Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does anyone remember the alien that used to play computer games?

You could play chess, checkers, backgammon, and some other games against it. I've tried googling it and can't find anything.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2020 11:07 PM

I think he died, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2020 3:48 AM

He would have been around at the same time as Clippy, I think.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2020 3:49 AM

I'm pretty sure that only existed in the Light Universe.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2020 4:12 AM

Help!

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2020 4:58 AM

His name was ALF.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2020 5:05 AM

That was Elon Musk. He went on to make Tesla motors and then started doing acid with that other alien, Grimes.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2020 5:07 AM

People would need way more info OP.

* Was the alien in a computer game or was the whole thing a physical toy? Like, was the alien a contraption or doll you played against or was it a graphic on a screen.

* What years was this sold and played?

* What format was it played on? Home computer, its own toy, game console?

* What did it or the graphics look like?

Asking people such a vague question won't get you much. Maybe that's what you were going for. I don't know. But your lacking in this query might be a sign of why you never get promoted at work.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2020 5:33 AM

It's from a computer game, R7, and the alien was basically an avatar that you'd play various card and board games against. I don't remember purchasing it, I think it came from included games on home computers. As far as graphics go, it was simply an alien playing whichever game you chose to play - chess, backgammon, checkers, etc...

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2020 5:58 AM

The original Nintendo console that had a plastic robot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2020 6:10 AM

That's not it, R9.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2020 6:31 AM

What did the alien look like, OP? What color was it? Body part info like skinny arms, almond eyes, square head? Was it wearing anything? What did the gaming screen look like?

Search your soul and try to help people to help you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2020 6:38 AM

It looked like the stereotypical alien, R11. Big head, big black eyes, skinny arms and body. The gaming screen varied depending on the game you were playing. If you were playing chess, he sat on the other side of the board, same with checkers, cards etc...

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2020 6:42 AM

I'm sure you looked equally strange to him, OP/r12

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2020 8:32 AM

That's no help, R13.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2020 11:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!