Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why does Chrome need an update every few days

That nasty green update box appeared this morning and I just updated on Wednesday.

It is like my phone apps, a constant annoyance.

Build it right the first fucking time.

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2020 1:59 PM

No one?

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2020 8:11 AM

They're probably constantly fine-tuning their tracking of your online behavior.

Switch to Firefox. Google is a rubbish company.

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2020 8:19 AM

It shouldn't. Spesk to a technician. Your phone or whatever you are using is not uploading it correctly.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2020 8:31 AM

They may not be testing the change well enough. If you get an update and then another a day or so later it is usually to fix a bug they missed. I see it occasionally with Microsoft and recently with my Verizon phone.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2020 8:58 AM

Google and Microsoft work very closely with the NSA. Many of the updates are driven by NSA backdoor needs. It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2020 9:01 AM

I don't like the new chrome - for some reason when I scroll down on DL for example, it sort of blurs and strains my eyes....it's too "powerful" or something. I tried to switchback back it kept updating - then I tried to stop the update function, but you need a degree in computers to work out how to do it, so I switched to Opera and I really like it, though it can be slow sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2020 10:31 AM

I don't like Firefox be sure the search line is at the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2020 10:41 AM

Pity brittle old OP. She doesn't like change and knows only to resist it.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2020 11:24 AM

I had been using opera, but now just use the DuckDuckGo app.

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2020 11:41 AM

[quote] Pity brittle old OP. She doesn't like change and knows only to resist it.

OP, Get off the internet, I think it is over your head.

As a web programmer, who has worked with a lot of browsers, I can say Chrome is the best.

Firefox is a snooty perfectionist

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2020 11:52 AM

Ooooo, R10 is a sassy bitch!

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2020 1:16 PM

R10= Only codes for Chrome and ignores the 10,000 complaints clogging the corporate feedback Inbox.

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2020 1:47 PM

Just because 10,000 idiots complain, that doesn't mean that their complaints are valid. Look at the guy above who said he doesn't like the search box at the bottom of the screen. That's a setting you can easily change. "The screen gets blurry" doesn't even make sense and is probably a problem with the computer created by the user.

by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2020 1:50 PM

[quote]"The screen gets blurry" doesn't even make sense and is probably a problem with the computer created by the user.

Aging eyes!

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2020 1:56 PM

I'm not even going to say more about the blurry screen when I scroll - all I'll get is a gurl puhlease and no one wants that. NO ONE!

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2020 1:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!