Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ryan Phillippe - My Religious Parents Not Happy Me Playing Gay

Ryan Phillippe explained how they had not been on good terms before when he played the role of gay teen Billy Douglas on “One Life to Live”.

Phillippe shared, “I had grown up going to, like, Baptist school and Christian school. When I was a senior in high school, I played the first gay character on a soap opera — first gay teenager ever — and so I was shunned at that point. I mean, this was 1992, and I was playing a gay teenager and I was in a Christian school. They weren’t happy about it.”

Ryan Phillippe didn’t think his parents would be fans of “Cruel Intentions”.

Phillippe played Sebastian Valmont in the 1999 flick, with him saying during an interview on the Barstool Sports “KFC Radio” podcast this week: “I thought my parents were going to disown me,” due to them being super-religious.

However, he insisted he doesn’t regret playing the part in “Cruel Intentions”.

“I’ve still never played a character like that since,” he said. “I want to get back to playing a character like Sebastian in ‘Cruel Intentions’. It was just so fun to be so flippant and sort of like, you know, the emotions are theatrical.”

by Anonymousreply 16Last Friday at 2:48 PM

I saw him and his wife Catherine Oxenberg on TBN......I'm not sure if it was with the late Jan Crouch or her son & his wife (who still run the network)......it was painful.....

by Anonymousreply 1Last Thursday at 12:58 PM

Do we really still care about him after all the allegations and after his SA influencer trip (and how he behaved after) last year? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 2Last Thursday at 12:59 PM

Oh yawn.

by Anonymousreply 3Last Thursday at 1:15 PM

But if Phillippe had played a murder, thief or a rapist, his parents would be so proud and tell all their friends to watch.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Thursday at 1:16 PM

He's OLD.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Thursday at 1:20 PM

How do you pronounce his surname? I have never heard it spoken.

by Anonymousreply 6Last Thursday at 1:31 PM

PHIL a pee

Never understood why they didn’t pronounce it correctly, but since they’re whackjobs guess that explains it

by Anonymousreply 7Last Thursday at 1:51 PM

Well, that's just stoopit .. thanks for educating me.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Thursday at 1:53 PM

[quote] PHIL a pee Never understood why they didn’t pronounce it correctly, but since they’re whackjobs guess that explains it

He said the pronunciation was screwed up by his ancestors who lived in Kentucky.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Thursday at 5:41 PM

[quote] He said the pronunciation was screwed up by his ancestors who lived in Kentucky.

Well, now. That explains everything I need to know about Ryan Phillippe.

He comes from Hillbilly trash stock. It all makes sense.

And I will NEVER say Phil-ip-pee. It's Feel-eep. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Thursday at 5:45 PM

I was 16 when Ryan played gay on One Life To Live and it meant a lot. It was groundbreaking to have a gay teen on tv. We take things like that for granted today, but there was NOTHING like it back in the early 90s. I also thought he was the most gorgeous thing I'd ever seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11Last Thursday at 5:53 PM

[quote]And I will NEVER say Phil-ip-pee. It's Feel-eep. End of story.

He's not French, he's American. Fill A Pee makes sense in American English.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Thursday at 6:04 PM

Agree with R11. Kudos to Ryan and the production team of "One Life To Live" for making an impact.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Thursday at 6:28 PM

[quote] And I will NEVER say Phil-ip-pee. It's Feel-eep. End of story.

Oh come on, if the Koch brothers can pronounce their name the way they do, Ryan can also.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Friday at 2:46 PM

Why would he pronounce his surname the French way when he's American and has no connection to France?

by Anonymousreply 15Last Friday at 2:47 PM

[quote] Ryan can also.

He pronounces “Phillippe” like “Coke”?

by Anonymousreply 16Last Friday at 2:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!