Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brad Pitt is one of the most overrated male celebs look wise

I was watching Troy last night and don’t see what the hype is about. Ben Affleck looks better than him BACK THEN.

by Anonymousreply 70November 21, 2020 3:41 AM

Ah, but Brad gave better head.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2020 7:07 PM

Ben has a long head and no neck, brad has and exotic look.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2020 7:09 PM

Exotic look? He’s a hick from Missouri.

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2020 7:11 PM

Yes, but at least he was deserving of the title Sexiest Man Alive unlike that horse-faced queen, Dan Levy.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2020 7:15 PM

You don’t see what the hype was about? Were you watching the fucking movie with sunglasses? I mean I don’t even like blondes but I can say the man was downright gorgeous in that movie. And he was never built better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2020 7:19 PM

And Brad Pitt can’t act.

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2020 7:20 PM

Just watch A River Runs Through It.

Brad is stunning.

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2020 7:21 PM

As long as he’s washed and his hair is clean he looks great. He’s not everyone’s type but he sure is a lot of peoples type. I think he’s handsome

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2020 7:26 PM

Still overrated

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2020 7:26 PM

I would empty out my bank account, give up my house, surrender all of my possessions and live homeless for the rest of my life if I could reverse time and film a long, gratuitous love scene between Achilles and Patroclus played by 20 year old Garrett Hedlund.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2020 7:28 PM

He's good looking in a common sort of way. Now, Leo. That's a face for all seasons.

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2020 7:29 PM

You're right OP. Hurts my eyes to look at him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2020 7:38 PM

Not a fan of blonds in general and Pitt was too boyish looking for my taste for many years.

But he was, and is, gorgeous - absolutely gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2020 7:43 PM

I never thought he could act until I saw him in that Jesse James thing. He can act.

by Anonymousreply 14November 19, 2020 7:44 PM

nice looking, but waaaaaaaaaaay overblown publicized sex god, sex symbol status by the media and pundits...i can't think of any man in decades who was over promoted like this and many in the public bought it...

i mean come on, let's be real everyone: we ALL have seen countless drop dead breathtakingly beautiful men in our own little worlds and incredible body men that are all sexier, handsomer, better built than brad pitt... whether they are male models or bodybuilders or athletes or whatever....that's the truth.... because pitt is a actor he gets a "leg up" on these men and of course over all the "ordinary jobs" working men all around....

having lived in many places just around the united states (much less the rest of the world) and yes seen so many head turners, i don't think i would even give a second look at him if brad pitt walked past me on the street ESPECIALLY if it was brad pitt, office manager, not media hyped famous actor...

by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2020 7:46 PM

Hes a terrible actor. Cringe.

by Anonymousreply 16November 19, 2020 7:47 PM

He was stunning in the early to mid 1990’s, in A River Runs Through It, Legends Of The Fall, and particularly in Meet Joe Black. His acting was very good in Meet Joe Black.

I have never been a Pitt fan but watched those three films this week, for the first time. He really was gorgeous and I thought he captured Death perfectly in Meet Joe Black. It was an excellent performance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 19, 2020 7:48 PM

[QUOTE] having lived in many places just around the united states (much less the rest of the world) and yes seen so many head turners, i don't think i would even give a second look at him if brad pitt walked past me on the street ESPECIALLY if it was brad pitt, office manager, not media hyped famous actor...

Who the fuck cares about a bunch of men on the street? I’m sure many of those guys you saw were enjoying their day off, then headed back to work the next day pushing a floor buffer in an office building. They’re. Not. Brad. Pitt. It takes a tremendous amount of moxie and self discipline to do what he’s done over four different goddamn decades. And when it comes down to the few men with the will and gumption to be a star and maintain it, he is one of the hottest we’ve ever seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 19, 2020 7:57 PM

R18.. you obviously don't understand what i was saying! because HE"S A ACTOR and the world worships celebrity, his looks and body are given greater status over regular joe working regular jobs! it's all media and hype and publicity and mass brainwashing of the masses hollywood is.. pitt is a recipient of it all...

the truth as i'll state again, their are plenty of men who are NOT actors or famous in anyway who are way better looking and built than brad pitt!

end of story....

by Anonymousreply 19November 19, 2020 8:24 PM

[quote] … HE"S A ACTOR …

No, he's a performer who stands in front of a camera in movies. He has never learnt the skills of a proper actor in the live theatre.

And anyway, he sexy and cute rather than handsome. He's forced to groom his hair in that Jennifer Aniston way to disguise his wide cheeks and weak jawline.

by Anonymousreply 20November 19, 2020 8:46 PM

[quote] He's forced to groom his hair in that Jennifer Aniston way

Who do you think taught him to groom his hair that way?

by Anonymousreply 21November 19, 2020 8:55 PM

I've never preferred blondes. Perhaps, because I am no gentleman. I didn't really even notice Brad Pitt in "Thelma and Louise". He seemed very generic then. However, the first time he rode his horse on screen in the ridiculous romance-novel-for-boys, "Legends of the Fall", I was smitten! He was the embodiment of golden youth, simply breath-taking. He was also gorgeous in "Meet Joe Black". Sadly, over the years, he has grown too old for me (though I am even older than him LOL). Now, he looks leathery, unclean, and seems sort of dumb. Dumb blondes are dandy when they are young but dumb, old blondes just aren't appealing.

by Anonymousreply 22November 19, 2020 9:11 PM

Can we make a list?

I'm adding Johnny Depp, and Leonardo DiCaprio. Even in their prime, I couldn't understand the appeal. I will admit that DiCaprio seems like he would be fun to hang out with, wealth and fame aside. But who knows? I'll never meet him. And if I could meet someone of that caliber, it wouldn't be DiCaprio.

by Anonymousreply 23November 19, 2020 9:22 PM

I've never found Johnny Depp or Leo DiCaprio the least bit attractive, even in their youth.

by Anonymousreply 24November 19, 2020 9:45 PM

Sometimes he looks really handsome and other times he looks like shit. His gotten better looking since leaving Medusa.

by Anonymousreply 25November 19, 2020 9:48 PM

Sorry He’s gotten

by Anonymousreply 26November 19, 2020 9:49 PM

[quote] …he looks like shit…

~

by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2020 10:05 PM

[quote] brad has and exotic look

How is he exotic?

by Anonymousreply 28November 19, 2020 11:05 PM

in regards to blond men, i would take easily over pitt anyday, blondes such as former 80s/90's chippendale charles wahlheim and actor shawn christian anyday!

by Anonymousreply 29November 19, 2020 11:13 PM

I attended a class at Mizzou with Brad Pitt. He had the spinster teacher wrapped around his little finger. He was gorgeous in person, day in, day out.

I understand he went to California during spring break in his final semester. He was six weeks from graduation. He called his parents and told them he was not coming back to Mizzou. Can you imagine what they were thinking? Obviously it worked out well for him. He was the Grand Marshall of the parade during Mizzou's homecoming about a decade or so ago. Some alumni were not happy about this. He wasn't a graduate, so he didn't deserve the honor, they said.

If only I knew he stripped naked, wearing a hood over his head, at sorority birthday parties, I would have figured some way to ask him to do it for me...

by Anonymousreply 30November 19, 2020 11:15 PM

About 1983 at Mizzou...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 19, 2020 11:18 PM

^. OMG men aren't allowed to wear pants like that anymore!

Most Americans are prudes.

by Anonymousreply 32November 19, 2020 11:23 PM

Oscar winner? I mean, WTF? Him???!!!

by Anonymousreply 33November 19, 2020 11:25 PM

OP, I could tell you things about our National Treasure Brad Pitt - like how he reads to the deaf or initially willing to fuck Gwyneth - but you would not believe me. It’s ok that you’re an asshole. Yeah. It is.

Instead, look at the clothes they sneak onto his body in movies. The Ocean’s Whatever franchise throws him in Gucci and you can jump back to Armani gracing his frame thirty hair color shades ago for Meet Joe Black.

by Anonymousreply 34November 19, 2020 11:39 PM

His natural nose was very unattractive and puggy. He was smart to get it fixed early on.

by Anonymousreply 35November 19, 2020 11:41 PM

He's hot and seems to be a nice guy. Not overrated.

by Anonymousreply 36November 19, 2020 11:43 PM

He's gorgeous, let's not fuck around about that. Not to my taste but he's still a beautiful man.

If you don't think he's much of an actor, try the Jesse James thing. I was shocked at how good he was in it.

by Anonymousreply 37November 19, 2020 11:51 PM

There was a term in the early 2000s referring to him as the “Pittgod” as if he were some version of the trinity. There was even an early website devoted to the Pittgod.

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2020 12:52 AM

Dropping out of college six weeks before graduating is stupid. So you had a great time in LA and want to be an actor, fine. Nothing to stop you from going home, finishing the degree your parents paid for, and then heading back to Hollywood in June.

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2020 1:51 AM

I definitely disagree with OP's assessment. I think he is one of the sexiest stars to ever grace the screen. In his younger years he was simply pretty and sexy. Now he's got the perfect amount of aging pretty boy going for him. In IMO there's nothing sexier than a pretty boy aging nicely.

by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2020 2:04 AM

The exotic Brad Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2020 2:23 AM

He was terrible on Dallas, season 11 (1987-1988).

by Anonymousreply 42November 20, 2020 2:24 AM

I agree, OP. AWG. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 43November 20, 2020 3:00 AM

Brad Pitt is one of the sexiest men alive. It is not just his looks that have kept him in the spotlight for almost four decades while other seemingly handsome actors have disappeared . He is talented, charismatic, witty and self deprecating. The Hollywood community loves him and he has fans of both sexes in red and blue states. He is universally loved and he is still the go to name when measuring a mans standard of beauty. Deal with it!

by Anonymousreply 44November 20, 2020 3:18 AM

r44 = fanfrau.

by Anonymousreply 45November 20, 2020 3:55 AM

The world begs to differ, OP. You are an antisocial with warped perception and glaucoma. It's entirely your perception problem, thus try not to belittle the guy's beauty, fat dump OP.

by Anonymousreply 46November 20, 2020 3:55 AM

He can clean up nicely

by Anonymousreply 47November 20, 2020 4:59 AM

[quote]He is talented, charismatic, witty and self deprecating.

Brad Pitt wasn't the greatest actor for many years. However, at some point, he started improving. Since then, he has had a few moments of "brilliance." He learned while on the job.

[quote] He has never learnt the skills of a proper actor in the live theatre.

The pretension is dripping off of this post like bitter molasses.

Live theater actors aren't the only actors. Acting for the camera is different than acting on stage. While some are good at doing both, not everyone can handle that. (Ignoring the fact that not everyone has the look at least in America where that plays into it ... )

I'd say theater actors (and no I won't spell it with an 're because I'm avoiding that level of pretension) have the potential to become great film and television actors BUT only after they train to get rid of many of the quirks of live theater that do not work on camera.

There are also quite a few natural actors who somehow are able to dazzle audiences but have very little formal training. They just have a "gift." Not having that formal training doesn't make them any less of an actor.

by Anonymousreply 48November 20, 2020 5:01 AM

Brad Pitt is certainly no Errol Flynn!

by Anonymousreply 49November 20, 2020 5:03 AM

[quote]Since then, he has had a few moments of "brilliance." He learned while on the job.

Please mention these moments. Seriously, I'm waiting with bated breath.

by Anonymousreply 50November 20, 2020 9:02 AM

[quote] There are also quite a few natural actors who somehow are able to dazzle audiences but have very little formal training.

R48 Are you talking about someone on stage with a live audience?

Or are you talking about someone on a movie screen who has been coached, groomed and had all their mistakes edited out?

by Anonymousreply 51November 20, 2020 10:06 AM

Not really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 20, 2020 10:20 AM

Hmmm?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 20, 2020 10:23 AM

I agree he’s overrated, and I’ll add George Clooney and Colin Firth to the list. Fraus and basic bitches love them, and they always come up in articles/conversations as a kind of lazy shorthand for most gorgeous man. Ooh, I wish George Clooney would whisk me away for a night of passion! Yawn. Yeah they’re handsome, but so what. I don’t find them sexy at all.

by Anonymousreply 54November 20, 2020 10:51 AM

Misssouri Trash. He looks like a Bull Dog.

by Anonymousreply 55November 20, 2020 11:09 AM

I always thought it would be an excellent PR move for him to return to Mizzou for a semester and get his degree. Plays right into the "nice midwestern guy" trope.

by Anonymousreply 56November 20, 2020 11:48 AM

R56. Perfect that would highlight Angelina's "education".

by Anonymousreply 57November 20, 2020 12:10 PM

Never have forgiven him for that egregious attempt he made at a Belfast accent for THE DEVIL’S OWN.

He is pretty and charming, but that won’t exonerate all faults. And as a moviestar, his faults are on film and record forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 20, 2020 12:38 PM

R54, George Clooney has not aged well at all and does not have Brads physique or build. Also Clooney while witty and talented has a frat boy quality mind set that turns some women off. Colin Firth is not even in the same league. Your comparing apples to oranges.

by Anonymousreply 59November 20, 2020 1:39 PM

Ben Affleck? Surely you jest. Beady eyed, gigantic head, short legs long torso no ass....and hair plugs...how many times have you heard someone describe themselves as well “I am no Ben Affleck” when discussing their looks? Exactly.......Brad Pitts name is the name most synonymous with good looks. However that may soon change now since he is aging now....

by Anonymousreply 60November 20, 2020 1:55 PM

People see Brad as a trustworthy guy who isn't the typical Hollywood sort. Plus I think a lot of people took his side (justifiably so) in the Brad/Angelina saga and saw that he was treated like shit by her.

by Anonymousreply 61November 20, 2020 2:48 PM

george clooney? looks like a hardware store manager

ben affleck: looks like a high school coach of girl's basketball

colin firth: looks like a dock worker at best....

robert pattison?: looks like a guy who works at a used record store in a shady part of town..

i could go on and on and on about the so called 'handsomest men and sexiest men in the world" because and only because the celebrity worship world worships fame and fame careers (i.e. actors, singers, athletes)..

it's amazing that there are COUNTLESS COUNTLESS incredible looking men and actors who yes CAN ACT as well and you'll never hear from them and they'll never make it...

truly TRULY hollywood is ALL who you know and how you play the game.. shockingly so!...

by Anonymousreply 62November 20, 2020 3:24 PM

[quote] i could go on and on and on about the so called 'handsomest men and sexiest men in the world"

Please do, your comparisons are really funny and spot-on.

Firth as a dock-worker. My sides!

by Anonymousreply 63November 20, 2020 3:34 PM

What's wrong with looking like a "dock worker"? Yum!

by Anonymousreply 64November 20, 2020 7:10 PM

I saw the Playgirl photos once (A friend scooped it up before it was removed from the racks). His hard-on looked pretty nice.

by Anonymousreply 65November 20, 2020 7:21 PM

r 61 Ben has a bigger dick so that gives him extra points. I’ll take bens anaconda over brads shrimp any day.

by Anonymousreply 66November 20, 2020 11:01 PM

Every person I've met from Missouri (except St. Louis and Kansas City) had been down to earth and very friendly. I can't imagine Brad Pitt was different while he lived there.

by Anonymousreply 67November 21, 2020 12:22 AM

He looks wise.

by Anonymousreply 68November 21, 2020 12:33 AM

There was a sweet interview with Pitt (and DiCaprio) were he described what shit he pulled when he was starting out in Hollywood to get a line as an extra in a movie. DiCaprio (as always) dodged the question and just giggled like an idiot. Pitt really is down to earth and a good sport. DiCaprio never answers any personal questions and is usually just a big arrogant asshole. I also liked that he admitted he was a mess and had an alcohol problem. Not the usual PR bs that he was exhausted or whatever. Takes balls to admit you have a problem for someone of his status.

by Anonymousreply 69November 21, 2020 1:46 AM

[quote] …what shit he pulled…

He pulls it?

by Anonymousreply 70November 21, 2020 3:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!