Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Could You Survive 10 Years in Prison?

I actually think I’d fare pretty well in the joint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3211/21/2020

No way. Time moves excruciating slower. One week in jail my 20s seemed to never end.

by Anonymousreply 111/19/2020

It’s not like the movies, OP.

by Anonymousreply 211/19/2020

I’m being serious, R2. Would you make it?

by Anonymousreply 311/19/2020

[QUOTE] No way. Time moves excruciating slower.

I wouldn’t mind that. I wish I could slow time down a little. Feels like I’m speeding to my grave the way one day blends into the next. It’s about to be Christmas and it feels like it was just summer.

by Anonymousreply 411/19/2020

I don't think so since I seem to have a way of getting shidded on IRL. However, if I were largely left alone and had books I could do a dime like that *snaps*.

by Anonymousreply 511/19/2020

I and a colleague always joked that we would be fine as long as there was a good internet connection.

by Anonymousreply 611/19/2020

I did 4 ,and I was so busy chasing dick it went by in the blink of an eye.

by Anonymousreply 711/19/2020

Did you have any violent encounters, R7?

by Anonymousreply 811/19/2020

I was home from college one summer and was washing my car in the driveway oh my parent’s house. I came inside for a towel and my parents told me they’d been watching me and told me that I had nice legs. They also told me they would post bail if I was ever charged with a crime because, “you know what they do in prison.” I remember thanking them in advance.

by Anonymousreply 911/19/2020

I've been in for less than a day and my culo is already smarting. Another five months to go.

by Anonymousreply 1011/19/2020

R9, your parents were eye fucking you. Florida?

by Anonymousreply 1111/19/2020

Just one R8 . I was in the bathroom at the education building (wich was a well known trick spot as the guards didnt really invade that space ) waiting on a "date" and 5 black guys came in . I knew immediately I was in trouble as why would 5 men go to the bathroom together ? The ringleader started hassling me ,telling me he wanted some booty or else , and I just laughed in his face and said "try and get it then" . I knew the worst mistake I could make was to show fear of any sort. He pulled his dick out and tried to grab my hand to make me grab it,and it was on . We started throwing fists,he body slammed me on the floor and tried to get on top of me and I pulled my legs up between us and launched him off . He flew into the wall and I jumped back up (God what I wouldnt give to be so lithe now!) and one of the other guys tried to grab me from behind. I twisted around and grabbed his throat in a death claw. I had long nails that I kept polished with floor wax so they were like iron . The whole time the others were hitting me and trying to pull me off but I was determined to choke the life out of that dude.

Right as this was going on the guy I was supposed to meet comes in,and runs back out and gathers several of his friends and they came back . There was bout 8 of them ,so the black dudes saw they were outnumbered and decided to leave. I STILL had that guys windpipe in my hand ,by the by. I let go and he ran out gasping for air. Now bear in mind I was about 150 lbs and the femmiest femme who ever femmed ,so it was especially shocking to them all I was so fierce. Little did they know I grew up with redneck assholes and learned very young how to fight. That was the only scary physical altercation I ever had,but several others could have turned into one but I wasnt smart enough to ever be scared.

by Anonymousreply 1211/19/2020

I think I would survive but would be miserable without my creature comforts.

I am actually kind of thriving in lockdown because I love being home, surrounded by nice things, able to control the temperature, create ambience, have my favorite foods and drinks and basically able to do whatever I want.

by Anonymousreply 1311/19/2020

If they stuck me in solitary confinement I would be fine, general population I would be dead with in a week.

by Anonymousreply 1411/19/2020

No way. I'm bully chum. I'd be harassed to a nervous breakdown and probably several shankings.

by Anonymousreply 1511/19/2020

In theory. But one day was enough to cure me of that delusion. Prison is such a brutal punishment. But we think it’s a cure or appropriate revenge. The justice system is evidence of just how little we have progressed as a human race.

by Anonymousreply 1611/19/2020

I think some guys actually like it. They thrive on danger and male camaraderie. They pop-out 20 years later like they wee never in there.

by Anonymousreply 1711/19/2020

If it was 1 day r16, it was probably jail.

by Anonymousreply 1811/19/2020

Just the thought of a thin lumpy mattress and pillow, scratchy sheets and a thin blanket Is unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 1911/19/2020

Depends on where...

In a Central/Western European or Scandinavian country, where prisons have a strong focus on rehabilitation and reintegration, yes.

In the US, UK, or in most other countries, where prisons are more punitive (or even a profitable business model for private companies), probably no.

by Anonymousreply 2011/19/2020

R7 / R12, thanks. I have a friend / acquaintance who is very feminine-looking and is in and out of jail quite a bit (currently in prison). I always suspected he was a hot commodity in jail and was having a better time than the average inmate.

Anyway, agree with R14 as well, I would prefer solitary to having a cell-mate.

The one horrifying thing I've heard about solitary is that they keep the lights on 24/7. I would hate to try to sleep with the lights blaring on.

I would also worry about nutrition, eating prison food 24/7. Commissary foods are usually junk foods, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 2111/19/2020

I hate to say it, but up until recently, I have had trouble with boundaries. In my late 30s / early 40s I had a string of DUIs. I’m not proud of the fact. But I never had a wreck or blacked out. I usually got pulled over for bullshit like tag light out.

But jail was the only place I got any rest. I gave too much of myself to work, my spouse, my friends, etc... When I was in jail and cut off from the phone, I could relax. I’m a white collar management type, but I got along great with my fellow inmates. Probably because I had a sketchy youth. My spades mind games are on point.

But yeah, the food and conditions are not that great, and there are always some people in there who need to be. Best to avoid and respect them. I now volunteer at jails and prisons. So full circle and all that BS.

by Anonymousreply 2211/20/2020

I've never been into one, but I could actually see myself becoming a "top dog" in a jail, or dying trying. Crisis tends to bring out the Alpha me. I'm quite competitive and also something of a perfectionist. Size and looks wise I can also be pretty intimidating. I can just see myself going in and being seen as a threat by a few people, and not feeling like I'd have lots of choice but to launch some preemptive strikes against some.

Luckily I'm a real conformist for rules and have never had any trouble with the law in my life.

by Anonymousreply 2311/20/2020

[quote] I hate to say it, but up until recently, I have had trouble with boundaries. In my late 30s / early 40s I had a string of DUIs. I’m not proud of the fact. But I never had a wreck or blacked out.

R22, IMO, you've been lucky. You haven't killed yourself and haven't killed someone else. When you say "I never had a wreck or blacked out," I hope you realize that's basically luck.

I've driven while very drunk and have fallen asleep while driving. So, I will not judge. But I realize I could have easily killed someone on the road. I don't think I could ever forgive myself and wouldn't blame someone else for never forgiving me.

by Anonymousreply 2411/20/2020

Well, I'd either explode or finally gain the ability to pee in front of others.

by Anonymousreply 2511/20/2020

Are you a top, R23?

by Anonymousreply 2611/20/2020

Lol r23. Everybody has seen those movies. You would find out quick that your not very intimidating when it’s 5 on 1. You would get eaten alive.

I agree r24. I have been lucky. I was foolish to get behind the wheel. The volunteer work I mentioned above is mainly AA meetings. One guy stands out to me who just went from jail to prison earlier this year.

He was a carpenter who just had a couple of beers after work. In his mid fifties he was driving home one day and after a few beers turned to open the back window to let his dog get into the cab. He ran into and killed a motorcyclist. He will be up for parole in his seventies. Before this, he had never been in trouble.

That could have been me, but much worse.

by Anonymousreply 2711/20/2020

[QUOTE] You would find out quick that your not very intimidating when it’s 5 on 1.

I’d say most altercations probably involve single individuals, however. If he can handle one guy then he should be fine.

by Anonymousreply 2811/21/2020

I would, but I couldn’t take it. I would lose my mind.

I know I’d get all the dick a girl could ask for, that’s for sure!

by Anonymousreply 2911/21/2020

[quote]Time moves excruciating slower. One week in jail my 20s seemed to never end.

This can't be said enough!

I spent a weekend in jail about 2 years ago and it was torture. And this was the type of jail where I showed up at 8am and went home at 4pm.

Still it was boring as hell and all you have is a partially deflated blue air mattress that Lord knows who all has used to try and sleep the time away.

Then there is the genuine filth. Hairs everywhere.

It was torture. Lesson learned!

by Anonymousreply 3011/21/2020

While in grad school I was assigned to teach a couple of courses in prisons (one high security and one minimum security) as part of their adult education programs. I can assure you that there is nothing more soul crushing than being confined in a prison. It’s nothing like the movies or TV version. Even the ones that try to make it look brutal.

by Anonymousreply 3111/21/2020

Nobody said it would be a vacation. It’s prison. The question is who among us would survive in there.

by Anonymousreply 3211/21/2020
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!