Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joan Crawford in her glory opening a Pepsi-Cola bottling factory in San Diego

Mrs. Alfred Steele sounds like she's on the sauce and enjoying herself very much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2020 12:56 AM

Thanks, OP, I never saw that interview before. She did seem a little tipsy, but it was actually one of her better interviews. She was more natural and seemed genuinely happy.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2020 1:17 AM

Love her ensemble.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2020 11:41 PM

Looks great as a blonde

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2020 3:55 PM

depressing woman

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2020 3:57 PM

By 1963 Joan clearly had the "Art of Being Joan Crawford" down to a science. While expressing nothing terribly fascinating, Joan hits her marks and gives the interviewer all he needs to edit a business/human interest/celebrity news piece.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2020 4:39 PM

She changed outfits. The tailored outfit in the interview was much nicer than that blousy unfitted dress at the beginning.

She isn't too drunk to dis her eldest children (for reasons which are well-known to them) by talking like she only had twins at first. LOL

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2020 4:43 PM

I noticed that, R6.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2020 4:48 PM

I must be a perv because at first glance I assumed this was saying 'in her glory hole...'

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2020 4:50 PM

She had beautiful diction.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2020 4:55 PM

[quote]She had beautiful diction

She sounds so hilariously pompous and phony.

She was Hollywood's Margaret Thatcher.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2020 5:45 PM

She had such superb style.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2020 5:53 PM

The song "She's a Lady" was originally written about our Joan.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2020 5:55 PM

So was "The Lady is a Tramp"

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2020 5:58 PM

That bottling plant was built for 1.5 million! That I do not understand.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2020 12:32 AM

She really did hold onto her looks, didn't she? She was officially 59 then but probably somewhat older, and she's a hell of a looker for a woman in her sixties! How did that happen, when she was obviously knocking them back during the day!

And yeah, that white outfit is faaaaab.

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2020 12:39 AM

Why did the tv channel ruin the clip with a modern "fake" voice-over and horrible royalty free music?

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2020 12:45 AM

What a DUMP!

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2020 12:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!