Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cooper and Oliver on AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE

Will they or won’t they?

by Anonymousreply 166December 29, 2021 2:45 AM

Oops, photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2020 10:45 AM

I hope so, They're adorable on the show.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2020 11:06 AM

[quote]Will they or won’t they?

I think the question should be "Have they or haven't they?"

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2020 4:26 PM

I agree with both R2 and R3. The gayest couple on TV. My compliments to the writers.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2020 3:42 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2020 4:51 PM

What are they, five?

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2020 4:56 PM

And let Trip join them in a throuple please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2020 5:06 PM

Are people still watching that?

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2020 6:35 PM

The episode that aired last night (11/22) was the most obvious reference yet to "the boys" being more than roomies. Cooper threw a hissy fit about Oliver spending a lot of time with his work buddy, Trevor. The parents even joked about the situation. It makes me wonder if Oliver's story arc all along was intended to document his gradual coming out. His character is now old enough to date girls at his school, but each week it's all about Cooper and Oliver and their ongoing "attachment."

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2020 12:02 PM

r9 "Last night?" Where do you live? AH airs on Wednesdays.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2020 1:05 PM

And let's not forget Oliver's foray into ballet.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2020 1:06 PM

Time to bump this...need more comments

by Anonymousreply 12November 28, 2020 2:33 AM

Well, now they've remodeled the Otto basement into a functioning apartment and are "living together." They're probably the most functional couple on television.

by Anonymousreply 13November 28, 2020 10:09 AM

I wonder if they’ll actually go there. Seriously. It’d be the one thing they could do that would actually set the show apart from every other piece of single camera sitcom banality out there.

by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2020 10:13 AM

R14, the One Day at a Time remake already dug into pre-adult same-sex romance when they gave the teen daughter a lesbian love interest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2020 10:53 AM

They have a soundproofed apartment with a sauna. Its difficult to get gayer than that.

by Anonymousreply 16December 12, 2020 1:50 AM

I wonder how many seasons this show has left in it...this one or next one will probably be the last. They'll have them come out before or during the series finale.

by Anonymousreply 17December 12, 2020 4:32 AM

It is on tonight

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2021 7:25 PM

Cooper and Oliver continue to have good taste

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2021 7:39 PM

I've only seen one show and am not familiar with the series; I thought they were brothers.

The pace is akin to Gilmore Girls; one character (no pun intended) topping the other...

haha

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2021 8:01 PM

I do think they are both gay and they are a great couple

by Anonymousreply 21January 14, 2021 12:59 AM

For a while they only showed one bed.

Did someone complain?

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2021 3:19 AM

tasteful friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 15, 2021 4:11 AM

I see Holly Robinson Peete took time out of her busy schedule of shilling for scammy weight-loss products to do an episode. I wonder if she's supposed to be the new token black on the show, now that Carly Hughes has bailed.

by Anonymousreply 24January 15, 2021 6:29 AM

They do seem like the gayest gays in Gays-in-training-ville. But how can they—or any of you—stand to listen to that woman's voice? The one who plays the title role.

by Anonymousreply 25January 15, 2021 10:07 AM

[quote]I see Holly Robinson Peete took time out of her busy schedule of shilling for scammy weight-loss products to do an episode. I wonder if she's supposed to be the new token black on the show, now that Carly Hughes has bailed.

She's a regular now. Wonder why the got rid of the second breakfast ladies.

by Anonymousreply 26January 15, 2021 11:51 AM

The boys aren't a couple. The parents had a fit when the daughter had her boyfriend just spend the night, doubt they condone the guys shacking up downstairs.

by Anonymousreply 27January 15, 2021 11:54 AM

[quote] The parents had a fit when the daughter had her boyfriend just spend the night

Yeah and in the same episode they also came around to the idea and make them a sex basket, and later joke about making one for Cooper and Oliver.

by Anonymousreply 28January 15, 2021 12:32 PM

The sex basket was a deterrent for her and the boys were clearly a joke. The boys are merely metrosexual best friends.

by Anonymousreply 29January 15, 2021 5:51 PM

Ostensibly, Cooper's parents are POS's and spend way too much time jet-setting. Early on in the series, he stated that Katie (the mom) was better than his own. Hence, he chose to live with the Otto's.

The Oliver character is unusual for a sitcom. He's a bit like the Michael J. Fox character on "Family Ties" in that he's single-minded about getting into Harvard for the sake of earning a huge salary. And he was very one-note until recently. This season, the writers had him volunteering for a teen suicide prevention center. Maybe to give him a softer edge.

Carly Hughes left the show because she said it was a toxic work environment. But I haven't seen any stories in the entertainment media that explained what she meant.

by Anonymousreply 30January 24, 2021 2:58 AM

ABC doesn't have the balls to make these two a couple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 24, 2021 3:11 AM

I actually sort of miss asshole Oliver. I think they're going a bit too far removing his edge. Also anyone ever noticed how much Cooper/Logan Pepper looks like Julia Roberts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 24, 2021 6:45 AM

A bit R32

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 24, 2021 6:58 AM

r33 its a pity they probably won't be able to afford her if they ever decide to show his parents.

by Anonymousreply 34January 24, 2021 7:04 AM

She’s done stunt casting projects before (Friends) and at the height of her fame no less. It helps if she’s fucking someone in the cast.

by Anonymousreply 35January 25, 2021 12:58 PM

Are either of the actors gay in real life. The guy that plays Cooper seems especially gay.

by Anonymousreply 36January 25, 2021 1:29 PM

I thought the guy who plays Cooper was trans, but he's all boy apparently.

by Anonymousreply 37January 25, 2021 1:31 PM

Holly Robinson Peete has had so much work done that I probably wouldn't have recognized her if I hadn't known she was coming on as the token black friend. It's a shame, because she's always looked so good (even in those terrible supplement commercials with her husband).

The boys will end up gay in the series finale. Like someone said above, ABC doesn't have the balls to make them a couple now, but they'll end up together in the end. BTW, where's the kid who played Tripp? He's been noticeably absent this season.

by Anonymousreply 38January 25, 2021 2:41 PM

When the family won a trip to Hollywood, they were eating at a restaurant that's on a reality show. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the woman who owns it. Katie told Oliver and Cooper to say they were engaged so the family could get a free meal.

She's also obsessed with going on a gay cruise and figures Oliver is her ticket.

by Anonymousreply 39January 25, 2021 10:45 PM

Lisa Vanderpump, R39

by Anonymousreply 40January 26, 2021 12:39 AM

^^^That's it! Bitch even made a cameo on the show.

by Anonymousreply 41January 26, 2021 1:06 PM

r31 = Joey Buchanan

by Anonymousreply 42January 26, 2021 1:15 PM

r41 She did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 26, 2021 7:16 PM

I thought Oliver was into older men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 26, 2021 7:41 PM

Definite sugar daddy material, but then he died.

by Anonymousreply 45January 26, 2021 7:51 PM

r44 Oliver's type is the extremely rich. To quote Katie "It would be good for that kid to marry some money".

by Anonymousreply 46January 27, 2021 7:15 AM

R44 Nah, it's not OLDER men, it's RICH men

by Anonymousreply 47January 27, 2021 9:18 AM

Cooper wasn’t even on today’s episode.

by Anonymousreply 48January 28, 2021 8:53 AM

r48 Coopers only in 3 of the final 5 episodes of this season, including the season finale. Also apparently its not a certainty AH is even going to be renewed after this one so we may never actually get them together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 28, 2021 9:32 AM

I'm watching S1 for the first time and I didn't know the gay baiting went back that far. Katie decides Oliver is gay after seeing his vision board with shirtless men, Ashton Kutcher, and a pic of Cooper and Oliver with their arms around one another. Gay!!

by Anonymousreply 50January 28, 2021 12:37 PM

I really enjoy AH (more than most network sitcoms). If ABC can spin un-fucking-funny Blackish into multiple properties, they should be able to give us an Oliver-Copper show, and even a daughter-hot boyfriend show.

by Anonymousreply 51January 28, 2021 12:42 PM

[quote] Katie decides Oliver is gay after seeing his vision board with shirtless men, Ashton Kutcher, and a pic of Cooper and Oliver with their arms around one another

I loved that episode. Katie. Greg, Angelia and Doris all trying to decide if the board meant Oliver was gay, or just a shallow asshole. Before deciding he's both.

by Anonymousreply 52January 28, 2021 1:09 PM

Agreed R51. It was actually funny, a rarity for ABC. I guess it wasn't woke enough for the network's tastes.

by Anonymousreply 53January 28, 2021 1:11 PM

That was a cute episode. Apparently Cooper knows how to use a sword and has easy access to booze. What more could Oliver want?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 4, 2021 2:54 AM

It seems like from last night's ep that the writers and cast are more content to let the series wrap this year, which is most likely what will happen anyway. I didn't realize 'AH' was the lowest-rated ABC comedy last year, and it still got renewed while others got cancelled. Five years is a decent run, and they'll most likely have enough eps for syndication.

Jake Choi is hot, BTW. It'll be interesting to see what they do with his character. Seems like Ali Wong is either gone or literally phoning/Facetiming most eps when she's on now.

by Anonymousreply 55February 4, 2021 11:48 AM

I think they'll be allowed one more much shorter season to wrap up. A least for syndication rights. But given ABC has just given away it's timeslot I'm not overly hopeful.

by Anonymousreply 56February 4, 2021 12:52 PM

TV Grim Reaper shows it as "likely to be renewed," and "ratings in renewal range."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 4, 2021 1:07 PM

Networks are avoiding cancellations. Lots of shows that would've been cancelled last year didn't because of the pandemic. Easier to keep producing shows than to start new productions. The CW just announced a ton of renewals, and I think ABC will be the same, and AH is likely getting saved for now.

by Anonymousreply 58February 4, 2021 8:22 PM

Just watched last night's ep. The writing is so meh at this point. Whomever was fired after the Carly Hughes fiasco must've been the ones spicing up the scripts with one-liners and zingers. The new Anna Kat is doing her darndest, but it'll be hard to beat Julia Butters' deadpan line delivery.

I also noticed on this ep how Oliver is never snarky to Cooper. I used to think it was because he was so in awe of his $$$, but now Cooper gave up all his $$$ (allegedly), and Oliver is still in awe of him. If they do--in fact--get another season, they should just end up together already. I forget if they're juniors or seniors...they must be juniors since Oliver has laid off on the college talk.

by Anonymousreply 59February 11, 2021 12:54 PM

This season has been pretty weak. With characters leaving and being recast, the show has changed too much. Watched last night and I only laughed once--Cooper lamenting his toothpick legs.

by Anonymousreply 60February 11, 2021 1:00 PM

[quote]Whomever was fired

Oh, dear.

Whoever, not whomever.

by Anonymousreply 61February 11, 2021 1:03 PM

They looked like they were going to makeout over the grilled cheese when Oliver said Cooper was going to "wear the crap out of those Black and White checkered pants . There has been way too much boring filler material this season. Which is bad since they've also had half the episodes they normally do.

by Anonymousreply 62February 11, 2021 1:46 PM

With the introduction of a new gay character, I wonder if they’re gonna:

Pull away from the Cooper/Oliver gay possibility and land all the gay plots on the Asian guy

or

Make the Asian guy their eventual gay mentor, a la Ugly Betty with the assistant played by Michael Urie and Betty’s nephew.

What does DL think?

by Anonymousreply 63February 11, 2021 8:29 PM

R63 I'm hoping for the latter.

For a few seasons that I've been hoping for a gay guy to show up and the the driving force for Cooper and Oliver's coming out. I was expecting someone more on their age range. Maybe Cooper and the gay guy start spending a lot of time together, Cooper through his time with the gay guy realizes he's not straight, and Oliver is super jealous of Cooper spending all his time with the gay guy, then realizing he has feeling for him.

But an older gay guy that serves as a mentor can work too. Let's hope they interact soon tho, because I don't think they've even been in the same room on the show yet.

by Anonymousreply 64February 11, 2021 8:59 PM

I actually hadn't thought about the young, hopeful-gays interacting with JD...mainly because I've been so curious if Ali Wong is coming back. On last night's ep, it seemed glaringly obvious that Holly Robinson-Peete is now the token black character, and Jake Choi seems to be the token Asian (and gay) character. The only difference is the seating arrangement at second breakfast. See attached article speculating about Ali's absence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 11, 2021 9:35 PM

The star Katy Mixon is so annoying to me - from her voice to the weird twists and pouts she does with her mouth.....hard to watch.

I HATED her on Mike & Molly - in a group of actors that were ALL annoying to watch and listen to, she stood out especially bad.

I watch because I like Diedrich Bader......

by Anonymousreply 66February 11, 2021 10:10 PM

I agree about her mouth twists.

by Anonymousreply 67February 11, 2021 10:15 PM

Katie used to be an underdog you could root for. But she's pretty much as terrible as every other mother in Westport this season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 12, 2021 6:40 AM

r64 Wish granted by the sound of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69February 21, 2021 4:07 PM

They seemed so much like a gay couple in tonight’s episode.

by Anonymousreply 70February 25, 2021 1:05 AM

Insider info: the show will probably have another season, it has not been decided yet. The two young guys are defiantly not gay characters and there won’t be a big reveal as such. Both actors are totally straight in real life.

by Anonymousreply 71February 25, 2021 2:05 AM

I think the show is definitely going to leave it open ended this season as Disney/ABC are pathetic on this front. But in the last episode alone Oliver combos them both as Cooliver, Josh asks if Cooper and Oliver broke up which is essentially the 9000th time someone who knows them pretty closely is convinced they're dating, and Oliver says he's Coopers boy. There's 0 chance they end up together this season. But I think there has to be some sort of resolution to this story. It's not like they can even do a cop out "lol we're proving straight bros can love each other no homo storyline" at this point since like I said EVERYONE who knows them thinks they're fucking.

by Anonymousreply 72February 25, 2021 7:29 AM

Off script, Cooper is even gayer....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73February 25, 2021 7:55 AM

Reporter = "Do you wait to the last minute to get into wardrobe"......Oliver = "I'm a sweat pant guy".... Well this sounds like a normal conversation for a grown man to have with a teenager.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 25, 2021 8:02 AM

R72, it is Jessica WALTER. She is old, she is 80.

by Anonymousreply 75February 25, 2021 8:06 AM

That episode seemed Sad-ish to me. That could be a new ABC sitcom, Sad-ish. Anyway, Cooper is going to get dumped.

by Anonymousreply 76February 28, 2021 12:54 AM

None of Katie's "sidekicks" was in the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 77February 28, 2021 1:05 AM

[quote] Cooper is going to get dumped

R76 You mean Trip?

by Anonymousreply 78February 28, 2021 3:15 AM

The Trip thing already happened and it was mutual dumpage.

by Anonymousreply 79February 28, 2021 10:27 AM

No, it hasn't.

by Anonymousreply 80February 28, 2021 1:34 PM

R78, I meant Cooper, when I wrote Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 81February 28, 2021 1:39 PM

r81 How can he get dumped when they're not even dating yet? Also their entire storyline the last two episodes was "Oliver thinks Cooper hung the moon".

by Anonymousreply 82February 28, 2021 3:46 PM

Jake Choi is really cute as Katie's new gay friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83March 5, 2021 6:16 AM

[quote]She must have thought I was an undercover cop. I get that a lot.

That cracked me up. I love Holly Robinson Peete.

by Anonymousreply 84March 5, 2021 5:22 PM

[quote] American Housewife 5x12 “How Oliver Got His Groove Back” Synopsis: Katie plays matchmaker by impersonating Oliver on his social media account to win over a girl. Meanwhile, Lonnie (Matt Shively) helps Greg dig up DIRT on his political rival. (TV-14, DL)

Well fuck you too Katie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85March 9, 2021 5:16 AM

So yeah Oliver has apparently been dating that girl he took to prom last season all this time, and he talks about her enough even Katie is aware he's depressed. Great writing as ever this season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86March 23, 2021 9:16 AM

Well it seems that we had 4 seasons of queerbaiting. As I think most of us suspected all along there would be no payoff to Oliver and Cooper in love.

Fuck you American Housewife.

by Anonymousreply 87March 30, 2021 8:37 AM

I hope Cooper comes back next week all jealous over Oliver’s new girlfriend and they end up making out. The chemistry between Oliver and the new girl was very fag and hag

by Anonymousreply 88March 30, 2021 9:00 AM

The issue is every time Oliver is single, the show immediately feels the need to give him a new girlfriend. It's like they're trying to use that as a way to show he's not gay. "Oh Oliver and Cooper can't be a couple obviously, Oliver has a girlfriend, he likes girls.", and then said girlfriend appears in 2 episodes, is mentioned once or twice and then they break up.

And where exactly has Cooper been this whole time? He's been living with the Ottos ever since his parents moved to Florida, but the past few episodes had stories that focused on Oliver, who is attached at the hip to Cooper, yet Cooper was nowhere to be seen or even mentioned. He's literally living with them and is basically M.I.A. without explanation. AnnaKat's boyfriend is on screen more often and he doesn't even live there. What exactly was the point of the whole Cooper goes live with the Ottos if he was gonna be seen just as little as before? And they can't excuse it as him being absent doing rich people stuff because he cut himself off earlier in the season in order to be more of an Otto.

by Anonymousreply 89March 30, 2021 9:10 AM

His absence was noticeable r89. The writers might as well have titled this episode “The Straightening of of Oliver.” Cooper got dumped as I predicted. He’s not part of the business plan anymore with the other guy & now Oliver has a new gal.

by Anonymousreply 90March 30, 2021 10:39 AM

Next episode the girl is gone and Oliver's main story is meeting Coopers dad. Which again we're back to relationship tropes. At this point I'm convinced the show is being written by two completely separate teams of writers who aren't talking to each other. Like if last episode was them realizing they'd made them too gay and panicking that'd be depressingly understandable. But after pretty much wasting the penultimate episode on no-homo, they're following it up with two 17 year old boys at a meet the parents candle lit dinner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 30, 2021 2:39 PM

Also not Cooliver related but wasting so much time on Trip and Taylors relationship issues only to completely resolve it in one episode isn't great either.

by Anonymousreply 92March 30, 2021 2:40 PM

[quote] He's literally living with them and is basically M.I.A. without explanation.

Guest stars don't work for free.

by Anonymousreply 93March 30, 2021 5:05 PM

R93 So pay him. If they can pay the annoying kid that plays AnnaKat's boyfriend to be in every episode, they can pay the blond twink to be by the brunette twink's side every episode.

by Anonymousreply 94March 30, 2021 6:44 PM

Finally watching last week's ep...Tripp looks like he's aged five years, and is wearing a ton of makeup. Oliver is so clearly gay it's not funny. If they can eek out one more season to let it play out if he actually gets into Harvard...I suspect he won't, and he'll realize there's more to life. Like Cooper's cock, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 95April 1, 2021 12:14 AM

[quote] We’re practically in-laws

Boom.

by Anonymousreply 96April 1, 2021 12:37 AM

I like this show a lot. I actually like Katy and her annoying voice. Like Fran Dresden’s The Nanny, it works.

It is painfully clear Oliver and Cooper are gay. Certainly, the actors are. But the characters have been written as obvs a couple in a romantic “we don’t know it yet but we’re in love” way. There is zero way the show gets away with having them not end up as a legit couple. It has been hinted to for years. I think the show would be stupid not to go there since I think every single viewer thinks they’re downlow a couple. And a great one at that. Very sweet.

This season has not been the greatest. I understand why the black lady left (someone working on the show was toxic-though not one of the actors) but why is the Asian lady zooming? They had a great dynamic. Losing JB as Ana Kat was a huge loss. The new girl does well but you can’t replace great.

I do think this show has one more season. It has been one of the more refreshing shows and consistently humorous. It has a lot of great subplots which shows don’t do well these days.

by Anonymousreply 97April 1, 2021 1:02 AM

The season finale would have been much better if the boys had finally come out instead of Katie Otto having a baby.

by Anonymousreply 98April 1, 2021 1:09 AM

Having a baby is usually the death of a show!

by Anonymousreply 99April 1, 2021 3:23 AM

I agree with other posters here that the show is wildly uneven. And that Ana Kat's young boyfriend is in nearly every episode and annoyingly so.

In earlier seasons, Oliver flirted with ballet because he figured it would get him into Harvard. Having graduated from Harvard, I didn't buy the explanation for a minute. And the upshot was that Oliver appeared to be gay. And then his friendship with Cooper deepened to the point that I think the showrunner realized they had a gay relationship developing where it maybe wasn't intended.

Now (spoiler alert) with Cooper heading to culinary school and Oliver announcing he's not going to Harvard--or college--the boys' relationship appears stranger than ever.

by Anonymousreply 100April 1, 2021 4:10 AM

Daniel Dimaggio bears a slight resemblance to a young George Hamilton, who played Oliver's wealthy ex-con mentor Spencer Blitz.

by Anonymousreply 101April 1, 2021 6:19 AM

[quote] Having a baby is usually the death of a show!

It started with I Love Lucy (hence it’s go-to quality as a ratings grabber) and always signals the beginning of the end - “approaching final season.” I do admire shows like Frasier and Seinfeld for not resorting to such cliches to extend their stay. As a matter of fact, they went through creative lengths to hide their actresses’ pregnancies.

by Anonymousreply 102April 1, 2021 6:41 AM

Add The Dick Van Dyke Show to the resistance list.

Golden Girls doesn’t count, as a baby plot by one of the principals would constitute a miracle. Though they did resist adoption of a cute precocious child, which shows like the Brady Bunch and Cosby couldn’t resist...

by Anonymousreply 103April 1, 2021 6:45 AM

Wow teenage engagement, and a baby on the way. Its like they're purposefully aiming for every plotline that can ruin a show. Anyway they've officially killed Cooliver even as close friends. Olivers response to Cooper moving away in season 4 was to have a breakdown and actually cry. His response in 5 is to make a snarky comment at Katie. Who cheers him up after his dreams of going to Harvard that he's had for years go up in smoke? His dickhead business partner. The amount of shit they put Oliver through this season I'm starting to think Daniel Dimagio must have run over some ABC execs Dog.

On the plus side at least they're developing Cooper as an actual character and not just being Olivers+1 since he's probably my favourite family member at this point. And I'm pretty sure his dad likely cut him off rather than being OK with culinary school. Lets hope for better writing if/when they get renewed.

by Anonymousreply 104April 1, 2021 7:15 AM

Daniel Dimaggio is absolutely adorable.

I will say nothing further on that note until he's 18.

by Anonymousreply 105April 1, 2021 7:21 AM

The Craft Services Table on that set must be pretty appealing, as all the adult leads are starting to pack the pounds.

by Anonymousreply 106April 1, 2021 7:32 AM

[quote]At this point I'm convinced the show is being written by two completely separate teams of writers who aren't talking to each other.

R91 makes an interesting point, but I wonder if episodes are being shown out of sequence. The old GF episode may have been written and filmed before realized gay Oliver is more interesting than straight Oliver.

by Anonymousreply 107April 1, 2021 12:41 PM

Did they do the pregnancy reveal to (should the show be renewed) distract from the fact that Katy Mixon is approaching Chrissy Metz territory?

by Anonymousreply 108April 1, 2021 3:25 PM

Speaking of Mixon looks wise I assumed she was late 40s, so my first thoughts on the pregnancy was "yeah no way that thing survives to birth". But apparently she only just turned 40 this week.

by Anonymousreply 109April 1, 2021 3:36 PM

Just watched the finale...IMHO, no way this gets renewed unless ABC just doesn't want to renew 'Pooch Perfect' starring Rebel Wilson in a low-budget dog-judging contest. They threw so many darts at the board in the last minute that it's almost like it's a dare to see if ABC will renew them. Sad to say, but once the allegedly racist showrunners and creator left the show, it went off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 110April 1, 2021 4:03 PM

That’s it - if it doesn’t get renewed, I’m writing my own series finale.

by Anonymousreply 111April 2, 2021 12:02 AM

In case anyone has Cooliver blue balls, something to tide you over until next season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112April 2, 2021 12:38 AM

Jessica Walter's appearance on "Getting Frank with the Ottos" was her final role.

by Anonymousreply 113April 2, 2021 6:34 AM

[quote]Golden Girls doesn’t count, as a baby plot by one of the principals would constitute a miracle. Though they did resist adoption of a cute precocious child

Barely... Golden Palace featured a cute precocious child who was just as annoying as Cousin Oliver (and who disappeared halfway through the first and only season).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 2, 2021 6:56 AM

r113 Shame it was on zoom. Not having a Jessica Walter's character meeting two people as gay as Oliver and Cooper is a missed opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 115April 2, 2021 3:15 PM

Are Daniel DiMaggio or Logan Pepper gay in real life? They both kind of ping. Is there any evidence other than speculation?

by Anonymousreply 116April 2, 2021 3:58 PM

R116 If they're gay, they're both closeted. But maybe that's why we read so much into it and think the characters are gay, because the actors are gay and we're reading the vibe we get from the actors and mistaking it as it being from the characters.

by Anonymousreply 117April 2, 2021 10:52 PM

R117 I think they’re gay IRL and it is clear their characters were written to be gay but it appears the show got cold feet.

by Anonymousreply 118April 2, 2021 10:57 PM

r116 Neither have any romantic pictures posted on their accounts that I can see. Though Google says Pepper dated Taylors actress. But she's 2 years older than him and he's only 18 so either he was really convincing , she likes them younger or that's bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 2, 2021 11:10 PM

Cue season 5 you asked him to build you a dream apartment, pay for your tuition, and for his dad to buy you into Harvard. That's growth and acceptance Oliver.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 2, 2021 11:12 PM

Fun to see Jim Rash reunited with Joel McHale, if only for a few seconds.

If the actor playing Cooper isn’t gay, then I don’t know who is. The actor playing Oliver, I could buy being straight.

by Anonymousreply 121April 2, 2021 11:16 PM

The dad is so hot.

by Anonymousreply 122April 2, 2021 11:44 PM

What's also with the prankster guy (I don't care enough to look up his name) making 15 comments every ep he's in about Greg's ass? Talk about homosexualist! Diedrich Bader actually is a good looking guy, though. He's aged very well.

by Anonymousreply 123April 3, 2021 12:45 AM

The only reason we(fans) think that Oliver and Cooper are gay is because the writers went out of their way to make us think so, over and over again. So either they were queer-baiting from the start or as some posters have mentioned they got cold feet and dropped the plot point at the last minute.

I'm in the camp that says they were queer-baiting from the beginning. I think we forget just how stupid straight people can be about anything to do with gay people. Instead of thinking about how this would insult the gay fan base they were probably to busy thinking "dude gay joke are funny"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 3, 2021 2:17 AM

That really is a cute picture of them together r119

by Anonymousreply 125April 3, 2021 2:21 AM

If it turns out the writers genuinely didn't want to imply Cooper and Oliver as a couple (I've finally settled on holding some hope. The writers clearly still at hope for one last season, they obviously want Cooper around or they could have easily written him out last episode, I can't see Oliver's GF ever being important, and I hope the worst parts of this season were caused by the episodes being cut because of Corona). I don't think its queerbaiting. Queerbaiting is using the implication of potential gay relationship to gain viewers. I honestly doubt 90% of the viewers of AH general audience care about Cooliver enough for it to affect their viewing. I think it falls more into a "lol. Aren't effeminate men and gay jokes hilarious" humor. Which is still a frankly shitty thing to do at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 3, 2021 3:29 AM

If AH writers think this is going to go over well, they’re mistaken. They’ve hinted at Oliver being gay (despite the occasional GF). Oliver and Cooper being a couple makes perfect sense.

by Anonymousreply 127April 3, 2021 4:00 AM

I have to completely disagree with you r126 What the show has done to Oliver and Cooper is the very definition of Queerbating

Queerbaiting definition – Wikipedia

Queerbaiting is the practice to hint at, but then to not actually depict, a same-sex romantic relationship between characters in a work of fiction, mainly in film or television. The potential romance may be ignored, explicitly rejected or made fun of.

Not -Cooliver has nothing to do with gaining an audience. Queerbaiting is usually something that straight writers think is funny and yes they are aware that they are depicting the characters as gay. American Housewife has actually been called out about it on social media recently.

From thetvratingsguide ""Secondly, this episode exists in a weird, alternate universe where the storylines of the past either didn't take place or have no bearing. Fans who have long expected and hoped for "Cooliver" were shocked to find Katie steer Oliver into a relationship with a girl, a rebound relationship because apparently Oliver was soooo depressed after his *one* prom date, Lindsey, ignored him last episode on a visit home from college. The never-happened "Oliver-Lindsey" has now been retrofitted in this episode to an important off-screen relationship that devastated Oliver and left him with a "Lindsey shaped hole" when he was ghosted.

So forget all the years of "Cooliver" innuendo - in fact, Cooper isn't even in this episode (in case he distracts Oliver from Audra?). ABC and/or the showrunners have declared in this episode that Oliver is straight. And guessing by the angry social media response, ABC isn't too concerned about the unhappy fans, some accusing the show of queer-baiting.""

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 3, 2021 10:04 AM

The Hollywood Reporter says it's "not looking good" for renewal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 13, 2021 7:04 PM

My God Greys Anatomy is fucking immortal. I'm mixed on AH coming back at this point I liked the show but the writings in the toilet and in retrospect there's not much a final season can really offer I'd even want to watch after last episode. Babies, teen marriage and no gay romance.

by Anonymousreply 130May 13, 2021 7:15 PM

No cooliver 😟

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131May 14, 2021 10:55 PM

Someday…they’ll be together.

by Anonymousreply 132May 14, 2021 10:57 PM

If nothing else its proof of why you shouldn't end on an unnecessary cliff-hanger when it's 50/50 if you were getting renewed.

by Anonymousreply 133May 15, 2021 7:40 AM

Katy Mixon's abuse of the craft-services table got out of control. The enormous bills negated the ratings.

She literally ate the show out of existence.

by Anonymousreply 134May 15, 2021 7:55 AM

Can't Fox try to save this show like they did with that crappy Tim Allen show or maybe another network?

by Anonymousreply 135May 15, 2021 9:02 AM

Disappointed, but without Cooliver, . . . . . 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 136May 15, 2021 11:10 AM

So this was all just 5 seasons of queerbaiting.

by Anonymousreply 137May 15, 2021 12:37 PM

Maybe the actors can start a “Cooliver” OnlyFans

by Anonymousreply 138May 15, 2021 5:50 PM

Once they straight-washed cooliver I was done with the show anyway.

by Anonymousreply 139May 15, 2021 6:27 PM

Dan's apparently decided to never mention the show again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140May 15, 2021 8:45 PM

r140

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141May 15, 2021 8:46 PM

[quote]Maybe the actors can start a “Cooliver” OnlyFans

Or at least a Logo spinoff series.

by Anonymousreply 142May 15, 2021 10:53 PM

It had better ratings than "blackish," which was renewed, and Deadline reported it was the only ABC series to be off by just single-digits vs. last season, so it's weird ABC didn't give it another season. Granted, it did seem to be on its last legs creatively (adding a new baby to the mix means the writers are totally out of ideas).

by Anonymousreply 143May 16, 2021 7:37 PM

Yeah, as much as love the show, I’m ok with it not being renewed. The dynamic without her breakfast friends threw off that part of the show. The new daughter was ok, but too much focus on the kids’ friends living there.

by Anonymousreply 144May 16, 2021 8:03 PM

Post season 5 is normally when people get to renegotiate their contracts isn't it? My guess the cost was about to jump up. Its had a lot of bad press over the last year which led to a rapid cast and crew turrnover, and It was pretty un-diverse which probably counted against it as well. Plus they'd already filled AH timeslot with that Home Economics show.

by Anonymousreply 145May 16, 2021 8:08 PM

r134 = Chrissy Metz

by Anonymousreply 146May 16, 2021 8:13 PM

[quote]The dynamic without her breakfast friends threw off that part of the show. The new daughter was ok, but too much focus on the kids’ friends living there.

I agree with you on both counts and will add that the season-long city council election plotline was a flop.

by Anonymousreply 147May 16, 2021 8:53 PM

The original Anna-Kat Otto was a very talented kid. Her replacement was simply not up to the task.

by Anonymousreply 148May 16, 2021 9:43 PM

Was there a single good story arc last season? Everything felt very "we have no idea what to do with anyone". Trip and Taylor spent the entire season arguing looked like they were going to break up and then got engaged, which is always a good idea). Anna Kat and Franklin I can't really remember but I do remember wishing they'd get sent off to some special boarding school by the end, and I really don't get why they decided their daughters 13 year old boyfriend should live with them. That's creepy. Oliver developing an app took way too long and his partner was annoying.

by Anonymousreply 149May 16, 2021 9:56 PM

The absolute worst character was that social media guy -- Lonnie? Totally cringeworthy every time he appeared.

by Anonymousreply 150May 16, 2021 10:35 PM

Was it cancelled because of the sjw backlash?

by Anonymousreply 151May 16, 2021 11:06 PM

Coming this fall to Feeform, “America’s Wokest Housewife.”

by Anonymousreply 152May 17, 2021 12:07 AM

Daniel DiMaggio turns 18 on July 30.

Just a little bit of random trivia.

by Anonymousreply 153May 17, 2021 1:20 AM

The show was guaranteed to not only be more expensive but lose ratings next season. Salaries were going up in fans like me stopped watching immediately after they straight-washed cooliver and the dynamics were different with Katie's friends disappearing.

by Anonymousreply 154May 19, 2021 12:49 PM

Logan Pepper had to deal with some angry fans over the shows queer baiting. Some of the responses were a bit unfair although I understand the anger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155May 22, 2021 7:18 PM

Logan Pepper is straight?

by Anonymousreply 156May 22, 2021 7:20 PM

[quote] Some of the responses were a bit unfair

A bit? Jeez, some of these people LIVE to be offended. It animates them and gives them the energy to make it through another day. Somewhere, someone is going to do something to piss them off.

by Anonymousreply 157May 23, 2021 1:03 AM

Word, R157. If the Oliver/Cooper storyline on "American Housewife" failing to turn out the way you had hoped is a big enough problem for you to attack some teen actor on Twitter, then you really don't have actual problems.

by Anonymousreply 158May 23, 2021 2:54 AM

r156 A more unexpected twist than anything the writers came up with last season.

by Anonymousreply 159May 23, 2021 7:01 AM

Just like with Game of Thrones, I’m going to sign a petition that they refilm this entire last season & include the coming out storyline or else I’ll boycott ABC!! Jk

by Anonymousreply 160May 23, 2021 7:41 AM

Well, now we have our first sex tape from an AH actor (as far as I know -- maybe there are some raunchy Katy Mixon videos out there.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 6, 2021 2:45 PM

R161 Kudos to you, thank you!

by Anonymousreply 162June 7, 2021 12:21 PM

Sadly Peyton and his girlfriend decided to delete their OnlyFans after the videos started leaking.

The one posted above was the last thing they posted before deleting. It's also one of the few things that show Peyton's face during a sex act. All the other videos were close ups, you'd only see his dick and the girlfriend's hand, mouth or pussy.

by Anonymousreply 163June 7, 2021 6:38 PM

Stroke video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164June 7, 2021 9:55 PM

Are these guys doing anything new?

by Anonymousreply 165December 29, 2021 2:05 AM

r164's link is a goldmine of interesting wank vids.

Is this really DL fav Pietro Boselli?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166December 29, 2021 2:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!