocks east - i.e., Fillmore.

by Anonymousreply 31November 20, 2020 9:13 PM

It's a lovely house, in a superb location with an equal view, and the house maintains a good degree of historic detail, the modernization of the plan having been done fairly well.

The size of the house suits me, and the arrangement of bedrooms would be a challenge for some, but fine if you needed only one bedroom and a guest room (or two bedrooms.)

The bland staging and white on white on white is expected and easily fixed as anyone would expect to do.

by Anonymousreply 32November 20, 2020 9:14 PM

I used to walk by this house hoping to see her when I lived in SF the few times I ventured to the Marina to go to Rose's Cafe (just down the street). Alas, it never happened. I lived at Page and Divis and used to see her folks and brother at Regazza pizza all the time-he worked or owned a game store right there. I don't like Dutch Colonials but it is a lovely neighborhood and walking distance to lots of cute shops and restaurants. I was dying to see the inside when I saw it on Redfin and so disappointed it had been staged.

by Anonymousreply 33November 20, 2020 10:30 PM

Her folks lived in this house, btw as did her brother.

by Anonymousreply 34November 20, 2020 10:31 PM

78 photos! That’s almost as many mugshots as Winona has collected.

by Anonymousreply 35November 20, 2020 10:42 PM

It's a beautiful, charming home in a really great part of the city. What's not to love? The realtor's staging is Ashley Furniture/CORT cheap of course, but the home itself is lovely and I love the size. Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 36November 21, 2020 5:06 AM

The views are stunning. The neighbors are way too close.

by Anonymousreply 37November 21, 2020 6:28 AM

It doesn't seem so minimalist to me as it does unpretentious. The fireplaces alone make this anything but minimalist. It's a large house with beautiful views and a normal, regular, almost everyday interior, and I love that about it.

by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2020 6:38 AM

I wonder what it looked like when her stuff was in there. She's described as herself as a hoarder and has said she owns 1000 band t-shirts so I imagine it was a bit more cluttered.

by Anonymousreply 39November 25, 2020 8:49 AM

I would have loved to see her actual furniture and artwork. Obviously it has all been pulled out and staged with rented furniture for the sale.

The view is stunning. The back garden space is lovely but could do with a total overhaul. You could do a lot with that area. The rooftop patio is lovely.

The house has great bones and spaces. Very neutral and easy to work with. Lots could be done.

Love it! I could live there.

by Anonymousreply 40November 25, 2020 8:57 AM

Nice but 5 million? I could say. 'Hi neighbor' without ever having to leave the house!

by Anonymousreply 41November 25, 2020 9:03 AM

Hope she remembered to clear out her Klepto stash.

by Anonymousreply 42November 25, 2020 9:11 AM

Looking at google earth having the houses on either side squashed together would be intolerable.

by Anonymousreply 43November 25, 2020 9:12 AM

I hate how the houses are thisclose to each other. Nice view though...

by Anonymousreply 44November 25, 2020 9:15 AM

Americans want suburbs or mini-farms in the city. Of course there are neighbors nearby and property houses are close side-by-side. They are usually closer - as in adjoining - in cities like NYC, Philadelphia, Boston, London, Rome, Paris, Madrid, Stockholm, Prague, Berlin, Brussels, Amsterdam, Morocco, Cairo, Istanbul, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires...

Most large cities in many countries *don*t* have houses on big sprawling lots spaced so far apart you never see or here a neighbor. You're thinking of farms, or really prosperous garden suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 45November 25, 2020 9:26 AM

San Franciscans who want more privacy buy adjacent properties. That's what Mark Zuckerberg is doing up on Liberty Hill - house #2 is now under renovation. Of course it'll still just be his city pied-à-terre, with the Palo Alto compound as main residence.

by Anonymousreply 46November 25, 2020 10:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!