Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Respect for Jamie Lee Curtis

JLC isn’t someone who I usually find all that compelling, and honestly those yogurt commercials did very little to endear me to her more. But this is a very sweet gesture that says a lot about her character and why she must have endured in Hollywood all these years. I also have always liked that story about her taking over the role of the mother at the last minute in the Freaky Friday movie and just running with it without any prep and having a great time. And the striptease in True Lies is a classic in physical comedy, right up there with a Lucy routine. What praise do you have for the indomitable JLC?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2020 9:41 PM

This is really lovely. Thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2020 11:29 AM

I worked at an art gallery in Venice, Ca back in the 90s. Jamie was good friends with the owner and came in a lot. We all loved her. She was down to earth, super-nice and knew everyone’s name. Just the best

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2020 11:36 AM

Love her, OP. She seems to be honest and straightforward. In her case I think that it's "what you se is what you get."

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2020 11:36 AM

Jamie’s Got A Gun

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2020 11:37 AM

Jamie has always been cool. I assume she was raised well - a tough feat, considering her famous parents. I wish she got better roles. No one in Hollywood thinks outside the box.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2020 11:43 AM

She’s cool AF and tries to be of service to others.

Not a snobbish bone in her.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2020 12:01 PM

She's always seemed like someone who is "in on the joke" of Hollywood. She's a decent actress with a flair for comedy, but she knows she's not Meryl and that she's lucky not to be "working for a living".

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2020 12:04 PM

She made the awful film PERFECT less awful. BLUE STEEL is one of my favorite cop movies because she’s in it.

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2020 12:10 PM

Isn't this the bitch who ruined Christmas with her depressing album?

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2020 12:12 PM

1/4 cup of ‘Just For Men’?

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2020 12:13 PM

R9 She's never made any music as far as I know.

I have always been a fan of hers, though. She is intelligent, funny, and seems like she would be a great person to have as a friend. I also love all the movies I've seen her in and can think of nothing bad to say about her.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2020 12:27 PM

Love her. Brilliant in a Fish Called Wanda. She's real. And I appreciate she lets herself age gracefully.

Stop with the tacky he-she rumors. Grow up or at least move past the 80s, dears.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2020 12:30 PM

That ‘growing olde naturally’ schtick is getting on my fucking nerves!

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2020 12:43 PM

R11, that was actually a joke. I have a friend who thought Annie Lennox and Jamie Lee Curtis were the same person.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2020 12:48 PM

Her mom seemed like a really nice ‘take no bullshit’ kind of gal. Always liked her and always liked Jamie.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2020 12:50 PM

This is way too long with leading up and follow up scenes, but it contains the whole hallway transformation which is priceless. It’s funny reading the comments about how many guys supposedly wanked off to this scene. An interesting comparison to Demi’s whole striptease movie, which was better. Definitely the humor here wins it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2020 1:55 PM

She's hilarious, wonder why she never worked with her husband.

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2020 2:09 PM

R17: They probably wanted to stay married. I have respect for her having boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2020 2:20 PM

Love True Lies, A Fish Called Wanda - but REALLY love Blue Steel. That movie was made when NYC was still gritty and dangerous and director Kathryn Bigelow luxuriated in those qualities to create something truly menacing, fucked up and visually brilliant. And Jamie was perfect for it. Kinda butch yet vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2020 2:22 PM

I read this story last week and it made me cry. It was a lovely thing to do. I have always thought Jamie Lee exuded a down-to-earth sensibility, which is odd for someone raised in show business. I suspect it has to do with the the fact that both her parents had rough upbringings and came from quite literally nothing--it seems they instilled humility in her.

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2020 2:27 PM

so sad, the guy was so young. Kudos to Jamie 🧡

by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2020 2:40 PM

Remember when she showed up for the opening of Kyle Richards' tacky clothing store on RHOBH a few years back? She was very gracious to do that.

Kyle told some story about Jamie Lee picking her up in her arms after a long day on the Halloween set and taking her back to the hotel and putting her to bed. Jamie was looking at her like, "I don't remember this at all and I think you're making it up," but she politely played along.

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2020 2:42 PM

I think she had a different perspective on Hollywood with having BOTH parents being stars. She also knows a TON of people and has a ton of contacts through that when she was first starting out, and through working with so many different people in her career.

It's funny how often I forget that her career started in Halloween and it was very much stepping into her mom's shoes and fame from Psycho. Then she starred in Operation Petticoat on TV, that was based on one of her father's films.

She still gets roles - Knives Out last year. I feel like she would do well in a serious TV series, but maybe doesn't have the appetite for the work schedule.

And let's not forget - she's Baroness Jamie Haden-Guest, not that she gives two shits about that. She's a great woman and has had such a varying career - including writing several books and creating a patent for diapers (!).

by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2020 2:44 PM

She seems like a very kind, gracious, down to earth person but I wish she would dye her hair back to it's natural brunette color. The natural grey/white makes her look older and I think she's lost roles because of it.

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2020 2:55 PM

I wonder if she ever goes out with a cucumber 🥒 down her pants, to fuck with people?!

by Anonymousreply 25November 20, 2020 3:12 PM

I think it was smart for her not to appear in Christopher Guest's movies. The actors in them are a sort of ensemble that changes a little bit from movie to movie, but has the same core group. And as much as some people lament her not having a bigger career, I think she was big enough that her introduction into that group would disrupt the dynamics. Of course, I am talking about the mocumentaries, not Spinal Tap.

by Anonymousreply 26November 20, 2020 3:21 PM

R25 she doesn’t need to?

by Anonymousreply 27November 20, 2020 3:40 PM

[quote]This is way too long with leading up and follow up scenes, but it contains the whole hallway transformation which is priceless. It’s funny reading the comments about how many guys supposedly wanked off to this scene. An interesting comparison to Demi’s whole striptease movie, which was better. Definitely the humor here wins it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 20, 2020 9:30 PM

How cool is she?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 20, 2020 9:32 PM

Does she still have the secret penis?

by Anonymousreply 30November 20, 2020 9:32 PM

Okay Jamie, I now forgive you (And your wig and clothes) for Christmas With The Kranks. (Ok. Well, I'm trying. ).

by Anonymousreply 31November 20, 2020 9:36 PM

I love Christmas With The Kranks!

by Anonymousreply 32November 20, 2020 11:51 PM

Happy Holidayssss!

by Anonymousreply 33November 20, 2020 11:52 PM

I love the little minimalist tiara she wore at a formal British peerage event (Parliament opening?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 21, 2020 12:01 AM

[Quote] I feel like she would do well in a serious TV series, but maybe doesn't have the appetite for the work schedule.

I don't think Jamie would mind since she did Scream Queens.

by Anonymousreply 35November 21, 2020 5:41 AM

Has she whipped her dick out yet?

by Anonymousreply 36November 21, 2020 5:45 AM

Don't bother R36, it's still bigger than yours.

by Anonymousreply 37November 21, 2020 9:33 PM

She has yellow skin. Where’s the YST?

by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2020 9:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!